Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SouthernGirlPeter.jpg
    p2.jpg
    p1.jpg
    USA.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I have been a member here for around 2 years, my avatar picture has always been a confederate flag! Last week a mod told me to change my avatar picture because the flag has been banned! I never responded to him/her and refused to change it, today my account is frozen!

The censorship and politcal correctness on this board is getting ridicoulous!! When is Robin going to step in?

Youtube allows the flag, instagram and facebook allow it, reddit still allows it, so does twitter! So why the hell is it a problem on pinside?

This board is becoming an embaressment with the censorship! The official disney board is more laid back than here, and that board is catered for kids.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest! Its F÷÷÷÷÷g crazy!

#2 8 years ago

+1

And I don't get the whole drama with the Confederate flag to begin with. Why is it any more racist than this flag?

USA.jpgUSA.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I agree. I say anymore and I'll have another thread ejection

#4 8 years ago

It's not as bad as the censorship on the Australian forums that's for sure.

#5 8 years ago

You're kidding. PC mania has hit PinSide? Sad.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#6 8 years ago

In before the drai.....

#7 8 years ago

I don't give a rats ass what someone likes or does. As long as they're not hurting anyone, it's none of my business.
    Everybody wants to mind everybody elses business. Take it from Hank Sr.,
    and mind yer own !
    But I did see a guy in a Confederate flag t-shirt get the living shit stomped out of him at a DRI show in the late 80's. Dude thought he was a bad ass and had it coming....lol.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

+1
    And I don't get the whole drama with the Confederate flag to begin with. Why is it any more racist than this flag?
    USA.jpg

The Confederate Flag was first flown at the SC Statehouse in 1961 as a big Fnck You to the federal government when the feds said SC would have to allow black students to attend white schools.

So, clearly it's not some 120 year old Southern tradition.

It's a recent symbol of not wanting to allow black people to attain equal rights.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Generalwtr:

I have been a member here for around 2 years, my Avatar picture has always been a confederate flag! Last week a mod told me to change my Avatar picture because the flag has been banned! I never responded to him/her and refused to change it, today my account is frozen!
    The censorship and politcal correctness on this board is getting ridicoulous!! When is Robin going to step in?
    Youtube allows the flag, instagram and facebook allow it, reddit still allows it, so does twitter! So why the hell is it a problem on pinside?
    This board is becoming an embaressment with the censorship! The official disney board is more laid back than here, and that board is catered for kids.

And enjoy your very long and hard won vacation from Pinside.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

+1
    USA.jpg

Are you being serious?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Confederate Flag was first flown at the SC Statehouse in 1961 as a big Fnck You to the federal government when the feds said SC would have to allow black students to attend white schools.
    So, clearly it's not some 120 year old Southern tradition.
    It's a recent symbol of not wanting to allow black people to attain equal rights.

You're mixing what the flag at the SC capital symbolizes and what the flag itself represents. For many, many folks in the South it simply symbolizes Southern pride. Period.

#13 8 years ago

Good riddance. It's really not that difficult to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner on here, and if you're getting called out for it you likely deserve the hand-slap.

Three cheers for the mods for attempting to keep this place from becoming Lord of the Flies, and Robin who supports them.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

You're mixing what the flag at the SC capital symbolizes and what the flag itself represents. For many, many folks in the South it simply symbolizes Southern pride. Period.

I was raised in the South, and it only means one thing.

There are plenty of Black people who are proud to be Southern, but you don't see them waving Confederate flags.

#15 8 years ago

I find it fairly amusing that the confederate flag would be censored yet all of the Hitler videos would be welcomed. Strange world.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There are plenty of Black people who are proud to be Southern, but you don't see them waving Confederate flags.

Umm, maybe you should google the thousands and thousands of pictures of black people (numerous celebrities) sporting the flag. Apparently they didn't get the memo.

p1.jpgp1.jpg
    p2.jpgp2.jpg

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm with vid. I was raised a southern redneck, and the first thing that comes to mind when I see someone with the flag on their truck is "that guy is a racist asshole".

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I find it fairly amusing that the confederate flag would be censored yet all of the Hitler videos would be welcomed. Strange world.

Simple, somebody took the trouble to tie the Hitler videos to pinball. If you make a Dukes of Hazzard pinball machine and post some pictures of it, I doubt the mods would take any action.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Good riddance. It's really not that difficult to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner on here, and if you're getting called out for it you likely deserve the hand-slap.
    Three cheers for the mods for attempting to keep this place from becoming Lord of the Flies, and Robin who supports them.

Excuse me? What seems to be your problem? The fact i am complaining about it? Sorry i never knew this was north korea!

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

Umm, maybe you should google the thousands and thousands of pictures of black people (numerous celebrities) sporting the flag.

Those are celebrities trying to wear the symbol of black hate in defiance.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Those are celebrities trying to wear the symbol of black hate in defiance.

Let's just keep perpetuating it.

Kanye West is the definition of a total A hole!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

IBTL!
    images-2.jpegimages.jpegimages-1.jpeg

The south is rising!

