(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider only_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed IJ is a non starter IMHO.

I doubt we will see any of the wide body games. I think we are going to see TOM after CC and then that's it for the remakes

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Ive heard rumor for a few sources that this will be a SE, LE

I have heard the same thing

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I heard the drop Targets were illuminated pre production?

That's correct. They had problems with them breaking.

#360 2 years ago

I have bought parts from PPS and got great prices with fast delivery.

2 weeks later
#442 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

According to Ryan's video should be less than 2 weeks (at the latest)!

I will believe it when I see it.

1 week later
#580 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Pricing is what I'm most curious about. Wasn't an AFM LE $8,500 not too long ago?

No, AFM LE was $8,000

4 weeks later
#915 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The only rumor I heard was that they might not be showing it at expo this year. Really hope that isn't true.

Will be crazy if they don't but I think this may come to pass.

#937 2 years ago
Cookie-Monster.gifCookie-Monster.gif
#1019 2 years ago

No Classics

#1026 2 years ago

Same. It will be back

#1183 2 years ago

I am waiting to hear if I'm high enough on my dealers list to get the LE. Fingers crossed!

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Have you tried getting on the list w/ Sara @ PPS?

No, I should have. Didn't really think was was going to want an LE and just get the SE, till now. Probolly too last for PPS.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Never say never ... best to get on the list and if we see that everyone is on 10 different reseller list then things can open up ... contact [email protected]

Done. Thanks!

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d never buy a game from PPS though

Why is that? I have bought parts from them and have been very happy.

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

WOW! This is new news. Very cool. I hope they used a lot.

I heard from my dealer that I am in on an LE! Man am I excited

#1421 2 years ago

Hey LTG when are you thinking you will get your game?

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Imagine Brian Allen is already licking his chops.

I would love to see what he comes up for as far as the translite goes. I have his MM one and LOVE it.

#1453 2 years ago

Looks black(ish) on CGC website but a matte silver at show. No one seems to know what the final games will look like at this point.

CCRLE (resized).pngCCRLE (resized).png

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The matt black looks excellent. (Photoshopped ? )

Photoshopped for sure. As mention, this is nothing like the actual game at expo.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

A topper, some molded plastic on the tracks, a plastic cart on top of the mine, and art blades…. I don’t see that as a no brainer at all.

Well, the topper is interactive with a mini game and is super cool. You also get a longer warranty and a shaker motor.

The LE was for a no brainer for me and cant wait till I get it.

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

topper is cool, for a topper. I hate all toppers

Fair enough!

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

They said they were undecided on the topper being available separately.

I bet they do end up selling the topper, sounds like they are leaning that way.

#1484 2 years ago

Pretty sure all the dealers have the allocations now. PinballSTAR for example is selling his tomorrow at noon. I got word from my dealer earlier that I made the cut for an LE.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There are characters in each window and if you look closely in the pic I took, you can see a skull and crossbones outline in each window. I assume the skull and crossbones lights when the character is defeated.

Did anyone get the mode to play the topper mini game? Apparently you need to hit the beer mug 10 times and then shoot it in the saloon.

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

When will the LEs begin to ship?

6 - 12 weeks

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Also no games or spots should have been sold until today.

Why? How would holding sales till today help any? Opening sales after unveiling game makes a lot more sense.

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Drunk Multiball is from CC Continued that has nothing to do with this game.

From earlier in thread....

Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

For example, should I get on the “list” now for CGC’s release in 2025? It’s not sour grapes, just making a point.

Thats what a lot actually do before even knowing the game.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because I really think they could possibly charge 2k

The market will support it….

I think new code for $2k wont fly. No way.

From the seminar it sounds like they plan for the code to code to also add additional physical elements. No clue on what that may be

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

As for just software… remember they already sold color upgrades for $400 was it?

You know they came up with that price looking at what ColorDMD's run, has to be. My crazy, based on nothing guess is we are looking at $500-$750.

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Metal coating on the armor.

Thanks! This is the best pic posted of the armor.

#2066 2 years ago

My guess is the topper won't be sold by itself for the same reason Mr Duba stated why they won't be making more then 1250 units.

