Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by AndHart120
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160124_140825_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.19.14_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.19.07_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.19.01_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.56_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.51_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.38_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.44_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-23_17.18.30_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140338_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140333_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140330_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140326_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140321_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140318_(resized).jpg
    20150802_140315_(resized).jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

You didn't miss much SkyKing, they don't play very well IMO. Any rides you didn't like or you would not wait (in the regular line) for? What did you think of the food? I think its all pretty terrible (taste and value) but it's gotten better over the years.

#52 7 years ago

There is a Chick-fil-a in Frontier Town. As usual, closed on Sundays. Prices *slightly* higher than mall or usual locations.

#53 7 years ago

Chick-Fil-A is gone, they didn't renew their lease. The building they were in is still serving chicken stuff though if that's your thing.

The best food/value is Famous Daves hands down. Its right outside the gate by Bluestreak/Valravn. We usually head over there mid-afternoon so we don't have to wait. Sit down in the air conditioning, have a server, and (gasp!) free refills on pop! A lot of the customers are marina tenants, not necessarily park guests, so the service is much better then in the park.

#54 7 years ago

Tho if you plan on tackling a garbage lid meal, maybe do it after you're done with the rides.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

Chick-Fil-A is gone, they didn't renew their lease. The building they were in is still serving chicken stuff though if that's your thing.
    The best food/value is Famous Daves hands down. Its right outside the gate by Bluestreak/Valravn. We usually head over there mid-afternoon so we don't have to wait. Sit down in the air conditioning, have a server, and (gasp!) free refills on pop! A lot of the customers are marina tenants, not necessarily park guests, so the service is much better then in the park.

Thanks for the update, my daughter didn't mention anything about CFA and I didn't ask her. I guess last year as their final season. Glad I was able to enjoy it when I was there.

The Famous Dave's, while more expensive than off-property locations, I agree, is a great value. Back when it was simply the Marina Steak House, my GF & I would sometimes eat there. Then it became "The Boathouse BBQ", serving Ribs King BBQ. Then it became Famous Dave's. The Midway Market used to be a decent deal with healthy choices (and "included" drinks) but was a pathetic mess with notsogood food and is now way overpriced. It was good when my kids were young though.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Tho if you plan on tackling a garbage lid meal, maybe do it after you're done with the rides.

Or at least avoid MaxAir immediately following a meal. The Coriolis Force is strong with this ride, which for some reason is near most of the food options.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

You didn't miss much SkyKing, they don't play very well IMO. Any rides you didn't like or you would not wait (in the regular line) for? What did you think of the food? I think its all pretty terrible (taste and value) but it's gotten better over the years.

Definitely skip Corkscrew -- seats are uncomfortable, the ride is (literally) painfully jostling, and it's stupidly short. I rated it dead last for all these reasons.

I'd also skip Blue Streak -- it's a very old wooden one that beats you up the entire way.

Mean Streak is similar, but the overall greater speed and length of it made it fun enough to endure the "back massage".

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Definitely skip Corkscrew -- seats are uncomfortable, the ride is (literally) painfully jostling, and it's stupidly short. I rated it dead last for all these reasons.
    I'd also skip Blue Streak -- it's a very old wooden one that beats you up the entire way.
    Mean Streak is similar, but the overall greater speed and length of it made it fun enough to endure the "back massage".

Skip the Mine Ride and go on the classic Blue Streak. The Cyclone at Coney Island is harder to ride. I remember when Corkscrew opened in 1976. Waited over two hours for a 45 second ride after the lift portion of the ride. The total ride time is under two minutes.....

#59 7 years ago

MrBally, sounds like you've been going to CP for years. What do you miss the most that is no longer there? For me it's probably The Pirate Ride, Disaster Transport (only the first year or two when all the props worked), and the original Paddle Wheel Excursions before it was neutered. Honorable mention to those fruit juice cups shaped like fruit from the 80's.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Skip the Mine Ride and go on the classic Blue Streak.

I concur on skipping the mine ride, it's a snooze. I rated it second-to-last ... because even though it was boring, it was still better than the awful experience that was Corkscrew.

