giphy (6).gif
FF56DD8B-5F86-47CA-8ED5-A187F19A1B70 (resized).jpeg
22C9ED55-9C1E-4342-A362-4A2DA77C9D37 (resized).jpeg
75106DAA-9FC0-4198-86EC-1A60DC457295 (resized).jpeg
084186B0-2BC6-40FD-AEF5-F919CD5303CD (resized).jpeg
CDC3A17E-ABEB-470E-B0CF-02B4EFD782EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_9049 (resized).jpeg
celts_zapcon (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago

Played this game yesterday. They should be very proud of what they acheived.
Game has an outstanding feel of quality, everything from the sculpts to the siderails are exceptionally beautiful.
The gameplay is fantastic, only had a couple of games and didn't bother figuring out too many rules, but it plays beautifully and there is always a goal to choose.

Makes me very keen indeed for my Mermaid to come if the quality is anywhere near this level. Feels better than my Houdini which is probably my best 'quality feel' game.

Well fucking done Damian and team, you have smashed your first game like no other company i know.

celts2 (resized).jpgcelts2 (resized).jpg

#47 2 years ago

Going to see if i can still order 1.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

you can I believe.

What type of scores are you posting mate? What's an average game and what's a good one?

Waiting for a response from Haggis about time frames for a Celts.

#51 2 years ago

Worst luck happened.
Apparently i COULD still order 1.

Oh well.

So what scores should i be aiming for Andy?

#53 2 years ago

Goodo, just didn't know is all. I'm pretty excited to get what i consider to be the very best value in pinball today.

The quality is immediately obvious when you address the machine. i didn't expect to like it and thought 'oh well, it's not toooo bad' first couple of games.

4 or 5 games in and i knew i wanted one. The only machine i have that compares in quality is my Houdini.

#64 2 years ago

You are going to love the quality. Gameplay happens to be fantastic and well integrated too!

#66 2 years ago

Is that the black onyx colour? It's what i chose but couldn't find a sample of the colour and Damian didn't have one.

If so could you take a couple pics of the rail or lockdown bar for me please?

#69 2 years ago

Thanks, i've seen the grurple it's really nice.

4 weeks later
#88 2 years ago

Just saw a post by Damian that Haggis Celts won Best Modern' at Pincinatti Show on FB but it looks like it's been deleted?

Anyone else see it?

#90 2 years ago

I'm absolutely not surprised.

Couple games on one was all i needed to order.

Well deserved.

#93 2 years ago

Just need a code update with an adult only " angry Scot code"

Look what i got coming Andy, nother aussie icon...

ssr3 (resized).jpgssr3 (resized).jpg

#96 2 years ago

Yes mate, hoping to get it before xmas if Bill manages. Really excited. I was looking last night and it looks to me that i'll have three very similar layout machines that i truley love the layout of.

The sunset riders (which is Bally Eight Ball)

ssr1 (resized).jpgssr1 (resized).jpg

My Hankin Orbit 1

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

And to a lesser extent my sorcerer

image-2 (1) (resized).jpgimage-2 (1) (resized).jpg

Just love the simple ruled, single level games. So much fun to shoot and i can get my brain around the objectives.

That's why (full circle) I'm going to love the Celts and the Fathom too.

#98 2 years ago

I sold my Centaur as it was too similar to Fathom and i liked Fathom better.

You may never see another Sunset Riders.

What colour is your mates?

#100 2 years ago

Silver if I remember correct

I'd love to see a photo or two. I've never seen a silver one. It's not the Storm footy team one is it? Silver and Purple?

Wasn't sure on the black one as far as colour went, but it's growing on me real fast.

It'd be such a treat for me if Damián and Bill got together and i got them both for xmas, but i can wait till the new year for my Celts if i really must.

#102 2 years ago

Yeah, their abandoned facebook page suggested they had an order for Storm colours, but didn't show a pic of the complete unit.

It's gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, sell Nellie. (and i do love me some juicy melons, plus it's a great machine to play)

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Yeah I can dig that. Like I love some of these new games like GnR & LZ etc but sometimes It's nice to play something a little more basic with less thinking involved.
I would love to see this game when you get it Garry. Maybe we could head up to one of your comp Sundays again in the new year?

You guys are welcome mate. keep an eye on the Woopi Freeballers FB page. if it's not on cause i'm away somewhere it's posted there, or just text me.

1 week later
#109 2 years ago

Just snapped off in your hands? Wow, doesn't look that fragile. Thanks for the warning.

#116 2 years ago

My guy Bill turned up yesterday with my Sunset Riders out of Melbourne. he said he'd dropped into Haggis to see if my Celts was ready, but not quite. bummed a bit, but hey, can't be upset when i have this for xmas.

sr1 (resized).jpgsr1 (resized).jpg

#118 2 years ago

Merry xmas.

bastard.

