Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by way2wyrd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBC98D5B-45F2-42B0-B2F9-052501A8D93D (resized).png
    waynes_world_-_h_-_1992 (resized).jpg
    4675067D-0CE9-433A-8C70-F9F79A7BF0C5 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    sweet 16 (resized).png
    7D702C4F-4F4B-4F78-AA45-31413270EC07.gif
    9D95C379-4165-4E0A-9351-40192785F309.gif
    85AECCC4-7260-41B5-A871-54A9C0F5860A.gif
    9EF5E95B-D089-4DDC-9840-C25C100B6158 (resized).jpeg
    16C (resized).jpg
    party.gif
    rct (resized).jpg
    gta (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 15.02.09 (resized).png

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

Thanks again, everyone!

I just added a quick search tool to the forum front page, as a thank you for all the nice words. Hope you find it useful!

4675067D-0CE9-433A-8C70-F9F79A7BF0C5 (resized).png4675067D-0CE9-433A-8C70-F9F79A7BF0C5 (resized).png
    #102 5 years ago

Incredible!!!!! I love this site and the community. If it wasn't for this site, I'm sure I would have given up on my 2 pins LAH and Comet long ago.

Thank You Everyone!!!

MM

OUT

#103 5 years ago

Thank you for posting this in one of the sub-forums that I am still allowed to post in.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thank you for posting this in one of the sub-forums that I am still allowed to post in.

When I saw Azmodeus publicly give you Pinside thanks along with for really being there for him and making a diff'rence at the lowest point possible in somones life, all I could think was "Boy, I hope o-din can't post in this sub-forum."

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

When I saw Azmodeus publicly give you Pinside thanks along with for really being there for him and making a diff'rence at the lowest point possible in somones life, all I could think was "Boy, I hope o-din can't post in this sub-forum."

Thanks, but that wasn't me in the picture. I'm much much younger than that!

But it does warm my heart to know at least a few here don't get offended and take everything I say too seriously

#107 5 years ago

Congratulations on a very sweet sixteen! Thank you for Pinside and all it's grown to be!

#108 5 years ago

Thanks Robin/Pinside for putting up with all the earlier B.S. stuff I used to post on a daily basis.
    Time sure flies!

#109 5 years ago

A big thanks to Robin and company for building this place and keeping it up. Thanks to the moderators who insure its a great place to have meaningful discussions. And thanks to all the members who make this a learning place. I discovered TPF in 2012 and Pinside shortly after. Since then I have met a lot of great people, learned a ton, resurrected a few classic Ballys and even built a nice side business that pays for my hobby. Could not have done any of that without Pinside. Looking forward to the next 16! (In 2002 I was playing a LOT of GTA: Vice City! Still do...)

Shawn

#110 5 years ago

Congratulations!
    I wish I would have known about this site back in 2002. Keep up the great work!

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

robin congrats.
    Who's the oldest active (non-staff) member?
    ... Altan

Good question.

I clicked on Robin's "16y" by his name and he is Pinsider #1001. I will assume he is the first Pinsider.

I am #7747, so subtracting 1000 makes me the 6747th Pinsider.

I saw a "15y" member today. He or she is #1262.

#112 5 years ago

I'm 14y

#113 5 years ago

Awesome! How did you first hear of this place? I was on RGP religiously since 2001 and can't recall even hearing of Pinside until around 2011. Weird.

#114 5 years ago

Also RGP everyday. Came here to see the top 100 but didn't join for awhile.

#115 5 years ago

Congrats and thank you Robin!!! This site has really allowed me to venture into and enjoy the hobby more than I ever could prior.....extremely grateful....mark

#116 5 years ago

Congrats on a job well done. This site is awesome, and all of your hard work has contributed immensely to my enjoyment of this great hobby, and I’m sure many others feel the same way.

#117 5 years ago

Congrats on 16 years. That is an eternity in web time.

If pinball ever gets a true hall of fame, this site deserves its own wing. While it isn't perfect, nothing is, and it is a source of information, community and a proven avenue for buying and selling like no other.

Thanks for the hard work by Robin, the moderating team, and all of the people that go into making this site what it is.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Congrats on 16 years. That is an eternity in web time.
    If pinball ever gets a true hall of fame, this site deserves its own wing. While it isn't perfect, nothing is, and it is a source of information, community and a proven avenue for buying and selling like no other.
    Thanks for the hard work by Robin, the moderating team, and all of the people that go into making this site what it is.

Much better stated than my attempt...completely agree!!!

#119 5 years ago

Thank you Robin and congratulations. I, like other newcomers have expressed, wish I had discovered this site years ago - but am thankful I have now. Looking forward to MY first year anniversary with many more to follow

#120 5 years ago

Which leads me to, in 2022 Pinside will be twenty. Vegas party?

Four years we have to prepare...

#121 5 years ago

Not to steal the thunder on 16. But Vegas 2022 the phof should be in its new location.
    I will feel better than I do today, I hope.

We need to get the violent femmes to play a concert. A dream of mine. Free party for Pinside.

Good times going to play at a friends now!

#122 5 years ago

Thanks Robin, it’s been quite the ride.

