Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fathom (resized).PNG
DSCF5859 (resized).JPG
FATHOM.jpg
Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
plaf-fath (resized).jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

CPR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just throwing it out there to say we just posted CENTAUR and FATHOM playfields in our website Store tonight. Don't know how fast or slow these will go, but I do have several left of each boutique run... an AMAZING number of abandonments happened on the preorders for these... we suspect year-end wallet troubles, which was probably bad timing for these to be shipping in Nov/Dec for many (holidays, family comes first, etc).

In the end, a decent little selection sits right now (even some Golds). It's open season, first come first served, if anybody is interested.

Last of the Waiting List emails went out this evening.

Hit our home page (updated tonite) and simply go from there. I'll be doing a few posts here tonight to make folks aware.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

plaf-fath (resized).jpgplaf-fath (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Sweet! Now all I need is a Fathom....

#3 7 years ago

Sweet! Now all I need is a thousand bucks!

#4 7 years ago

Very excellent.

#5 7 years ago

Boom! Ordered.

#6 7 years ago

I'm just seeing this, will the website update when there are no more available? Do you get an email confirmation if you have successfully ordered a playfield? Seems that there may be more people to send in money after seeing this, than playfields available. Of course I have no idea how many are available.

Edit: Seems like the website did update, no more Gold Fathoms or Centaurs.

#7 7 years ago

I am shocked and very pleased by this. A foolish purchase, probably, because I'll likely never find a suitable (aka cheap/project status) Fathom to put this in until the next decade, but I couldn't have scrambled any faster to get a payment through.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I am shocked and very pleased by this. A foolish purchase, probably, because I'll likely never find a suitable (aka cheap/project status) Fathom to put this in until the next decade, but I couldn't have scrambled any faster to get a payment through.

my thoughts exactly.

# of people looking for cheap project fathoms just went up, lol.

Unfortunately, it seems some are alreayd paying silly prices for project games, so this may be super expensive wall art for many...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my thoughts exactly.
Unfortunately, it seems some are alreayd paying silly prices for project games, so this may be super expensive wall art for many...

I hope you guys are able to find project games, but as far as wall art goes, Fathom is definitely one of the most beautiful playfields ever screened IMO

#10 7 years ago

well that was quick...

Fathom all gone!

#11 7 years ago

Luckily I got a local CPR one and I will probably offer up my spare play field when it's all swapped over.

#12 7 years ago

Darn! Wish I had checked Pinside first thing this AM!

If any FATHOM PF buyers have "buyers remorse" and want to unload their new PF please let me know!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Darn! Wish I had checked Pinside first thing this AM!
If any FATHOM PF buyers have "buyers remorse" and want to unload their new PF please let me know!

conversely if any Fathom game owners want to unload that project stuffed in a storage room... please reach out to me

#14 7 years ago

Obviously they need to make more...

#15 7 years ago

I will take another project game too.

#16 7 years ago

Good for the buyers that got a fathom!

I'll keep my restored original. I like the green.

It seems you can't win: When you finally find a game to restore, there are no playfields available. Or, you buy the playfield in hopes of finding a game; and you never do.

Goes back to what i've asked many times: Why aren't more overlays available??? You got the art CPR....
At least people would have Something.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will take another project game too.

hey now... You dont need 2 fathoms and 2 vikings

#18 7 years ago

Wow! Fathom gone already.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Tell today, I never saw a green fathom. I suppose it had to do
with which company did the silk screening, and the ink's chemical
reaction with the top coat.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

hey now... You dont need 2 fathoms and 2 vikings

Yeah but.....this Fathom is pretty rough and I could sell it with the playfield and build a better one to keep.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Good for the buyers that got a fathom!
It seems you can't win: When you finally find a game to restore, there are no playfields available. Or, you buy the playfield in hopes of finding a game; and you never do.
Goes back to what i've asked many times: Why aren't more overlays available??? You got the art CPR....
At least people would have Something.

#22 7 years ago

Still have this Fathom up for trade. Looking for a nice Xenon, Future Spa, Skateball, or Space Shuttle.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superstorm-sandy-fathom-lucky-or-stupid

#23 7 years ago

Did anyone ever find out how many of these they ran? Golds? I got one for a future restore, but trying to decide between restoring Fathom or another pin. Just curious on how short the run was...but man this has to be one of the best looking playfields out there art wise...and CPR "great job" on how well this turned out.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why? Just build one around the play field. Not easy, but not impossible either. Pretty much everything you need is available or can be crafted. The play field and plastics are the hard part...

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Why? Just build one around the play field. Not easy, but not impossible either. Pretty much everything you need is available or can be crafted. The play field and plastics are the hard part...

The PF wiring harness is what would scare me....if I had to make one myself.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I figured it would be parts like the inline drop targets that would be harder to come by, though not exactly rare I didn't think parts like that were available to buy but instead you'd need one good donor playfield if not the parts off several.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

The PF wiring harness is what would scare me....

I know a guy...

Quoted from roar:I figured it would be parts like the inline drop targets that would be harder to come by

True enough, but they do appear now and then. Keep an eye on places like the arcade boneyard where they tear them down. They did a Black Pyramid not long ago. That had the inline DTs. And probably the correct pop bumpers.

