View topic image gallery

1st ball trough- switch 17 (resized).jpg
switch chart (resized).jpg
switch table (resized).jpg
end of trough (resized).jpg
switch matrix (resized).jpg
ball trough 4,5,1st (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Picked up a project Centaur II that I got 95% functional. Games were working but realized that left side roll over button (switch 18) didn't work, reset 1-4 target (switch 22) and inline back target (switch 20). I began going through the switch test, cleared all balls from the machine and noticed a wire unhooked from one of the trough (1st ball trough, switch 17) brown and yellow wire in the attached picture, I connected this wire with an alligator clip to see if it effected the non working switches. This indeed caused the the non working switches to function as well as the lane change feature (didn't know it existed on this game).

The game will now not load the balls correctly, It accepts the first four balls and loads beneath the playfield, but continually kicks the 5th ball into the shooting lane. 5th, 4th and and of trough (33) are now no longer showing up during switch test. Ballypalooza was helping me last night and believes we have a switch matrix issue. I'm thinking I need to start by reattaching that wire to the 1st ball trough. Can someone verify where how that is connected? The same goes for the disconnected wire on the end of trough switch pictured. Can someone verify how it's connected?

Once I make these corrections, how do I begin to diagnose the now non functional trough switches?

I won't be able to be in front of the machine until this afternoon, but appreciate any help you can provide. Let me know if there is more information I need to provide.

Thanks!!

1st ball trough- switch 17 (resized).jpg1st ball trough- switch 17 (resized).jpgball trough 4,5,1st (resized).jpgball trough 4,5,1st (resized).jpgend of trough (resized).jpgend of trough (resized).jpgswitch chart (resized).jpgswitch chart (resized).jpgswitch matrix (resized).jpgswitch matrix (resized).jpgswitch table (resized).jpgswitch table (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Soldered the loose wires back onto both trough switches and everything is working! Thanks again Ballypalooza for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-2-help-possible-switch-matrix-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.