77 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 77 days ago

Hello All
    Was hoping for some feedback here so that I can make a more informed decision moving forward.

Ok. I currently have Verizon and own my iPhone. I am month to month and can depart at any time without consequence.

What I am considering doing is moving to a provider like Republic that supposedly uses Verizon towers. Now does this mean that my coverage would be the same? Who knows. There are a couple other providers that I would appreciate Your feedback on. They are Ting, Total Wireless, Cricket (ATT) to mention a few.

Under no circumstances do I want to use Sprint. Really poor service to my experience.

Just looking to maximize bang for my buck. I do want an unlimited plan that includes data.

What are you fellas doing and how satisfied are you?

Thank you

George

#2 77 days ago

Had Virgin Mobile and hated it. Couldn't stream anything on my phone when I was in my car.

Switched to Verizon and I'm happy.

#3 77 days ago

There are far too many variables to give one solid answer. I have switched providers 5 times in the last 10 years. I haven't used a traditional carrier in over 10 years, just MVNOs. Cell phones for the most part are overpriced and insane. I have no idea how people drop so much money on a new phone every single year.

Anyway, here is a pretty good list of MVNOs in the US, it lists their features, towers they operate on, etc.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

I am currently using Unreal Mobile. I have been with them for about a year, and they are fine, not great, not bad. I use a Galaxy S6 I paid $100 for, and my monthly bill is $15. That is unlimited minutes and texts, and 1GB data per month that rolls over. I am on wifi all the time, so my data allocation is actually right around 7GB right now.

#4 77 days ago

What happens with the main carrier is they get precedence over the “piggy back” providers. It’s the same service but it will degraded for the smaller company if the equipment bandwidth is being maxed out.
    You might get slower speeds or a call dropped but the service is the same thing from the same sector and equipment.

#5 77 days ago

Been with T-Mobile for years now. Currently, have 5 lines unlimited everything with Premium Netflix included. Costs ~$112/month in total.

#6 77 days ago

Cricket here. $35 a month. Always good reception everywhere I've been. Unlimited calls and text. 5g data a month. No complaints.

#7 77 days ago

Republic rocks because when you are overseas, you buy a local unlimited SIM for $30 for the month. This lets you call all the local businesses, cabs, reservations.....without expensive overseas plans or worrying about per minute charges.

BUT whenever you have Wifi (like back at the hotel room), you can put your Republic SIM back in, and all your contacts will get your calls and texts from your normal phone number (not some crazy overseas number).

Even better, you can talk all you want, without expensive "overseas" call charges. Your friends without an overseas calling plan, just call your normal number, none the wiser.

#8 77 days ago

Another good part about services like Republic that seamlessly switch from cell tower to Wifi, is that if you have dead spots in your basement or metal pole barn that drop calls from towers, you will never drop a call.

For instance, my pole barn will kill any cell reception as soon as you are 3 feet in the door. But rather than dropping, my phone silently switches to my Wifi router mounted on the ceiling.

#9 77 days ago

I am using Total Wireless which runs on the Verizon network. Works awesome. Amazing prices too.

#10 72 days ago

Go over to Straight Talk. $45/mo w/25G data, or 35/mo w/10G data. You can use your existing phone and they use either AT&T or Verizon towers. I've been with them for nearly 5 years and have NEVER had an issue-ever! No contract and the bill is always the same...no junk fees, drama etc. Head on over to Howardforums.com if you need to pick their brains on how/where/why etc. Trust me, I must've converted 25-30 people over to ST in the last few years, they should be paying me!

#11 72 days ago

I have had Verizon for over 15 yrs with no issues. It even works in Hawaii.

#12 72 days ago

Used sprint for a long time, and they were garbage. Took a huge road trip around the country, and as soon as you leave Iowa, everything out west was roaming—except for large towns or cities.

Switched to T-Mobile 2 years ago, and their service is lightyears better. Even in rural areas (surprisingly). Best part is it comes with unlimited everything—including hotspot data, and you get unlimited everything in Canada and Mexico. My friend has dual citizenship in the England, and uses his T-mobile phone in the UK (France, Germany, and southern England specifically) all without roaming charges. It’s all included. My other friend travels to South Korea for business and uses t-mobile there too. All without paying a single cent more. Overseas is all included. Can’t beat that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 8.40
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 32.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 20.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 209.99
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 27.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside