(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

as JFH stated before, people will cancel orders when full payments are due as well. MMr sold out in seconds and by the time they were shipping they had stock waiting to be paid for. Lots of people get in but then never poney up the cash when it is time. Now I'm not saying half the units will be available, but if there is a waiting list get on it.

My distributor says they don't even know their allotment yet so can't say if you get an LE or not and I have been on the radar for months. looks like CGC is dropping the ball with the distributors and not being as forthcoming as they should be.

Lets hope as you say a bunch drop off the list when it comes actual time to pay. It would be nice if those of us that have bought LE's in the past can at least get on the top of the list as a loyalty thing.

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think my MMRLE, MBRLE, and AFMRLE deposits were all technically non refundable. Zero chance I would put down a $500 non refundable deposit on an SE, and then wait 4-8 months for CGC to deliver....I would be patient and wait it out until distributors have them in stock. There will be dozens for sale.

If we are guaranteed and LE no problem take my $1000.00 non-refundable deposit and I have no problem on waiting. It's just how can they roll out the product and not give the distributors the allotment #'s in either category. Please take my $$$$ lol

#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Beyond just an integrity check, CGC will have to decide if the revenue earned from the sell of the toppers will be offset by the cost of lost future LE sales to the collectors/FOMO susceptible, as well as any net loss in customer satisfaction/goodwill.

Are you kidding me?? We are all lined up like lemmings ready to jump as soon as they say hey we have the next game and please take our $$$$.

What I was told by my distributor is that the richy rich guys who buy ALL the LE's from all the manufacturer's get first dibs on this one as well even though i was on the radar as soon as the next CGC game was rumored. I can only afford to buy a NIB about once every couple years and counted myself lucky to get a MBrLE and a MMRE but alas not a CCrLE.

What has become apparent, is that pinball is now becoming the playground for the well healed, if you dare want to buy an LE or anything the least bit desirable, and loyalty to brand is out the window.

Just like everything now , it's who know, who you blow and deep pockets rule

#2507 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

As publicly announced at launch, we have not decided if we will sell the Wild West Shootout Topper separately. I have had related discussions with most of our dealers and a number of customers. I will provide a clear answer on topper sales within the next two days. I fully recognize either decision will result in a number of people being upset.
Resale value of our games is important to us which is why we haven’t released LE features on previous projects. This is the first time an LE feature has affected the experience of game play which is why this decision requires additional consideration.
We work hard to deliver great product at fair prices to people that love pinball. I am troubled by scalpers and a few dealers holding back inventory to later sell at a higher price. In the future, we will do a better job getting LEs to loyal customers at intended prices. A number of your suggestions were helpful and will be used.
It takes great effort and a large amount of capital to develop and manufacture pinball machines. Many days of my life and the lives of all of our team members went into this project. We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the additional time to make this game to the very best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent. Because we have expended the effort and risk the capital we are afforded the right to make decisions on how we sell our products.
I appreciate having the opportunity to read most everyone’s opinion on both sides, it has been helpful. I need to disregard the few posts that border on bullying as I believe they are not representative of the pinball community.

Thanks for the update and CGC's consideration for all of us able to purchase fantastic products at an affordable price. This is what makes people want to purchase again and again.

As stated in a previous post I consider myself EXTREMLY FORTUNATE to have been able to purchase the last couple of releases and will ultimately buy this one even though I won't get a topper. "It is what it is" as they say. All that being said I sure as hell didn't begrudge the guys that had MMr's from the original runs getting a topper to complete their games when i bought my MMRE.

So if CGC is at all considering the topper as an add on for the regular game kudo's to the team and bring it on

#2629 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The website clearly said the topper is exclusive to the LE. Of course they're backpedaling now that they see how much money they can make from selling it separately. I think the entire LE business model is terrible, but if you're going to play on people's FOMO, don't immediately burn them by offering the exclusive items separately after you sell out of LEs. That's adding insult to injury... And bringing up Robert Mueller's name for cover is pretty tasteless. It's like saying "sure we misled you but at least we're not the worst in the industry... Remember Robert Mueller?"
Pretty classless all around.</blo

The website clearly said the topper is exclusive to the LE. Of course they're backpedaling now that they see how much money they can make from selling it separately. I think the entire LE business model is terrible, but if you're going to play on people's FOMO, don't immediately burn them by offering the exclusive items separately after you sell out of LEs. That's adding insult to injury... And bringing up Robert Mueller's name for cover is pretty tasteless. It's like saying "sure we misled you but at least we're not the worst in the industry... Remember Robert Mueller?"
Pretty classless all around.

