(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I doubt that…

They have one ... I'd like the backglass not sure is a "subdealer" any idea when LEs are supposed to ship?

You still get in addition powered coat, apron , train tracks , mine cart maybe something else I missed .

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball

Thanks ! And I'm in on that

#2974 2 years ago

I'm not overly bothered by this ... Woukd it be cool to have the topper as an exclusive ? Yes . Did it ever say it was ...actually no just said included . We do still get some other goodies ... And happy about the backglass ... No need to be outraged , mildly annoyed maybe . They are offering refunds and acknowledge this may not make everyone happy .

What I will say is that the entire reveal etc could have been done better they obviously were not prepared, but all good !

#3005 2 years ago

I didn't realize you can't get the backglass from CPR now .

#3181 2 years ago

I specifically recall them saying they had not yet decided if they would sell the topper separate or not, and their marketing material said it was "included" with the LE not "Exclusive"...now it did say LE Only which could mean its only included with the LE(so this would mean maybe you can buy it separate) or you could take that to mean Exclusive.

I agree they should have figured this out from the start, but correct me if I am wrong on the above. My friend was over today and I told him the same thing before this news hit that I thought they might sell it. I didn't expect another edition , but safe difference really topper is 1250 I guess.

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong. It’s says, once again, “limited edition only”. That ship has sailed and we know why they waffled

yes it did say LE only, but like I said that was not clear as it could mean you only get it "included" with the LE. No where does it say exclusive.

Now with that said, and I totally told my friend this was gonna happen today....

I can see how people took that as there will never be another way to get it, especially based on past games.

I am in on a LE and I too was hoping it was exclusive, because hey lets be real its cool to have something limited that not everyone has..but it is what it is at this point and I saw it coming.

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

It will Not have the Bally Logo or the Copyright info.....

I am a little annoyed they pulled it from CPR site, was planning on buying it and they still have AFM and MB so this was kinda an uncool move my PPS...but if they will see me one not over what CPR charges then no harm no foul I can live with another logo.

#3197 2 years ago

I will tell you though I put the MB backglass in my MBRSE and I dont think my poor friend who I sold it too can ever remove the backglass to get to the backbox it was a tight fit! Maybe these will fit better.

#3201 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

The topper should be sold as an extra just like MMR. That way anyone can upgrade any version.

At this point they need to charge 1250 for it

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

[quoted image]

Missing .... Delete your Pinside account

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

CGC did good with the SE+, now everyone that want that topper can get one. The LE buyers still have better stuff for the same money so they should be happy too (the few sour pineapples that don't want to see other people getting the topper are selfish people).
After this whole CCr debacle I hope CGC learned their lesson for future games and stops with this different model crap though. Release one model with all bells and whistles and make a large number of them so most that want one can get it (ie several housands). I know this won't happen but one can always dream, right?

I don't think it would have sold as quickly without the FOMO personally ... The LEs and extra exclusive items create the fomo .. then those who missed out still want the game . Could be wrong .

#3450 2 years ago

A few more thoughts.

1. I think the guns on the apron should shoot real bullets on the LE , then I will be mad whole again! I mean I like that steak knives idea, but who brings a knife to a gun fight?

2. I get why some LE buyers are upset, I think one reason that many of us are willing to spend our hard earned money on these overpriced machines is the fact they can hold or sometimes even exceed their value in re-sale. This makes you feel better about you purchase that if you end up needing the cash you just put in a toy , or want a new game etc you can get it back. Without this element they would not sell for what they do, the market would just not hold up IMO. Not saying this is a good approach, but its the reality. If people thought the topper was exclusive to the LE then clearly this protects their purchase a bit.

With that said, they did not say it was exclusive as PPS posted above, though I agree their marketing material could have led one to believe that as well as past games. Also you can get out if you feel you lost your value.

Now, does anyone know when LE's are supposed to ship? And how do I get this backglass! Totally planned on buying it from CPR, hopefully the price is similar. PPS ?

#3460 2 years ago

Doug_Duba Still in on mine and happy to be getting it! I am excited for the code updates and if they are fairly priced like the game I will continue to be happy !

That said feel free to throw in the free backglass to appease the whiners! I wont mind hahaha

2 weeks later
#4077 2 years ago

Was there every any more info shared on how to get the BackGlass?

#4080 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Email [email protected] and tell her you want it on your game.

What if we didn't get it from PPS ?

2 months later
#5072 2 years ago

Played a game of my EHOH today in his honor had my best game ever ! I guess that may have been his last game ?
Hopefully we get to see his vision for CCR , sure he put a great deal of thought into it like always !

To be clear I am not asking for it , just saying would be a nice final stamp on his brilliant career !

#5165 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Fortunately we worked on stuff closest to the start button first. I don't know a lick of programming so I'm thankful we were as far into the project as we were when this tragedy happened.
We were currently working on the (spoiler alert) two-stage wizard mode for High Noon. Rules are in but that Lyman choreography polish we've all grown to appreciate and love hadn't been meticulously implemented yet.
There's also potentially (Spoiler alert) some hardware features to our update that had not been fully implemented yet.
I'll be seeing this thing through without a doubt. Him and I were so proud of the work we accomplished on this thing and there's no way he wouldn't want to see the community enjoy the update.

Great news ! Just a thought but maybe a small portion of whatever is charged for the add on should go to his family or a charity that he was fond of ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
7,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=mando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.