giphy (6).gif
FF56DD8B-5F86-47CA-8ED5-A187F19A1B70 (resized).jpeg
22C9ED55-9C1E-4342-A362-4A2DA77C9D37 (resized).jpeg
75106DAA-9FC0-4198-86EC-1A60DC457295 (resized).jpeg
084186B0-2BC6-40FD-AEF5-F919CD5303CD (resized).jpeg
CDC3A17E-ABEB-470E-B0CF-02B4EFD782EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_9049 (resized).jpeg
celts_zapcon (resized).jpg
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No dimples on my Diamond Plate Williams machines.

Maybe that is one of the reasons we are paying nearly the price of a new machine (or more) for them.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Maybe that is one of the reasons we are paying nearly the price of a new machine (or more) for them.

More.

I have an Indy coming.
Monkey short of twenty large.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

More.
I have an Indy coming.
Monkey short of twenty large.

I have had mine for about 15 years now. If someone said to me you can only keep one machine... I'm reckon Indy would be it.

#154 2 years ago

It depended why i was only down to one, if it was raising capital i'd be over the moon to keep my Hankin Orbit 1. Everything a pinball needs.

Be hard to let sunset riders go too i reckon.

Should get Indiana Jones today according to Trent. Hopefully he has my Medieval Madness on too.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It depended why i was only down to one, if it was raising capital i'd be over the moon to keep my Hankin Orbit 1. Everything a pinball needs.
Be hard to let sunset riders go too i reckon.
Should get Indiana Jones today according to Trent. Hopefully he has my Medieval Madness on too.

IF? sunset riders does come up, please remember me, please. Might have the $$ by then.

#156 2 years ago

Screenshot 2022-01-28 160439 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-01-28 160439 (resized).jpg

#157 2 years ago

Starting to get concerned about Haggis, wont reply to email, game was supposed to be ready to ship today, He hasn’t posted on Instagram since Dec-6th , anyone here from them ?

#158 2 years ago

Not since the post above 3 days ago mate.

Assume he's working rather than posting on social media. try another email, it may have been missed.

#159 2 years ago

Celts seems fun. Playfield almost looks like it had a playfield protector on it. I like the color shifting powdercoat. But I’ve never seen a lockbar broken like this.

4A80443E-9324-4607-BB6F-DCF6146FBD01 (resized).jpeg4A80443E-9324-4607-BB6F-DCF6146FBD01 (resized).jpeg6CA80D24-5427-41DF-84E9-8B583BD58637 (resized).jpeg6CA80D24-5427-41DF-84E9-8B583BD58637 (resized).jpeg9EE84468-1870-4ABC-98ED-88DFADC1F3E9 (resized).jpeg9EE84468-1870-4ABC-98ED-88DFADC1F3E9 (resized).jpeg
#160 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Starting to get concerned about Haggis, wont reply to email, game was supposed to be ready to ship today, He hasn’t posted on Instagram since Dec-6th , anyone here from them ?

They usually respond within 24 hrs via Facebook messenger.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I had some email back and forth a day ago regarding Fathom. Hopefully you will just receive tracking from a freight company, when mine shipped recently was radio silence for a bit then saw a message that it was on its way from dhl express..

#162 2 years ago

So my Celts finally arrived today!! I am beyond impressed with the packing quality of this machine, Haggis has done a magnificent job in packaging these for transport! Not to mention the build quality is superb! However I’m not overly impressed by the lockdown bar not enough to worry about.
Absolutely love the game and definitely worth the wait.

13A98AFC-65A7-4B6A-83FF-12D1300E9734 (resized).jpeg13A98AFC-65A7-4B6A-83FF-12D1300E9734 (resized).jpeg269B5661-D9AE-4E72-B8F7-7257C7FA0F6A (resized).jpeg269B5661-D9AE-4E72-B8F7-7257C7FA0F6A (resized).jpeg9A5BFE5F-0B21-4C2E-9740-CAF8FD77D89D (resized).jpeg9A5BFE5F-0B21-4C2E-9740-CAF8FD77D89D (resized).jpegA4CFC553-70D3-461B-B30A-26E7404101F0 (resized).jpegA4CFC553-70D3-461B-B30A-26E7404101F0 (resized).jpeg
#163 2 years ago

Ace! The green looks great.

Bill's picking mine up this week (third try's the charm) so I'm looking forward to it too.

The lockdown bar is certainly a worry. I hope they develop a reinforced version to supply later.

#164 2 years ago

They have sorted the lockdown bar, just ask IF you have an issue

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

They have sorted the lockdown bar, just ask IF you have an issue

Ace, thanks Andy. do you know what has been done to strengthen it?

I'm sure it's better in this case that one person tells us than having many people ask the same question to Haggis if you know the answer. After all, that's what forums are for right?

