You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01520.JPG
Picture 217.jpg
Picture 216.jpg
Picture 215.jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Decent Centaur, not mint. Backglass has one spot that is not noticable installed in the game. Playfield had a few very minor touchups and was mylared. Very clean boards. New white targets. Game works 100% including the Say It Again board. Needs one bumper cap. Cabinet has the usual bumps and bruises. Coin door is nice. A good players game or start for a restore. Located in Jefferson City, MO.

#2 10 years ago

A few pics

Picture 215.jpgPicture 215.jpg Picture 216.jpgPicture 216.jpg Picture 217.jpgPicture 217.jpg
#3 10 years ago

Wish these prices would pop up in Az. Good price and sounds like a decent game.

#4 10 years ago

Forgot to mention, the 2 small plastics right next to the flippers need replaced.

#5 10 years ago

the last one in AZ was bought for $900 about 8 months ago...a Bit pricey at $2,100 for "players" condition? GLWTS though....

#6 10 years ago

Wish I would waited to buy the one I did a few months ago - I would have jumped on this asap.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

the last one in AZ was bought for $900 about 8 months ago...a Bit pricey at $2,100 for "players" condition?

Stu, I really like you as a person, but you piss me off to the max with this price bullshit! If you can find a Centaur or any other of the popular 80's pins for those prices, maybe you could give some of us less fortunate that don't seem to ever see any deals close to what you describe a heads up? I mean some of us are on a budget and could really use the help. I love pinball as much as you and for all the right reasons. This is not investment for me. Your always so negative when it comes to prices and CPR stuff, but you will never step up and actually help someone get these deals you are talking about. OP - Good luck with your sale!

#8 10 years ago

Yeah, I call BS too. Centaur is a very valuable title just for the artwork alone. $1800 is a starting point for even the most average candidates. I think the OP is being modest. This pin is extrememly fairly priced.

#9 10 years ago

It's not necessarily likely, but possible that Don (pinballsonthemove) hasn't passed Jeff City yet (he'll go about 30 minutes by it tomorrow if he hasn't already) so if East Coaster's want a shot, call it now. As far as price goes, maybe a bit high for players condition but yeah, I finally snagged one and they are hard to find under 2k now in much of any condition. Getting snapped up quick. GLWS.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Yeah, I call BS too. Centaur is a very valuable title just for the artwork alone. $1800 is a starting point for even the most average candidates. I think the OP is being modest. This pin is extrememly fairly priced.

Yeah unless it was sold by some little old lady who didn't know what she had then I dont believe it either. Personally I think the game is underpriced at $2100 from what I'm seeing of those pictures. I'd say $2500+ from my experience. I'd buy all the $900 Centaurs I could get my hands on.
GLWTS.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI
269-979-3836

#11 10 years ago

Pissed off at me?...fine, I could care less, I was just letting people know what the latest price was on the last one that sold was! Try this > Don't buy the First one that you see, be a little more paitent and LOOK for deals! That's what I do, I spent 3 years looking for my Nitro and passed up 6 of them to get the one I wanted at a Good Price! Same thing with a KISS Pin > I spent 4 years looking and Passed on 12 others before I found the one I wanted at a Fair Price. I Never buy a pin just because I want the title, You HAVE TO LOOK & WAIT for Good Pricing, everyone here is so Impatient and Buys the first one available at "whatever" the price is....I Look for Deals & when I do find them I BUY.

Give you a heads up on deals? I didnt even know you when this pin sold, Nor did I know you were looking for it so Don't pull that shit with me.

As for Helping other people with finding games > you have No Idea of what you are talking about! > I have found 2 Dozen Pins for friends that were looking for specific titles at good prices & have even helped broker the deals for them without a cut for myself, so you really need to get your information straight Prior to opening your mouth about shit that you have no idea of what your are talking about.

Quoted from Squeakman:

Stu, I really like you as a person, but you piss me off to the max with this price bullshit! If you can find a Centaur or any other of the popular 80's pins for those prices, maybe you could give some of us less fortunate that don't seem to ever see any deals close to what you describe a heads up?

#12 10 years ago

Contact Pat V here in AZ, he will tell you that he bought his off CL for $900 about 8 months ago.....the original listing was for $700 and 3 people were trying to buy it, Pat ended up with it for $900....

Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'd buy all the $900 Centaurs I could get my hands on

#13 10 years ago

I think it's funny that new playfields for this title apparently are worth the same, or close to the same, as the whole entire game.

#14 10 years ago

PM sent, fingers crossed...

#15 10 years ago

ok, for all you Non-Believers > I just spent 2 minutes looking and already found these games at good prices...so Stop looking at just Pinside for your searches!

Skateball $ 1,000:
phoenix.craigslist.org link

Strikes & Spares $ 800:

Speak Easy $ 1,000:

BoP $ 1,950:

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

ok, for all you Non-Believers > I just spent 2 minutes looking and already found these games at good prices...so Stop looking at just Pinside for your searches!
Skateball $ 1,000:
Strikes & Spares $ 800:
Speak Easy $ 1,000:
BoP $ 1,950:

There's a BoP for 1500 in Florida right now.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yeah unless it was sold by some little old lady who didn't know what she had then I dont believe it either. Personally I think the game is underpriced at $2100 from what I'm seeing of those pictures. I'd say $2500+ from my experience. I'd buy all the $900 Centaurs I could get my hands on.
GLWTS.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI
269-979-3836

In the condition that the pictures show - I agree the machine is underpriced. If I neeed one - it would have been sold by now.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Skateball $ 1,000:

Not a good comparison as none of those games are Centaur , or as desirable as Centaur . Are you really saying that a Centaur is worth less than a Speak Easy ?

#19 10 years ago

Hey Stu, next time you see a game I want for a good price be sure and let me know okay?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Contact Pat V here in AZ, he will tell you that he bought his off CL for $900 about 8 months ago.....the original listing was for $700 and 3 people were trying to buy it, Pat ended up with it for $900....

A cheap Centaur, or any other pin priced well below market, isn't really a good price comparison point in a forum with knowledgeable buyers and sellers. Crazy low prices can happen when the seller isn't knowledgeable or simply wants the pin gone, doesn't mean that you should take that price into serious consideration when looking at a comparable game.

I think that $2100 for the game in this thread is a fair price.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Skateball $ 1,000:
Strikes & Spares $ 800:
Speak Easy $ 1,000:
BoP $ 1,950:

All over priced. I know of a Strikes and Spares that just sold for $400, BoP for $1500 and a Skate Ball for $500 just in the last year.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#22 10 years ago

1 outlying low price doesn't mean a thing. The exception is not the rule.

#23 10 years ago

Saw this a few seconds after it was posted. Would have jumped on it but too many irons in the fire right now. Hope shwarz get's it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

So, your friend is one of those guys that offers more, huh? Shame, shame, everybody knows your name.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Obviously the original owner didn't have it priced right or there wouldn't have been a bidding war from $700 to $900. Sounds like Pat was at the right price at the right time and got it before others bid it up too.

If you can sell any pin within an hour with multiple prices, then your valuation is too low. Unless you are doing a solid for a friend, or just desperately need the money.

To the OP, good luck with the sale and letting Pinsiders have a crack at it. If it doesn't sell here, you can put it up on Ebay with a "Best Offer". It looks nice and I am sure that it will sell there for close to what you want for it, or even more.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

So, your friend is one of those guys that offers more, huh? Shame, shame, everybody knows your name.

WTF?

#27 10 years ago

To the owner GLWTS
To the Police. PM me or post any Centaur I, anywhere priced below this price currently...."Anywhere"

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

To the Police. PM me or post any Centaur I, anywhere priced below this price currently...."Anywhere"

Here's a Speak Easy for half the price , It's pretty much the same game as Centaur .

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Pissed off at me?...fine, I could care less,

Give you a heads up on deals? I didnt even know you when this pin sold, Nor did I know you were looking for it so Don't pull that shit with me.

...you really need to get your information straight Prior to opening your mouth about shit that you have no idea of what your are talking about.

So let me get this straight ~ you like this guy as a person ?
Apparently, he hates you.

#30 10 years ago

IMO a Centaur with very minor wear is considered an upgrade from the typical player's pin with wear in the center inserts... so this seems like a fair starting price.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I spent 3 years looking for my Nitro and passed up 6 of them to get the one I wanted at a Good Price!

