20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.
#251 10 years ago

I am trying to join this club. I have a perfect HUO AC/DC Prem for trade plus cash my way, if someone would like to leave the Centaur club and join the AC/DC club.

1 month later
#252 10 years ago

I'm finally a Centaur owner, special thanks to Greg Topf (NJGecko) for selling this game to me. It's a Centaur 2 but I'm not complaining. This is my first experiance with this type of cab. I have it all apart, getting ready to bring it inside and down to the basement. I am alone right now, so no help available. I have the pf out of the cab so I can manage it myself no problem. I have a question about the cab. I found some carriage bolts doing through the cab and they appear to be holding the top portion of the cab in place, this is the wedge shaped part that that backbox sits upon. 2 of the bolts go through the pf support pivot. I'm trying to remove the remaining bolts but it seems they are stripped. Somebody must have over tightened them at some point. So will this part detach from the cab if I remove the bolts?
Another issue is that some of these bolts were grounding the machine and somebody had cut a few of the wires so I need some pics of these showing where they go. The wire is a greenish color with a yellow spiral stripe.

Also I have for sale an NOS Centaur backglass for the standard issue cab. Since I have the C2, I will probably never need it. It is NOS, not the repro. $400 for the glass, I'm in south Jersey. Really don't want to risk shipping it. I can bring it to Allentown this May.
Rich

#253 10 years ago

Amazing how many Centaur owners are also Fathom owners. Add me to that list. Had a lot of games over the years but the early Bally SS machines are my favorites...For Bally's I also have Eight Ball Deluxe, Strikes and Spares, Rolling Stones, KISS, Playboy and Eight Ball

#254 10 years ago

Only Ballys I have now are the Centaur 2 , FG, star trek and Xenon. previously had BOPP and EBD. Wish list Ballys: Medusa and Spectrum.

#255 10 years ago

Made this GoPro video of my Centaur…ball 5 was a blast

#256 10 years ago

Could somebody post pics of your Centaur inside of cab please? I have cut wires on the cab grounding and near the rectifier board. I think I'm also missing a triac. I saw pics of a game that had 2 and I only have 1. there's no GI flash going on with my game. I'm new to this game so I don't know when it's supposed to flash. Thanks in advance!

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Could somebody post pics of your Centaur inside of cab please? I have cut wires on the cab grounding and near the rectifier board. I think I'm also missing a triac. I saw pics of a game that had 2 and I only have 1. there's no GI flash going on with my game. I'm new to this game so I don't know when it's supposed to flash. Thanks in advance!

I will do this later tonight when the kids are in bed, if nobody beats me to it.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I will do this later tonight when the kids are in bed, if nobody beats me to it.

Thanks!

#259 10 years ago

Here you go:

cent 1.JPGcent 1.JPG cent 2.JPGcent 2.JPG cent 3.JPGcent 3.JPG cent 4.JPGcent 4.JPG
#260 10 years ago

great, thank you! So there's only 1 triac?

#261 10 years ago

yes centaur has only one triac

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

» YouTube video

Nice, but why don't you change lane lights with your flippers?

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Nice, but why don't you change lane lights with your flippers?

Laziness…wasn't really playing for points. Mainly trying to demo the shots, speed of the machine, and multi-ball.

4 weeks later
#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

It IS a larger ball....

Just got a Centaur2 in thats been in a shed for long long time... lo and behold .. a larger ball in th queens chamber!!.

I never doubted stu but now i'm even more convinced the queens chamber gets a bingo ball.

#265 10 years ago

I remember playing this beautiful game all the time when it was new. Bally was really on a roll then...Centaur, Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe....Medusa. Really a shame that they fell so far after those games. I have a beautiful Fathom and was fortunate enough to add a Centaur a couple years ago in real nice original condition. I got an Eight Ball Dlx too, but quickly got bored with it...just played it too much when it was new I guess. The engineering is remarkable under those playfields! Great thread!

#266 10 years ago

just jumped in a few weeks ago. picked one up from a fellow pinsider at a great price with only a few minor hiccups to boot. the GI lighting in the queens chamber is out, and the top rollover lane lights are always on, so it kinda sux to play when you cant tell which lane you need to move to for bonus multiplier. anybody else ever have either of these issues pop up or info where to start retooling?

#267 10 years ago

Fell in love with this game at TPF. I WILL own one someday.

1 week later
#269 10 years ago

Hey guys, I have no sound at all on my C 2. Does anyone know of a good source for the capacitor rebuild kit? Looks like great planes is sold out, and action pinball want $30 for the caps.

Thanks, in advance.

Brian

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Damn Snaroff, your Centaur plays so much faster than mine. Looks like a blast!