#61 7 years ago

I second the opinion that my most missed CP thing is the juice drinks shaped like fruit. So good!

Most missed ride/attraction is probably White Water Landing. It was a log ride where Maverick is now. Mavericks line que building is actually the old station for that ride.

As far as coasters go, i love them all in their own way, but corkscrew is just so rough after 40 years, so it probably gets my vote as the worst. I give CP credit for keeping up as long as they have though. It did break some world records when it debuted in 1976. First coaster in the world with 3 inversions and first coaster with inversions over a midway. I love mine ride because its so fun to rip on. We sarcastically flip out the entire time we ride it and then the whole train gets into it and we have a blast.

Best ride in my opinion is the Millenium Force. Thrills me everytime i ride it.

Also, as far as food goes, TGIFridays at Breakers hotel is priced very well. The prices seem right on par with their regular restaurants not on CP property. They also have a Perkins and a Tomo hibachi place at breakers.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

What do you miss the most that is no longer there? For me it's probably...Disaster Transport

Oh, *mercy*. Do you miss polio as well? Is your favorite pinball machine Shaq Attaq?

You *miss* DT? The only way I could miss that atrocity is "with every bullet so far". Inexcusably bad ride. I'll bet you'd miss Iron Dragon, too. I mean, *yikes*, man. Really.

#63 7 years ago

Notice I said the first 2 years the ride was open. With all the props and theming working, that ride was really something else. Maybe not on Disney level, but for a seasonal park in Ohio it was pretty awesome. It's later years, yeah it sucked, only worth the wait in line to cool off until the ac stopped working too.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

Notice I said the first 2 years the ride was open. With all the props and theming working, that ride was really something else. Maybe not on Disney level, but for a seasonal park in Ohio it was pretty awesome. It's later years, yeah it sucked, only worth the wait in line to cool off until the ac stopped working too.

I rode it when it was new, and I remember it well. Holy *crap* was I pissed that they'd torn down the Fun House for that abomination. It's honestly hard for me to understand how anyone involved with the conception or construction of that ride is even remotely employable today. It's proof that when they screw up, they screw up *hard*. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Again: inexcusably awful. I'd be hard-pressed not to describe it as "unredemptive".

#65 7 years ago

Actually, the Fun House (one of my favorite attractions there) was torn down for Oceana to be constructed. Although I also miss Wildcat which was relocated twice before finally being removed . First move was for Oceana. Then there was Jumbo Jets. Removed for Avalanche Run. Avalanche Run was converted to "Dispatch Master Transport/Disaster Transport.

It was cool that Maverick recycled the White Water Landing building. You can still see pthe circular moving platform pattern replaced by concrete if you look close enough.

For a non-coaster, I miss Earthquake the most.

#66 7 years ago

For me the arcade(s) was something to look forward to every May back in the 80s.
    There was always something new to discover in them.

I miss the Demon Drop. More exactly, I miss the days when the Demon Drop was the newest ride.
    I think it was installed in the 2nd year I went, so it was my first experience at a new ride.
    The excitement of waiting in line for something few people had experienced.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

I rode it when it was new, and I remember it well. Holy *crap* was I pissed that they'd torn down the Fun House for that abomination. It's honestly hard for me to understand how anyone involved with the conception or construction of that ride is even remotely employable today. It's proof that when they screw up, they screw up *hard*. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Again: inexcusably awful. I'd be hard-pressed not to describe it as "unredemptive".

you guys do know that DT, was just an overhaul of the original Avalance Run, right? not very expensive to do, they really just enclosed the track with a square boxy building and added all kinds of smoke, fog, lasers and AC... so yes, it was very good for a brief cool down period.

ill take the blue streak over the mean streak any day of the week. mean streak literally ruins your body, at least you can enjoy the blue streak. the cedar creek mine ride is fun to sit there as another pinsider said, and just laugh the entire time. that is the one coaster we get away with recording on our cell phones (or video cameras back in the day) while we ride!!! love me some Cedar Point.

my 2 favorites, are maverick and magnum. still the two best in my book!

as for the fruit juice drinks in the plastic fruit cups, I remember back in the day collecting a ton of old empties, and taking them home and making camping lights for the outdoor camper... remember those? when you hung those lights outside on your awnings!!?? oh the memories...