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think CGC screwed up on the LEs and the model is upside down. It's insane to announce a game and the LE's are already sold out. This shouldn't be an elitist hobby, inside circle group, or buy every new title from disti so you automatically get it thing. I met so many new to hobbyists Expo weekend that were generally interested in an LE to be told - already sold out. Not the way to embrace the new blood pumping life into this hobby.

How is this different then trying to buy a Stern LE? Actually was easier to get CCr with Planetary offering them since Aug with a guarantee you could get one. All you had to do was say you were interested. No money needed. I haven't seen any Stern dealer do the same. I was on my dealers interested list since April. But if I wasn't it would have been easy to get on Planetary's.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

I’ve been in and out for 20 plus years and never seen LE Pins sell out this quickly

Seriously? Every Stern LE has sold out in the same way for years now.

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I bought my jp le 3 months after launch for below msrp.

NIB?

#2130 2 years ago

Wow, thats awesome!

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Didn’t stop them from releasing another “Limiteder Edition” on top of MMR LE

As has been pointed out several times now, the large screen and color changing LED's did not exist when the original MMr LE was built. CGC not only built new ones to match the current upgrades that the others (AFM and MB) had but also sold kits so those of us who bought the earlier ones could upgrade. They didnt make new "LE type" games of AFM or MB.

#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s how you do it. Congrats!

Exactly! While everyone was complaining here he put in the leg work and scored one.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

CGC is in business to make money, we would all be well served to remember that. They don’t care about us being mad or our resale values, they care about moving units. LEs are not sacred cows to them.

Actually, They did the kits and pricing to match the new offerings so to not piss off the original owners. Of course they are in business to make money. They are also interested in keeping their customers happy and coming back for more. CGC does a remarkable job in this area. Doug_Duba for example was in these threads explaining some of the decisions. That shows A LOT. I dont see Gary Stern commenting on pinside. To say they dont care is flat out wrong.

#2164 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You feel like you feel and I feel like I feel so it is what it is.

Fair enough.

#2300 2 years ago

If the do decide to sell the topper I bet it's $1250 making the cost of the SE the same as the LE.

#2471 2 years ago

Has anyone contacted Doug_Duba or CGC-Ryan and asked them?

#2538 2 years ago

I think if they do sell the topper then they won't get the FOMO sales on the next LE. What's the motivation to jump right in?

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Fat chance. Does Stern include a topper on LE's NOPE!!! But they still sell out.

They have their own exclusives like mirrored backglass and diffrent cab art. Can't buy any of that stuff

#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

What is happening on the topper that is interactive is also happing on the playfield as well somehow correct?

No. Its a mini game that you play on the topper

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I will cancel my order with a new Stern game and switch it to a CCr SE if I can get a topper from Chicago Gaming as an option down the road.

If you really wanted the game you would do that anyway. The topper is not going to make or break the game

#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It doesn't really matter what the next CGC game is. I know I won't be interested, because the two times I've tried buying a CGC game before have been incredibly frustrating, and never for a good reason. If you want to play the LE game, then best of luck. You'll get a lot of interest that way, but you lose those of us who don't care about numbers and just want the features. I'm not just talking about a topper but the entire package.

I don't understand this as getting an LE was SUPER EASY by just contacting PPS when game was announced.

#2732 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Your LE might have other features unique to it, a topper has never been one of these features

It has been and continues to be on CGC's AFMr and MBr.

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Not on the MMr. You could buy the topper for $599.

Thats why I didnt put MMr in my comment. As been mentioned, like a million times here, MMr is different as the topper was not available when the game first came out. The toppers were with AFMr and MBr and thats why they cant be bought separately.

#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

hopefully the topper can be disabled on the LE. I've never been a fan of the video mode games on pins, it's distracting and takes away from the flow of the game. I would expect this mini game would be the same. And how long before the topper breaks?? lol. (that will be the real toppergate)

Why not just get the SE then?

#2762 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I have read some comments about Saloon doors on an old prototype. What did they do?

It sounds like you needed to hit them a few times before opening so you could shoot into the Saloon.

#2787 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If you're in for an SE, don't care for the mini game topper (and the possible high cost), but you would like something pretty to cap off your game, Laseriffic already has you covered for less than $200.

Another alternative.....

il_1588xN.2616088718_81a9 (resized).jpgil_1588xN.2616088718_81a9 (resized).jpg
#2843 2 years ago

We should be hearing something soon. Doug_Duba said he would let us know by today.

