FF56DD8B-5F86-47CA-8ED5-A187F19A1B70 (resized).jpeg
22C9ED55-9C1E-4342-A362-4A2DA77C9D37 (resized).jpeg
75106DAA-9FC0-4198-86EC-1A60DC457295 (resized).jpeg
084186B0-2BC6-40FD-AEF5-F919CD5303CD (resized).jpeg
CDC3A17E-ABEB-470E-B0CF-02B4EFD782EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_9049 (resized).jpeg
celts_zapcon (resized).jpg
147FFB09-E8B1-4520-BCB5-DD5FCA07B7C5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Now that games are on the line and at least one game has shipped, it is time to have a club thread. Welcome to the Celts club Haggis game #1.

1 month later
#13 2 years ago

Video tour of factory and update posted to Facebook and YouTube today. Hopefully things will be moving forward soon. Dr. john’s gameplay video is still up in Twitch I think. He had some issues with the upper scoop coil strength. Hopefully they have added settings for that in the system. Game looks beautiful, though. I just hope code support continues despite the larger Fathom orders.

#14 2 years ago

Look what just showed up I’m my email!

“I’m very pleased to confirm your Celts pinball machine is currently in production and will be ready for shipping very soon.”

Woohoo!

4 weeks later
#20 2 years ago

Got the email that my game is expected to ship end of this month. Estimated 55 days by sea.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Yikes “Fast delivery to anywhere in the world” is on the front page of their website. Waiting on a fathom and closely monitoring the Celts rollout

Faster by air (like 5 days?) but twice the cost.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I think the shipping arrangements they had for Celts are unique to that game. I believe fathom is set up differently

Fathoms are going to be shipped by full container to US distributor then will have domestic shipping from there. That was an option for Celts, but added up to be the same amount but longer wait because need to wait for full container. Options were be sea freight to US + domestic vs sea to door vs air to door. I’ve waited this long, so will save $1,000+ that air to door would add and accept the 55 days.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

How many Celts are being made?

I think they are making 50. I’m #19. Slowed by COVID lockdowns in AUS.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

ship by air is cheaper, as by sea has huge inland charges

The quote Haggis gave me for air to door was 2x the sea to door quote.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Something has arrived, unboxing this coming Monday with the Western Australian brains trust
[quoted image]

Congratulations! Mine is supposed to ship next week!

4 weeks later
#39 2 years ago

My gruple legs are drying and then my game will be boxed!

2 weeks later
#43 2 years ago

Shipping today! Has a long but hopefully quick journey on its way from down under to Kentucky, USA.

1 week later
#45 2 years ago

Had some customs delays but now estimated for delivery tomorrow. Can’t wait to welcome Celts to the USA.

#50 2 years ago

FEDEX sucks. Two delays and now it is sitting for the whole weekend 3 hours away. Been there since noon and customer service and tracker all said delivery today. When it was getting late I called and they said “maybe Monday. No deliveries on Saturday.” That’s what I get for paying more for air freight. Should’ve taken the boat.

Added over 2 years ago:

Sorry for the rant.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Just received an email from Damian, my Celts will be ready to ship in 3-weeks. Hopefully it will arrive before the Holidays via FEDEX Air, he also mentioned he is working on the Fathom list !! Super excited to own something other than a Stern.

Awesome. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

#57 2 years ago

Update, just set mine at 5 degrees and I may just have found my sweet spot .
love to know what others have set the inclination too?
6 or higher was waaaaay too much and played ordinary.

What is the official recommendation from Haggis on slope?

#59 2 years ago

Well FEDEX has given me my third delay. So no Celts today. There really is not much express in Federal Express.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Interesting, is it a local delay ? Ive had several games arrive by Fedex and usually pretty quick..
Celts will be the next, possibly shipping this week even..

China, Alaska, and now Indiana. Those damn Hoosiers are probably unboxing it and playing my game. Those bastards.

#62 2 years ago

YES!!! Can’t wait to get home.

5850D61E-3001-4F75-92CD-96663B872249 (resized).jpeg5850D61E-3001-4F75-92CD-96663B872249 (resized).jpeg
#65 2 years ago

So amazing to have my name and crest in the game. First one in the USA.

