20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 47.
#1351 2 years ago

Excited to be in the club! Scored this partially restored centaur with a new cab and CPR Playfield. Wow this such a cool and unique pin! Way ahead of its time IMO.

B545593B-36EC-4DB2-AC34-C277D91D48F8 (resized).jpegB545593B-36EC-4DB2-AC34-C277D91D48F8 (resized).jpegBFD319FC-12C0-4677-B6A3-416E3223AC68 (resized).jpegBFD319FC-12C0-4677-B6A3-416E3223AC68 (resized).jpeg
#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Excited to be in the club! Scored this partially restored centaur with a new cab and CPR Playfield. Wow this such a cool and unique pin! Way ahead of its time IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Nice looking machine. Is it really a new cabinet, or a restored one? If new, do you know who made it?

Thanks,
-Zee

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

Congrats! Nice looking machine. Is it really a new cabinet, or a restored one? If new, do you know who made it?
Thanks,
-Zee

So i asked the seller, sounds like it is a restored cabinet, not a new one. My apologies!

#1354 2 years ago

CashMoney
WOW It fits in nice between the other pins along side it
and those pins look just as nice

#1355 2 years ago

just picked up a centaur 2 and observed that the front legs are 28 1/2 inches and the rear legs are 30 1/2 inches. No way this is supposed to be like this, right? I am guessing correst size is 28 1/2 all the way around?

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

just picked up a centaur 2 and observed that the front legs are 28 1/2 inches and the rear legs are 30 1/2 inches. No way this is supposed to be like this, right? I am guessing correst size is 28 1/2 all the way around?

you are correct

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

you are correct

I think I might leave it like that. Makes it so I don't have to use super long levelers in the back

2 weeks later
#1358 2 years ago

Sorry, I missed this post. Yeah I solved the issue. The previous owner had one of the rom chips in the wrong slot, I move it to the correct one and it’s working fine.

Thanks for helping out.

3 weeks later
#1359 2 years ago

Greetings - I am building my own Centaur cabinet to transfer my Centaur II parts into and fully restore. I have a Xenon and Star Trek that I have modeled the cabinet minus game specific details. Only part of the cabinet that I cannot find any good pictures of is the white display/light board behind the backglass.

Could somebody please post decent resolution pic of this white panel behind the back glass taken as straight on/perpendicular as possible? I can get the light and display positions from the pic in my cad system by overlaying it over the actual panel perimeter size from Xenon and/or Star Trek.

Thanks!

#1360 2 years ago

Since you are new here, you should know that a Centaur head is not the same as Xenon or Star Trek in that it is not as deep due to how it is hinged. This will only affect how the graphics line up when it comes time to paint it. If stone cold originality is not important to you there is nothing wrong with using one of the heads you have. You should consider using a neck and hinge setup from an Eight Ball Deluxe, Flash Gordon etc. PM me if you need more detailed instruction.

#1361 2 years ago
DE4D1201-FAC8-413A-9485-D1AD121A6F3F (resized).jpegDE4D1201-FAC8-413A-9485-D1AD121A6F3F (resized).jpeg
#1362 2 years ago

Thanks a million man. This is where I'm at now. Seriously appreciate the pic. Very helpful

Cabinet_CMR (resized).JPGCabinet_CMR (resized).JPG
#1363 2 years ago

Wow! That was fast. Every lamp socket appears accurate in your drawing. This ought to good!

#1364 2 years ago

BTW: Welcome to Pinside!

#1365 2 years ago

I am having problems with the red targets behind the ORBS drops. First is when the red targets are hit result in air balls. Second there is not enough room for the red target to move when struck ( due to clearance with the white rubber)to actuate it’s respective switch.

Before I start tinkering, wondering if anyone else has resolved.

1 week later
#1366 2 years ago

So I have an odd issue with a Bally Centaur and an AllTek mpu. All switches are identical to the stock MPU, it has been reset and game switches are correct for this game. For some reason the magnet capture does not work with the AllTek, but works fine with the stock board. I have looked in the manual to see if there is an on/off magnet feature but did not see anything. Any ideas or could this MPU possibly be defective? Thanks

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

For some reason the magnet capture does not work with the AllTek, but works fine with the stock board.

There is no feature to disable the magnet.
The magnet is controlled by the signal leaving the MPU board at J4 pin 8 (green-black wire) and goes to the solenoid driver board on J4 pin 10.
Have you re-terminated the J4 MPU connector yet?
This signal should go logic low when the magnet is to be activated.

