20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjalexan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I picked up my Centaur as a project last year. Here's my starting point:
[quoted image]
I did a complete overhaul on the game. Repaint of the cab, new (rescreen) pf, re-zinc all the metal pieces, and blacked out all the trim. I'm very pleased with the results:
[quoted image]
I still have a couple of items to clean up (like new instruction cards), but overall very little in the way of issues at start up.

Very nice! Where did you find the clear/black rollovers?

3 weeks later
#929 5 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

Are there 18 or 19 - 5/16 rubbers?

The leftmost lane guide is supposed to be a full lane guide, not half. With that in mind, it should use two small rings instead of 1 large.

The rightmost lane guide is supposed to be a half lane guid. This is where i used the 6th 2" ring to go around 4 of the 5 posts up there. In that scenario, you don't need the 1.5" ring

This setup required 18x 5/16 ID rings.

If you use the 1.5" ring to capture only 3 of the 5 posts as you've done, then you'll need 19x 5/16" ID rings.

There are manuals on ipdb: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=centaur&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#476 for Centaur I & II which can be helpful but aren't very detailed.

1 month later
#953 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Pics for reference of part I need
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve got two five drop banks from a night fever playfield. Appears to be a very similar design. This one has the coil on the opposite side but the parts can be swapped around.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 year later
#1100 3 years ago

The signs are that it is the original or at least a very old battery, get it outta there! Go for an nvram or at least a remote battery.

That rectifier board looks like it’s been worked on so I’d redo that too.

How many flashes on the mpu led when you turn the game on?

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Bottom right board (mpu, I think) flashes as follow:
Then turns off
Seems like there's delays between some blinks.
Top left board, green led stays green no blink or flash.
Williams machines goes into 04 mode when there's a battery problem. I don't know what Bally's do.

Bottom right is the sound board. top left is MPU. check out the pinwiki sight and follow the flash protocol: https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#LED_locked_on

5 months later
#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

I am in the midst of putting a project Centaur back together and I have a question about the drop target banks. None of them have springs on the targets, except for the in-line drops. Are these supposed to have springs?

They should all have springs

6F4A32FE-5145-4255-849E-80BC587AD166.jpeg6F4A32FE-5145-4255-849E-80BC587AD166.jpeg
1 week later
#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Is this lock bar release lever missing a spring? If so, can somebody show me a photo of what it should look like? It is a Centaur 2 cabinet. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Nope, you’re good. No spring on that design.

I think that ground wire going to the lock ramp should be attached to the shooter rod plate.

1 year later
#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Trying to i.d. what boards are present -- stock, or not. Numbers did not seem to correspond with what I expected to find. The pix I took were not sharply focused enough, may have to do them over again. The one with the large heat sinks must be the power supply board. Is the board at upper left the MPU board ? The one at lower left was Bally P2948-301. [EDIT: a quick search shows that to be a replacement issue Lamp Driver board.] (I seem to be more familiar with EMs than with the innards of SS . . . . )

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Centaur&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#476

5 months later
#1725 1 year ago

Ooh thanks for that link! I imagine this retro magnet is a fair bit stronger than original?

5 months later
#1934 1 year ago

PBL has one a little cheaper. I’ve had this board for a couple years, no issues.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-say-it-again-replacement-board.html

2 months later
#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

I am still in need of the curved part of the upper playfield trough. This is the part where the ball kicker passes through. Does anyone have one that they would like to sell? Thank you!
[quoted image]

I just got all my Centaur and other parts back from the plater. I could probably 3D print a replacement part if you don't find an original. Plenty of room behind to make a suitable plastic part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 195.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjalexan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only?tu=mjalexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.