Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fathom (resized).PNG
DSCF5859 (resized).JPG
FATHOM.jpg
Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
plaf-fath (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Why? Just build one around the play field. Not easy, but not impossible either. Pretty much everything you need is available or can be crafted. The play field and plastics are the hard part...

I figured it would be parts like the inline drop targets that would be harder to come by, though not exactly rare I didn't think parts like that were available to buy but instead you'd need one good donor playfield if not the parts off several.

1 week later
#42 7 years ago

I got my old Fathom playfield back from CPR today... I was able to send it off to Mike for re-screening in this run as he needed another sample for CAD confirmation. It has exceeded my expectations, I can't believe my old playfield can look this good. My sincere appreciation to Mike, Kevin and the whole CPR team for continuing to produce amazing work.

The playfield I sent him was the one I originally swapped out for a playfield swap I did back in 2005. Due to circumstances at the time I actually ended up selling off all my pins and getting out of the hobby but I held on to the old playfield all these years. As I've slowly started to re-enter the hobby again timing turned out to be pretty good and I was able to get the old pf rescreened. I always wonder how my old Fathom is fairing, I sold it back around this time in 2006 to a nice fellow on the West Coast. The email I have for the him is dead and this was pre-pinside days of course but if you happened to buy a Fathom in 2006 of RGP from a fellow in Canada who had never shipped before and still own it I'd love to hear from you!

FATHOM.jpgFATHOM.jpg

1 year later
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What happened to this new process they were supposed to have where they can crank out playfields on a moment's notice whatever happened with that I don't see anything more being said about it

They said in their announcement they were starting with plastics and backglasses and that playfields would follow down the road. "New" Plastics and Glasses from the vault so to speak have steadily become available with Kevin being very active in the thread keeping everyone updated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases

I suspect we will see a similar thread for playfields when the time comes.

Oops, totally missed that mitch had responded, didn't make it to the next page

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-and-fathom-playfields-available-cpr?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.