(Topic ID: 110867)

Centaur backbox lights not working...

By Robo1

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Well, the fuse is good. Connectors arent burnt on the mpu but there looks like there had been a bit of repaired battery acid damage some year ago. Any suggestions on where to look or what may need to be replaced? Everything else is in pretty good working order.....

Thanks,
Rob

#2 9 years ago

The switched lights or the GI? the MPU isnt all that relevant.. the backbox lighting comes from the power supply.

look at the test points and pins on the power supply in the cabinet, look at the power supply schematic.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Doug, I will take a look. Its just the GI but there may be a bad trace or a broken wire somewhere.. i dont have much experience changing components on the boards, i was hoping it was just a bad connector, but when i saw the battery corrosion....

#4 9 years ago

Tool to help debug the GI (or any lamps)...solder two clips onto the appropriate areas of a spare lamp socket, install bulb, clip where needed in order to test.

Bob

#5 9 years ago

If I remember right the GI lights are connected to a triac on the bottom of the cabinet. I know it controls the GI on the playfield. I don't remember if the triac controls the GI in the backbox. But if the bottom of it is dirty and not making good contact to the ground plate it will keep the lights from working. take that off and clean the bottom and where it screws on to make sure its making good contact. But if the GI on the playfield are working ok then its probably not that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-backbox-lights-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.