Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 85Txaggie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I was lucky enough to acquire a Centaur and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set it on free play....HELP!

#2 8 years ago

Don't think you can. I open the coin door and add credits. Some people rig up an external button to add the credits with the coin reject button, but I've never tried to do that. Just as easy to open the coin door once in a while.

#3 8 years ago

No freeplay in the factory software

Add a switch to the reject button like shock_me says, or drop in a replacement MPU like Altek which adds freeplay. There is also a homebrew ROM update here (http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_soft.html) that adds freeplay, but I can't vouch for it (my attempt to install it didn't go well, so I abandoned it...)

#4 8 years ago

Set the replay value really low (10,000 points or similar). Set the dip switches to max of 40 credits and then add some credits to the game.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks guys, think I will get the Altek board.

#6 8 years ago

You can do the ROM swap (it works, but you need to re-jumper the MPU board), or you can stack a credit switch under the Start button and that way, a moment before you hit start, you will be adding some credits.

In the meantime, you can set the MPU switches to give you 15 credits per coin.

#7 8 years ago

Home ROM is the way to go. Adds a couple other small features as well.

#8 8 years ago

I did the free play ROM on my Flash Gordon. Definitely the way to go on a good working board. Still get rewarded with the knocker when you earned it versus 10k points. If the board has corrosion, Altek is definitely an option. I read they used the same free play ROM code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
£ 195.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Displays
Retro Electro Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-free-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.