(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2442 2 years ago

I got on the list a year ago just because of the topper, they already stated LE only. I could see a class action lawsuit, just on wording alone. They should have had no LE's and just made a shit ton of premiums... This was a low run game to begin with. Oh well, hope it works out for everyone.

#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern only limited toppers with BM66LE & SLE something they have never done again since.
What I find weird about this CGC topper situation is they must have spent a lot of time coding in this shooting gallery feature, I just can’t see that being exclusive to the LE, whether SE owners get a slightly different topper it’s an odd choice to limit such an extensive feature.

I could totally see a class action law suit coming from a mile away. Just the wording alone that they used for the LE owners, 200 signing up is more than enough.. let alone 1250. Crazy times indeed, mind blowing.

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I honestly don't think there would be any legal ground for a law suit.
Within 10 minutes of CGC announcing the pricing of the different editions they said they are considering selling the topper later for SE owners. You can't really argue that CGC said the topper would be forever exclusive, just that it exclusively comes with LE (this statement still remains true if they sell the toppers later).
Essentially, what they have said is that the LE includes the topper and the SE does not. This statement does not indicate long term exclusivity in any way. Just simply, one comes with it and one does not.
They also said the LE will come with a shaker motor and the SE won't. Would people really be upset if CGC sold shaker motors for SE owners to upgrade their machines at a later date if they wanted to? It's the same concept.
In my eyes the limited/exclusive aspect of the LE is essentially that little plaque that says 'x of 1250' and other companies don't even really respect that anymore as they just create different types of limited editions now (look at 40th EHOH or Yellow Brick WOZ). It's also worth noting that it's not uncommon for companies to sell more LEs than standard editions. According to Jack, the standard editions of their games are legitimately more rare on some JJP games.
Coming from someone who did manage to get a pre-order for a CCR LE, I do hope they produce more toppers for the SE owners for the following reasons:
- The more toppers they build, the easier they will be to get a hold of if mine breaks out of the warranty period. There appears to be a decent amount of movement in these toppers and they seem bound to break after a long enough period of time.
- I prefer pinball machines that are decked out, the more fully featured CCRs in the wild, the better.
- It would have a negative impact on flippers. Flippers who buy a game, not to enjoy, but just to resell at a higher price are scum.

There are screen shots everywhere stating LE topper exclusively.. just like AFM and MB, just how they worded it to sell the game. If I was this company, I wouldn't mess with it.

#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Talking class action lawsuit is stupid. Not having a clearly communicated decision on whether or not the topper will be exclusive, and if not how much it will cost, after working on this pin for several years is equally stupid.
More than enough stupid to go around.

If a company makes stupid moves, it always costs the company money. That's how CEO's lose their high salary positions.

#2491 2 years ago

CGC doesn't have a CEO.
LTG : )

Why don't you put her in charge? Classic Bill Paxton. Guess they're just floating around over at CGC. No accountability. Makes sense, considering.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

this is my design for speaker grills
if you are interested, let me know PM
[quoted image]

Nice!

#2496 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, they have an owner. Who is quite astute at running the company which includes video games, making cabinets, and playfields.

I know, was just being sarcastic about the CEO bit. I think they did a great job, but I would have dropped LE crap and pumped them out like crazy. This was a low run game. Just my 2 cents.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

This topper issue is a stupid thing to obsess over, and how long has it been going on? The last 4 or 5 pages of this thread? I'm in on an LE, already had my deposit accepted by Nevada Pinball (aka PPS), and I couldn't care less if they sell these toppers to SE buyers in the future. It doesn't have anything to do with me because I am buying this game for my family's enjoyment. I'm not a flipper. I buy games for their intended purpose. If an SE buyer can get one of these toppers down the line and use it to improve their game then I say great! I know I'm getting a great deal with the topper included in my purchase. That's good enough for me. If you want exclusivity, make your own one-and-done topper. Otherwise, let CGC make their money on these accessories so they will survive as a company well into the future and therefore, produce more games we want.

I'm not a flipper either, I enjoy the rariety of it. You should see the shit I have to go through to buy a Limited edition Ferrari. Why would I buy it otherwise if its just another toyota?

