(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 2 years ago

PPS is taking names for CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

#373 2 years ago

A couple of things:

Quoted from bankmansam:

I think PPS ( Rick ) is being clear. He say we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, Clearly Rick kept CGC from showing the game at Southern Fried Game. The old company Williams wants nothing to do with pinball.

- PPS is the licensee for these games, they are made under our license in collaboration with CGC, we work with CGC thru the life of the game and we are the initial approver for the game.
- PPS/Rick did NOT keep CGC from showing the games ... at all.
- The 'old' company (Scientific Games > WMS) is very involved in digital pinball, home virtual pinball, we are the only licensee for physical pinball and they very much are aware of what we are doing and have confidence such that they don't need to be very much involved. They are also the final approver of the games (Haggis games, CGC games, etc), so "wants nothing to do with pinball" is misleading. In fact they were very constructive and supportive for doing BKSOR with Stern, which was fairly recent.

Planetary Pinball

4 weeks later
#649 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

anyone know any distros that might have an LE left?

I believe we still have some slots left ... email [email protected] ... but we are close to being out of what we expect to have available as far as LE's go.

2 weeks later
#807 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Lmao. Comedy gold right there…
You…were kidding, right?

I think he is serious ... exposing the seedier side of pinball.

1 week later
#1145 2 years ago

We have a CCR here in Sparks/Reno and will put on 'Location' I expect within a week or so.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No, I should have. Didn't really think was was going to want an LE and just get the SE, till now. Probolly too last for PPS.

Never say never ... best to get on the list and if we see that everyone is on 10 different reseller list then things can open up ... contact [email protected]

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Does the LE come with HD / anti-reflective glass? Have any previous CGC games included it? I don’t see it listed on their matrix.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon

It does not as best I know. No previous CGC games have had the glass. The HD glass seems to be in short supply (as is most anything these days).

#2205 2 years ago

PPS are now also taking deposits for the Cactus Canyon Remake SE on the site ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-CCR-SE

As everyone hopes that CGC (and we hope as well) makes the Topper available for the SE, if it does, then we will offer to upgrade you to have the topper (would be priced separately or additionally).

CCR-SE (resized).jpgCCR-SE (resized).jpg
#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

CCR-1253 LE - invoiced and paid. I assume I am #53 on planetary's list.

The invoice number or sales order number was just how they are entered, and doesn't match the order of priority .. that is a different field that gets sorted ... fyi

#2326 2 years ago

CGC has indicates that LE's will 'start' shipping in January ... depending on allocation rotation, where customers are on any list, etc, your mileage may vary greatly on when you receive your game ... just setting expectations!

Quoted from Hop721:

My deposit email from PPS said LE shipping in January.

#2386 2 years ago

A riddle for our West Coast friends! First one to figure it out gets a prize!

BOX (resized).jpgBOX (resized).jpgBYEBYE (resized).jpgBYEBYE (resized).jpg76 (resized).jpg76 (resized).jpgWHEN (resized).jpgWHEN (resized).jpg

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's a long shot, but my guess is 76 boxes of CC have left the factory and are on route to you today?

Consolation award for dreaming big ... but dreaming nevertheless ...

#2393 2 years ago

Some additional Hints ...

- CC = Cactus Canyon, P0007 = Pre-Production Unit 7
- Machine in Truck going from a Warehouse location to somewhere ... but where?
- 76 is not Union 76 ... it's the name of the newest Arcade Bar in Reno, NV - PLAYFIELD 76 in downtown
- 6:27PM NOV 3 IS ... TODAY ...

SO, if you put them all together ...

PPS's Cactus Canyon Remake (Approval Game Pre-Productinon unit) #0007 is now up for everyone to play at Playfield 76 Arcade Bar in Downtown Reno! So for anyone in the area, drop on by and you can see and play the game as well as experience one of the best toppers ever in person ... RIGHT NOW! (happened 45 mins earlier that we had thought).

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Dayum, I was just about to say that...LOL

Woulda Shoulda Coulda ...

