(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinghetto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

They would potentially be pissing off the 1250 people that bought the LE and were told if they wanted the topper, it’s exclusive to the LE as clearly stated on their own website.

This! Everything else on the LE can be easily replicated by the kick ass mod community we have in pinball. The topper is what makes the LE special.

If the precident is set with the LE topper for CCr being available to everyone, I really hope to see AFM's for sale soon too (bet those owners wouldn't be too happy though).

The marketing material sure makes it seem like the topper is limited to the LE, which is why I worked my butt off to secure one.. Now, I feel like the topper is a "everyone's a winner" trophy screwed to the top of their games.

My deposit is in, so too late to change things now... But, I will certainly think twice in my next CGC LE purchase in the future.. At least Stern has a backglass that is special and some cab art.. etc.. and JJP has gone above and beyond. CGC going forward? I guess we'll see.

Oh well. It's only pinball. And I'm still damn excited for my game. Cheers everyone.

Brian

#2279 2 years ago

CGC should be up front and honest with their SE and LE customers about the topper before taking our money.

At least American Pinball didn't hide the fact they were increasing their numbers.

I feel like the new CGC model may look like this....

LE - we build it for you in the factory

SE - you buy the features separately and do the extra assembly work for us at home!!

Brian

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I want a CCR LE, unfortunately I can’t find one at MSRP. I will tell you that someone in the know indicated to me that the topper will be separately available for the SE to purchase sometime in “2022”. I’m not going with an SE based on this information but I was assured they will become available for any SE owner to purchase in the future. They will be releasing the code upgrade to purchase at the same time. No other “limited” features will be available & will remain exclusive to the LE.

This is exactly my point. CGC should say this... They know the answer. But, they won't. They want the LE money in the bank before they make this announcement. They know the other LE features will certainly be replicated for the SE.

Very disappointing.

#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

They should just make a shiload of LEs so everyone that wants one can get one without hassle or simply let people buy the topper standalone to retrofit the SE. Why limit a product that doesn't need to be limited? Why doesn't cgc want to earn more money by making more LEs?

Why does everyone have to be a winner? I've missed my fair share of games I wanted. It is what it is. I moved on and found one later if I still wanted it. Most times I figured out I didn't really want it after all and got something else instead....

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Why must everyone get milk everyday. Let's just sell 10 litre of milk in the store every week and if you don't get a bottle that week, why are you so entitled that you must have milk? You can drink water and move on.
Yeah, stupid example I know, but my question still stand, why limit an item that doesn't need to be limited to sell?

To try and get the quick, guaranteed buck up front from the LE owners.. and then make it up on the SE owners next year with the topper.

I agree, I'd this is the way you are going to do business, make one model. But, this is about the dollar you see. Good will to the buyers seems to be absent.

All they have to do is say yes or no on availability. That's it.

#2288 2 years ago

Why does anyone think the LE's sold out so quickly?? The wooden apron?? The cart sculpt? The SHAKER motor?? Nope...

The topper... The brochure said available on the LE. Just like MB and AFM.

The topper created the frenzy. And they knew it would.

Now... starting to look like the quick money grab that we all are getting really used to.

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I find it weird how a bunch of folks are getting worked up about things that are pure speculation. A few random anonymous pinside dudes say "They're going to sell LE toppers later" and everybody believes it and then starts ranting non-stop.
They didn't sell separate toppers with AFM and MB. They did with MM however that was a unique situation being the first game ever they made and wanting to make the same improvements/upgrades they offered on MB and AFM. Whatever. Relax and play a bit of pinball ffs.
How about we all wait and see what happens before going off on rants?

I sort of agree... But, it was Ryan from CGC that said "maybe" they will be available. That's not speculation. That's on video.

If it were just purely the Pinside rumor mill kicking up the dust... I would 100% agree with your post.

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

its a topper ! enough already ....

It's a forum. And a CCr thread at that. Dude, we are actually staying on topic!!

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sorry to all the people that got the LE and don't want the Topper to be sold to SE owners . Bottom line if they are going to sell it separately (they will if they want to ) Sad for the LE owners not to let others have the full experience of the integrated topper as well!
Perfect example of cutting out more than one model only approach!

100% agree with you on the one model approach. And for CGC just be up front with their buyers. I'm not upset about SE buyers getting a shot at the topper. I'm upset that I can't make an informed decision on what to buy with CGC's bullshit line of maybe it will be available. I am buying the LE strictly for the topper. I don't care about a wooden apron.

But, would you feel it's ok for Stern to start selling their LE backglasses to premium buyers?

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is all rather sad. I wish pinball was more about the joy of playing the games versus what the game may be worth in the future.