85370CD8-688E-4921-BC6C-0E5A8F7EC6E3 (resized).jpeg85370CD8-688E-4921-BC6C-0E5A8F7EC6E3 (resized).jpeg9B1E0E61-0D99-4432-934D-BA4A2FF5739C (resized).jpeg9B1E0E61-0D99-4432-934D-BA4A2FF5739C (resized).jpegB5BBEEC4-DDA9-442D-BD58-D8AEF3992F07 (resized).jpegB5BBEEC4-DDA9-442D-BD58-D8AEF3992F07 (resized).jpeg

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is that the black onyx colour? It's what i chose but couldn't find a sample of the colour and Damian didn't have one.
If so could you take a couple pics of the rail or lockdown bar for me please?

No it is grurple. So much brighter and better than any picture. It is crazy how it is bright green from one angle and deep purple from another.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#70 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

So how is it?!……

Amazing! This game got us all when I bumped the flipper and it shouted our family name to hurry up and play. Music is fantastic. So far I am getting used to the shots, but this thing flows. Plays like a classic late 70’s/ early 80’s game with modern flair and code. Exactly what I wanted. And it is beautiful. So many little surprises.

#71 2 years ago

As far as slope, with legs all the way down it is 6.7 between the slings and that is perfect for me. At 5.5 ( had to raise the legs) plunge wasn’t working well and was a bit too slow. Addictive game. I really can’t tell a difference with the acrylic play field layer. Plays smooth and no dimples!

#73 2 years ago

This game has a lot more depth than I initially realized. It has 4 clan battles. Beat them all and have all clan battle multiball that feels like Jericho from Iron Man. 7 Highland games , one that is a 2 ball multiball. Win all games and you go up a level (club, state, world). 3 other multiballs all with separate rules. If you bought name in the game there is a bonus mode available. Finally there is Lady of the Lake wizard mode… no idea what that is. Has lots of multipliers as well. Plus callouts are fantastic and hilarious. Although I will need subtitles to understand them all. Really a unique and deep game. Shows that you can do a lot with a “simple” layout. Still learning all the rules and figuring out stuff.

#75 2 years ago

What do your want to see?

#77 2 years ago

When you put 3 slings, 2 pops, and a flipper in a tight space, stuff is going to happen.

2BF50FA3-D48E-4491-9760-24925A337823 (resized).jpeg2BF50FA3-D48E-4491-9760-24925A337823 (resized).jpeg
#79 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Received an email today saying my Celts is going into production next week, will take 3-weeks to hand build, then the shipping nightmare will begin, nervous about shipping in December, i assume FedEx would be the best option?

I did FEDEX express(air) because was only option at the time(DHL had just bailed on them). It took 12 days even though had 5 day guarantee. Had three delays along the way. I think that is just the state of things now. By boat will take longer. I felt it cost a bit too much to ship by air, but felt it was the safest choice at the time. With Fathom will be cheaper because I think it is built into the price and will be bulk units by boat. Folks will then pay domestic shipping from US distributor.

2 weeks later
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

made it to the usa
[quoted image]

Congratulations, have fun!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

what's the recommendation on playfield care on the hybrid playfield?

Haggis suggests just rubbing alcohol.

1 week later
#107 2 years ago

WARNING! Be careful when lifting, picking up, or setting down your lockdown bar. It is not metal on the edges. I forgot and it snapped off in my hands.

11137096-7274-4B74-BF11-A32B0397CC05 (resized).jpeg11137096-7274-4B74-BF11-A32B0397CC05 (resized).jpeg

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just snapped off in your hands? Wow, doesn't look that fragile. Thanks for the warning.

The edges on mine are paper thin, like card stock paper. I glued it back together and it is setting at the moment. Love the game, just want to caution owners.

#112 2 years ago

Wonder what grade stainless they used?
While I'm here, can you post your high scores? Crile1 as you have had the longest. I want to see how much I suck

The center is metal, but edges and outer part are plastic or some other type of material. And you’ve had yours longer! I’m just first in USA.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

The lock down bar is concerning, these games cost to much for shit materials.

The game and materials are solid. Just the one area on mine. Currently holding with epoxy and I’ll be more careful from now on. Damian is shipping me a new one at no cost, even though I offered to pay. Can’t say enough good things about Haggis Pinball. They have been through the ringer with the Covid lockdowns. But they persevered and are getting games out. Celts was far more than I expected in quality, aesthetics, and gameplay. Customer service is top notch. And I am happy to support them.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It's arrived. Helicon Brewing is now a member of the haggis family!
[quoted image]

congratulations

3 weeks later
#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Paid final invoice over a week ago, a couple days ago got the DHL tracking info, and have probably doubled the page hit counter for the tracking site! If all goes to plan, next Wednesday will be a good day! Note to anyone else using this method, even though I submitted the customs form a while ago, DHL sent me a notification to fill out a customs form that they host. Essentially the exact info that Haggis had me submit. Just watch for that to avoid any delays I guess..