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They sell LEs to create the FOMO. That’s how it works.

As has been said many times, it's a good thing pinside doesn't run the pinball companies. We would have zero new machines.

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I can't even tell what the arguments are about anymore..

you are not alone!

#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wouldn’t have ordered a remake if it was only going to have the original code.

I think that goes for most of us. well, maybe not the flippers

#3395 2 years ago

The SE+ buyers should be asking for the shaker motor to be added to get the full gameplay experience, I imagine the shaker motor is actioned with gunshots also during the mini game

Or, just spend the $150 and add it in themselves

#3408 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I don’t expect anything to be honest but would never expect a Backglass after thought to make people happy

I am hoping that CGC has a couple of strippers deliver and set up the game

#3418 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I really hope not!

Well, this just killed that idea! I guess I will also take the steak knifes

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.

It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

What an awesome post. You don't have to apologize for anything. The drama created here was frankly completely rediculos and I'm ashamed by some of my fellow enthusiasts.

As you pointed out, you guys build the best machines in the industry and my family has gotten tons of enjoyment from the three we have bought to date. We are VERY excited to get our CCr LE!

Looking forward to what your team comes up with next.

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That said feel free to throw in the free backglass to appease the whiners! I wont mind hahaha

I thought we agreed on a set of steak knives?

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Never say never but it’s unlikely. Sales of the current models are strong are we are nearing completion of the next game. After we are done processing parts orders for the balance of the CCr orders we will focus on purchasing the parts for the next title.

Time to start saving.

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Lyman and Josh are the final pieces of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be."

Fixed that for you Mr. Doug_Duba

Can't cut Josh out!

I'm really looking forward to what you guys come up with!

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like the caring and passion of Doug Duba! And the fact that you owned the mistakes made. That's all you can do and it ain't easy.

I totally agree. It's great to have the head of the company care enough to listen to our craziness and put up with all the negative that pops up here. Doug_Duba obviously cares deeply about the product and providing us with value. CCr LE will be my 4th CGC NIB purchase and I'm sure that number 5 will find its way here too.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Rumors are Pulp fiction

I think one more remake is coming before their first original title.

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And now on to "CodeGate"!!!

You knew this was coming!

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Those who are LOL'n are those people who are already locked in on getting a LE.

mark me as LOL

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I can't figure out why the SE+ is the same price as a full featured LE.

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gifCutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif
#3634 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If you win a gunfight he recoils as if shot. Not sure about other interactions.

In addition he points his gun at you when one of bad guy drop targets is up

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And long for the day when games start rolling out and the nature of this thread changes to game play and tech questions.

This day can not come fast enough.

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

This is what every LE buyer thought the deal was, this is no longer the deal.

bdh2.gifbdh2.gif
#3748 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Thanks for your kind words. I was disappointed in that we couldn’t capture all the elements of the game at the same time. Once our other location at Press Start opens up we will have better streaming equipment to showcase the game. It was a last minute thing so people could see gameplay footage right away. Thanks for watching.

Any chance you uploaded this to YouTube?

#3778 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

They couldn’t even give Cirqus Voltaire’s away and closed them out for $1699 along with so many others.

I picked one up for $1899 and was bummed when the next month it dropped to $1699. Wish I bought a half dozen.

#3784 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We have screen printed all remakes utilizing spot colors as was done for the original games.

Your playfields are awesome. They definitely "pop".

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I'm guessing they probably have more SE orders than 500?

Hard to say as I'm sure many converted to SE+.

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

coupon for a discount on Dole pineapple.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it just me or do others prefer the Stainless Trim vs the Gun Metal on the LE. I think it just fits the game better. Maybe it can be swapped out.

I agree that on the website it does look better. My guess is that the LE will look great in person. I am in on the LE and figure if I don't like it then I will go to pinball plating and get the hardware in chrome.

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I wonder how many toppers they have made already.

Not many. They are waiting on parts. The arms on the ones at the shows were 3D printed

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Saving up money for the the one after CCr.

So saving for TOM then.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Actually got on the MMr list. Trying to figure out when it could be in production.

TOM will be before the next run of MMr

#3987 2 years ago

I would love to see a TOTAN or BBB.