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from MarkInc:

I miss the Demon Drop.

I miss the Demon Drop too. I loved parking out in the parking lot and hearing the rickety noises that thing made and the screams that came from the riders. It was cool. I also miss the rickety feel of it. It felt like you were on some cantankerous contraption. Getting to the top and looking way down at the short run-out and stop area was rather startling too, LOL. I know that the Power Tower is taller and smoother, and shoots you up as well as down, but it's just not as fun to me as the Demon Drop.

I miss the Wild Cat too. Not because it was huge and super exciting. It was the second roller coaster I rode in my life (Mine Ride was the first) with my Grandfather way back in the 80's. I always liked to ride the Mine Ride and the Wild Cat just to reminisce. Sadly, I can't do that with the Wild Cat anymore. I know that smaller and simple coasters like the Wild Cat, Mine Ride, Iron Dragon, Blue Streak, and Cork Screw pretty much suck for modern day thrill seekers, but they're good starter coasters for kids who don't want to jump straight onto something like the Magnum or Millennium Force, so I hope CP keeps some smaller and simpler stuff around for the kids.

#69 7 years ago

Anybody who has already gone to the park this year, did you notice about what percentage of patrons had fastlane passes? Also, whereabouts is the new ride located? My boss went to CP when Gatekeeper was new, I think three years ago. He stayed at Breakers specifically to gain early entry to the park, only to discover that the only ride running during early entry was the Gatekeeper. All the people in the park were in line for it and he got stuck with an hour plus wait anyway.

I'm trying to weigh fastlane vs. fastlane plus, ideally Valraven is right next to Maverick so it might be possible to hit those and then rely on the cheaper fastlane for the rest. I remember waiting three hours for Millennium force when it was new, that's like almost half the day for one ride.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from mamawaldee:

Valraven is right next to Maverick

Actually, they're a good distance apart.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from mamawaldee:

Anybody who has already gone to the park this year, did you notice about what percentage of patrons had fastlane passes? Also, whereabouts is the new ride located?
    I'm trying to weigh fastlane vs. fastlane plus, ideally Valraven is right next to Maverick so it might be possible to hit those and then rely on the cheaper fastlane for the rest. I remember waiting three hours for Millennium force when it was new, that's like almost half the day for one ride.

Percentage: Couldn't really guess a percentage, but it was obviously very few -- as we barely waited in the Fast Pass lane. On most of the rides where we had the fast pass, we walked all the way up to the "merge" point. Only at Valravn did we have any wait in the Fast Pass lane, and it was less than 10 minutes.

Whereabouts: The entrance to Valravn is right next to Blue Streak, which is tucked away behind/past Raptor. Enter the park and stay left. It's not even close to Maverick, as you'd stated -- Maverick is wayyy in the back; Valravn is close to the front.

Weighing Fast Lane vs Fast Lane Plus: Since FLPlus is valid on Maverick, Gatekeeper, Dragster, and Valravn, (four of the "big name" rides), and since you can enter as many times as you want (i.e., it's not limited to one "entry" per ride), IMO it's definitely worth the extra $20 to go from FL to FLP. Even though Dragster was down the day I went, we still rode Maverick twice, Valravn twice, and Gatekeeper once, and EASILY saved ourselves an 1-2 hours of wait each time. Spoke to kids at the 'merge point' for Maverick, who said they'd been waiting 1:20 up to that point, where we just walked right on.

Just my $0.02. Note: I'm not a regular at this park -- last Monday was the first and only time I've ever been there.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from MarkInc:

I miss the Demon Drop.

If you go the the Allentown show, you can still ride it at nearby Dorney Park, which is where it got moved to. https://www.dorneypark.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/Demon-Drop

The thing I miss most at Cedar Point are the colored string bracelets secured with metal snaps that they would issue upon entering the park. Oh, and the Jumbo Jet.

