(Topic ID: 238914)

cel-fi pro smart signal booster - Any Good?

By Saveleaningtower

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 5 years ago

anyone here use any of these cell phone repeaters/signal boosters and are they any good? i have a condo that doesn't allow for anything placed outside the unit so i would need something like the cel-fi pro smart at&t booster that essentially has a unit you place near a window or sliding glass door where there is good signal and another unit that you place somewhere else in the house to receive and boost the cell signal from the window unit. thanks

#2 5 years ago

The $800.00 ones worked very well at a building I used to work in.

#3 5 years ago

Contact your provider. They all have devices that you can use to provide a signal and connect to your internet connection.

I told sprint I needed to change companies if I couldn’t get a signal in my vacation home. They game me one for free. Works great.

#4 5 years ago

Try to get an internet repeater or simply use wifi calling. The boosters suck.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Try to get an internet repeater or simply use wifi calling. The boosters suck.

john, i would like to kill the bill so to speak. our phone plan gets everyone in the family unlimited everything and we have att which includes the directtv channels so i was thinking if i could boost the signal inside the condo, i could get rid of the 150+ bucks a month for the internet and lousy cable tv from xfinity/comcast.

#6 5 years ago

If you have to boost your signal, you probably aren't a good candidate for cutting the cord completely to rely on your cell.

Cut the video, keep basic internet, use an internet repeater as mentioned above.

Sprint uses a device branded AiRave, not sure what the AT&T equivalent is branded.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

i could get rid of the 150+ bucks a month for the internet and lousy cable tv from xfinity/comcast.

I attempted this when I got an apartment out in western Maryland. We have t-mobile, with unlimited everything, including hotspot, and the plan was just to use the hotspot to connect to the smart tv for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.

Problem was/is, that the service out where our apartment is isn’t very good. It’s serviceable, but slow. I also looked into repeaters, but they’re all really crappy when you read the fine print. They don’t do anything to help speed, and often, they introduce so much latency, it’s not really worth it. We’ve just been living with it, because we refuse to get fleeced by the single internet and cable provider that out there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cel-fi-pro-smart-signal-booster-any-good?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.