(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

might grab this too after reveal

If you think Afm is repetitive, then I’m not sure why you’d grab a Cactus Canyon. It’s on the same level of repetitiveness.

2 months later
#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I expect <$500

My bet is more than $500.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Can a distributor in LA make contact with me and sell me an LE with topper
Thanks

My guess is that there are long lists. I know I’m on three for an LE. I bet all the LEs will be spoken for by people on the interested lists.

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I totally hear ya man. We may be rethinking the whole “fair” aspect after we see the Lyman code cost.

I think you are thinking the right way about the Lyman code cost. I’m right with you. I think people will be surprised to see how much it is. If it was $1000 I wouldn’t be shocked at all. Some toppers are $1000 and they don’t add anything to them game.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You'll buy from Robert Mueller but not Rick...got it.

Ouch…

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are all LE's already sold out or are some distributors taking orders still? Game looks great.

I know one distributor told me they haven’t been given their allotment from CGC yet.

#1717 2 years ago

How about moving to a lottery system for such high demand pins? That would eliminate preferential treatment and racing to get on the “list”. I’ve been on three CCR lists since the beginning of summer. I haven’t heard from any of those three distributors yet, so we shall see. However, a lottery seems like a better approach. For example, should I get on the “list” now for CGC’s release in 2025? It’s not sour grapes, just making a point.

#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Thats what a lot actually do before even knowing the game.

I’m sure but that only makes any real sense if those people have to make a commitment to make the purchase when being put on the “list”. There is no downside to getting on the “list” because you can just pass on the title anyway. A lottery seems easier for everyone including the distributor.

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m guessing the LE guys are gonna want an answer on this before they lay their money down as some will want to switch to the SE if they can buy the topper later.

If they allow SE owners to buy the topper separately, presumably at a price of about $1000, then the total cost of the SE is only $250 less than the LE. That means they are basically one in the same at that point and that doesn’t make any sense. The only things that make the LE different at that point are a bit of wood and a plaque. The LE plaque at that point would be a bit of a joke.

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Watch now as he states it wasn't sold on Pinside to avoid paying it back to the community... $5k markup... what an ass. Guess it was all in the name of science though.

I don’t know if the seller is the ass or the buyer…

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Myself, I'd see this as a major hit to Chicago's integrity. Don't do LEs if you don't want them to be LEs. I wanted a MM Royal and I don't have one. I'm still glad they made them.

I have to say that I agree. I think CGC always intended the topper to be exclusive to the LE. I would be disappointed if they intentionally tried to wordsmith the feature descriptions to leave it ambiguous as to what their intentions were with the topper and, to be honest, I don’t CGC would ever be that sly with their wording in that fashion. If they did, it would just be misleading and that’s really bad business. I think to most everyone it was pretty clear that the intent was to make the topper exclusive to the LE. If that wasn’t the case, then there is really no reason to get the LE. To me, it’s just common sense and I don’t know how CGC can now back track on that. I think they just need to live with it on this one and do something different with the next release.

#2619 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure “only” and “exclusively” mean the same thing. I don’t get the argument that CGC didn’t intended the topper to be exclusive to the LE. They did and that’s what they advertised. The only question is whether they are going to change their mind and go against what they advertised.

#2707 2 years ago

I think most people are missing the point with their arguments regarding the topper. The marketing materials clearly said it was included with the “Limited Edition only”. If they change their mind, it’s because hindsight is 20-20. It has nothing to do with flippers or value or excluding SE buyers. It has to do with what they said they would do.

Think about it in other industries. If I quoted a fee for a work project and found out after the fact I could have charged more, do I go back to the client and say - Forget my original fee quote, I’m now expecting to get paid some greater dollar amount based on facts I learned after the fact? No. You live with it and stay true to your word and make adjustments next time. It’s just good business. I think the real question here is just the difference between right and wrong and nothing else.

#2716 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What a bunch of whiny self entitled babies.

Are you referring to the LE or SE buyers?

#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Then you have never had a contractor come in and fix ANYTHING in your house. They ALWAYS change the bid after ripping open the wall and finding out its more then they expected. You have never taken you car to the mechanic either then

Your examples are poor and really not applicable. There is a difference between an estimate and final bid. Plus, I’m sure there is language in any contract with a contractor that says if they find mold in the walls or something the price will change. Anyway, what you are referring to are estimates, which are subject to change. So, for example, if CGC said they estimates the price of a pin to be $8,000 then that price is subject to change. The only language I saw from CGC was - Limited Edition only. It didn’t say subject to change or anything like that. If it did, that would be more along the lines of an estimate.