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hey guys, I have no sound at all on my C 2. Does anyone know of a good source for the capacitor rebuild kit? Looks like great planes is sold out, and action pinball want $30 for the caps.
Thanks, in advance.
Brian

http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/repairkits/bally_kits.htm#b-snt1

#272 10 years ago

Cool, thanks so much for the link!!!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Thanks, in advance.
Brian

Marco sells them also, but you might as well change the volume pots since they often fail.

4 weeks later
#274 9 years ago

Anybody know if the Mirrored Plastics are still available from CPR? I can't find them on the website (they have the non-mirrored) and I would like a set for a minty Centaur I have coming my way.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anybody know if the Mirrored Plastics are still available from CPR? I can't find them on the website (they have the non-mirrored) and I would like a set for a minty Centaur I have coming my way.

The US CPR site has them.

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/plastics/Centaur-Mirrored

#276 9 years ago

Starship is temporarily out of the mirrored edition.

EDIT: I found a set, thanks!!

3 weeks later
#277 9 years ago

Not a Centaur owner yet, but one day. Question: I was just checking out the photos at the IPDB listing and I see a wireform/habitrail/subway running the length of the shooter lane under the playfield. It's been a long time since I've played a Centaur, what's the purpose of this?

#278 9 years ago

Anybody that has replaced plastics have the two small plastics directly next to the flippers they would part with? I am looking for those and the red lane guides down at bottom also if anyone has extras they would part with. I will someday restore the game, but right now I just want to get everything matching and looking nice and play the crap out of it.

#279 9 years ago

Multi-Ball launches from under the pf via this habitrail....

Quoted from jibmums:

I see a wireform/habitrail/subway running the length of the shooter lane under the playfield. It's been a long time since I've played a Centaur, what's the purpose of this

#280 9 years ago

If anyone has a nos or cpr playfield let me know. I may send mine to HEP if I can't find one. Thanks

2 weeks later
#282 9 years ago

Probably not the best idea asking this question in a Centaur owner's thread, but here goes:

Price check for a nice but not perfect (some minor wear on PF) Centaur?

#284 9 years ago

Yeah, I wasn't getting a response here so I posted that thread.

4 weeks later
#285 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Need some work
Sound don't work
Need to be cleaned

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

Need some work
Sound don't work
Need to be cleaned

image.jpg 143 KB

Can't tell much from the picture, but every Centaur is beautiful in my eyes.

#287 9 years ago

Well said!

#288 9 years ago

Hey guys, I just picked up a Centaur project that's been in storage for 15 years. I'll post some pictures in a bit. Was wondering, though - what colors should the "ORBS" drop targets be? Mine are black with silver lettering, which I thought was normal, but it seems that all of the new ones are white with black lettering. What's the deal?

#289 9 years ago

centaur should be white target with black letters. You have centaur2 targets in yours. The queens chamber target are probably white instead of black as well

#290 9 years ago

My 1-2-3-4 are white, Chambers are black, and ORBS are black (Well, ORS are black. What should be B is a blank white target.)

I kinda prefer the black with silver lettering on the targets; are these available anywhere?

#291 9 years ago

c2 targets pop up sometimes.. very hard to get. Try PBR?

#293 9 years ago

those are centaur1 target karl .. its the reverse he wants

#294 9 years ago

Opps. Sorry!

#295 9 years ago

Hey guys, I joined this club a few weeks ago. Got a Centaur II from a friendly fellow Pinsider here. Very nice guy. Interesting trip too when my Father-in-law's truck had the catalytic converter pipe fall out the bottom just as we pulled onto the street where we were picking it up! Luckily we got it back on and held in place with some wire fairly quickly and made the 3 hr drive back in 1 piece. Amazing it didn't happen on the highway, that could have been very bad.

I'll take some pictures later. Planning on doing a full restoration of it once I finish working on the Comet Machine I've been doing. Everything is working, just needs the usual.... You know, complete tear down, parts tumbled, mylar removed, Magic Eraser, clear coated, new capacitors, solder reflowed, fuses replaced, display resistors upgraded to 1/2 watt, inside cleaned, repainted cab, etc.

Playfield is in beautiful shape (zero wear down, just some ball swirling), plastics are all nice too. Backglass only has one small spot that is flaking. Even all the posts on the playfield were in good shape. Very happy and can't wait to work on it. I'm liking what Stu did with the rivets. I may just have to do that myself. I also want to get a stencil to spray the legs.

#296 9 years ago

Welcome to the club thedefog! Please show up pictures as you go through the restoration too.

#297 9 years ago

And here I did that treatment as a "One-Of-A-Kind" mod.....there goes the neighborhood......

Quoted from thedefog:

I'm liking what Stu did with the rivets. I may just have to do that myself

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

And here I did that treatment as a "One-Of-A-Kind" mod.....there goes the neighborhood......

cool. what about ES and BoP..??

( just a stir stu .. just a stir .. please dont hurt me

#299 9 years ago

~breaks Booze Bottle and holds to wiredoug's throat~

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

at least he credited you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 195.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.