Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fathom (resized).PNG
DSCF5859 (resized).JPG
FATHOM.jpg
Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
plaf-fath (resized).jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What happened to this new process they were supposed to have where they can crank out playfields on a moment's notice whatever happened with that I don't see anything more being said about it

They started with plastics and backglasses then are moving onto playfeilds. They have released tons of plastics

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What happened to this new process they were supposed to have where they can crank out playfields on a moment's notice whatever happened with that I don't see anything more being said about it

They said in their announcement they were starting with plastics and backglasses and that playfields would follow down the road. "New" Plastics and Glasses from the vault so to speak have steadily become available with Kevin being very active in the thread keeping everyone updated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases

I suspect we will see a similar thread for playfields when the time comes.

Oops, totally missed that mitch had responded, didn't make it to the next page

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

uh wut?

I think you mean plastics

They have a direct print printer now that would speed plastics up. For playfields, they still have to manage their insert orders, lead times, wood, gluing, sanding, sealing.. and then worry about screening vs direct print on playfields. I don't think the print process itself was ever the major hold up on PF productions.

#54 5 years ago

Well I'm glad they're redoing Plastics and I actually bought a set for my Evel Knievel but it seems like the playfields tend to be a little bit more in demand I would think they would focus more on that but that's just me

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

....the playfields tend to be a little bit more in demand I would think they would focus more on that but that's just me

They can probably make like hundreds+ of plastics in the time it takes to make 1 Playfield.

#56 5 years ago

Well I understand they can make more Plastics at a time than a play field but then when they release a Playfield for a game that they're were only 1500 or 3500 made it doesn't make much sense to me when there's games out there that were more produced that have more of a demand heck start making some of them

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Well I understand they can make more Plastics at a time than a play field but then when they release a Playfield for a game that they're were only 1500 or 3500 made it doesn't make much sense to me when there's games out there that were more produced that have more of a demand heck start making some of them

The answer, to all of your questions, is monies.

#58 5 years ago

Well when they sell playfields like fathom were there probably aren't that many of them around how much money are they going to make doing that

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Well when they sell playfields like fathom were there probably aren't that many of them around how much money are they going to make doing that

Time the machine makes to route it, 'coloring' the PF, clearing it, drying it, storing it, packaging it, ship it
vs
Printing 18 sets of plastics that literally cost $5 to make, putting them in a bag, shipping them

#60 5 years ago

Playfields made at a moment’s notice? There is so much to consider. CAD files, CNC, inserts, clear coat. The only thing the printer speeds up is the printing part. That’s it. There is a ton of work in the whole process

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

AMAZING number of abandonments happened on the preorders for these... we suspect year-end wallet troubles, which was probably bad timing for these to be shipping in Nov/Dec for many (holidays, family comes first, etc).

They probably got tired of waiting

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

It seems you can't win: When you finally find a game to restore, there are no playfields available. Or, you buy the playfield in hopes of finding a game; and you never do.

Goes back to what i've asked many times: Why aren't more overlays available??? You got the art CPR....
At least people would have Something.

Again probably got tired of waiting

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

There is so much to consider. CAD files, CNC, inserts, clear coat. The only thing the printer speeds up is the printing part. That’s it. There is a ton of work in the whole process

They have already released a bunch of playfields that I'm sure people would still love to have. So why not reissue some of those as well, they already have all of the above.

#64 5 years ago

Why don't you ask them instead of just fucking going in circles endlessly here?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

They have already released a bunch of playfields that I'm sure people would still love to have. So why not reissue some of those as well, they already have all of the above.

You'd do yourself a huge favor in saving face by simply reading CPR (Kevin's) old posts. He's gone over this numerous times.

You're just coming across like a spoiled child who can't get what they want.... not listening or caring why you can't... just repeating that you want it.

Making PFs requires
Having the art
Having the permission to do the piece
Having the inserts (which require huge leadtimes and huge quantities.. and not all are always available)
Actually producing them (and the multiple stages that takes)
Then selling that inventory

These are projects that take MONTHS to get to production, requires all the money UP FRONT in supplies and production... and then at the end you hope people actually buy it. If they don't, you have already spent the money. Lead time on inserts alone can be months and require minimum orders in the thousands.

It's not something that can be done 'on demand' or even 'when we want to' - Because of the materials constraints, they need to schedule and group projects to make it viable to produce the stuff at a price point that makes sense.

This is why they go through such lengths to ensure the sales demand is there before running a title. You gotta run a sizable batch, you gotta pay for it, you have the time spent making that title instead of another one.. you have finite production capacity.

When it comes to re-running titles... they are the ones that knew how well titles sold vs the addressable market that you some rando thinks is really out there. They also know they are competing against themselves. Every time they make a PF, they are not making another title... so they gotta make sure the one they chose to make represents the best market opportunity. So every PF not sold really is 2x the opportunity lost...

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're just coming across like a spoiled child who can't get what they want.... not listening or caring why you can't... just repeating that you want it.

Why do we have to get into name calling when someone makes a comment on this F***** site?? I just don't understand that.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why don't you ask them instead of just fucking going in circles endlessly here?

What's the point of having a forum if you can't ask questions, if you don't like the comments don't comment on them. Move on.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Why do we have to get into name calling when someone makes a comment on this F***** site?? I just don't understand that.

When you act selfish, irrational, and repeatedly refuse to absorb the information given to you... why would you expect people to line up behind you? You just keep droning on as if your wandering ideas are reality and don't want to see the real one everyone else is living in.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you act selfish, irrational, and repeatedly refuse to absorb the information given to you... why would you expect people to line up behind you? You just keep droning on as if your wandering ideas are reality and don't want to see the real one everyone else is living in.

Blah Blah Blah I'm glad your such an expert on everything.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What's the point of having a forum if you can't ask questions,

The point of having a forum, or any communication tool, is to have an actual conversation using the standard communication model.
You ask questions, get an answer, give some feedback; hey look we're communicating!
You, in multiple threads, cannot grasp this concept and just repeat the same thing again and again disregarding the input others have given you. You're not asking quesiotn to learn anytihng, you're doing it to advance the process so you can talk more aboot the agenda you are trying to push.

Quoted from timab2000:

if you don't like the comments don't comment on them. Move on.

...no...not gonna happen.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You, in multiple threads, cannot grasp this concept and just repeat the same thing again and again disregarding the input others have given you.

I haven't disregard any input. mAnd haven't put anyone donw or name called. You guys just come off as having the final word on a lot of topics. I listen and then when I have something to say you guys get all put out by it. So who not listening???

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I haven't disregard any input. mAnd haven't put anyone donw or name called. You guys just come off as having the final word on a lot of topics. I listen and then when I have something to say you guys get all put out by it. So who not listening???

Because we don’t walk around like blind men. The forum has tools... use them.

The good news is Kevin believes they will be beyond their parts constraints in the future... and will offer direct print for small run Playfields. How soon, who knows.

How do I know these things? Read the posts from the source.... not wandering with my eyes closed.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-and-fathom-playfields-available-cpr/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.