#73 7 years ago

Since the thread has devolved into just bantering about CP, I'll throw this in: I really wish parks like CP would go back to a pay per ride model like the early days. If you take what a gate ticket is and divide it by how many rides you get on in an average day - most people would be surprised at what they're paying per ride as is. If they made their money based on ridership, they'd have a massive incentive to work on throughput. Whether that means paying attendants bonuses based on throughput goals, or hiring more people to facilitate faster load/unload times -- either is good for the guests. All too often the ride attendants are zombie walking through their day which slows everything down even worse, and CP doesn't care because you only paid to get in the door.

I mean, hey hey, old pinball in the main building is fun times. DING DING.

#74 7 years ago

The times I have been there "Dragster" was down.
    Demon dropped would go down at some point in the day.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

The times I have been there "Dragster" was down.
    Demon dropped would go down at some point in the day.

Iron dragon was boring unless you were in the very front.

Show my age does anyone remember the double Ferris Wheel?

#76 7 years ago

Unfortunately, Valravn and Maverick are very far apart, even though it may not appear that way on a park map.

For regular ticket folks (with or without fastlane), what we did was pull in the front parking lot, disregard the traffic guys directions, and got the best spot we could as far left in the lot as possible. We actually didnt use the main entrance. We walked along the road that goes around the park by the marina, and we went in the entrance the employees and marina folks use (also by Famous Daves and Bay Harbor restaurant). That is why we parked as far left in the lot as possible, so it was a shorter walk.

That entrance is a regular entrance with regular entry procdures. Nothing special about it. Also, it is completely reconditioned thanks to the new ride and new midway connector path. It is the closest entrance to valravn. All you do is walk in and turn right.

Just a quick note: if you ride valravn first, head further back in the park after your ride. The blue streak and raptor were packed after we got done on valravn.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Yep, the Sky Wheel.

#78 7 years ago

I grew up in Bowling Green, OH which is less than an hour from Sandusky. CP was our "home" park. As a small kid, I was too young for the Jumbo Jet. Enjoyed Earthquake and the Haunted House. As I got older, I rode The Rotor and Wildcat and always enjoyed the skeletons scenes on the train ride. In 6th grade, I was one of the crossing guards and we were rewarded with a May 1977 trip to CP but I was too chicken to ride the new Corkscrew. Just as 7th grade let out in '78, took a school sponsored trip and rode the new Gemini. Boy, was it FAST back then and the decapitation hill was a blast...rode it many times that day but now it is PAINFULLY slow. Senior skip day in May 1983 was memorial for the first and only time I puked after a roller coaster. I had just eaten a hamburger near the Gemini and after walking off the MINE RIDE, blew chunks over the exit railing.

During college, got the opportunity to visit Kings Island north of Cincinnati. The Bat was gone but The Beast, Racer and King Cobra were cool. Noticed that there was graffiti and gum stuck everywhere in KI compared to how clean CP appeared. Settled down near Cincinnati and KI became the home park. KI has always taken a backseat to CP in the coaster department and it is nice to get back to CP every few years or so. 2014 is the last time we have been back and IMHO, Millennium Force and Maverick are the best coasters in the park. Mean Streak needs to be torn down. It has been rough since the early 90's.

#79 7 years ago

Amzing how small the Blue Streak looks now.... That line used to almost reach the midway back in the 60's. The Pirate ride, Log Ride in the " brand new" Frontierland and the Rocket ride next to the B Streak were my favorites.

#80 7 years ago

Today the trill of the Blue Streak is that it is so old it may collapse underneath you.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

The thing I miss most at Cedar Point are the colored string bracelets secured with metal snaps that they would issue upon entering the park. Oh, and the Jumbo Jet.

But you only got one with a Funday all rides included admission. $5.95 for adults, $4.45 for kids in 1970. A buck less with discount ticket from Gulf gas stations (8 gallons minimum purchase required). General admission was $1.95 IIRC and included all shows , Sky Ride, Frontier Lift and CP & LE RR. Individual ride tickets were sold in booths throughout the park.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Today the trill of the Blue Streak is that it is so old it may collapse underneath you.

The Blue Streak was and still would be great if they would get rid of the individual restraint bars. It used to be one seat belt and one straight lock down bar for both people. Riding as a kid with my larger uncle....holy hell you talk about getting air!

I grew up in Sandusky. I'd like to thank you all for the cluster fuck route 250 is and the higher gas and food prices during the summer months

#83 7 years ago

I agree about those orange restraint bars. They are a little rough on an already tough couple of rides (blue streak and mean streak).

I have found that if you sit up a bit, hold on losely, and embrace the rides bumps, theyre not as bad. I love the track layout and the design of mean streak, but I almost stopped riding it because of the roughness. I found the more i resisted and the tighter i held on, the worse it was. Just my experience, but the adjustments saved the ride for me.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from frankie898:

mean streak, but I almost stopped riding it because of the roughness.

I agree that Mean Streak is a lot rougher than any other ride in the park, but:
    1) Approximately three years ago, CP expended considerable effort to smooth out the ride. It's not great, but it became significantly better than it was before. If you look carefully, you can see some places where there is new timber and where brakes were added in certain locations during the ride.
    2) Compared to other wood coasters, Mean Streak is "average" roughness in my book. I've certainly ridden other wood coasters in other parks that are critically acclaimed (such as at Knoebels or Kings Island), but rougher than Mean Streak.
    3) Mean Streak never has a line longer than 5 minutes.

1 week later
    #85 7 years ago

Knoebels still has the single bar on one of their wooden coaster. I know from going 2 years ago. Part of the fun wa holding mu.8 year old down whole he was having a great time getting air but wife in the next car behind was so nervous. He weights about a 100 pounds and me 330 and 6 foot. The Twister is an excellent coaster at that park in PA. Back to CP bit love the feel and look of Knoebels.

#86 7 years ago

@doughslingers I find riding Phoenix at Knoebels more terrifying than riding Mellenium Force at Cedar Point for that reason. Sure, Mellenium Force has a 300 foot drop, but any fear of injury is essentially irrational. Fear of injury on Phoenix might actually be rational.

I just got back from a trip to CP using FastLane. I still think it is totally worth it. A 90 minute wait for Valravn was reduced to 20 minutes. Maverick FastLane access was improved by moving the FastLane to the loading platform rather than merging at the bottom of the stairs. Best of all, we had time to partake in the Beer&BBQ special event since we had already ridden everything we wanted at least once by dinner time.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

my 2 favorites, are maverick and magnum. still the two best in my book!

Love the Magnum though I do, it's a maximum of one ride for me on it now. That thing, as *terrific* a ride as it is, has not endured the ravages of time well *at all*. It is now a physical *pain* to ride. If they'd simply redo the seating/securing of the passengers, it would once again be marvelous. As it stands? I love the way it *used to be*...but I just can't put my body through that one more than once.

Even Mean Streak doesn't hurt me the way that one does.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I believe you meant to say "Iron Dragon was boring if you had a pulse."

I got chastised for "fixing" a quote from someone else before, so I'm doing it the "right" way, here.

#89 7 years ago

Mean Streak needs to either come down, or get the Texas Giant treatment by Rocky Mountain Coaster. CP really needs a top rate wooden coaster and it doesn't have one. Blue Streak is still a better wooden coaster than Mean Streak.

On a separate note, I was at Dollywood last week and got to ride RMC's Lightning Rod before it officially opened. I don't consider those true wooden coasters, but holy crap is that a great ride! Airtime like you wouldn't believe! Dollywood doesn't have a ton of coasters, but what they have are pretty good, and Lightning Rod is a great coaster.

#90 7 years ago

Last time I went they had Revenge from Mars halfway between the front and back of the arcade. I didn't see it until I was walking out. Do they not have it anymore?

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

I just got back from a trip to CP using FastLane. I still think it is totally worth it. A 90 minute wait for Valravn was reduced to 20 minutes. Maverick FastLane access was improved by moving the FastLane to the loading platform rather than merging at the bottom of the stairs. Best of all, we had time to partake in the Beer&BBQ special event since we had already ridden everything we wanted at least once by dinner time.

Did you go on a weekend? My experience thus far (with only two sample points) is going on Saturday with regular Fastlane is 500 times better than going on a weekday with Fastlane-plus.