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

There is no feature to disable the magnet.
The magnet is controlled by the signal leaving the MPU board at J4 pin 8 (green-black wire) and goes to the solenoid driver board on J4 pin 10.
Have you re-terminated the J4 MPU connector yet?
This signal should go logic low when the magnet is to be activated.

Okay well thats a start thanks for that info. But I’m not sure what you mean by “re-terminated”?

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

Okay well thats a start thanks for that info. But I’m not sure what you mean by “re-terminated”?

new crimp connector on that wire

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

new crimp connector on that wire

No I have not but I do have a new upgraded connector kit I can try. Just seemed odd it works with the original and not the AllTek after many attempts. I will try this and report back thanks!

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

No I have not but I do have a new upgraded connector kit I can try. Just seemed odd it works with the original and not the AllTek after many attempts. I will try this and report back thanks!

So Dave from AllTek just called me back and said to set all my coin doors settings to 03 as they are all on 00 now. So along with the connectors I am going to try that as well. I do know if you don't have setting 18 on “03” you will not get all the sounds.

3 weeks later
#1372 2 years ago

What's the best place to get the best Centaur BG? I don't care if it's mirrored or not, but I know there were quality issues with some manufacturers. Thanks

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

What's the best place to get the best Centaur BG? I don't care if it's mirrored or not, but I know there were quality issues with some manufacturers. Thanks

There is CPR, Planetary Pinball, and there's Ebay, however I feel your really taking a chance with them.

1 week later
#1374 2 years ago

I just joined the club today. Dumb question. About 10 minutes After finishing a game all balls were released as I was cleaning the glass. Scared the shit out of me. Did I cause some kind of reset or is this part of the attract?

20210922_103822 (resized).jpg20210922_103822 (resized).jpg20210922_104535 (resized).jpg20210922_104535 (resized).jpg20210922_104859 (resized).jpg20210922_104859 (resized).jpg
#1375 2 years ago
#1376 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I just joined the club today. Dumb question. About 10 minutes After finishing a game all balls were released as I was cleaning the glass. Scared the shit out of me. Did I cause some kind of reset or is this part of the attract?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's part of the attract mode feature.

I remember the first time it went off on mine, I was in a zoom meeting and it went off and I got a lot of weird looks from my coworkers LOL.

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can turn it off via a dipswitch setting. Get the manual if you don't have one yet.

1 week later
#1378 2 years ago

So who here is hoping and waiting the the Haggis Centaur?

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So who here is hoping and waiting the the Haggis Centaur?

It would be interesting. Maybe they could make better use of the magnet. Better rendition of the centaur himself.

Endless possibilities but they would have the same problem as the makers of the newer star wars movies - how to treat the source material with reverence while stepping it up with the new version.

#1380 2 years ago

Hey everyone. I am planning on changing out the GI bulbs on my new centaur. It's beautiful but the leds are not frosted and they are killing me during attract mode. I have a bag of comet natural frosted, 1smd I believe. Do you all have any tips or advice before I get started? For instance, do you recommend removing the plastics and getting at it from the top or lifting the playfield and accessing the bulbs from underneath? Any and all advice appreciated. Thx

#1381 2 years ago

the GI is all from the top on this game.

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

the GI is all from the top on this game.

Thanks

1 week later
#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Hey everyone. I am planning on changing out the GI bulbs on my new centaur. It's beautiful but the leds are not frosted and they are killing me during attract mode. I have a bag of comet natural frosted, 1smd I believe. Do you all have any tips or advice before I get started? For instance, do you recommend removing the plastics and getting at it from the top or lifting the playfield and accessing the bulbs from underneath? Any and all advice appreciated. Thx

you can also stop the GI from flashing in Attract mode. First thing I did when I got mine. It was way too much flashing...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-turn-off-attract-mode-on-centaur

#1384 2 years ago

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegSo I need help - I have almost completed my Bally Centaur Restoration, but there a few things I cannot find anywhere - are they really impossible to find?

Top of the list is the narrow height ball gate assembly that attaches to the upper wood rail. The three other wire gates I need, I need the brackets - end of the shooter lane, and the two on either side of the flippers. Help?

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

#1385 2 years ago

Hi!
One of our wires to the magnet was not soldered. Could any of you nice pinheads take a photo om your Centaur magnet wire solderings. Its original magnet not the retrofitted.

Thanks!
/Simon

#1386 2 years ago

How many of the Centaurs out there came with a factory magnet? I've never seen numbers on that.

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

How many of the Centaurs out there came with a factory magnet? I've never seen numbers on that.

I think all of them. Never seen one without. I know I have seen a ton of Centaurs with bad / broken or missing magnets “including mine”. I had to repair the coil to get mine to work. I think a lot of them were thrown away when they failed. Really not needed but a nice touch.

#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think all of them. Never seen one without. I know I have seen a ton of Centaurs with bad / broken or missing magnets “including mine”. I had can to repair the coil to get mine to work. I think a lot of them were thrown away when they failed. Really not needed but a nice touch.

Interesting - I got mine when it had been stripped down to a shell and a partially populated pf, so no magnet here.

#1389 2 years ago

Can I ask someone to take a clear picture of how the shooter lane ball gate is attached top and bottom? it's the upper right hand corner of the playfield, and it looks like it doesn't attach to anything at the top?

92304e0c3d7f176882aec45f7c3c142179277fdf (resized).jpg92304e0c3d7f176882aec45f7c3c142179277fdf (resized).jpg
#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I’ve just hears people fixed missing magnets/broken to 9247 and retrofit.
But need a picture of the soldering of the magnet as 1 wire is loose.

#1391 2 years ago

Mtn Frost - yea, its weird, but it only attaches on one side. I asked that question a few years ago, and was surprised to find out that's the way it was.

#1392 2 years ago

It is unattached at the top. I put mine under the plastic so nobody can see...

ShooterLaneBallGate (resized).jpgShooterLaneBallGate (resized).jpg
#1393 2 years ago

Thank you Zee. Hey everyone, I needed apron cards for my Centaur, and I thought what was out there was either boring, or just awful. My opinion, of course, but here's one to share with all you fellow Centaur owners as a way of saying thank you for helping me.

Centaur Apron Card QFrost (resized).jpgCentaur Apron Card QFrost (resized).jpg
#1394 2 years ago

By any chance does someone have an apron scan? I'd like to try and make a decal with my vinyl cutter.

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Thank you Zee. Hey everyone, I needed apron cards for my Centaur, and I thought what was out there was either boring, or just awful. My opinion, of course, but here's one to share with all you fellow Centaur owners as a way of saying thank you for helping me.[quoted image]

Hate to be that guy but......."ITS" and "MULTIBALL" spelled incorrectly on top card.

#1396 2 years ago

XatchieS

If still needed

From my swap I remember it’s really hard to see but wired like most coils but using solder tabs....yellow power to banded side and one wire from magnet grey red to other side of diode and other wire from magnet

3D8BDFC3-24F3-4987-94BA-9CECD0CD1C73 (resized).jpeg3D8BDFC3-24F3-4987-94BA-9CECD0CD1C73 (resized).jpeg
#1397 2 years ago

Just got mine set up. How far do the multi balls go when ejected. Mine barley make it out of the lane.
There is a micro switch under the pf on the wire ramp , where the balls travel to trap door, and mine sits pretty high. I wonder if that got bent and is slowing the balls down
Thanks for any input

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Just got mine set up. How far do the multi balls go when ejected. Mine barley make it out of the lane.
There is a micro switch under the pf on the wire ramp , where the balls travel to trap door, and mine sits pretty high. I wonder if that got bent and is slowing the balls down
Thanks for any input

Could be. I'd also check the main mechanism for any issues like a bent or loose arm on the ball launch. Those things usually need adjustment because you have to always be careful it doesn't hit the shooter rod when moving the playfield.

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Could be. I'd also check the main mechanism for any issues like a bent or loose arm on the ball launch. Those things usually need adjustment because you have to always be careful it doesn't hit the shooter rod when moving the playfield.

I will check the arm again. It felt like it move freely, but not loose. I will grab a photo of the switch on underside and see if it looks as it should. Thanks

#1400 2 years ago

FINALLY joined the brotherhood! WoooHOOOOO!! Okay, so…..I’ve turned OFF dipswitch #30 so balls don’t deploy during attract mode, however the playfield inserts will still flash. That said, in attract mode, is playfield GI supposed to flash too?? I’ve seen a couple YouTube vids where GI stays on while inserts flash, but in attract mode my whole playfield flashes in unison. Am I missing something obvious here?? Thanks, and DESTROY CENTAUR!!

46AAEC07-B17D-4D49-B720-961F757E341B (resized).jpeg46AAEC07-B17D-4D49-B720-961F757E341B (resized).jpeg6A0A7601-852E-48B3-A58F-FDF8C6C1AFEB (resized).jpeg6A0A7601-852E-48B3-A58F-FDF8C6C1AFEB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 195.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

There are 2,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.