#166 2 years ago

In the house.

ff3 (resized).jpgff3 (resized).jpg

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ace! The green looks great.
Bill's picking mine up this week (third try's the charm) so I'm looking forward to it too.
The lockdown bar is certainly a worry. I hope they develop a reinforced version to supply later.

damian says they have a new one

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ace, thanks Andy. do you know what has been done to strengthen it?
I'm sure it's better in this case that one person tells us than having many people ask the same question to Haggis if you know the answer. After all, that's what forums are for right?

All to do with the press.

Added over 2 years ago:

As in the way it is pressed becomes thin spot

#169 2 years ago

Is there a rule sheet for Celts anywhere? I'm fucked if i can figure out what to shoot for and google has been no help.

#170 2 years ago

CELTS #21 has arrived in Las Vegas. Love the machine so far, plays kind of like TNA, you can't just flail around or those standups will kill you. Have to plan and aim your shots. A few bugs in the code, it's lost track of balls and had a couple of resets so far, but I expect those to get fixed. Beautiful machine, build quality is top notch. So far no issues with my lockdown bar.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Celts seems fun. Playfield almost looks like it had a playfield protector on it. I like the color shifting powdercoat. But I’ve never seen a lockbar broken like this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

playfield is acrylic overlay. lockdown bar is broken. they have a new replacement.

#173 2 years ago

Finally got club champion! Awesome multiball and music. A new high score for me as well.

02A65E12-D7BB-4463-A5F4-CB6F7D67A81E (resized).jpeg02A65E12-D7BB-4463-A5F4-CB6F7D67A81E (resized).jpeg
#174 2 years ago

Put the glass back on will ya!

#175 2 years ago

I have real trouble telling what's what. I had a callout yesterday to go for clan champion or something, but despite trapping up, there was not an insert, a callout or a screen hint as to what the fuck i should be shooting for. I searched the inserts after the game and there is nothing like that written on any of them. Most of them have items really unrelated to anything i've seen in the game written on them. None of them tell you what to shoot for in the higher stages of the game.

I have no idea why they didn't label the inserts like any other pinball machine in the world. Or why the callouts don't even bother telling you what to shoot for.
It's like some home brew where the guy who built it knows exactly what to go for cause it's some connection in his head.

I've talked to Damian about it, but he doesn't seem that interested in it. New players find this game really unapproachable because they just don't know what to shoot for.

I think it's the games Achilles heel. Redesign the inserts, but at least update the code to callout the shots you need for fucks sake. It's making me not want to play it and that's a damn shame because it's beautiful, atm it's not fun though.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have real trouble telling what's what. I had a callout yesterday to go for clan champion or something, but despite trapping up, there was not an insert, a callout or a screen hint as to what the fuck i should be shooting for. I searched the inserts after the game and there is nothing like that written on any of them. Most of them have items really unrelated to anything i've seen in the game written on them. None of them tell you what to shoot for in the higher stages of the game.
I have no idea why they didn't label the inserts like any other pinball machine in the world. Or why the callouts don't even bother telling you what to shoot for.
It's like some home brew where the guy who built it knows exactly what to go for cause it's some connection in his head.
I've talked to Damian about it, but he doesn't seem that interested in it. New players find this game really unapproachable because they just don't know what to shoot for.
I think it's the games Achilles heel. Redesign the inserts, but at least update the code to callout the shots you need for fucks sake. It's making me not want to play it and that's a damn shame because it's beautiful, atm it's not fun though.

I’ve not had any trouble. At the start of each mode there are instructions on the screen. For battle modes green means good and red bad. Beat a clan and storm gates at top scoop. For games blue shots (except tug of war) are good. Multiball jackpots are purple. Usually says which scoop starts multiball. My family figured it out pretty quick. Easy to catch and trap from the lower scoop. I think they went through the rules in the stream.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’ve not had any trouble. At the start of each mode there are instructions on the screen. For battle modes green means good and red bad. Beat a clan and storm gates at top scoop. For games blue shots (except tug of war) are good. Multiball jackpots are purple. Usually says which scoop starts multiball. My family figured it out pretty quick. Easy to catch and trap from the lower scoop. I think they went through the rules in the stream.

It's already spat the ball into play by the time the callout comes up on the screen. A below average player like me does not get to look up at the screen with the ball in play. I have figured out the green versus red in the battles, but it's by no means intuitive.

The other, more advanced stuff has no insert, no callouts calling the shots only colours that you have to try and guess or memorize. The game is sitting alongside Indiana Jones, Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars. All those games and every other game i own has callouts that tell you what to shoot for and labelled inserts.

This is the only game i have that i can't figure out and it could be addressed so easily with a code update.

My players in comp have told me the same thing and it's the only game i have that people walk away from halfway through a game. It's not just me.

#178 2 years ago

As Crile stated, the inserts change colour to prompt you what to go for, green is the shot you need while avoiding the red when you have started a mode via the lower middle
Celts multi ball is achieved by shooting the horse shoe , thus spelling CELTS on back board.
Sporran is by shooting top VUK
Clan and games modes are activated by the lower VUK.
these are the main objectives which once you understand makes it a very enjoyable shot orientated game.
There is a lot more, but you will have to discover on your own, like how to activate wizards mystery, collecting runes,
Storming the castle, lady of the lake etc. etc.
I tend not to look at displays as they are just wank factor. It’s all about the coloured shots. Unless you are colourblind?
I believe a future code update is coming, but don’t hold your breath.

