20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunnRAT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#766 6 years ago

So proud to become a Centaur owner! Previous owner had this one for 30 years. Looks mostly unmaintained. Can't wait to get her at 100%.

centaur (resized).jpgcentaur (resized).jpg

2 years later
#1075 4 years ago

For anyone who is changing their bulbs, I found it to be much easier to access the 4 green arrow inserts that I initially thought.

Instead of removing the entire drop target mechanism, I realized I could just remove the coil bracket instead. I found it was much easier to access the head bolts with a small allen wrench with a philips head, instead of trying to get the socket wrench to catch the hex screw on the entire mech. Also no desoldering of any wires needed.

20200330_192108 (resized).jpg20200330_192108 (resized).jpg20200330_193915 (resized).jpg20200330_193915 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1112 3 years ago

Centaur (original) owner here. Just gotta say there's something cool about the Centaur II cabinet. I dig the red displays, especially.

I think over time you'll see original Centaur II machines become harder to find as people choose to convert cabinets. I can imagine there may not be many survivors out there to begin with.

Centaur II and Eight Ball Deluxe LE would look really good next to each other.

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Thought maybe I misread the post. Methos asked if anyone has swapped a centaur 2 playfield into a centaur one cabinet. That’s exactly what I did. It is only the lane change that needs to be changed in this instance. He didn’t ask about doing a conversion to a “bally style” cabinet. Some of us got a centaur 2 years ago and then recently acquired a cantaur 1 after doing our playfield swap already on the centaur 2. In this instance we don’t want to do another swap just to get the good playfield in the good cabinet.
[quoted image]

Love Flash Gordon. Always felt it was a nice companion piece to Centaur. I imagine you think the same?

5 months later
#1201 3 years ago

At that price, and from what i'm seeing, it's definitely a no brainer. All time classic!

1 month later
#1243 3 years ago

Double value Queens Chamber shot. I love that this shot is repeatable and is fast. I've only done it 3 times in a row just once.

20210302_184649 (resized).jpg20210302_184649 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1277 2 years ago

Original linear mechs on mine and rear legs not exactly maxed out but enough slope to have a good speed. I think I was able to hit the target with a double queens chamber shot but it was a momentum shot with the ball coming at a high speed. Otherwise I dont think I'd be able to hit with anything other than a reactionary shot at just the right time. Usually it's just a direct shot into captive ball.

1 month later
#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from nibre:

I need to remove the top plastics but I can't reach the screws. Therefore, I have to move the playfield. How do I move it to the place below? Do I have to lift it while it's vertical or do I drag it towards me when it is horisontal? Or is there another way?
[quoted image]

Since your playfield is already in the vertical position, what you want to do is lift it up just enough to where it clears the hinges and then place it into the inside cabinet rails so you can then tilt it back to the headbox.

To play it safe for the first time, i'd recommend finding another person and lift the playfield up from each side. When you are ready to set the playfield back down, you will both have to make sure it finds the hinges inside the cab.

4 months later
#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Just got mine set up. How far do the multi balls go when ejected. Mine barley make it out of the lane.
There is a micro switch under the pf on the wire ramp , where the balls travel to trap door, and mine sits pretty high. I wonder if that got bent and is slowing the balls down
Thanks for any input

Could be. I'd also check the main mechanism for any issues like a bent or loose arm on the ball launch. Those things usually need adjustment because you have to always be careful it doesn't hit the shooter rod when moving the playfield.

2 weeks later
#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Okay, so I’ve got this entire playfield tricked out in Comet LED’s. 2SMD frosted for GI, and 2SMD clear (color-matched) for inserts. Looks like a million BUCKS, however…..the four green arrows at the 1-4 drop targets are not swapped due to the fact those li’l buggas are covered by the drop target assembly! UGH!! I’ve never had to remove one before, but it seems I have to, to get to those four lamps. Can anybody help me understand how I begin to remove it??? Am I gonna have to desolder and take it apart piece-by-piece??? Any advice or best practices MOST welcomed!! Thank you!!
[quoted image]

See post #1075 I made in this thread. Hope it helps!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only/page/22#post-5565110

2 months later
#1517 2 years ago

Between each connector I have approx 26 inches.

20220130_080620 (resized).jpg20220130_080620 (resized).jpg20220130_081033 (resized).jpg20220130_081033 (resized).jpg
#1519 2 years ago

3/4". Does this help?

20220130_091602 (resized).jpg20220130_091602 (resized).jpg
#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

And one of the connector has a point on it right?

Yes

20220130_114624 (resized).jpg20220130_114624 (resized).jpg
8 months later
#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I would have rather the bug eyes on the woman changed, genuinely creepy.

That's what makes it awesome. I love these Ballys that feature cool designs of semi-humanoid characters.

8 months later
#2192 9 months ago
Quoted from dung:

The original boards did not stand the test of time. Sockets failed. Chips failed. Roms failed. The only reason you say they are rugged is because repair is very well documented. That coupled with parts remaining available unlike allied liesure people do not shy away from older ballys.
Components for 1970s electronics have been drying up for years and is well documented on here. Fixing original boards will become more and more difficult. That leaves the aftermarket which is not something anyone can predict. There was a time when there weren't any options for Bally. There may very well be a time when that is the case once again.
If I want something I know I can fix in 40 years I will go buy an EM. For anything SS you are rolling the dice when it comes to decades in the future.

Your post reads like post apocalyptic dialog from a Terminator movie.

I'm taking a real risk here keeping around this old Centaur.

Better sell it and pay twice the price for a NIB one, ya know, for peace of mind or something.

6 months later
#2286 87 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I have some weird lighting issues.
A few of my insert lights don't work. Period. 3 to be exact.
My pop bumper lights: one is super dim, and one flat out doesn't work, ever No matter what led or bulb I put in, the one is barely getting juice.
Dumb question, but the sling lights. They seem to almost never be on. I assume this is normal? During ball three they just strobe. Is this right?

Slings only flash during idle/attract mode and stay on solid during play. When the ball hits the sling the bulb should briefly go dark then relight. They should not strobe during single ball play. They stay this way also during multiball while the rest of the GI will flash.

I would follow a wiring diagram just to be sure everything is where it should be with good connection. Or could be power supply issue. Lamp driver board may also be worth replacing or need repair. I did that for mine because of some problems with various insert lamps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
£ 195.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunnRAT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only?tu=SunnRAT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.