#2399 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon Remake in the Wild West of Nevada - Playfield 76 150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV

25879 (resized).jpeg25879 (resized).jpeg25880 (resized).jpeg25880 (resized).jpeg25881 (resized).jpeg25881 (resized).jpeg25885 (resized).jpeg25885 (resized).jpeg25889 (resized).jpeg25889 (resized).jpeg
#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Do these prototypes count as an official LE or just have the same qualities but isn’t counted in the 1250
Pretty Cool !!

They are pre-production games, so no they don't count as LE's, etc. They are made with CGC production parts and assemblies, but the final final game might have some tweaks, and final versions of things ... example the game in Reno does not have the gunmetal trim as they had just hashed out which color - so we will get them shipped to us when they come in. There are some other nuances, but otherwise it's a true CCR.

#2815 2 years ago

Around 1:55 of the video is the shootout ...

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Planetary seems to suggest November
NEW MODEL!! NOV 6- SPECIAL EDITION + TOPPER! CCR SE+ / CCR-SE-PLUS What everyone was waiting for! These are confirmed thru PPS
This is for a DEPOSIT for the Cactus Canyon Remakes which will be shipping starting NOVEMBER 2021!

That was just quickly copied from the SE listing ... we have not heard when it will be shipping and updated the listing.

#2880 2 years ago

"I don't get the exclusive offers in dealing with PPS. I am in Canada, so I cannot order thru you guys, but i would be very interested in a mirrored backlgass and Brian Allen Artwork."

we will look into what we can do on that ... all very complicated with Territories, which is not a complaint, just a complication!

#2933 2 years ago

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.

Planetary Pinball

#3440 2 years ago

A little more detail on the annoucement from Ryan (CGC) which you can see here from his seminar at Expo on Friday ...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1190177331

As best I can transcribe ...

Ryan White from CGC at the Announcement at Pinball Expo

7:03:41

"and as you can see at least on the Limited Edition, the Topper"

7:07:32

"the topper of course, is is right now with the limited edition, we haven't decided if we are going to add that at a later date as an upgrade option for this one"

I'm just adding this into the discussion and not adding any opinion or view - so, yes there is plenty to debate, but I had just thought that Ryan had touched on this on the announcement so wanted it to be on the record here.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

I played the CCr LE at Playfield 76 in Reno yesterday - fantastic! Beautiful game all around, fantastic light show, lots of fun. I like that it's not super hard but there is a lot going on that keeps you engaged. Makes the game a lot more fun for casual players - got a thumb's up from my wife. I got the topper mode one time but I had no idea what I was doing... For those wondering, as far as I could tell, the call outs didn't seem to have been changed compared to the original, even though the Bart model/target looks a bit different (not complaining). Just throwing it out there, maybe too much to ask from an already great package, but I would love to see the full CCC code (or as much as can be used given possible licensing issues with audio assets used in the original CCC code) along with the Lyman/Josh code. I understand there probably would be some work involved in porting over the CCC code, but hopefully it would be a lot less difficult than developing code from scratch. Having three code options on one playfield would be phenomenal. Super excited to get the game some time next year. Great job Doug_Duba and team!!

CCC Code "possible licensing issues" ... lol, now that's a good one!

#3917 2 years ago

All ... if you had sent a message and you did not get a reply then you can always forward the original sent message to [email protected] and we will put you on an CCR LE Waitlist, an MMR Waitlist, etc according to when we received the original message (if we find it) ... it's an easy fix. If you choose to be upset and not resend the email then that is your choice and we are sorry that we may have overlooked a message.

But gotta say that on more than one occasion we ask for the info to find the message and the person will not furnish it - so we can only help you if you accept the help!

Team PPS

#4027 2 years ago

If we can get something made we can test fit it in the game in Reno ...

2 weeks later
#4240 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's the exact same image simply in a mirrored glsss version. At least that's my understanding. I'm pretty sure it was already shown in this thread from before the product page was taken down. Even which parts were mirrored were called out by a pinsider.

Unfortunately that's not the way it works - where you have mirror you do not have artwork, so it's artwork development to carve out areas where the reflective mirror would be ... so there are many interpretations of how that can and will look.