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from tallkid84:

The major difference there is your pin is increasing in value due to the work you are directly putting into it, not by trying to make sure no one else can get something they want for their pin so yours stays more "exclusive" and increases in value. Again, I understand the arguments being made here at face value, and not saying they aren't valid to some extent. If the company said they were making 'x' number of LEs, and that was someone's main reason for buying it, I can see that person being upset. At the same time, I think people making those arguments need to check how their stance on this issue completely clashes with their stance on the other issues in the pin world I mentioned in my post. I think threatening to sue over it is a joke. I think some complaining didn't even order to begin with. I think many complaining still wouldn't cancel their order and "put their money where there mouth is". And most of all, I think there is a huge difference between someone's mindset who buys an LE because THEY want something special for THEMSELVES vs. someone who buys an LE because OTHER PEOPLE won't be able to get it and they can feel special. And you can see in the replies in this thread the former people who really don't care if they produce more, vs the latter who are throwing a fit. I think those latter people are likely crappy people in general, and it probably shows in other avenues of their life as well. They're basically fulfilling their ego by bringing others down, rather than just bringing themselves up. More of a general life philosophy then just pinball related.
Nor am I minimizing that pins are expensive and people should be proud/enjoy that fact and wish for them to maintain that value. It's obvious a majority of pin purchasers wind up having to sell old pins to finance their new ones because it is an expensive hobby. The fact is though, pins already do maintain their value. Used pins are selling for more than NIB of the same make and model just because supply is what it is vs. demand, not to mention long production times and people just not wanting to wait. It's a bogus argument based on a premise that isn't reflective of reality. And many making that argument openly acknowledge this in other threads like I pointed out. The "pin bubble bursting" threads alone show this numerous times. It's not so much an argument as veiled attempt to hide their selfishness or ulterior motives for their purchase other than for the enjoyment of the pin.
I appreciate your reply, and will agree reading a variety of opinions on any topic is a good thing. The more people voicing opinions, the more we can all learn. What I don't like are the amount of definitive statements like "this will bankrupt the company if they do this, they'll never recover!", the idle threats of lawsuits or "I'll never buy from them again!", and really most of all, the rampant hypocrisy. It's a drag man, and it feels more like Facebook then the Pinside msg board.

No drag man, if they don't shoot themselves in foot.. all will be well. Stick to the fine print as they say. Then relax and smoke a jay.

#2827 2 years ago

I think they should redesign the topper for the SE crowd. No one can say anything negative then.

#3127 2 years ago

i gave up to purr pressure. lol. been asked to take this comment down. I normally don't do this, but more games can be made and its better for our economy. I'm a realist. Sorry to anyone that thinks...I'm a sellout. Sorry. Normally stick to my guns. haha!

#3217 2 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Rich guy problems, am I right?

drop a quarter, were all on the same page... I grew up poor, worked my ass off to get here... I really think i was happier poor. I personally think its a karat on string in front of your face trick to keep everyone chasing it. I finally bit the karat, but I was happier 20 years ago, enjoy your family., while they are still here. nothing else matters. Pinball is fun too

#3226 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gzuz. Just enjoy your fruit Ice. Trick is to relax the sphincter…

What r you selling? besides PINS ;D

#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sexy sexy fruit baskets.

lol, thought I was linked to ICE. But since you have one. sold! gotta stay natural with the woke crowd. PINS!

#3264 2 years ago

man, did this company just shoot itself in the foot or what? I predict half future sales. I'm out and several buddy's that own bars just said out! resale was everything. OUT buy second hand when it coms along.

#3751 2 years ago

Another option no one has mentioned... if you feel there was switch baiting shenanigan's from this company, don't buy any new games at all. Wait for a beat up one to hit the market and restore it at a fraction of the cost. That's my plan for the Stern and JJP games. Waiting for all of the bad quality torn up playfields to hit the market and restore them to diamond plate glory at a fraction! I'm a very patient guy, no problem waiting here. But I am extremely happy with my purchase with Alien from PB, personally- the best playfield on the market! What a beauty. Enjoy, cheers!

#3755 2 years ago

I've been waiting for some of the older CGC remake games to drop in price for a little while now and those prices keep going up.
That is not to say they won't eventually drop in value, but you'll need a lot more patients than I have for that. I've also seen a lot of these games on location with perfect playfields. It would take real neglect to get these games to the point where the playfield needs replacing, I don't think you'll see many of those either.