#123 5 years ago

Congratulations! And thank you! Of all the sites/forums I've been on over the years, this is definitely the most smoothest, most polished, and most comprehensive user experience. You've built something great.

#124 5 years ago

I ask Robin in 2011 and in 2013 how many pinsiders etc. there were, we have grown since, Here is 2011

Today, July 25th 2011 we have...
    5,593 registered Pinsiders
    Did you know that...
    1 new Pinsider signs up every 4.5 hours (on average)
    658 Pinsiders have logged on this last month
    2,326 Pinsiders have made 22.724 ratings
    1,108 Pinsiders have made 20.376 approved ratings (meaning they have rated 6 or more games)
    751 Pinsiders have made one or more rating comments
    4,079 rating comments total
    6,589 solid state pinball machines are currently 'owned' by all Pinsiders
    4,902 solid state pinball machines are currently 'wished' by all Pinsiders
    53 Pinsiders have donated
    746 stories were written
    374 Pinsider profile stories are posted
    And as for the forum...
    4,460 topics
    47,220 posts
    Last month the site has seen...
    58,332 Visits
    402,131 Pageviews
    6.89 Pages/Visit
    80 gigabyte of data transfered
    This year (jan 1st - July 25th) the site has seen...
    308,221 Visits
    1,876,681 Pageviews
    Don't you just love stats?
    Hope that answers your question

#125 5 years ago

Here's 2013

OK, just a few stats, because I'm on an iPad (not near my work computer)
    Today, we have:
    19,745 Pinsiders
    4,156 Of them seen last week
    1 new Pinsider joins every hour
    82,856 forum topics
    1,514,914 posts
    51,543 ratings
    5 million pageviews per month

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Today, July 25th 2011 we have...
    5,593 registered Pinsiders

So in 2018 there are the same number logging in every 24 hours as there was in TOTAL then. Nice.

#127 5 years ago

Congratulations Robin and thank you to all the members that make up this really weird garden. It's been a short wild ride for me and I'm most appreciative of the advice on how to maintain and fix these things. Also it's very cool to see others as passionate about pinball in a world where your house has become overrun by pins as weird. Here it's just the norm, and I really like that.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Congratulations Robin and thank you to all the members that make up this really weird garden. It's been a short wild ride for me and I'm most appreciative of the advice on how to maintain and fix these things. Also it's very cool to see others as passionate about pinball in a world where your house has become overrun by pins as weird. Here it's just the norm, and I really like that.

Well said Buzz, here its ok to be weird with our big boy toys.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

19,745 Pinsiders
    4,156 Of them seen last week
    1 new Pinsider joins every hour
    82,856 forum topics
    1,514,914 posts
    51,543 ratings
    5 million pageviews per month

Those are some crazy statistics that show the growth of the pinball scene.

I have a question if anyone knows? How many people on Pinside actually post vs number of Pinsiders? I am just curious on the number of people who post vs lurk? If I had to guess I would say 20,000+ pinsiders and 500+/- actually post and 19,500+ lurk?

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I think another round of donations is in order

I've just DONATED.

Thank you for everything you do Robin. Keep up the great work!!!!!

#131 5 years ago

Congratz! Its a hell of a ride so far

--Jeff

#132 5 years ago

Damn... 16 years?!? Back then I was on the Head-Fi forums hosting meetups and playing with vintage tube audio. Now, with Pinside, I'm playing with vintage pinball in 2018. Never would have guessed that.

Forums empower and preserve the past! Great resource, great community. A whole lot of the hobby keeps rolling because of this place... glad to be here & support your work.

#133 5 years ago

Where were you in '92?

waynes_world_-_h_-_1992 (resized).jpgwaynes_world_-_h_-_1992 (resized).jpg
    #134 5 years ago

Great Idea on the black Friday donation Robin... its like a late Birthday Present!! couldn't think of anything better to get you!

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Awesome! How did you first hear of this place? I was on RGP religiously since 2001 and can't recall even hearing of Pinside until around 2011. Weird.

I was on r.g.p. everyday too. Somehow I must have signed up for PS back in 2003, for whatever reason, but never remember doing so. About 2012 or so I came across this site (I thought for the first time) and decided to sign-up. But when I went to sign up, it said my username was already taken. So I tried my password and voila! There must not have been a forum in 2003, or much of anything else for that matter.

#136 5 years ago

I like the shirt Zombi Yeti designed to commemorate the occasion.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I like the shirt Zombi Yeti designed to commemorate the occasion.

Let's see it

#138 5 years ago

I think it’s time for “Vidside”! Use this same format/architecture and make a site for video games. KLOV is fantastic but format is long in the tooth

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I think it’s time for “Vidside”! Use this same format/architecture and make a site for video games. KLOV is fantastic but format is long in the tooth

Hmm...hey wasn't there a videa game area here before? Can;t find it now.

#140 5 years ago

Thanks Robin for all that you have done for our hobby!!!

Also thank you for giving us a place to share it!!!

#141 5 years ago
    BBC98D5B-45F2-42B0-B2F9-052501A8D93D (resized).pngBBC98D5B-45F2-42B0-B2F9-052501A8D93D (resized).png
    #142 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Where were you in '92?

Playing my new to to me Xenon

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celebrating-16-years-of-pinside/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.