FF56DD8B-5F86-47CA-8ED5-A187F19A1B70 (resized).jpeg
22C9ED55-9C1E-4342-A362-4A2DA77C9D37 (resized).jpeg
75106DAA-9FC0-4198-86EC-1A60DC457295 (resized).jpeg
084186B0-2BC6-40FD-AEF5-F919CD5303CD (resized).jpeg
CDC3A17E-ABEB-470E-B0CF-02B4EFD782EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_9049 (resized).jpeg
celts_zapcon (resized).jpg
147FFB09-E8B1-4520-BCB5-DD5FCA07B7C5 (resized).jpeg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 2 years ago

Worst luck happened.
Apparently i COULD still order 1.

Oh well.

So what scores should i be aiming for Andy?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Worst luck happened.
Apparently i COULD still order 1.
Oh well.
So what scores should i be aiming for Andy?

Good one,
I aim for about 80million on 3 ball but my GC is 156Million.
It will take a few games to get " the feel " for this addictive little game and appreciate the build quality.

#53 2 years ago

Goodo, just didn't know is all. I'm pretty excited to get what i consider to be the very best value in pinball today.

The quality is immediately obvious when you address the machine. i didn't expect to like it and thought 'oh well, it's not toooo bad' first couple of games.

4 or 5 games in and i knew i wanted one. The only machine i have that compares in quality is my Houdini.

#54 2 years ago

Just received an email from Damian, my Celts will be ready to ship in 3-weeks. Hopefully it will arrive before the Holidays via FEDEX Air, he also mentioned he is working on the Fathom list !! Super excited to own something other than a Stern.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Just received an email from Damian, my Celts will be ready to ship in 3-weeks. Hopefully it will arrive before the Holidays via FEDEX Air, he also mentioned he is working on the Fathom list !! Super excited to own something other than a Stern.

Awesome. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

#56 2 years ago

Update, just set mine at 5 degrees and I may just have found my sweet spot .
love to know what others have set the inclination too?
6 or higher was waaaaay too much and played ordinary.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Update, just set mine at 5 degrees and I may just have found my sweet spot .
love to know what others have set the inclination too?
6 or higher was waaaaay too much and played ordinary.

What is the official recommendation from Haggis on slope?

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

What is the official recommendation from Haggis on slope?

Damian suggest 5.5 but I am amazed how it changes so much with little variation.
I am hoping the manual will be ready soon and see what that says.
On this pitch it is fast/ slow! if that makes sense

GRAB YOUR SPORRANS

#59 2 years ago

Well FEDEX has given me my third delay. So no Celts today. There really is not much express in Federal Express.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Well FEDEX has given me my third delay. So no Celts today. There really is not much express in Federal Express.

Interesting, is it a local delay ? Ive had several games arrive by Fedex and usually pretty quick..
Celts will be the next, possibly shipping this week even..

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Interesting, is it a local delay ? Ive had several games arrive by Fedex and usually pretty quick..
Celts will be the next, possibly shipping this week even..

China, Alaska, and now Indiana. Those damn Hoosiers are probably unboxing it and playing my game. Those bastards.

#62 2 years ago

YES!!! Can’t wait to get home.

5850D61E-3001-4F75-92CD-96663B872249 (resized).jpeg5850D61E-3001-4F75-92CD-96663B872249 (resized).jpeg
#63 2 years ago

STOKED for you, you gonna love it. Post pics.

#64 2 years ago

You are going to love the quality. Gameplay happens to be fantastic and well integrated too!

#65 2 years ago

So amazing to have my name and crest in the game. First one in the USA.

85370CD8-688E-4921-BC6C-0E5A8F7EC6E3 (resized).jpeg85370CD8-688E-4921-BC6C-0E5A8F7EC6E3 (resized).jpeg9B1E0E61-0D99-4432-934D-BA4A2FF5739C (resized).jpeg9B1E0E61-0D99-4432-934D-BA4A2FF5739C (resized).jpegB5BBEEC4-DDA9-442D-BD58-D8AEF3992F07 (resized).jpegB5BBEEC4-DDA9-442D-BD58-D8AEF3992F07 (resized).jpeg

#66 2 years ago

Is that the black onyx colour? It's what i chose but couldn't find a sample of the colour and Damian didn't have one.