[Removed] - how CGC decides to run their busines is their business and its about making $$$ so why leave shit tons on the table to please a few - obviously your an "i got me an LE guy"

CGC builds a great product, so yes, if a few LE buyers get pissed there are more lined up to take their place this run and next run for sure

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think there's over 1000 buyers here, each spending close to ten grand.

yes and another 2K that are willing - do the math - plus the LE guys still get a bunch of other extras so it still sets them apart

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

LE adds a lot more than just a topper. You also get these things on a LE:
POWDER COATING LEGS/RAILS/LD BAR
BIGGER WARRANTY
INTERIOR ART BLADES
WOOD ARCH
TRAIN TRACKS
MINE CART
SHAKER MOTOR
LE SERIAL NUMBER

My point exactly!! the topper is only one portion of the LE

#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I see a bunch of LE buyers upset because this is not what they agreed to (which is understandable)…this was really the only option CGC could have done though for their business model. Granted they could have planned better but if anyone caught their Expo presentation—-planning is not what they do best. I mean who shows up late for a presentation! SE buyers feel great now which they should. CGC should throw a bone to LE buyers now….1/2 Lyman code, inviglass included, knocker with added gunshot code, mirrored backglass (I’m not saying all the above just one thing) so the LE buyers feel some extra love. Even in that case I’ll sure someone would be mad but a thought

Throw them a bone are you kidding I called my distributor and emailed months ago to be on the "list" and was told there is no "list" then when the game is revealed called same day to only be told they hadn't gotten any allocation and that they would look after their regular LE buyers who wanted one first.

So basically they are catering to the richy riches that can afford to buy every NIB LE that comes out and screw the guy that can only afford to buy the odd one here and there.

This looks good on all of them I just wish we had a better distributor in my area that was a little more transparent and looked after all their customers the same.

#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

And some distributors took advantage of that.

They sure did - mine basically fucked me over by saying there was never any list even though I showed interest months and months ago and had bought the last 2 CGC LE's as I love the product and quality.

I was basically told screw you, you don't buy enough from us so you are way down the list. At least those of you in the USA have multiple distributors but we in many other countries are stuck with one or maybe two we can only deal with.

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So you get a better deal then everybody else and are still complaining?
Maybe it´s time to stop this LE nonsense for spoiled people?
To my experience such people will never be satisfied anyway.

You can just read thru this thread and see that most of the guys doing the complaining are self entitled a-holes that claim to make all kinds of $$$, say they are the greatest ( I have a Centurion card don't you know ) to stroke their overblown ego's and still want their precious to hold or make them even more $$$.

We should all practice gratitude rather than attitude

I am betting most will put a handful of games on them and then just look at their shinny bauble rather than enjoy the fun aspect of trying to get a high score etc. that makes this such a great hobby.

Then you have the speculator/flipper that just got a bit burnt on what they thought could make some quick $$$, so for that, we should all be grateful. The speculation is an unhealthy and recent trend that is just driving prices up all over.

In the end it's pinball we should ALL count ourselves lucky we can enjoy such a great hobby

#3633 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Nothing like sweeping generalizations that you don’t know are true and calling real people you’ve never met “self entitled a-holes.” Not a good look.

The trouble is if you are specific to an individual it just gets you kicked out of the thread. The ones that deserve the title know who they are

#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

"Hi. Let me insult you and then tell you how great it is to be a nice guy like ME."

I am not saying I am nice - I am as big an asshole as most

#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

LYMAN!! I am passing on to you the request from iceman44 that this game now needs a “Pineapple” mode!!

yea how about an interactive thing where we shoot pineapples of the fence posts or something

2 months later
#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:I have an LE on order, and I have great news for you. I have AN UPDATE:
You will get your game when it's made. CGC always does this. It's happened with every game. I am not lying. Posting here over and over and over and over and over and over and ... I think you get the point -- won't change anything. .

Who cares about an update just be HAPPY your getting the best quality pin on the market. Good things take time.

From a business standpoint do you not think CGC would be shipping if they could ? They will have millions of $$$ tied up in materials that they need to re-coup so it is in their own best interest to ship as soon as they can.

Come on guys we are all adults not little kids - suck it up and be patient

#4982 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I’m hoping they do another run of AFM

yes i would love that if they do a Martians rule the world edition

2 weeks later
#5178 2 years ago

I know we are all waiting some sort of update but I am ok with that as we will get it at some point.

The nice thing is, and I believe someone else commented on this, is that the playfields should be well cured by the time the game ships

I know when I got my MBLE it was not long after production and the playfield dimpled a lot.

When I got me MMRE it sat for a fair bit due to the start of covid and the playfield still looks like with new nary a dimple on it.

1 year later
#6624 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's a very noticeable upgrade when it's sitting next to a game with a translight. Off or on, very big difference.

Just see this thread is active again...lol

In regards to the mirrored backglass i find it more noticeable when the game is off you get the shine of the mirror showing thru. Looks great!! is it worth the $$$ meh but we all spend on worse things i am sure

#6638 9 months ago

Hey Guys,
I think someone posted this already but after i gave my CCLE an HONEST review we only need 2 more to make it part of the top 100 listing......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (Firm)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.