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You sure about that?

https://www.facebook.com/mark.fraylick/videos/867450146665503/?pnref=story

#24 8 years ago

Robin comes from Holland! I doubt he gives two hoots about this flag! This rule was odviouslly enforced by the mod who froze my account!

I dont want to name the mod, however i am sure you can guess who it was! " everything has to be ultra uber family friendly and pc "

#25 8 years ago

Welp, this thread has turned Ludacris

#26 8 years ago

SouthernGirlPeter.jpgSouthernGirlPeter.jpg

#27 8 years ago

Freedom of speech doesn't exist in a Dutch forum...

The world is, and always has been, filled with self-righteous cry babies.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You sure about that?

I don't have Facebook, but I'm sure it was interesting.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Generalwtr:

Excuse me? What seems to be your problem? The fact i am complaining about it? Sorry i never knew this was north korea!

Freedom of speech isn't the same as freedom from criticism.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Welp, this thread has turned Ludacris

p2.jpg

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Freedom of speech doesn't exist in a Dutch forum...
    The world is, and always has been, filled with self-righteous cry babies.

Who is being a cry baby in this scenario?

#33 8 years ago

I bet it was the same moderator who sent me a PM asking me to change the wording of one of my posts because I used the word "zealots" in it.

#34 8 years ago

Both parties involved.

Pinside for finding an image offensive, and the OP taking offense to his censorship.

#35 8 years ago

Alright, people. Let's keep it on topic here. If you've got nothing new to say about any Hobbit updates then take it to another thread. Just a warning this time.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Hmmm, maybe I should have said that my south was rising.

At my age, my flag's already at half staff.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Both parties involved.
    Pinside for finding an image offensive, and the OP taking offense to his censorship.

Offensive image? Are you being serious? I guess youtube, instagram, twitter, reddit and pretty much everywhere else are being racist then by allowing it.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Generalwtr:

I have been a member here for around 2 years, my Avatar picture has always been a confederate flag! Last week a mod told me to change my Avatar picture because the flag has been banned! I never responded to him/her and refused to change it, today my account is frozen!

I think you are a dumb a*@ for picking that avatar.That being said as long as you do not spew hate on line I support your right to you avatar. Give back his avatar

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And enjoy your very long and hard won vacation from Pinside.

dave being dave

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't have Facebook, but I'm sure it was interesting.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Generalwtr:

Offensive image? Are you being serious? I guess youtube, instagram, twitter, reddit and pretty much everywhere else are being racist then by allowing it.

Hey man, I don't find it offensive. Grab a tissue and chill out.

#43 8 years ago

I have to say the moderation here has been pretty bad for at least a month or more now. I hope it changes. Seems like everyone has to walk on eggshells around here. Getting banned for having a confederate flag (a sign of southern pride for many people, including the thread starter) is absurd.

#44 8 years ago

Banning the confederate flag on Pinside while allowing all the crappy hitler videos is a joke.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Banning the confederate flag on Pinside while allowing all the crappy hitler videos is a joke.

Those will be the next things too go if this mod has any say in the matter! Anyways.... Ive reached out to Robin to get my account back!

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Generalwtr:

+ 1,000,000 on this ^^^^^!! I vowed never to post or have anything to do with Pinside again but this thread has struck a cord with me so I will make one final post in it. This place has gotten completely out of hand! I have a feeling it is only one, possibly two moderators feeling the power, but pinside sucks now because of them. I fully expect another thread eject for this but that's ok I don't plan on posting anymore anyway. Anyone who is sick of this "family friendly" pinside (because lord knows my son hops right on pinside when he comes home from school ) should come over and join this forum.

http://www.publicgames.com

It is in its infancy, but everyone who is sick of pinside can be found at this new forum. Come and join the club. And tell a friend

#47 8 years ago

And that's the point really. The moderation is not consistent on here. Plenty of things go unchecked while the hammer is brought down on other things. Very subjective and very heavy handed.

Oops, well, I done did it again. See yall in another thread.....

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

And that's the point really. The moderation is not consistent on here. Plenty of things go unchecked while the hammer is brought down on other things. Very subjective and very heavy handed.
    Oops, well, I done did it again. See yall in another thread.....

No, the mods pick and choose who to moderate. They have their favourites so you might be safe? I fully expect to go and I can't beleive RobT is still here

#49 8 years ago

You're all missing the basis of this country

One should be able to raise that flag. Just like the Panthers can raise any flag they like.

I agree with neither. But I don't agree with censoring. We all need to recognize everyone is allowed to have an opinion, regardless of ones beliefs. The key is being respectful, which rarely happens.

#50 8 years ago

Robin is cool as shit. It's the other minions that have let the power get to their head. I've been ejected for being on topic and just making a simple joke. I wrote this and got banned from the Hobbit thread.

The Irony.

Stern ships pins with no code.

JJP releases code with no pin...

That was IT! And permanent thread eject.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/censorship-gone-mad-on-this-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.