1 week later
#125 2 years ago

Man i wish Bill would get back to work in his Big Arse Van!

My Celts is waiting for him to pick up i believe. So excited to get it.

AreWeThereYetPunkin

#127 2 years ago

Fuck. Homepin makes a better quality machine than JJP nowadays.

You will be astounded by the quality feel this machine exudes, despite the bar corners. it feels better to the hands than my American pinball or Spooky machines, let alone JJP or Stern.

1 week later
#134 2 years ago

download (8) (resized).jpgdownload (8) (resized).jpg

I'm guessing i won't see mine for a week or ten days.

#146 2 years ago

Trent was heading through here yesterday on his way to Melbourne. He has to pick my Celts up (assuming it's ready) and a restored Williams Indiana Jones for me. So hopefully the end of next week.

#150 2 years ago

Just realised today that my Celts is missing something that all other pins have!
Dimples

No dimples on my Diamond Plate Williams machines.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Maybe that is one of the reasons we are paying nearly the price of a new machine (or more) for them.

More.

I have an Indy coming.
Monkey short of twenty large.

#154 2 years ago

It depended why i was only down to one, if it was raising capital i'd be over the moon to keep my Hankin Orbit 1. Everything a pinball needs.

Be hard to let sunset riders go too i reckon.

Should get Indiana Jones today according to Trent. Hopefully he has my Medieval Madness on too.

#156 2 years ago

Screenshot 2022-01-28 160439 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-01-28 160439 (resized).jpg

#158 2 years ago

Not since the post above 3 days ago mate.

Assume he's working rather than posting on social media. try another email, it may have been missed.

#163 2 years ago

Ace! The green looks great.

Bill's picking mine up this week (third try's the charm) so I'm looking forward to it too.

The lockdown bar is certainly a worry. I hope they develop a reinforced version to supply later.

#165 2 years ago

They have sorted the lockdown bar, just ask IF you have an issue

Ace, thanks Andy. do you know what has been done to strengthen it?

I'm sure it's better in this case that one person tells us than having many people ask the same question to Haggis if you know the answer. After all, that's what forums are for right?

#166 2 years ago

In the house.

ff3 (resized).jpgff3 (resized).jpg

#169 2 years ago

Is there a rule sheet for Celts anywhere? I'm fucked if i can figure out what to shoot for and google has been no help.

#175 2 years ago

I have real trouble telling what's what. I had a callout yesterday to go for clan champion or something, but despite trapping up, there was not an insert, a callout or a screen hint as to what the fuck i should be shooting for. I searched the inserts after the game and there is nothing like that written on any of them. Most of them have items really unrelated to anything i've seen in the game written on them. None of them tell you what to shoot for in the higher stages of the game.

I have no idea why they didn't label the inserts like any other pinball machine in the world. Or why the callouts don't even bother telling you what to shoot for.
It's like some home brew where the guy who built it knows exactly what to go for cause it's some connection in his head.

I've talked to Damian about it, but he doesn't seem that interested in it. New players find this game really unapproachable because they just don't know what to shoot for.

I think it's the games Achilles heel. Redesign the inserts, but at least update the code to callout the shots you need for fucks sake. It's making me not want to play it and that's a damn shame because it's beautiful, atm it's not fun though.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’ve not had any trouble. At the start of each mode there are instructions on the screen. For battle modes green means good and red bad. Beat a clan and storm gates at top scoop. For games blue shots (except tug of war) are good. Multiball jackpots are purple. Usually says which scoop starts multiball. My family figured it out pretty quick. Easy to catch and trap from the lower scoop. I think they went through the rules in the stream.

It's already spat the ball into play by the time the callout comes up on the screen. A below average player like me does not get to look up at the screen with the ball in play. I have figured out the green versus red in the battles, but it's by no means intuitive.

The other, more advanced stuff has no insert, no callouts calling the shots only colours that you have to try and guess or memorize. The game is sitting alongside Indiana Jones, Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars. All those games and every other game i own has callouts that tell you what to shoot for and labelled inserts.

This is the only game i have that i can't figure out and it could be addressed so easily with a code update.

My players in comp have told me the same thing and it's the only game i have that people walk away from halfway through a game. It's not just me.

#179 2 years ago

Andy i am not colour blind mate. There's nothing on the playfield to help me and there is fuck all callouts. the inserts on every single other pinball machine i own tell you what shot to go for to complete an objective.

I don't want to discover it on my own, i have a really good ball and hear a callout saying start some objective that i have never heard of and there is nothing on the playfield, not any callout instructing me how to go about collecting the reward i've earned.

