• Latest reply 10 years ago by Heretic_9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I know lots of folks are looking for one...2700 asking price though

baltimore.craigslist.org link

#2 10 years ago

In case the CL ad disappears and you wondered what it said...

PINBALL MACHINE - CENTAUR - $2700 (hunt valley)

My husband said I could choose one of his Pinball machines to sell as my birthday present.
Sooo worth it for getting some space back....
I am choosing to sell his Centaur since honestly the artwork freaks me out...
It's in very good condition. Everything works
Serious inquiries ONLY.
Apparently its a collector game for Pinball enthusiasts.....
Will send pictures upon request.

#3 10 years ago

Could be a really good deal depending on condition.

#4 10 years ago

The smart husband would probably tell her that it is worth a lot more than it really is, am I wrong?

#5 10 years ago

Funny and could be a good deal

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

The smart husband would probably tell her that it is worth a lot more than it really is, am I wrong?

That's what I was thinking

#7 10 years ago

I was negotiating for one of these (Centaur 1), claimed to be HUO and in extraordinary condition. Seller was sticking to $4K firm, take it or leave it. I don't know that it would have mattered if I had bowed to his price, even though I was supposedly the "leading contender" that had shown interest. Someone showed up out of the blue at the last minute with a truck, willing to pay slightly above that asking price, and that was that. This is why I consider CL to be almost a complete waste of time. CL is really the Wild West out there, when it comes to buying a pin. It's totally unreliable, a deal you thought you had is rarely a done deal (this is based on a lot of other people's experiences too), and there is no sort of counterbalance on the buyer's side. At least with ePay there are recourse or sanctions re non-paying bidders or non-selling Sellers, not to mention the Buyer Protection thing. I have so far bought 4 pins on eBay. The tally: two fair-price to favorable deals, one (debatable) top-dollar pricetag, and one where I may have overpaid. But, in each case the condition description was quite accurate, and in each case I did get the table.

Some noteworthy failures like the example above are leading me -- reluctantly -- to the conclusion that the only sure way to get a pin you really want, particularly if it is the least bit rare, is to pay WAY TOO MUCH, and do so IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise, you are just at the mercy of a blue moon and dumb luck.

I would like to get a better idea as to how you properly vet another Pinside member re a possible Pinside Market deal ? On eBay, if someone has been a member for 10 years, and has racked up 100+ transactions with 100% favorable f/b, you at least start to have a good indication.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-fs-baltimore-area-kind-of-funny-craigslist-ad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.