#4007 2 years ago

Hoping to see pics soon and if saloon door add on could be a possible venture

Doubtful. The original doors required the playfield to have two large cut outs for the mechs.

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check out Fuhnhouse 2.0 thread here on Pinside

I cant seem to find this....

#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

This should be enjoyable to listen to

I'm about halfway through and its great.

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So, given that Elvira HOH is now pushed until at least Dec 2022, what are the odds I can get in on a CCr Special Edition Plus?

You will have no problem getting one

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My guess is $600 to $900

I am guessing $250-$300

#4137 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

it doesn’t sound like the Lyman code is going to be a complete rework.

It really doesn't need to be. Just adding to what the base code is totally works for me.

2 weeks later
#4347 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I think the SE plus is limited to 1250 just like the LE.

That's correct

#4352 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

this is what Doug said

I wish Doug would come back and update us.

#4445 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

I paid above MSRP from my distributor.

CGC prohibits this and came on pinside asking for the names of dealers doing this. That being said, you got a game and are happy so thats all that matters. Welcome to the club.

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup, thanks. Saw your post a while back. That’s what I’m counting on. I’m just afraid there isn’t enough room for the arms to clear at their top point.

There is always this version......

4ab209e304972f5cdd2ba397c98fc0e2c8d6312d (resized).png4ab209e304972f5cdd2ba397c98fc0e2c8d6312d (resized).png
#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

$600 if it lights up, $1k if it moves.

and $1600 if it lights up AND moves!

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

And that one is hardly playable! Wait till you get on a brand new one

It was playing really well back in October

#4507 2 years ago

At this point I would not expect any SEs to ship before New Years. A lot of people will have time off around this time that most businesses move at a snails pace until after the new year.

I'd love to be wrong though!

Agree. Hopefully we will get an update in January.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Even if we don’t get an update it sure would be nice to see pictures of games on the line.

I will settle for smoke signals!

#4533 2 years ago

Or maybe one yellow and one green button to signify the PINEAPPLE

Or....

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

CGC (Chicago Grinch Coalition)

#4564 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

but clearly they don't have any interest in doing that.

Unfortunate as Doug Duba was here with updates right after launch. Please come back!

#4578 2 years ago

It sounds like they are missing something that's preventing the games going in boxes. If this is the case, then we may see a large amount all ship at the same time.

#4592 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The next ? Will Stern get another out before CGC

It is starting to look that way

1 week later
#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So what’s the latest rumor for delivery on LEs?

All I know is.......

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Is the whole line being held up by a missing playfield part???

This is the most likely explanation IMO.

#4854 2 years ago

Awesome stuff @pps! Man, I cant wait to get this and my game.

#4909 2 years ago

Are we still able to cancel LE orders ? Or has that ship sailed ?

Why are you thinking of canceling?

#4918 2 years ago

No, i was just wondering if there was a time limit on that offer for ppl to cancel. I imagine there might be a few ppl that just cant wait for the LE and therefor might want to change their order ???

Got ya. I was going to suggest holding on if you were on the fence!

#4924 2 years ago

Just listened to the podcast, seems the wait will be over very soon; SE’s this month & LE’s Feb then SE+

Let's hope this is the case! Can't wait

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The great news is that there is a guy offering crossword puzzles to any CGC customer for FREE.

Are the crosswords pinball themed?

#4964 2 years ago

300 units of MM should sell instantly.

1k would sell instantly. I hope for all that want one they build a lot more then 300

#4966 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

If you bought CCr from PPS get on the list, you will thank me.

I already have one. Hoping more get to enjoy the game as much as me and my family do.

#4972 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Actually they did make SE last run because that's where I got mine from. I heard they actually made 500 last run. Majority was Royal editions.

Right, This is the ONLY run SE's have came from

#4986 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

All I was told was that there were 50 names in front of me…but I would most likely get one. Now I realize I should have asked more questions.

Planetary will likely be getting this many. Hope this is who's list your on

#4993 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

What are the odds that Bally Cactus Canyon side blades (as seen @ Cointaker) will fit CCr ??

They should fit with a slight adjustment to the hole for the hinge bolt.

#5025 2 years ago

Mirror blades just arrived! Shaker on hand as well…
Just need the game!