#179 2 years ago

Andy i am not colour blind mate. There's nothing on the playfield to help me and there is fuck all callouts. the inserts on every single other pinball machine i own tell you what shot to go for to complete an objective.

I don't want to discover it on my own, i have a really good ball and hear a callout saying start some objective that i have never heard of and there is nothing on the playfield, not any callout instructing me how to go about collecting the reward i've earned.

That is not a charming quirk.

Had a cool chat with Damián on the phone earlier, he is going to have a look at it and speak with the coder.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Andy i am not colour blind mate. There's nothing on the playfield to help me and there is fuck all callouts. the inserts on every single other pinball machine i own tell you what shot to go for to complete an objective.
I don't want to discover it on my own, i have a really good ball and hear a callout saying start some objective that i have never heard of and there is nothing on the playfield, not any callout instructing me how to go about collecting the reward i've earned.
That is not a charming quirk.
Had a cool chat with Damián on the phone earlier, he is going to have a look at it and speak with the coder.

I just don’t want this turning into Houdini: “first shoot X then shoot X then shoot X”. Worst callouts ever were the rules for those modes.

#181 2 years ago

Yeah, he undestood that and said he would talk with Greg and see where they were with a view to my feedback

I can't ask for more than that, and he said, if no-one tells him these things he don't know.

I own a Houdini. Almost all of my games have callouts calling shots, Houdini is probably the only one that lists them one after the other.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Andy i am not colour blind mate

ha ha, wasn't a dig at you, but hey , thats good to know!
But when you get it, you really get it
Damo is a great bloke and definitely listens to feedback.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#183 2 years ago

Big thanks to damian and team haggis for the replacement lockdown bar. Customer service second to none. can't wait for my fathom mermaid edition.

1DE9E5B5-94FF-4405-AD37-C7419A829C3C (resized).jpeg1DE9E5B5-94FF-4405-AD37-C7419A829C3C (resized).jpeg
#184 2 years ago

My flippers will sometimes stick up for a couple seconds. Anyone else see this behavior? Mostly in the upper flipper.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

My flippers will sometimes stick up for a couple seconds. Anyone else see this behavior? Mostly in the upper flipper.

my flippers have been solid. stern flippers are the best, but haggis feel great and better than my jjp machines.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

\
When it happens, is it both flippers on that side or just the top one?

In any case, put in a service ticket on their website and expect an exceptional response.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Big thanks to damian and team haggis for the replacement lockdown bar. Customer service second to none. can't wait for my fathom mermaid edition.
[quoted image]

Is it made of the same material ? Or is it all metal now ?

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Have you checked the flipper mechanism under the playfield ? Make sure the return spring is attached and not disconnected, and also not stretched, also with the power off move the flippers by hand do the move both ways freely .

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Is it made of the same material ? Or is it all metal now ?

44BDF209-408D-4015-99C7-BA59D910E22A (resized).jpeg44BDF209-408D-4015-99C7-BA59D910E22A (resized).jpeg
more metal and thicker fiberglass

#190 2 years ago

Got a funny feeling that the issue half stems from the fact the the overcenter latches they use clip on half way down the run instead of like a Stern at the top of the slide.

I know i've found myself tapping it down when it's already seated. Then i think it's still not seated because the latch won't reach it.

I'm aware of it now, but i could see it causing long term stress problems.

1 week later
#191 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

[quoted image]
more metal and thicker fiberglass

new one is the top one

E108C1ED-CC11-40CA-8866-13CE3D9D9BBF (resized).jpegE108C1ED-CC11-40CA-8866-13CE3D9D9BBF (resized).jpeg

A1B9069F-8506-47A6-9975-003F4D7AA072 (resized).jpegA1B9069F-8506-47A6-9975-003F4D7AA072 (resized).jpeg
#192 2 years ago

Does it seem different? i can't tell.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Does it seem different? i can't tell.

slightly. Definitely thicker edges. I had an eye appointment today, so my vision is good. does your celts have the newer design?

#194 2 years ago

I don't know.

#195 2 years ago

Still no shipping info, was told last week it would be ready!!

#196 2 years ago

I reckon if someone ordered satin black they may have the only one in the world?

Only one person to ask.

#197 2 years ago

Shipping notice received, 2- weeks out!!!

#198 2 years ago

Haggis is paid in full-DHL Air cost $1350.00 , hopefully I will receive my Purple Celts by April 1st. Then its another wait with Haggis for Fathom Mermaid Edition!! ( Wish they would show a working example tho) Go Haggis!!!!

#199 2 years ago
C0029A73-5CE6-4F24-86A6-722429509C18 (resized).pngC0029A73-5CE6-4F24-86A6-722429509C18 (resized).png
#200 2 years ago

T -Minus 48hrs

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celts-club-haggis-game-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.