Good luck and be patient. It’s going to be worth it when it arrives. I had to tighten lots of nuts under the playfield after it’s long and shakey journey. Otherwise no issues.

2 weeks later
#160 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Starting to get concerned about Haggis, wont reply to email, game was supposed to be ready to ship today, He hasn’t posted on Instagram since Dec-6th , anyone here from them ?

They usually respond within 24 hrs via Facebook messenger.

1 week later
#173 2 years ago

Finally got club champion! Awesome multiball and music. A new high score for me as well.

02A65E12-D7BB-4463-A5F4-CB6F7D67A81E (resized).jpeg02A65E12-D7BB-4463-A5F4-CB6F7D67A81E (resized).jpeg
#176 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have real trouble telling what's what. I had a callout yesterday to go for clan champion or something, but despite trapping up, there was not an insert, a callout or a screen hint as to what the fuck i should be shooting for. I searched the inserts after the game and there is nothing like that written on any of them. Most of them have items really unrelated to anything i've seen in the game written on them. None of them tell you what to shoot for in the higher stages of the game.
I have no idea why they didn't label the inserts like any other pinball machine in the world. Or why the callouts don't even bother telling you what to shoot for.
It's like some home brew where the guy who built it knows exactly what to go for cause it's some connection in his head.
I've talked to Damian about it, but he doesn't seem that interested in it. New players find this game really unapproachable because they just don't know what to shoot for.
I think it's the games Achilles heel. Redesign the inserts, but at least update the code to callout the shots you need for fucks sake. It's making me not want to play it and that's a damn shame because it's beautiful, atm it's not fun though.

I’ve not had any trouble. At the start of each mode there are instructions on the screen. For battle modes green means good and red bad. Beat a clan and storm gates at top scoop. For games blue shots (except tug of war) are good. Multiball jackpots are purple. Usually says which scoop starts multiball. My family figured it out pretty quick. Easy to catch and trap from the lower scoop. I think they went through the rules in the stream.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Andy i am not colour blind mate. There's nothing on the playfield to help me and there is fuck all callouts. the inserts on every single other pinball machine i own tell you what shot to go for to complete an objective.
I don't want to discover it on my own, i have a really good ball and hear a callout saying start some objective that i have never heard of and there is nothing on the playfield, not any callout instructing me how to go about collecting the reward i've earned.
That is not a charming quirk.
Had a cool chat with Damián on the phone earlier, he is going to have a look at it and speak with the coder.

I just don’t want this turning into Houdini: “first shoot X then shoot X then shoot X”. Worst callouts ever were the rules for those modes.

1 month later
#204 2 years ago

New club champion and got pretty deep into Battle All Clans.

E5ED98A0-7A91-4914-8350-4A222EBDFD8D (resized).jpegE5ED98A0-7A91-4914-8350-4A222EBDFD8D (resized).jpeg
#207 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

[quoted image]

Congratulations. I added lighted purple flipper buttons. Look good with grurple and probably great with yours.

7 months later
#235 1 year ago

Just wanted to say thank you to the team for recognizing my attempts to steer us all away from climate change. According to my Celts game, I saved a lot of electricity last night.

1 month later
#243 1 year ago

Feeling pretty good about my super limited single level game. Actually mine is super super limited because it is personalized to my family name with custom callouts. And GRURPLE!

4 weeks later
#256 1 year ago

We don't know! ha ha
something to do with drop targets and shooting behind them triggering the switch then lock that is hidden there.
Then a beautiful light show starts
Ive fluke it several times but not real sure
GRAB YOUR SPORRAIN

Pretty sure that is it. Nearly impossible to accomplish except by ball accidentally falling in via the shooter lane. For me it is when I get a poor auto launch when during multiball (like stone put).

Still love the game, though. Beautiful and best music of any game I own.

7 months later
#271 7 months ago

Collecting Rune clues is my only mystery. I seem to get them randomly. I don’t think I get one after every clan battle or highland game completion.

6 months later
#275 36 hours ago

I would look at thingiverse. They have lots of free 3d print files if have access to a printer. In the past I never had trouble getting a hold of Damien. But haven’t really needed to in a couple of years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celts-club-haggis-game-1?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.