You should probably proactively move the TV

#5031 2 years ago

Hopping in the next few weeks!

That's the spirit!

Come on CGC, bring it on!

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Hopefully CCrLE will not require his assistance.

They are pinball machines! Will always require some tweaks. Good news is with CGC there seems to be only minor one and we have LTG to assist.

#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anybody heard if any special additions are going out yet?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#5198 2 years ago

I really doubt they would be able to provide a reasonable time frame at this point. That doesn't mean they shouldn't communicate that with us. They definitely should...

Agreed. I think they have no idea and will just look bad if they miss another date.

#5205 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I asked my distributor for a status report as the silence is annoying (for me at least).

I am guessing it was met with more silence?

#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

All of the other distributor sites I’ve seen either required pay in full or deposits

My dealer also did not require a deposit for the glass.

#5256 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Tried to put the thread back on track and managed to derail it again. Sorry.
Mostly just looking for updates on whether PPS finalized the final design from their options (think they did), if anyone has comments on it from the bar where PPS was going to put the proto they showed in the quick video, if the subsequent video was ever done or if there are actual pictures detailing the mirroring.
I’ve paid in full for my backglass but haven’t even decided if I will put it in the game as I have an NOS CC translite autographed by John Youssi I may use instead.

Simple answer here. Put the signed translite into a lit frame and the glass into the game! Problem solved.

#5260 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have lit frames for backglass art in a few places downstairs

Looks great!

#5267 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok, let’s get on track with a delivery update

Thankfully the LE's come second!

#5304 2 years ago

We were told the LE's would come after SE due to parts being delayed. I wonder if this is still the case now that they have all been massively delayed?

#5307 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m actually fine with LEs not going out first

I am too. Just was wondering.

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Just come out and address the delay it’s not a big deal but some insight would be cool.

At this point I don't think that's happening.

#5334 2 years ago

Not unusual. All the games have had delays. The good news is they always deliver a fabulous product and will again with CCr

#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So do we have an ETA for LEs yet?

No

#5371 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Even with the original shipping estimates I didn’t really expect to see my game before late summer or fall. If it does, great! If not, ok

I think we will see our games sooner then this. Could be that there are a bunch built just waiting on a part or two and then will go out in large batches when parts arrive. This is my hope at least.

#5414 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Is there an update for Cactus Canyon to start shipping?

No

#5509 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

This post topic needs to be changed to "I'm Bored and want to bitch about random topics preferably that have nothing to do with CCr"

gas prices.......

#5543 2 years ago

All the pain has now disappeared

Man! I want to try the pineapple lumps.

#5633 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

LE has a real lizard on the gun handle, I think...(note to self: buy lizard food off amazon...).

Dealing with lizard poop will be a new part of a shop job!

#5643 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Re: games that went out… just another example where lack of communication just makes it worse for them. They could have easily announced the games that went out for a specific purpose and not the start of large scale shipping and then people wouldn’t be tripping over themselves after seeing a few games go out.

I totally agree. Time has come for an official update. Sadly I dont think it will happen.

#5721 2 years ago

Roundtrip!

Screenshot_20220222-193738 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220222-193738 (resized).png
1 week later
#5830 2 years ago

What about a topper … for troubleshooting purposes ??

This is a must! Come on CGC, get LTG his topper. Stat.

#5836 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Or replacement shooter rod with IJ style gun?

Not sure my hip would survive if I got a game that uses a gun for the shooter rod!

1 week later
#5926 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Hearing rumours of a Mirrored Backless for CCr. When will these be available for purchase, where can I buy etc??

Not a rumor. Contact PPS to see if you can still order one.

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

At this rate I feel like I may end up buying a second NIB pin before I even take delivery of my first one

You wont be the first!

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we are working on similar covers as we speak - that will be under WMS license

Awesome! I'm guessing you will be doing the other remakes as well?

Edit: Richard beat me to it.

#5977 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

pretty sure the older games used a plastic speaker panel - tho it's been awhile since I handled one.

The SEs are metal im pretty sure.

#6002 2 years ago

The LE sold right away. So we have all been waiting since mid October.

#6009 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

The only thing that could make me reconsider getting this game is if CGC announced some spectacular original of their own.

That is in the works!

