(Topic ID: 264792)

Celebrity/athlete from your town

By hwyhed

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9AB904B8-87E9-429D-8286-3E8247909BBC (resized).jpeg
    A6D8AD0C-320F-48A1-9CD9-5BAAF0D678F2 (resized).jpeg
    Hart (resized).jpg
    MD (resized).jpg
    20200323_210138 (resized).jpg
    ali_backglass (resized).jpg
    830694BE-FBB4-4A86-B779-E67BEECAF867 (resized).jpeg
    A4F9B420-C4B0-43E6-90E2-C12A0CC3795F (resized).png
    terry-fox-2.jpg
    4A92D221-82DA-4049-A33C-269FD6AD5FE7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 4 years ago

From Dearborn,mi. Joe hamood back in 1967 played basketball for the ABA Houston Mavericks(at that time before it turned into NBA).He played 4 years in college for the Houston Cougars.RIP Joe..Sadly he died in a car accident in 1970 at the age of 26.He was a great basketball player.

And THE CHIEF Robert Parrish Boston Celtics owns a home here in Shreveport,La. he comes to visit his sister.He came to my brothers shop and they took pics together.My brother said he was the nicest athlete he ever met,Very kind and he wasn’t a show off.

A6D8AD0C-320F-48A1-9CD9-5BAAF0D678F2 (resized).jpegA6D8AD0C-320F-48A1-9CD9-5BAAF0D678F2 (resized).jpeg
    #61 4 years ago

Joe Dumars of the Detroit Pistons lives here in Natchitoches,La. it’s his hometown that’s where he’s from,Me and my brother asked him if it was ok to take a pic with him and said “no pics or autographs”I told him that’s good I hate the Detroit Pistons anyway..haha!!!

Also, I’ve met Kirk Gibson(My favorite baseball player)He”s from Detroit,Mi. Coolest guy I ever met!! I asked him what was it like in 1984 when you hit that home run during the World Series against the San Diego Padres?? He said jokingly “I had to hit a homerun or Sparky Anderson would kick me in the nuts!!” Haha!! That was a great year man I wish there was a time machine.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I'll go with the town where I grew up:
    Jerry Seinfeld
    The various Baldwin brothers. Went to school with Stephen
    Mobster Roy DeMeo. Went to school with his son.
    Joey Buttafuoco
    Ron Kovic
    Brian Setzer, Slim Jim Phantom, Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats
    Dee Snider of Twisted Sister
    Helen Slater
    Steve Guttenberg
    Jessica Hahn
    Former NY Ranger Rob O'Gara. Went to school with his father, who was crazy into hockey.

Roy Demeo is my mother’s 2nd cousin,That guy was truly evil man!! His motto was “no body no murder” he would bring a guy to his warehouse shoot him in the head and then hang him upside down in a bathroom to drain all the blood out of his body then chop him up in pieces.He was called the “Gambino Chopper”

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Yeah, I forgot all about the DeMeos until a couple years ago when I saw the movie "The Iceman" where he was played by Ray Liotta. Then I read all about his criminal escapades on Wikipedia. Chilling.

My mother told all kinds of stuff about him and none of it was good.We saw the film and my mother told me ray liotta was the wrong guy to describe Roy and his crimes it was way worse than that.The Gambino family relied on Roy when someone had to disappear.

#71 4 years ago

Here’s another pic of the Chief,Hes good friends with my both my brothers.When he comes to visit they all go out to dinner together and they play a few games of basketball.I asked my brother what was it like trying to take a jump shot against the Chief?ha! He said every shot he tries to take or make the Chief blocks it or takes the ball away..Haha!!! A true Legend man!!

9AB904B8-87E9-429D-8286-3E8247909BBC (resized).jpeg9AB904B8-87E9-429D-8286-3E8247909BBC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celebrity-athlete-from-your-town-?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.