Quoted from mof:
First time Centaur owner. A few questions:
1) should the green light stay on in the upper right?
2) are the flippers asymmetrically placed?
3) I have 15 lights not working. I already swapped the bulbs for better ones. I have no indication that any switch matrix issues are lurking. There's a chance there are some lamp matrix issues, but what I'm noticing is that there are many ground issues. I can't believe that the ground wire is soldered onto the wood screws.
4) I would like to do a flipper rebuild. Do I have any choices to get a little more strength from the flippers?
5) I have plastics and a rubber set coming. Any other recommendations on what safety mods to check for or do?
Not sure on all these, but I'll try:
1) yes, I think so
2) fairly certain they're symmetrical
3) yes, that's the ground
4) try the rebuild first. Friction and electrical conductivity is the key. You should have plenty of strength if completely rebuilt. Remember that flipper buttons are part of the circuit, so clean or replace those contacts.
5) Get the battery off of the MPU. Go with a remote battery, NVRAM (what I have) or memory capacitor to avoid MPU damage.