#6013 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

I know it's coming but with the current supply chain challenges I can't imagine anything shipping for at least a year or three...

Only time will tell. CGC I'm sure hopes to speed up production. Will be worth the wait. IMO they make the highest quality games on the market and I look forward to what they have in store for us.

#6026 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Question did CC have lights from under the drop target gunfighters?

They did not

#6056 2 years ago

I wish we could get Brian's as a mirrored backglass!

#6064 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

IDK, all this PPS exclusive stuff is a little bit of horseshit. I order my game from a great distributor, and then afterwards find out about exclusive mirrored backglass, special Brian Allen stuff, special LE upgrades, ect. that you can only get through planetary. Thankfully they walked back the mirrored backglass, but jeeze is all of this kinda sleezy or what?

I agree. It encourages you to not support your local dealer and go direct. Not fair to the other distributors.

#6066 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Perhaps. But I’m pretty sure PPS has the largest allocation of LEs if not overall games (by contract) so they have a built in advantage over anyone else for CGC remakes.

True but still not fair considering they also own the rights. Should be even playing field (not talking allocation) for every dealer to offer the same add ons.

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:I got the Limited Edition print to display. Will probably stick with mirrored bg for the game itself.

Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a mirrored backglass on order.
I orderd the smaller print...plan on framing it.

Great minds think alike! I did the same.

#6092 2 years ago

Only 28 of the 13×19″ Full-Bleed Metallic Sheen Art Prints left!

#6094 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm glad I got in early.

Me too. I would have been massively bummed if I missed this.

#6103 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Just curious, is there an expected delivery window for this game? I know it's going to be awhile.

If I put down a deposit on this today...... end of the year? Next year? Anyone know?

I watched the stream from the pinball show, was so impressed with them...... they deserve another sale.

Thanks!

Contact a CGC dealer. Each dealers allocation and orders are different

#6133 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

WTF ? ..... is there proof of this ?

No.

#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Personally I expect them to only make SEs in the next run and no classics. Whether they offer the topper or not remains to be seen. Other than the topper the only real difference between the SE and Royal is the shaker, powdercoat, and warranty anyway. They're all the same lol.

I have heard the same.

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Maybe no more royals but I would be surprised if the upgrades weren’t offered - large screen , topper , shaker , etc …

CGC has already said that more of the add on kits are on the way.

1 month later
#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

CC has proven to be more popular than they anticipated. After 500+ SEs made, there is still zero stock at distributors.

Several dealers have CC in stock for immediate pick up.

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That's cool that there is at least one distrib out there with stock.

That was one example....

Automated, LSOG and more have games avail.

#6329 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Looks like Hemisphere Amusements also has them in stock. Definitely not hard to find one that can ship right away but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't a popular title.

I wasnt suggesting that. I was just pointing out that several dealers had them avail. when it was posted that zero dealers had them.

#6334 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I was agreeing with ya sorry if my post didn't represent that. It's cool you can find them out there from a bunch of dealers.

I was just making sure. All good. Totally agree that readily available games is a good thing. Now they just need to start cranking out LE and the on the SE+!

5 months later
#6490 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I really hope PPS doesn’t leave us hanging.

I think they did!

#6536 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

trying to fixed as well.

Well, seems all is fixed now as the LE's are shipping

#6552 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Well my LE is supposed to arrive today. What a wait haha

Is it there yet?

Is it there yet?

is it there yet?

1 month later
#6556 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

#061 looking forward to unboxing

Awesome! Who was your distributor?

4 months later
#6620 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's a very noticeable upgrade when it's sitting next to a game with a translight. Off or on, very big difference.

Totally agree.

1 month later
#6631 10 months ago
Quoted from sepins:

This is going to be another Munsters and Stranger Things.

Prices will continue to drift down until code is released.

The code in the game has been updated from the original game with loads added. It's lots of fun as it stands now. The new code/Hardware package coming will be icing on the cake.

#6633 9 months ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

If you were lucky enough to own a 1998 CC with the unfinished code, it was actually fun as well.

I was. MUCH better now though.

#6636 9 months ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

I just picked up a + yesterday. I'll get it set up when I have time. After letting go of my HUO CC, I always regretting selling it.

I did too. You will really love the remake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider only_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=only_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.