If so could you take a couple pics of the rail or lockdown bar for me please?

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is that the black onyx colour? It's what i chose but couldn't find a sample of the colour and Damian didn't have one.
If so could you take a couple pics of the rail or lockdown bar for me please?

No it is grurple. So much brighter and better than any picture. It is crazy how it is bright green from one angle and deep purple from another.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#69 2 years ago

Thanks, i've seen the grurple it's really nice.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

So how is it?!……

Amazing! This game got us all when I bumped the flipper and it shouted our family name to hurry up and play. Music is fantastic. So far I am getting used to the shots, but this thing flows. Plays like a classic late 70’s/ early 80’s game with modern flair and code. Exactly what I wanted. And it is beautiful. So many little surprises.

#71 2 years ago

As far as slope, with legs all the way down it is 6.7 between the slings and that is perfect for me. At 5.5 ( had to raise the legs) plunge wasn’t working well and was a bit too slow. Addictive game. I really can’t tell a difference with the acrylic play field layer. Plays smooth and no dimples!

#72 2 years ago

My only disappointment so far, (still waiting for my game) is the fact that Celts play-field glass is an odd size, that being said nobody makes Invisi Glass to fit. I’am hoping maybe all Cets Owners that want Invisiglass could place a special order maybe??? I absolutely love Invisible Glass!!!! I believe Fathom will be a standard size hopefully.

#73 2 years ago

This game has a lot more depth than I initially realized. It has 4 clan battles. Beat them all and have all clan battle multiball that feels like Jericho from Iron Man. 7 Highland games , one that is a 2 ball multiball. Win all games and you go up a level (club, state, world). 3 other multiballs all with separate rules. If you bought name in the game there is a bonus mode available. Finally there is Lady of the Lake wizard mode… no idea what that is. Has lots of multipliers as well. Plus callouts are fantastic and hilarious. Although I will need subtitles to understand them all. Really a unique and deep game. Shows that you can do a lot with a “simple” layout. Still learning all the rules and figuring out stuff.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This game has a lot more depth than I initially realized. It has 4 clan battles. Beat them all and have all clan battle multiball that feels like Jericho from Iron Man. 7 Highland games , one that is a 2 ball multiball. Win all games and you go up a level (club, state, world). 3 other multiballs all with separate rules. If you bought name in the game there is a bonus mode available. Finally there is Lady of the Lake wizard mode… no idea what that is. Has lots of multipliers as well. Plus callouts are fantastic and hilarious. Although I will need subtitles to understand them all. Really a unique and deep game. Shows that you can do a lot with a “simple” layout. Still learning all the rules and figuring out stuff.

Post pics?

#75 2 years ago

What do your want to see?

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

What do your want to see?

Everything and anything you want to post. Would love to see some game play video. The game looks great.

#77 2 years ago

When you put 3 slings, 2 pops, and a flipper in a tight space, stuff is going to happen.

2BF50FA3-D48E-4491-9760-24925A337823 (resized).jpeg2BF50FA3-D48E-4491-9760-24925A337823 (resized).jpeg
#78 2 years ago

Received an email today saying my Celts is going into production next week, will take 3-weeks to hand build, then the shipping nightmare will begin, nervous about shipping in December, i assume FedEx would be the best option?

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Received an email today saying my Celts is going into production next week, will take 3-weeks to hand build, then the shipping nightmare will begin, nervous about shipping in December, i assume FedEx would be the best option?

