20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 10 years ago

I did a full restroation with New CPR PF, Mirror Plastics, Original Backglass, New Cabinet Paint (with Metallic Silver Paint) and I installed Real Metal Studs on every cabinet artwork Stud Including the Apron as shown in the pictures....Everyone that sees it has to touch it as it's just like a Studded Leather Jacket....

Stu

Centaur_1.jpgCentaur_1.jpg Centaur_2.jpgCentaur_2.jpg Centaur_3.jpgCentaur_3.jpg Centaur_4.jpgCentaur_4.jpg

#96 10 years ago

yep, CPR Repro, first run.....

3 weeks later
#155 10 years ago

check the plunger to see if it's 'mushroomed' even a little bit & also check the coil-stop, both of those will cause this reaction.....

1 month later
1 month later
#243 10 years ago

It IS a larger ball....

#245 10 years ago

mine was original and when I restored it I had all the balls in a baggie and noticed 1 of the balls was larger so I pulled it out & compared it to a regular ball and there it was > larger....

I have since replaced it with a Black Pearl and I have to say it is actually more functional as well as looking badass...the Black Pearl is a bit heavier and thus carries more Momemtum when struck so making the Stationary Target (Release) shot is much easier (I have my game on a very steep incline for speed games).....

I guess I should add that the Larger 'original' ball is heavier as well and would carry a similar momemtum to make the shot....

#249 10 years ago

I have seen at least 7 Centaurs ( + mine ) with a larger ball in the Queen's Chamber....And to clarify: I have a Black Pearl in mine now which is the exact same size as a "regular" pinball which fits just fine, the original factory plastics had no damage and were not expanded/widended through use of play......I guess it's possible that all 8 of the Centaurs I have seen with a larger ball in the Queens Chamber were not original but " I " tend to doubt it, then again anything is possible.....

Quoted from shock_me:

Stu,
I restored two original playfields and the ball size in the Queen's Chamber was standard. I'm going to investigate this some more, but do you think the previous owner of your game added the bigger ball because the clear retaining plastics were widened a bit from play, and not holding the ball anymore

#250 10 years ago

Also, Not sure about this, but the Flyer refers to the Ball in the Queens Chamber as a "Boot-A-Ball" and also makes note of the "Game Ball" in the same sentence....see Link for the Flyer Refference:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=476&picno=3809&zoom=1

This same reference ( Boot-A-Ball ) is made in the Official Bally Press Release:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=476&picno=11056&zoom=1

Stu

4 months later
#279 9 years ago

Multi-Ball launches from under the pf via this habitrail....

Quoted from jibmums:

I see a wireform/habitrail/subway running the length of the shooter lane under the playfield. It's been a long time since I've played a Centaur, what's the purpose of this

1 month later
#297 9 years ago

And here I did that treatment as a "One-Of-A-Kind" mod.....there goes the neighborhood......

Quoted from thedefog:

I'm liking what Stu did with the rivets. I may just have to do that myself

#299 9 years ago

~breaks Booze Bottle and holds to wiredoug's throat~

1 week later
#305 9 years ago

Well, guess I'll stop posting pictures of my mod work......FYI: Stencils are available at twisted pins for $124

Quoted from thedefog:

Honestly, this is more because I want to be lazy and not frisket out every one of the fake rivets before spraying and also have to do touch-up paint them all. These rivets look way better. Picked up a pack of 400 of these tack-in kind for $20 at 1/2". Hopefully they work well.

8 months later
#333 9 years ago

There is No Free Play on the oem board, however, you do have 2 options...
1. Install an Alltek Board and set it to free play
2. on your oem board set the free game threshhold to something like 3,000 points

Quoted from Hazoff:

How do you set FreePlay option?

3 months later
#376 8 years ago

yep

Quoted from Hougie:

Is there any hope of another run of Centaur PFs?

#378 8 years ago

Everybody loves me...except the people that don't, which is most people > they hate me, But I could care less....

Quoted from Hougie:

Stu, I love you. In a totally bro hug way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Zemst

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only?tu=Stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.