Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

My #1 pinball, bar none. I own an HUO Centaur and it will be the last pin I'd ever sell.

Found this a few months ago, and spending more time to listen to it again tonight. This is the audiocast of Pinball Expo 2011 (and courtesy of PinballNews.com), a preso from the outstanding designer and artist of this epic pin, Jim Patla and Paul Faris.

Spend some time to listen to this. It's a wonderful exploration of the challenges in developing a pin, with some candid recollections from Jim and Paul.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2011/patla_faris.mp3

#2 11 years ago

Thanks for the link. Centaur is a great game .

#3 11 years ago

The best artwork on a pin, hands down.

#4 11 years ago

I just saw one for the first time today. It looked really cool.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing this!

#6 11 years ago

Yes. Thanks for the link.
Very interesting and informative. It gives me a newly found appreciation of the game and the challenges associated with designing and producing it.

#7 11 years ago

Played a Centaur at Houston Arcade Expo in early Nov that was in perfect condition.
What a treat. First one I had ever played, and I'm sure I'll never play another one in better condition than that one. It won a "best of show" type award. Cool artwork. Great pin.

#8 11 years ago

I was at that discussion in Chicago, and it was great. Thanks for posting the link so I could hear it again.

#9 11 years ago

Wow, thanks for posting! It's great to hear about the backstory to the game from the game designer and artist.

3 months later
#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Played a Centaur at Houston Arcade Expo in early Nov that was in perfect condition.
What a treat. First one I had ever played, and I'm sure I'll never play another one in better condition than that one. It won a "best of show" type award. Cool artwork. Great pin.</block quote

I agree. That was the nicest game at the show. The same guy had a really cool Vector as well.

#11 11 years ago

I know I just asked this similar question in the paragon fs thread, but does Centaur have a mirrored back glass? Thanks.

#12 11 years ago

Got to play one again for the first time in a long while at PPM in Alameda last month. Still an outstanding game.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know I just asked this similar question in the paragon fs thread, but does Centaur have a mirrored back glass? Thanks.

The original backglass is not mirrored, but CPR does sell a repro that is:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo94.html

#14 11 years ago

Here's the one at the Pacific Pinball Museum videoed in January:
https://vimeo.com/59973713

(and if anyone wants to know, the Dolly Parton was five games down from this and yes, it was LOUD. Black Knight was two down, and Pin-Bot was behind me).

#15 11 years ago

For its era it is epic. I was actively looking for this title before the prices shot through the roof. =(

So hard and so fun to play. Frustrating at times but always fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.