Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2012-12-01_at_10.52.04_AM..png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago

Centaur is the MM of 1981. You may not like it, but it's a fact. Move on if you don't want this one.

#14 11 years ago

As a heads up, I missed a HUO Centaur with a nice non faded PF last week for $2000, so your price may be a bit off >> guessing you know that from your original post...

A HUO Centaur for $2K? That's like finding a MM for $6K. I'll bet it went in a second and that people were fighting over it for that one. Doesn't mean that all HUO Centaurs are now worth $2K, it just means that the seller didn't know the current market value.

Here's one that recently sold for over $4K, not HUO, but nice.. but not super nice.

I think you are crazy if you think you're going to find a Centaur 1 in any kind of decent shape for $1K. Good luck though.

ebay.com link: 1981 Bally Centaur Pinball Machine Nice Well Sought After Low Reserve

Screen_Shot_2012-12-01_at_10.52.04_AM..pngScreen_Shot_2012-12-01_at_10.52.04_AM..png

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cobray >> I appreciate your desire to inflate the price of Centaur (since you own one), but the seller of the one I missed out on is a VERY knowledgeable pinhead and owns over 50 machines. I do not think he frequently visits pinside, but needless to say he knew exactly what a fair price was for the game. People were not fighting over it but it sold reasonably quickly is my understanding.
Also a II sold at MGC last year for under 600 and it has a decent pf and nobody was scrambling to buy it then.
Sorry to derail your FS thread Rusty.

I am not trying to inflate anything, and I have nothing for sale. I have given a real world example of a real sale that occured on ebay.

I have owned several Centaurs over the years and while I agree $2K is high for this pin (as clearly stated by the seller), I disagree with your assessment or "attempt to lower the value" of Centaur by stating that you believe HUO's ones routinely sell for $2K. The one on ebay sold for $4K and was by no means HUO.

The only other thing I can think of is the market must be slow for this pin in your immediate area? I could sell HUO Centaurs in Philly for $4K all day long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-for-sale-in-central-wisconsin?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.