Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by AndHart120
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160124_140825_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.19.14_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.19.07_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.19.01_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.56_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.51_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.38_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.44_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.30_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140338_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140333_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140330_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140326_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140321_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140318_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140315_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktrain315.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

I think we should keep this thread going all summer; a lot of pinsiders probably go to CP every year.

CP has such great potential for pins in their arcade but sadly it disappoints every time I'm in there. I suppose it is nice to have all those EM's at a location though. I see no mention of the flash that's been sitting idle for years, its finally gone? What about RFM and South Park? Those gone too?

I dream of a row of modern dmd's and sterns and think they would do really well there. A few years ago there was a MB and TOM in the little arcade in the breakers, but they are no longer there.

Hershey Park and even Indiana Beach both have a decent pin selection in their arcades, or at least they did when I was there a few years ago. Anyone know who owns/operates those pins at CP? It can't be the park right?

#8 7 years ago

Yep, I'm the first to admit we're spoiled. Growing up in the area, I always thought CP was pretty good, then I started traveling to other parks and realized how great we have it (as far as rides go at least). Most parks have one or two good coasters and CP has at least 7 that are great.

I'm also going to Dollywood this summer to ride theirs...apparently the new one (Lightning Rod) just opened today. I plan on spending about a week in the area, hiking and Gatlinburg and stuff.

The main arcade at CP is great during a rain storm, not much else is open. Due to CP's location in the lake, rain storms come and go very quickly; I always like to go on forecasted rainy days.

#19 7 years ago

it's on the main midway right by planet snoopy (the kids area). Really can't miss it.

#51 7 years ago

You didn't miss much SkyKing, they don't play very well IMO. Any rides you didn't like or you would not wait (in the regular line) for? What did you think of the food? I think its all pretty terrible (taste and value) but it's gotten better over the years.

#53 7 years ago

Chick-Fil-A is gone, they didn't renew their lease. The building they were in is still serving chicken stuff though if that's your thing.

The best food/value is Famous Daves hands down. Its right outside the gate by Bluestreak/Valravn. We usually head over there mid-afternoon so we don't have to wait. Sit down in the air conditioning, have a server, and (gasp!) free refills on pop! A lot of the customers are marina tenants, not necessarily park guests, so the service is much better then in the park.

#59 7 years ago

MrBally, sounds like you've been going to CP for years. What do you miss the most that is no longer there? For me it's probably The Pirate Ride, Disaster Transport (only the first year or two when all the props worked), and the original Paddle Wheel Excursions before it was neutered. Honorable mention to those fruit juice cups shaped like fruit from the 80's.

#63 7 years ago

Notice I said the first 2 years the ride was open. With all the props and theming working, that ride was really something else. Maybe not on Disney level, but for a seasonal park in Ohio it was pretty awesome. It's later years, yeah it sucked, only worth the wait in line to cool off until the ac stopped working too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktrain315.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cedar-point-2016-pin-list?tu=ktrain315 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.