#92 7 years ago

I did Fast lane last Tuesday. The lines were not insane, but Maverick and Millennium Force had 45 minute lines by the middle of the day.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

CP really needs a top rate wooden coaster and it doesn't have one.

At coaster enthusiast events, CP gets this comment all the time. Their response has been consistent: no more wood coasters ever.

I can't say I blame them. After dealing with Son of Beast at Kings Island and the constant headaches (literally and figuratively) of Mean Streak, wood coasters probably make a pretty poor business case while a B&M coaster just keeps chugging along with minimal upkeep. No surprise that the last two new coasters were both B&M steel coasters.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

At coaster enthusiast events, CP gets this comment all the time. Their response has been consistent: no more wood coasters ever.
    I can't say I blame them. After dealing with Son of Beast at Kings Island and the constant headaches (literally and figuratively) of Mean Streak, wood coasters probably make a pretty poor business case while a B&M coaster just keeps chugging along with minimal upkeep. No surprise that the last two new coasters were both B&M steel coasters.

It's not like people are not going to go to CP due to lack of a good woodie, I'd just like to see "America's roller coast" have it all. Mean Streak takes up a lot of their valuable real estate for such a bad ride. I can't think of any B&M coaster that I've hated, they're like pizza or sex, all pretty good, but I do like a good woodie now and then. Pun intended.

I don't know if RMC can polish the turd that is Mean Streak, but I'd like to see them try.

#95 7 years ago

Good to read these posts - I plan on going soon. I love the arcade - lots of vids from the past still up and running.

I highly recommend staying overnight at the Breakers hotel. That 1-hour "open early" time for the big rides is a great perk! If you have kids, having the hotel room to decompress and relax is nice too.

1 week later
    #96 7 years ago

Pics from the arcade...

2016-06-23_17.18.30_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.18.30_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.18.44_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.18.44_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.18.38_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.18.38_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.18.51_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.18.51_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.18.56_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.18.56_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.19.01_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.19.01_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.19.07_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.19.07_(resized).jpg

2016-06-23_17.19.14_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_17.19.14_(resized).jpg

#97 7 years ago

I recently bought a magnotron which I was told was at the Cedar Point arcade in the 70's / early 80's. I've got nothing to back up that claim other than the guy i bought it from said he was friends with the repair guy back then, and it's been in his basement for over 30 years till now. So what the heck...maybe here's a piece of CP history.

20160124_140825_(resized).jpg20160124_140825_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #98 7 years ago

12 hours riding coasters yesterday. Great time. My mom lives in Sandusky and worked there as a kid. Lines not terrible. Rode valvaryn first and it did take 1.5 hours but rode most other rides were pretty short. Millennium force was maybe 40 minutes the first time but by cel ending was maybe 10 minutes. Blame for dragster. Raptor, gateway, rogarou, Gemini, iron dragon, Mean Streak, Magnum all were walk on by evening. Raptor at its height was maybe 45 minutes but I literally walked right on.

Spent zero time in the arcade but rode a bunch! Also, on the cedar point app toucan buy a souvenir cup which gets you drinks all day for $11 (15 if bought in the park). Very highly recommended to stay hydrated. Probably had that thing filled 20-30 times as I shared it with my sons. Also, buy tickets with the app. Good savings.

Lastly, starting tomorrow I think prices are only $30 for the next week!!!! Huge savings. Makes buying the fast pass more "reasonable". I didn't have one and didn't miss it but I can see the benefit. I just wasn't willing to spend another $300 on top of the gate passes I bought.

Anyhow, enjoy!

1 week later
    #99 7 years ago

Bumping this, we are going in a month for my son's 18th birthday. He's moving away to college so one last fun thing to do as a family. I haven't been there since this new line cutter thing. It sounds like it may be worth it. Gemini was one of my favorites because there was virtually no wait, and it's a lot of fun. Todd

#100 7 years ago

If youre coming in from out of town, get it. You want to get the full experience of the park. If you need any park advice, we have alot of people familiar with the park in this thread. Feel free to ask away.

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cedar-point-2016-pin-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.