That is not a charming quirk.

Had a cool chat with Damián on the phone earlier, he is going to have a look at it and speak with the coder.

#181 2 years ago

Yeah, he undestood that and said he would talk with Greg and see where they were with a view to my feedback

I can't ask for more than that, and he said, if no-one tells him these things he don't know.

I own a Houdini. Almost all of my games have callouts calling shots, Houdini is probably the only one that lists them one after the other.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

My flippers will sometimes stick up for a couple seconds. Anyone else see this behavior? Mostly in the upper flipper.

\
When it happens, is it both flippers on that side or just the top one?

In any case, put in a service ticket on their website and expect an exceptional response.

#190 2 years ago

Got a funny feeling that the issue half stems from the fact the the overcenter latches they use clip on half way down the run instead of like a Stern at the top of the slide.

I know i've found myself tapping it down when it's already seated. Then i think it's still not seated because the latch won't reach it.

I'm aware of it now, but i could see it causing long term stress problems.

1 week later
#192 2 years ago

Does it seem different? i can't tell.

#194 2 years ago

I don't know.

#196 2 years ago

I reckon if someone ordered satin black they may have the only one in the world?

Only one person to ask.

2 weeks later
#202 2 years ago

I only have the one shot.

celtsbox (resized).jpgceltsbox (resized).jpg

1 month later
#223 1 year ago

Aussies generally don't have big heads , ha ha ha.
I might put mine in the next West Coast Pinball Festival ( if it happens )

They don't call me punkinhead for nuthin'.

Great idea taking it to the show. I'm having a real hard time trying to decide what to take to Pinfest this year.

Blacked out Judge Dredd
Restored Lost World
Restored Taxi
Tron
Mermaid if Haggis don't go
Sunset Riders

I only want to take 2 or i have to stand them up in the van. Bill offered to sponsor me if i wanted to take a bunch with him. That'd be cool, just turn up like a rock star, all machines setup ready

4 months later
#226 1 year ago

For anyone wondering and for posterity, Damian told me this on Celts colours;

Yeah, 90% Grurple, a few Purple Heathers, two Black Onyx and one Celtic Green.

I have a black onyx and know the other is in the States, but who is the smart bastard who bet on Celtic Green?

Good on ya if you are reading

#229 1 year ago

Colour?

If you ordered, you know.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead86:

O I ordered Celtic green but I have since sold my celts.

Cool, you can tell the buyer he has a one off.

2 weeks later
#234 1 year ago

Marty told me on the weekend to knock off knockin it.

giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif

3 months later
#236 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a Celts to sit next to their Fathom i will be listing one shortly. PM if interested.

Low plays, and one of two in the world with Black Onyx trim. I would guess there are way less than 100 Celts produced so far. Mine was one of the last ones built at #55

I have spoken to Damian and he is willing to check over the machine and rebox and handle the shipping to US or Canada. The machine is custom made to Clan Smith, but can be reverted to a standard backglass (keep the Smith one too) for $750au or to a custom backglass with custom callouts for $1500au. Shipping cost is between you and haggis, but the delivery to Haggis will be included in the purchase price.

1 month later
#252 1 year ago

There's only two people know what to shoot for in this game.

#254 1 year ago

I’m still awaiting a brief rule explanation from me ol m8 Damo.
I actually don’t think anyone knows yet.
Got the basics but nothing else

That's funny. I'll PM you a story.

#255 1 year ago

That reminds me i have to send Haggis some pics. Bloody shit memory.

1 week later
#260 1 year ago

Send me a PM if interested in mine.

1 month later
#262 1 year ago

Someone posted in the Mermaid thread that there will be a small run of them after the fathoms are made.

As far as actual numbers go, my game is in the 60's or 70's and i think it was one of the last few done before they moved and switched to fathoms.

Edit #55

5 months later
#266 7 months ago

I have a present for any other idiots out there besides me.

My main gripe with Celts has always been the inserts don't tell you what they are, just squiggly lines, and there are not enough callouts toi tell a poor stupid guy what to shoot for.

Marty tells me hit the blinky lights kid, but they are all fucking blinking.

Well i got a personal glass off lesson on the weekend, but he had also made me a present and said i could share it when i asked, so here we go.

Apologies to those who are better/more observant/smarter than i, and have already figured all this out, but i'm sure there are some here who didn't have it all too.

celts4 (resized).jpgcelts4 (resized).jpg

Hope it's readable, i only have potato cam and lost the instructions long ago.

#268 7 months ago

Yes, but not germane to my point.

#270 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

A 5W globe could possibly draw more current than one rated at 0.25ma.

Right then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celts-club-haggis-game-1?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.