#28 7 years ago

For those that ordered, did you get some sort of confirmation other than PayPal taking your money?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

For those that ordered, did you get some sort of confirmation other than PayPal taking your money?

no confirmation, but I have been told before from CPR, that if the paypal goes through then you are good to go.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no confirmation, but I have been told before from CPR, that if the paypal goes through then you are good to go.

Sweeet! One Fathom playfield and set of plastics on the way!!!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Sweet! Now all I need is a thousand bucks!

Just PLONK it down!

#32 7 years ago

DOW 20,068.51

I think there is going to be a whole lot of PLONKing it down tomorrow after people lock in those gains!

#33 7 years ago

Got the shipping notice today. Now I just have to find a nice machine to upgrade. Either that or another project machine will become a sacrifice. Always did like a challenge.

#34 7 years ago

I GOT A GOLDEN TICKET.. errr Fathom CPR PF, THANK YOU CPR!!! Miracles really do happen,

Quoted from KevinCPR:

CPR ANNOUNCEMENT:
Just throwing it out there to say we just posted CENTAUR and FATHOM playfields in our website Store tonight. Don't know how fast or slow these will go, but I do have several left of each boutique run... an AMAZING number of abandonments happened on the preorders for these... we suspect year-end wallet troubles, which was probably bad timing for these to be shipping in Nov/Dec for many (holidays, family comes first, etc).
In the end, a decent little selection sits right now (even some Golds). It's open season, first come first served, if anybody is interested.
Last of the Waiting List emails went out this evening.
Hit our home page (updated tonite) and simply go from there. I'll be doing a few posts here tonight to make folks aware.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Truly bummed out that I didn't get an email from you folks, I'd requested to be put on notification for overrun and or back stock.

Quoted from KHL:

I GOT A GOLDEN TICKET.. errr Fathom CPR PF, THANK YOU CPR!!! Miracles really do happen, » YouTube video

So you did get an email?

#36 7 years ago

I finally got the tracking email Friday telling me my Centaur Silver is on its way. I ordered the 2nd morning they were up.

#37 7 years ago

Sold my LOTR to finance my Fathom restoration years ago.No regrets,no remorse.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well I'm hoping that's true. My Paypal has been processed to soon receive a Fathom set. Don't have a Fathom machine anywhere close by but I'll be ready when I find one!

#39 7 years ago

Seems there are more and more random "limited" roll outs of Fathom and Centaur lately?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Seems there are more and more random "limited" roll outs of Fathom and Centaur lately?

I dont think that is the case. They did the one full run of each 2-3 years back, then sounds like they had enough inserts and demand to run a final and very limited run of both. I dont think CPR is in the markets BS game. They usually tell it like it is.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think that is the case. They did the one full run of each 2-3 years back, then sounds like they had enough inserts and demand to run a final and very limited run of both. I dont think CPR is in the markets BS game. They usually tell it like it is.

As well as a hole in the equipment schedule due to the inserts for Addams getting delayed. Gotta keep the presses running.

#42 7 years ago

I got my old Fathom playfield back from CPR today... I was able to send it off to Mike for re-screening in this run as he needed another sample for CAD confirmation. It has exceeded my expectations, I can't believe my old playfield can look this good. My sincere appreciation to Mike, Kevin and the whole CPR team for continuing to produce amazing work.

The playfield I sent him was the one I originally swapped out for a playfield swap I did back in 2005. Due to circumstances at the time I actually ended up selling off all my pins and getting out of the hobby but I held on to the old playfield all these years. As I've slowly started to re-enter the hobby again timing turned out to be pretty good and I was able to get the old pf rescreened. I always wonder how my old Fathom is fairing, I sold it back around this time in 2006 to a nice fellow on the West Coast. The email I have for the him is dead and this was pre-pinside days of course but if you happened to buy a Fathom in 2006 of RGP from a fellow in Canada who had never shipped before and still own it I'd love to hear from you!

FATHOM.jpgFATHOM.jpg

1 week later
#43 7 years ago

NO, I just wrote them with fingers crossed and miraculously someone had just backed out of their order.

Quoted from jahbarron:

So you did get an email?

#44 7 years ago

Just got my Centuar Playfield and Plastics today and they are beautiful!!! Now I just need to find a project/players condition game to put them in!

#45 7 years ago

Bummed I missed out. By the time I saw Stu's post they were gone. I had one of the first run Centaur PF's and sold it because I didn't have a centaur. Now I've got a centaur that's pretty friggin nice, but could use a PF swap.

I guess Ill keep an eye out. And for the time being finish my current project.

#46 7 years ago

No matter how many times, it's always like Christmas. (:

DSCF5859 (resized).JPGDSCF5859 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#47 5 years ago

Trying to figure out what CPR total cost was for a GOLD Fathom Pf.

Anyone have confirmation from this run?

I have searched my paypal and cant seem to find it

nevermind

found it. Reference for anyone else in case you need it

Fathom (resized).PNGFathom (resized).PNG
#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nevermind
[quoted image]

Not sure if that is in Canadian or US dollars. I ended up with a nice original and have been toying with selling my gold CPR. I will look up what I paid after work.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nevermind
[quoted image]

Shipping is $55 and the PF was $899.....is the extra $4 paypal fees?

#50 5 years ago

What happened to this new process they were supposed to have where they can crank out playfields on a moment's notice whatever happened with that I don't see anything more being said about it

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-and-fathom-playfields-available-cpr?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.