(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this announcement is past its expiry date and by the time it comes out it better be good or it will be a total flop.

I think it is fair to say any game done poorly will be a flop .

No way CCr will be a flop. They will sell out the LE's very quickly. It will be interesting to me how much code they add to the game. I think that may be a tell on their future plans. There are several B/W titles that are stunning games that with improved code will be hits for CGC. Imagine TOM, CV, TOTAN,CP, Who Dunn it, with more state of the art code. High Speed Getaway with updated code and music would be a winner as well.

Imagine Fun House with DOTs and updated code. Way too many non licensed titles that they can be creative with and do what they want.

I also agree with the CGC hi level of quality and customer service. I have a MB from them that is stunning and a real nice face lift to the original. I like the flipper feel on it as well .

2 weeks later
#663 2 years ago

Will be one of those situations where a collector pays a multiple of 1000 dollars for basically the interactive topper. If CGC is consistent with its approach to MBr, the differences tween SE and LE where topper, trim color, shaker, mirror blades and the plasma disk. The trim on the lock down bar also has the cool engraved plate. So one could upgrade their SE to an LE except the topper and the Topper and the lock down plate.

The big draw for me on this title is the enhanced code. A lot one could do with the play field above the original code. will be interesting to see how this turns out price wise.

4 weeks later
#1950 2 years ago

So, I was lucky enough to be on two distributors final lists. I put my name on the lists in June/July I believe. Not sure exactly, but it was a few months ago. Took me about a second to decide NOT to get greedy and buy both games. Just notified Sara to take me off her list and got a super nice email back from her thanking me for notifying her accordingly.

Not sure why people think CGC will gouge price the Lyman update. They came in under every prediction I saw for final prices for CCr. I will guess 199 to 299 bucks for the update. Seems more in line to me for their type of pricing strategy assuming no extra hardware is needed. They do need to pay Lyman for his time .

#2521 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Are you kidding me?? We are all lined up like lemmings ready to jump as soon as they say hey we have the next game and please take our $$$$.
What I was told by my distributor is that the richy rich guys who buy ALL the LE's from all the manufacturer's get first dibs on this one as well even though i was on the radar as soon as the next CGC game was rumored. I can only afford to buy a NIB about once every couple years and counted myself lucky to get a MBrLE and a MMRE but alas not a CCrLE.
What has become apparent, is that pinball is now becoming the playground for the well healed, if you dare want to buy an LE or anything the least bit desirable, and loyalty to brand is out the window.
Just like everything now , it's who know, who you blow and deep pockets rule

Really!!

Two to three months ago when it was apparent that CCr was a reality I started calling around and put my name on lists. Had a pretty good idea what a CC would play like and loved my MBrLE. Nothing more than that. People have been doing that for years.
Not a single distributor I contacted knew who I was or asked to see a W2, bank statement or net worth calculation. I ended up getting notified by two distributors after LE announcement that I was on their lists after they knew their allotments. Told one I was good and the other to take me off their list so someone else could get one.
Had absolutely nothing to do with what you are saying

#3277 2 years ago

LOL, imagine what this whole CCr situation would have looked like if CGC re released an Addams Family version instead. The pinball community would just completely melt down if the LE model was a re do of the Addams Gold pin. Certificates and all .

#3459 2 years ago

There are clearly two sides here and if looked at objectively , both sides have a point when looking at the literature and Ryan talks.

Since Avatar LE by Stern was announced ,buyers have complained that the rules have changed after the fact and That they have been screwed. One can see multiple times where a manufacturer puts out a newer model with features not on the originals.

The Stern VE’s are one example, the multiple lives of WOZ is another. The recent Elvira release is another case in point. No one should be surprised that CGC reacted to the market demand. It has happened many times before.
The recent LE boom is a change in market conditions that was not present just like two years ago. LE prices on re sale were depreciating a bit. I was glad to break even on several of them. The manufacturers are seeing this change also and try to react like any business would to changing demand.

So at this point one needs to ask themselves as an LE buyer, if given the choice buy the LE or the SE plus for the same price, which would you purchase? Pretty sure it would be the LE in most cases I would bet. I feel that way anyhow .