Like it or not... Its a $9,500 game that is being marketed by the manufacturer as a limited edition. I am not someone that is going to flip the machine. That's not why I jumped in on it. I got the LE strictly because of the topper. If the topper is available for the SE, I'd just go that route. I don't need a collector plate or a wooden apron. Even though they do look pretty cool! If the LE was unlimited and was the only trim level that contained the topper, I'd still get an LE. I don't care about scarcity. I just think it stinks that they aren't up front with what direction either model is going (be it the new code (not Lymans, but what is currently shipped) or the add ons). CGC are the ones that decided to launch at expo and just seem like they were completely unprepared.

#2378 2 years ago

Anyone know who this clown is? Didn't Doug_Duba want to know about these distributors? This guy is selling at $11k. Says "authorized reseller?

Screenshot_20211103-174914_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211103-174914_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Send Doug a PM
LTG : )

Done.

#2526 2 years ago

#2659 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Poll on the other thread says a massive 119 buyers of a LE on Pinside. 19 buyers for a standard. The amount of moaning and complaing would suggest 1000 buyers... but the reality is 138. Of those 119 there is only a few moaning about toppergate. They are moaning a lot.
I think CGC could make as many toppers as demand will take. This pass time needs to be a hobby first. Flip for profit is killing the hobby for many people. The only people who do not want the topper available for other models are flippers and people that do not want to share.

There are so many more buyers here than participate in some stupid poll. Trust me...

#2920 2 years ago

A little bummed at the decision. But, I guess fair enough. I'm not looking to flip the game, so really it is what it is.

I bought mine from Coin Taker... So, no mirrored backglass for me? What the fuck??

This whole game launch just plain old sucks.

Now it's time to fire up the line on the AFMr LE toppers. I'm in for the $1250 price tag.. where do I sign up....?

Brian

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:The real people who are upset are the LE flippers.

This is simply not true. I'm sure they are also upset. But, it's not just them.

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So just cancel your game.

Why? I still want the game. I'm just not thrilled with their decision.

#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What about all the people that wanted an LE and could not get one because people bought them to flip? They have to suffer and pay over retail?
I think this is a smart move. Maybe the rollout should have been at the same time, but I do not think it would change the LE Market Buyers.

I agree with you. That part sucks. And I don't know a way around it except changing the LE structure completely or scrapping the numbered run and make it limited time instead? I don't know.

But, I had to put in some work to get an LE and it was strictly for the topper. Now, it was all really a complete waste of my time. And I did all of that was because of some of the marketing materials and comments that came directly from distributors and CGC.

It is what it is now. I still want my game. I'm still excited about my game. I'm honestly happy for all the SE+ buyers that get to enjoy the topper now too. But, I can still be pissed at CGC and Rick on the way they handled this.

#3315 2 years ago

Do you guys and gals think a timed limited edition release would work? Like a certain amount of hours to order and that's it. Think of CCr for the example with the topper only available on the LE trim. Would the FOMO for the manufacturer to sell enough units disappear?

I know this was kind of a thing with the Deeproot launch bit that's a terrible example.

I feel like this would solve the issue with people flipping the games, bit still create plenty of demand. As long as it's not something like a week long time frame....

In my head this makes a ton of sense for the manufacturers and the collector community... I'm sure I'm missing a hundred loop holes though.

Thoughts?

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If there is no scarcity - there is no FOMO. See JJP 'limited editions'

I guess... But, JJP LE's are ridiculously set at a high number with an unlimited amount of time to buy one...

If the manufacturer limited the purchase window to say, 4 hours... Would that be different?

Probably just create a cluster fuck for the distributors I guess...

#3372 2 years ago

I think I still would have gotten it without the Lyman code coming down the road. I have always loved John's art package on CC and the humor in the game and call outs are awesome. It plays just fine. I'm not a great player and have a decent sized collection, so I don't think it would get old.

I need to put topper gate behind me and just focus on why I got it in the first place.

Happy upcoming Monday with daylight savings everyone!!

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Decent collection? Seems you have a dream setup for sure and CC will be a fitting addition. (Topless or not)

Yeah. I was very fortunate to get into the hobby early on and build a collection out of route rats. I got those fixed up and kept tweaking my collection. I can't imagine getting into pinball collecting now. It's crazy.

7 months later
#6340 1 year ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Just ordered my glass today. Hope they start rolling out the LE games soon.

Do you have to order through your distributor? I thought I saw that these are only one per customer?? What makes it different than the mirrored one available to everyone from CPR?

#6344 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And the PPS backglass is a new design with colors optimized for the LED lighting used in the remake.

Thanks everyone. I'll check with my dist.

4 months later
#6484 1 year ago

I'm not looking for handouts.. ok maybe I am.. it would sure be nice to give the LE buyers a little spiff for jumping in early (before SE+ ever existed) and having a $1,000 deposit tied up for over a year. With little communication.

But, a less expensive software upgrade or some saloon doors would sure be nice.

And, you know, if it doesn't happen.. I'm still excited for my game and know it will be worth the wait... But, a guy can hope...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinghetto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=pinghetto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.