20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Again, WHAT "double ring config." is supposed to prevent this ??

You see the black rubber ring stretched across the 4 posts (5 in your pic, looks like it goes around the back one)?
Put an additional rubber ring stretched across those posts UNDERNEATH where your current one is. In most cases, it does not interfere with the drops dropping, but it helps prevent a ball from sitting where you have it sitting in your pic. It also prevents balls from going under plastics, but that's not the issue in your case since there's more posts there.

Quoted from Heretic_9:

They were installed by a very experienced tech. I think the heights when they pop back up are quite standard and as intended.

They need to sit a bit proud from the playfield when they are DOWN. This way there's a little bit of a ramp on the drop so the ball tends to not sit there.

Some people have gone to extremes on games and added a piece of wood in between the drops so the ball can't catch there either; I wouldn't do that solution.

3 weeks later
#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Has anyone developed something similar to a GI OCD board for Bally games? The Centaur I just picked up came with LEDs in the GI and in attract mode, the flashing is very difficult to look upon. If the LEDs faded in and out like an incandescent, I bet it would be fine.

Nope just as annoying with incandescent.

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from Geocab:

1. Is there a way to avoid what the "R" is doing in the photo? I've had to adjust slide this back into place twice in two days. What causes this to happen?

Your drop finger is worn, or the plate that stops the fingers from going too far is. Take a look at the reset plunger and coil stop as well, if they are worn it will pull the targets too high. If it happens very rarely that sort of just happens... but more often look for wear.

Quoted from Geocab:

2. Should you be able to make a Queen's Chamber shot from a trap on the right flipper?

Yes, if you hit it correctly. If you already have a couple of the drops down though you might not get enough mustard on the shot to get more.

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Where to get this version? I don't see it on IPDB...

http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_soft.html

Possibly pinball universe as well

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I know for sure the Centaur II they had a couple of years ago where I played in a league would laugh when you put in a coin and then said Energize me. It's one of the things that stood out to me. Unless the home ROM allows you to not be on free play, then that would make sense.

The home rom can be coin play iirc. Maybe it laughs when you have it set to require multiple coins?
Flash Gordon laughs are you thinking of that?

#1988 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The speech is generated by the TI voice chip is it not? Not the same setup as Xenon where they actually used voice samples.

Still samples but way smaller in size and thus quality afaik. Gottlieb and stern speech boards are synthesis.

#1997 1 year ago

You can do a /10 romset to make it effectively 8 digit scoring.

1 month later
#2087 1 year ago

That's doesn't look like the right one if it's a cabinet switch that's the one for the flipper mech itself. I think Sheev_Palpatine showed his in the cab.

3 weeks later
#2104 1 year ago

Welcome to Bally Bricking. Ideas are being worked on to help with this.

1 month later
#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I'm trying to get it so Centaur laughs, I've tried dip19 off but get no result.

Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

if orb targets are out of sequence laught (but only if O was the first target you drop)

Start game, knock down the O. Wait a couple seconds. Knock down anything other than the R.... should laugh.

3 weeks later
#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Noticed all my drop targets mechs are set up with some kind ground wire between the targets. I don't see that on yours.

You need the feed wire (it's not ground). It's usually bare wire on drop banks but it's ok the way it's wired. The pics without the wire I don't see how that will work at all. The tab should NOT touch the other tab with the diode, there are 3 tabs on the switch, none should touch any other one. Just wires on 2, and the diode on one and the odd tab out that doesn't have a wire.

3 months later
#2221 8 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

So I've not seen a NiCad battery in a pinball machine previously. This is from a centaur II and the battery has started to leak. Good thing it is off the board. So what do I replace it with? Do I just try to find another ni-cad battery? If so, what specs? No other game I have has thus set up.

Just get an nvram and pop it into the 5101 slot. The batteries that originally came installed on Bally/Stern boards from this era is a NiCad. If you replace with regular batteries you have to install a blocking diode so they don't get charged (see pinwiki.com in the bally section for complete options for this)

#2233 8 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

ah yes, less winding is stronger pull, so maybe a NO25-1600?

You shouldn't have to do this you should be able to fix that one target either sand it a little or adjust the spring tension. Later inline drops have an adjustable foot too to tweak the height too but that also affects the reset stroke.

5 months later
#2281 3 months ago

You can swap a test rom in that will show all closed switches instead of just the lowest numbered one. It's on pinwiki

It's also in the weebly multi ROM on that board

1 week later
#2292 83 days ago

bally games do not use a lamp matrix. The bare wire is the voltage wire running from lamp to lamp. The single wire is what the driver board grounds.

The pinwiki bally section is one of the most complete on the site check it out for basics and specifics.

2 weeks later
#2304 68 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I see on the back glass "extra ball." But, I don't think I'll ever see that light up. How do you do it? Where in the settings does extra balls kick in?

Only if you set replays to payout extra balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.