I did FEDEX express(air) because was only option at the time(DHL had just bailed on them). It took 12 days even though had 5 day guarantee. Had three delays along the way. I think that is just the state of things now. By boat will take longer. I felt it cost a bit too much to ship by air, but felt it was the safest choice at the time. With Fathom will be cheaper because I think it is built into the price and will be bulk units by boat. Folks will then pay domestic shipping from US distributor.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I got an email last week that they worked out DHL option and could now do to residence delivery. One thing that I needed to do was make sure I was listed with customs with a valid importer form 5106. Found a way to set this up for free using https://www.eezyimport.com/ (there are several other online brokers that can do this for you too, as opposed to filing a paper form) ..

If the last ETA is still on target, I should be getting a delivery notice very soon, was estimated it would ship this week even.

#81 2 years ago

Picked up Celts #6 from Haggis today. Met Damian and a few of the team briefly as we were loading. Looking forward to unboxing.

20211123_154425 (resized).jpg20211123_154425 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#82 2 years ago

made it to the usa

AF15CBD4-8C1B-41EE-935F-0BFED589917E (resized).jpegAF15CBD4-8C1B-41EE-935F-0BFED589917E (resized).jpeg

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

made it to the usa
[quoted image]

Congratulations, have fun!

#84 2 years ago

what's the recommendation on playfield care on the hybrid playfield?

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Would guess the same as most but I would avoid anything with abrasives like Novus 2-3.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Haggis suggests just rubbing alcohol.

#87 2 years ago

I use Millwax on all my games including this .
don't forget to wax your balls!

Chick Ball 2 (resized).pngChick Ball 2 (resized).png
#88 2 years ago

Just saw a post by Damian that Haggis Celts won Best Modern' at Pincinatti Show on FB but it looks like it's been deleted?

Anyone else see it?

#89 2 years ago

Yup, it is still out there. Congrats to Damian and the whole team!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#90 2 years ago

I'm absolutely not surprised.

Couple games on one was all i needed to order.

Well deserved.

#91 2 years ago

Just need a code update with an adult only " angry Scot code"

#92 2 years ago

Now that would be great!

#93 2 years ago

Look what i got coming Andy, nother aussie icon...

ssr3 (resized).jpgssr3 (resized).jpg

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm absolutely not surprised.
Couple games on one was all i needed to order.
Well deserved.

Yes they have done well. Even more so when you consider what they have had to contend with with Covid lockdowns & parts shortages etc. Owning Celts I know I am absolutely going to love Fathom.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Look what i got coming Andy, nother aussie icon...
[quoted image]

So you bought that Garry? I seen that advertised. It looked cool!

#96 2 years ago

Yes mate, hoping to get it before xmas if Bill manages. Really excited. I was looking last night and it looks to me that i'll have three very similar layout machines that i truley love the layout of.

The sunset riders (which is Bally Eight Ball)

ssr1 (resized).jpgssr1 (resized).jpg

My Hankin Orbit 1

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

And to a lesser extent my sorcerer

image-2 (1) (resized).jpgimage-2 (1) (resized).jpg

Just love the simple ruled, single level games. So much fun to shoot and i can get my brain around the objectives.

That's why (full circle) I'm going to love the Celts and the Fathom too.

#97 2 years ago

My mate over here has a Sunset Riders too and boy I cream myself when I see/ play it.
Sadly he will be putting it up for sale and I just can’t justify the $$$ at the moment.
After Fathom, Centaur maybe ?
Do I sell WNBJM?
Great time in pinball , except the $$

#98 2 years ago

I sold my Centaur as it was too similar to Fathom and i liked Fathom better.

You may never see another Sunset Riders.

What colour is your mates?

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What colour is your mates?

Silver if I remember correct

#100 2 years ago

Silver if I remember correct

I'd love to see a photo or two. I've never seen a silver one. It's not the Storm footy team one is it? Silver and Purple?

Wasn't sure on the black one as far as colour went, but it's growing on me real fast.

It'd be such a treat for me if Damián and Bill got together and i got them both for xmas, but i can wait till the new year for my Celts if i really must.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celts-club-haggis-game-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.