#3584 2 years ago

Wow,

The dots look great, the gun metal trim is an outstanding selection and got to admit the wood apron is the boss.

So pumped.!!!

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

Hey Doug
Sins we have you here explaining the playfields. How come that the Monsterbash playfield get so much dimplings and not the other remakes?

I have an MBr that sat in the box for a year or so prior to my opening it up. No dimpling. Maybe a cure issue?

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just curious - why?
I can’t imagine having that level of patience. The anticipation would do me in.

Opened the game when I bought it. The game iwas actually dusty. Checked the build date and it was about one year prior to my opening it up. Must have sat somewhere over that time frame.

2 weeks later
#4163 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Here is the summary I posted in the owner’s thread:
LoserKid Pinball Podcast talks with Josh Sharpe about the additional code package they are developing for Cactus Canyon Remake in the first half of this episode:
https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-73-big-bad-bart-with-josh-sharpe
Some highlights:
Josh had already been working on the CCr project for a few years and was surprised when CGC made the announcement that Lyman was coming on board. He sends ideas and comments but Lyman’s doing all the work.
CGC had a 100+ page design document for CCr and a big part was how should the game should be finished. Since it was a remake of a 90’s game they felt it was important to keep the “Williams charm” and focus on story and entertainment to create an emotional connection quickly with a wide demographic of players rather than cater primarily to a top tier of tournament players.
It sounds like the Lyman/Josh package will be an extension of existing game play using the world of Cactus Canyon and not a whole new game. They spoke at length to members of the original design team to get an idea of what they had in mind, with Eric on what he had done with Continued and were surprised at how much unused sound and speech there was in the original ROMs. They spent a lot of time getting backstory on the characters and doing a deep dive on the artwork to be able to draw the story into the rules.
Josh compared the software project as putting together a puzzle to complete the game and comparing it to a tree where the Williams code is the tree trunk, the CGC enhanced code added branches with Lyman’s package adding every leaf possible. There is new music and the possibility of additional speech being by the original talent though nothing has been recorded yet. The optional package will be a complete vision rather than a series of incremental releases like we have seen with Stern over time.
Josh was a bit coy when asked if the new code would add code for the topper noting that it was already very well integrated into the CGC code base. Turns out the topper was Doug Duba’s idea.
An interesting listen. Josh talks more about process and vision to truly complete Cactus Canyon rather than specifics of new game play. Worth the time if you like that kind of stuff.

Thanks for posting. An interesting listen on how the game was developed over the last few years. It is cool to hear a true insider describe the process they were/are going through to develop this game then people who are drawing conclusions based on something they read on the internet.

I like the idea of tree trunk/branch/rich full foliage /leaves for the design code. I for one do not want CCr to be turned into a BM66 or an Elvira3 but rather the fullest version of the original design. It is cool to hear how much original material was available on the ROMs..

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Pintastic CGC with Ryan White discussion.

Thanks for posting! My takeaways

Ryan specifically said:

We will be able to access three codes in the game. 1) the original code from 1998. 2) the "enhanced code" , CGC developed for the upcoming release and eventually the optional Lyman code. All three codes will be selectable in the menu settings

He explained what CGC did to enhance/update the code for the upcoming release.

Lyman is on a contract for CCr only at this time. All parties will go from there as to future projects.

CGC now has 4 projects in the pipe line (now that CCR has been announced. A with will be adde to the pipeline.

5 months later
#6273 1 year ago

As far as alternate trans lights it is a case by case/personal taste situation. I have them in TS,STTNG, ST and Brian's in White Water. For the record, I like all Brian's work, but his art does not fit for me in every head box situation. In the case of WW , for me, it works great. The trans light really pops and does not clash with the rest of the game. I did not get the ones for MM or AFM because for some reason they do not fit my eye in the head box.

His work on CCr is outstanding and if I had gotten the SE, it would be in my back box along with the side blades. World under glass. As I am lucky to have the LE coming, I will keep it original , I believe with the mirrored back glass (fingers crossed) it will stay that way. I could be tempted to buy Brian's CCr if it is available down the road however. I really like it!

5 months later
#6527 1 year ago

Yes Virginia! It will be a Merry Christmas !

Saloon doors as well .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=sulli10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.