#4252 2 years ago

PPS have communicated within the last few days to the CGC Cactus Canyon Remake reseller's - they will (we assume) reach out to their CCR customers at some point to gather up their needs to PPS. We are evaluating several different suppliers with different artwork design choices, and will make that choice soon as to who we use to make the product. Once we have the proofs that will be shown. The request/order is between the reseller and the CCR customer, and then we will deal directly with PPS customers as well as with the resellers to ship/fulfill orders particular to each reseller. There is time, so nobody needs to panic.

Team PPS

#4256 2 years ago

We have run the CC backglass numerous times over the years on translite primarily and have that art inhouse. The CC art is not the 'creative' work - it's where and how you do the mirroring, and anyone that does this work will have their own opinions on what is the best, as well as PPS' input. We won't really be updating on this topic past these comments until we have a reasonably finished product to show.

1 month later
#4840 2 years ago

Here is a (very amateur) panorama of the proof for the new cactus canyon mirrored backglass. Difficult to shoot mirror!!!

This backglass is TRUE Silvered Mirror so will be as bright of a mirror as you can get!

We will try for more professional views of this and will put it on the CCR which is at Press Start Reno in the next few days.

Team PPS

#4853 2 years ago

it is the same channel already in the game ... so no need

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I read it, but the lift channel for a translite has a rib in it to keep the translite from slipping down.
Unless they used non ribbed lift channels on the games?
Its true that you can force it on past the ribbing, but its not as good as it can be.
I do imagine that i might just use the system 11 lift channel i have in stock.
The top and sides might fit ok though.
Again, well just have to see.
From my extensive testing, its smart to have system 11 trim and lift channel on hand.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-backglass-trim

This is a a remake of a WPC 95 Game - the trim for the backglass holds the glass on one side and the edge of the white tub on the other side, the translite is in the middle. What will be missing is the translite, which is thin enough that it would not make a difference for the fit of the replacement glass. So you will use the same trim as you already have in the CCR ...

1 month later
#5932 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got same email although I was already in on an LE. It sounds like some are requesting their deposits back.

That is not the case.

#5968 2 years ago

nothing but copyright infringement here ... we are working on similar covers as we speak - that will be under WMS license.

3 months later
#6352 1 year ago

Regarding the CCR Backglasses ... we started shipping on 6/24 (Friday), and have gotten a bunch out - we hope you like them ... it has been a journey.

Right now PPS' customers can purchase thru our store (so long you are a PPS CCR customer, etc) - any issues contact [email protected]

For customers of other Chicago Gaming resellers: the 'plan' was that the resellers would order glasses from us and we would ship them and their customers would either pickup or they would ship to you. Right now we are starting to ship bulk glasses to various resellers - BUT there are alot of resellers and alot more orders than there are glasses, so we are shipping to various US resellers right now in a bit of a round robin fashion.

International resellers will be a bit delayed as these orders generally will go in containers once LE's and SE+'s start shipping so we are trying to synch up with those.

NOTE: There can be situations where a reseller does not want to deal with the 'trouble' of providing these to their customers, a little disappointing, but it does require a little bit of work (contacting customers, packing and shipping the glass, etc). We do not drop-ship for various reasons. IF this happens then we will work something out with your reseller where you will be offered to purchase a glass - so you can contact us if this is your experience, or we will figure it out sooner or later.

Resellers should canvassing their CCR customers get a list of who wants the glass if they have not already and then they can solidify orders with PPS - we are only making so many per week, and the bulk of those are now going to the resellers. Each reseller can do it how they wish, but you may want to let them you your interest if you have not been asked already.

Team PPS

4 months later
#6418 1 year ago

Do you all think that displeasure is not already registered? It is already registered. I think what some on the forum are saying is that more displeasure does not really change anything. In fact I expect CGC to be displeased as well ... so everyone is displeased, now what. I think at some point you realize that more time making phone calls and emails etc etc does not change anything - the displeasure is already abundant.

#6452 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, if you guys communicated what was happening and providing updates then you probably wouldn’t be dealing with the phone calls.
Not too much to expect.

You've been around here for a long time ... it's not 'us' guys - we are not Chicago Gaming Company ... they are the ones making the game, delaying the game, not shipping the game, etc. ... so please let's not confuse everyone ... at least let's get this part right! Thx

#6476 1 year ago

Anybody know what this tool makes?
mysteryx (resized).jpgmysteryx (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
7,500 (Firm)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, MD
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=pps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.