Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinoffski
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

APRON CENTAUR (15) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (18) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (14) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (17) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (16) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (12) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (10) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (11) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (9) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (7) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (8) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (6) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (5) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (4) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (3) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider F-2NIRO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

hi people
    let me present a restoration of one of the most beautiful playfield ever drawn, I did some modification at the level of the wood parts, I deleted them all except the ball launching area.
    here are some photos of presentation, in real, the white is much more yellowed than in the photos, we can see the difference around the bumper area which was protected by the mylarcentaur (1) (resized).jpgcentaur (1) (resized).jpgcentaur (2) (resized).jpgcentaur (2) (resized).jpgcentaur (3) (resized).jpgcentaur (3) (resized).jpgcentaur (4) (resized).jpgcentaur (4) (resized).jpg
    the underside of the PF was also damaged, the fixing holes of the plates of the pinballs, as well as other defects like enlarged holes, added or ink broken screwscentaur (5) (resized).jpgcentaur (5) (resized).jpgcentaur (6) (resized).jpgcentaur (6) (resized).jpgcentaur (7) (resized).jpgcentaur (7) (resized).jpg
    details also inserts in bad condition and other defectcentaur (8) (resized).jpgcentaur (8) (resized).jpgcentaur (12) (resized).jpgcentaur (12) (resized).jpg
    centaur (11) (resized).jpgcentaur (11) (resized).jpgcentaur (10) (resized).jpgcentaur (10) (resized).jpgcentaur (14) (resized).jpgcentaur (14) (resized).jpgthe launch ball areacentaur (13) (resized).jpgcentaur (13) (resized).jpgraising the surface between two insertscentaur (9) (resized).jpgcentaur (9) (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

The good news is colormatching the paint on a Centaur is just about the easiest of any pin ever made....Black, White, Red!

sure, on the other hand for the PF is complicated, because to harmosinate the white, it must be redone entirely

disassembly of inserts for cleaning, once sanded they find their appearancecentaur (16) (resized).jpgcentaur (16) (resized).jpgcentaur (15) (resized).jpgcentaur (15) (resized).jpg

hole repaircentaur (17) (resized).jpgcentaur (17) (resized).jpg

drilling then insertion of maple wooden trunnioncentaur (18) (resized).jpgcentaur (18) (resized).jpgcentaur (19) (resized).jpgcentaur (19) (resized).jpg
    repair the holes with wood glue and toothpickcentaur (20) (resized).jpgcentaur (20) (resized).jpgcentaur (22) (resized).jpgcentaur (22) (resized).jpgcentaur (21) (resized).jpgcentaur (21) (resized).jpgcentaur (23) (resized).jpgcentaur (23) (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

repair of the lifting of the surface wood,I cut wide and beveled to facilitate the laying of the masticcentaur (25) (resized).jpgcentaur (25) (resized).jpgcentaur (26) (resized).jpgcentaur (26) (resized).jpg

a little mastic also at the level of the holes,centaur (27) (resized).jpgcentaur (27) (resized).jpg I glue the inserts with wood glue, it sticks very strong, it is the best method that I testedcentaur (28) (resized).jpgcentaur (28) (resized).jpgcentaur (29) (resized).jpgcentaur (29) (resized).jpgend of the preparation with some areas to chew on the surfacecentaur (30) (resized).jpgcentaur (30) (resized).jpg

#9 5 years ago

the PF is finished in preparationcentaur (31) (resized).jpgcentaur (31) (resized).jpgcentaur (32) (resized).jpgcentaur (32) (resized).jpgcentaur (33) (resized).jpgcentaur (33) (resized).jpgcentaur (35) (resized).jpgcentaur (35) (resized).jpgcentaur (36) (resized).jpgcentaur (36) (resized).jpgcentaur (37) (resized).jpgcentaur (37) (resized).jpgcentaur (38) (resized).jpgcentaur (38) (resized).jpgI'll start with the easiest and the fastest, the black, because during retouching, it is better to do a task of white on black than the opposite

#11 5 years ago

this charlie's is rebuilt entirely from the mechanics of a jungle queen, all the strands of wire are remanufactured, it is extremely long, a job that can spend more than a year, it is almost completed, when it will be done I will ask my client for photos