I haven't chosen sides yet on the issue of price policing, but it's not fair to suggest that a price it took you 3 years to find establishes the fair market value of a particular machine.

#32 10 years ago

If this machine was local I would for sure be at your house looking at it.

GLWS

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Wish these prices would pop up in Az. Good price and sounds like a decent game.

I just sold the Centaur I got from Pat for $2000, what I paid for it. Got a sweet Silverball Mania for sale $1300, CPR pf, plastics and backglass. Always remember u must ask permission from Stu when buying, selling or commenting. U desert rats!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

Decent Centaur, not mint. Backglass has one spot that is not noticable installed in the game. Playfield had a few very minor touchups and was mylared. Very clean boards. New white targets. Game works 100% including the Say It Again board. Needs one bumper cap. Cabinet has the usual bumps and bruises. Coin door is nice. A good players game or start for a restore. Located in Jefferson City, MO.

That looks pretty darn good for $2,100. Surprised it's not sold already. I would have snatched it up in a second when I was looking last year. My search is over. Someone pick this up and give it a good home.

#35 10 years ago

Why are people on here telling the op he is under or over priced anyway? Buy it or don't, the end.

#36 10 years ago

Surprised it isn't already gone on Pinside...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

GLWTS.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI
269-979-3836

This is just one of those titles that never comes up. I think the price is fine. Wish I saw more of these for sale

#38 10 years ago

FWIW I just paid more than this to have a project Centaur shipped (sound board problems that I am still working out) with a spare rescreened playfield that I may or may not use.

The price seemed fair, considering I have not seen one for sale locally (in the Pacific Northwest) ever. Perhaps I missed some sales, but who knows.

#39 10 years ago

Maybe he feels like the black and white artwork should bring down the price? Color costs more at the copy shops

#40 10 years ago

Centaur is pretty rare and pretty sought after. I remember TPA had a real hard time finding one at a reasonable price when it won their poll on what machine to simulate next. Furthermore, equating Centaur with Skateball, Strikes and Spares, or Speak Easy is completely absurd. I bet there're collectors who wouldn't trade a nice Centaur for all three.

#41 10 years ago

must be gone as I had not been contacted . =(

#42 10 years ago

If the game is indeed sold, please edit the original post (with the title) to show sold and congrats to seller and new owner, otherwise, GLWS.

#43 10 years ago

Sale is pending, but nothing solid yet.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I call BS on that one. I talked to the guy 10 minutes after it was listed at 8pm and arranged for a pick up the next day for $900 (his asking price). Guy wanted me to be there at 11am (I wanted to pick it up the night he listed it but he said no) and I told him I would try but it would most likely be at noon. I show up at 11:10 (after calling the guy and leaving a message that I was on my way) and Pat's dad is loading the machine up as I pull into the driveway. I asked the guy's assistant (the guy selling it wasn't there) and he said the other guy offered more money for it (and he never called me back to keep me from wasting my time driving over there) No way Pat paid $900 for it. Also the one Pat picked up had a blown out playfield, much, much worse than the one pictured in the listing.

#45 10 years ago

I was kidding but... There is a general consensus that offering more for a machine to jump ahead in line of somebody is frowned upon here. I've had people try to do it to me, didn't appreciate it.

#46 10 years ago

Guess I didn't get it...

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I call BS on that one. I talked to the guy 10 minutes after it was listed at 8pm and arranged for a pick up the next day for $900 (his asking price). Guy wanted me to be there at 11am (I wanted to pick it up the night he listed it but he said no) and I told him I would try but it would most likely be at noon. I show up at 11:10 (after calling the guy and leaving a message that I was on my way) and Pat's dad is loading the machine up as I pull into the driveway. I asked the guy's assistant (the guy selling it wasn't there) and he said the other guy offered more money for it (and he never called me back to keep me from wasting my time driving over there)

that's so uncool.

#48 10 years ago

i am solid . Contact me

#49 10 years ago

sell to schwarz.. he has a new playfield ready to put in and two other bad ass looking 80's Bally games.

#50 10 years ago

People pay extra for the centaur pubes on the backglass.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-for-sale-2100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.