My MMRLE is peeling up and that's HUO. time will tell.

#3757 2 years ago

The playfield is peeling up? Or the cabinet? I've heard of cabinet issues on some of their first games, but I would expect that they've figured that out with their later games.

Playfield.. I haven't heard that or looked at the cab. Thanks for the heads up!

#3789 2 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

Hey Doug
Sins we have you here explaining the playfields. How come that the Monsterbash playfield get so much dimplings and not the other remakes?

I'd take that anyday over the MMRLE peeling, must be a stern made playfield since they did build MMR then. That would make sense.

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Ugh...lesson learned.

So it looks like bullet proof playfield's after stern MMr's. Won't be any chance to get a beat up CCr then so my #3751 post doesn't apply to CGC. Just sterns and JJP.lol. learn something new everyday. Thanks Doug. Congrats! Williams quality, love it! Looking forward to CCr.

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yo cowboys and cowgirls…..managed to get in on our distro’s CCR LE allocation at the last minute. Deposit paid!!!!
Better oil up the pineapples and sign up to the class action lawsuit…..got to stop these toppers being handed out like confetti to every schmuck SE buyer. I HAD TO WORK HARD FOR THIS LE SLOT!!!

Had to search back regarding the class action b.s mentioned above because I thought that comment was hilarious. Shit, it was me. Damn. Gotta quit drinking. sye.

1 week later
#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The news is about funhouse 2.0 today!

Nice!! didn't hear about this. Thanks! Any price? found this.
https://www.free-play.se/en/pinball-machines/funhouse-rudys-nightmare-kit.html

#4120 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So, given that Elvira HOH is now pushed until at least Dec 2022, what are the odds I can get in on a CCr Special Edition Plus?

what! Are they sold out?

#4124 2 years ago

I was thinking that exact same thing. lol

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

CGC hasn’t laid this out clearly, but here is my current understanding:
There will be 3 different rule sets:
Original code: Included with all models - original rules from original release
Enhanced code: Included with all models - “finished” code as was originally intended (Bionic Bart, additional modes for completing 3x of each shot, etc.)
Lyman code: Additional cost - not much is known at this time. It will include new software, and could include new hardware, unknown when it will be available.

What if everyone boycotts the new code that you have to pay for? Then they just wasted all of their time and money on it which should be included in the msrp anyways. I guess that would be better than starting a new trend for JJP and stern. Personally, this is my last new in box, so I don't care what happens. Feel bad for the suckers getting ready for this new" pay more for code" trend that's about to happen.

#4157 2 years ago

I disagree with this statement.
The game will come with completed code and the original code. That is more than we are owed.
The option to essentially buy DLC in the form of new code is great and will just breathe more life into an old game. Nobody is going to force you to buy it.
I honestly wish more games had multiple code sets. It's kind of the Multimorphic P3 approach. One playfield does not need to be restricted to one code set.

shit, it's already started... Stern video below, they want $60 for the new code upgrade for Godzilla.

1 month later
#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

FK it, I’m moving to Canadia, Sparwood / Whistler seems good ? And Pinny’s will be cheaper

And with electric surfboards, off-road skateboards... who needs salt water or mountains?

2 weeks later
#5057 2 years ago

Dam, horrible news for sure. He wasn't that old, no? 50's? To soon, either way.

#5068 2 years ago

Just poured one for Lyman.. hope there's pinball in heaven buddy. If not, there's always a game turned on here 24/7.

#5155 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please don't be too hard on Ryan. That Expo presentation was on the fly. And he was dead tired from getting the game there and setting it up. They were literally setting it up going into the seminar. And his laptop wouldn't interface with the hotels equipment. He did the best anybody could.
And at the factory he is under a lot of pressure. Especially with suppliers. Not delivering on time. Not the correct parts. Or even disappearing.
There was a time during the shut down he was alone boxing up MMR Royals to ship.
He's only one guy and working miracles in these crazy times.

I can't speak for everyone but, for me.. take your time, do it right and don't stress about it. Even if it takes a couple of years, I don't care. If anyone drops out on a LE, that game will get bought up so fast it will make your head spin. Looking forward to just having this amazing game. Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=lamberger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.