#13 5 years ago

black is fast enough to paint, a good day and it's over for the biggest, details will come nextcentaur (39) (resized).jpgcentaur (39) (resized).jpg
    centaur (40) (resized).jpgcentaur (40) (resized).jpg
    then white, the very big part of retouchinga lot of small details, we use the finest brushes that exists, the 5/0 and the 10/0paint brushe (resized).jpgpaint brushe (resized).jpgit's gone for the white, 4 hours of work for this zonecentaur (41) (resized).jpgcentaur (41) (resized).jpganother day of workcentaur (42) (resized).jpgcentaur (42) (resized).jpg
    So much later, we can see the difference between the new and the old whitecentaur (43) (resized).jpgcentaur (43) (resized).jpgcentaur (44) (resized).jpgcentaur (44) (resized).jpgcentaur (45) (resized).jpgcentaur (45) (resized).jpgmuch later againcentaur (46) (resized).jpgcentaur (46) (resized).jpgcentaur (47) (resized).jpgcentaur (47) (resized).jpgit's finished for the first layer, it will take a second one that will be easier and faster to docentaur (48) (resized).jpgcentaur (48) (resized).jpg
    soon

#19 5 years ago

the end of the adventure
    I almost forgot about this inscriptioncentaur (55) (resized).jpgcentaur (55) (resized).jpgcentaur (56) (resized).jpgcentaur (56) (resized).jpg
    a batch of photos of the finished FP
    underDSC00984_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00984_moyenne (resized).jpgglossy wiew
    DSC00983_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00983_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00982_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00982_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00980_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00980_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00979_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00979_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00978_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00978_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00977_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00977_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00976_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00976_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00975_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00975_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00974_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00974_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00973_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00973_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00971_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00971_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00970_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00970_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00969_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00969_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00968_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00968_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00972_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC00972_moyenne (resized).jpg
    and a video to finished this thread

thanks for reading

#22 5 years ago

I work with my wife, we are two artists , and everyone in his field, me the technical side and airbrush and she, the brushes

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from triplemercman:

Absolutely beautiful F-2NIRO, how many man hours did it take to perform this work of art including clearcoat process? A friend and I are finishing up a CPR playfield swap on my Centaur and the difference in the old paint appearance vs the new paint appearance of the two playfields is just crazy.

Thanks guys

I do not count anymore but I would say about 110/130 hours.
    I also restored the apron, I just wanted to redo the central orbs thinking that the result would not be good and then I pushed a little further each time, I lost time and the result would have could have been perfect if I had done all the rivets.
    once back in the game, it will still be acceptable compared to the starting state
    the apron at onceAPRON CENTAUR (1) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (1) (resized).jpgas I did not want to do all the black again, I used the positive stencils, I defined the part to repair and I painted it in metallic gray
    APRON CENTAUR (2) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (2) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (3) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (3) (resized).jpg
    I then put a coat of varnish to secure the support.
    the positive stencil is placedAPRON CENTAUR (4) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (4) (resized).jpgI define the part to be painted with an airbrushAPRON CENTAUR (5) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (5) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (6) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (6) (resized).jpgI remove the cachesAPRON CENTAUR (7) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (7) (resized).jpgthe difference in appearance will not be seen when it will be varnishedAPRON CENTAUR (8) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (8) (resized).jpg

a second stencil for red in the center of the orb and also for the right bally logo.APRON CENTAUR (9) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (9) (resized).jpg
    APRON CENTAUR (10) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (10) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (11) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (11) (resized).jpgThen I decided to redo the word "CENTAUR"APRON CENTAUR (12) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (12) (resized).jpg

#27 5 years ago

APRON CENTAUR (14) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (14) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (15) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (15) (resized).jpgand finally some rivets, strokes and the outline of the bally logoAPRON CENTAUR (16) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (16) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (17) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (17) (resized).jpg
    the endAPRON CENTAUR (18) (resized).jpgAPRON CENTAUR (18) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider F-2NIRO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-complete-restoration?tu=F-2NIRO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.