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Then what does MSRP stand for?

My example using price is merely an example to illustrate the concept of an estimate. We are talking about toppers. With that being said, if you look at the thread, Doug from CGC said he will be policing distributors pricing practices, so I believe he intends the price to be the price. Besides, take a look at the attached pic. Where does it say MSRP?

3C5524AF-9450-407B-A71F-4091CA0825F1 (resized).png3C5524AF-9450-407B-A71F-4091CA0825F1 (resized).png
#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Ok, then let me cut and paste then other listing for the other games as proof they have to make a CE edition.

What?

#2855 2 years ago

I’m still happy with my LE purchase, but I do think the difference between the SE and LE is now very minimal. With that being said, can’t wait for my ship date!

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So how about LE's don't have to pay for Lyman code??

I was thinking something similar. Maybe they can do something to further differentiate the LE from the SEs other than the topper. There really isn’t much difference now.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I think CGC ought to offer a backglass to the LE buyers

I’d even pay a little extra for it as an LE buyer.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Benefits of the GLoP are as follows:
- Option to purchase an exclusive mirrored Cactus Canyon backglass (offered only to our CCR customers, limit is one per customer)

So, only buyers from PPS can get a mirrored back glass?? I have a deposit on an LE and have been opened minded on the topper issue. However, as an LE buyer, I think I should have the ability to get the best possible version of the game. My deposit isn’t with PPS and if only PPS customers can get the mirrored back glass then I guess there is a second tier of LE now and I think that it is total BS.

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

The wording is kind of vague…maybe it’s offered to anyone who purchased CCR regardless of where.

I have to say that I’m kind of tired of vague wording. This shouldn’t be this complicated. As someone who has a deposit down on an LE, I didn’t concern myself with the topper issue. However, I do expect to be able to get the absolute best version of the game and that includes the back glass. I’ll see how it all plays out, but my patience is running thin. It’s just too complicated and I’m not sure it’s worth it.

#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got my le from flipnout really would like to pay extra for mirror backglass. Your basically telling people you messed up not ordering direct. I’m loyal to Zach bc he treats me well. Kind of sucks.

I second that and am in the exact same position as you.

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

LE buyers can get a refund

That’s true, but with a refund the LE buyers don’t get what they bargained for and what they were clearly told they would receive. A refund doesn’t fix that.

#2991 2 years ago

CGC clearly stated the topper came with the “LE only”. That’s what CGC said not any Pinsider or LE buyer. Those were CGC’s words and only CGC’s words. I guess your definition of “free market” is that people can just do whatever they want, which I guess at the end of the day they can, but at what cost?

I’ll remember your position if I ever sell you a pin. Once we agree on a price and shake hands on the deal, I’ll be glad to know that immediately thereafter I can change my mind and tell you I need another $1000 to do the deal and you won’t have a problem with it.

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

1 year + software to make topper, CGC would be crazy not to sell more than 1250 Toppers

I guess they are crazy because that’s that they said they would do…until they changed their mind.

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

CGC handled the situation as best they could.

I disagree. The best they could have done was to honor their original deal and what they said at the outset. That would have been the best course of action and the safest, but maybe not the most profitable in the short term.

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But didnt they state on launch at expo that they had not decided about the topper availability?

The features matrix said the topper was “LE only”. It’s been posted on this thread i don’t know how many times yet people still seem to miss or overlook that fact. Take a look.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The wording in that picture is ambiguous

Please explain how the wording “Topper (limited edition only)” is ambiguous.

#3106 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, let’s look from another angle.

So you now agree the language isn’t ambiguous?

The issue with your other angle is that it isn’t what happened. That’s not the set of facts we are working with. At the end of the day, I feel CGC broke a clear representation that buyers relied on. Period. Nothing that has happened after that point in time matters. They don’t need to do anymore or any less than what they originally represented. They just need to honor what they originally said they would.

#3117 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That was on the original matrix. The new matrix doesn’t say LE only.

Yes. And that is the issue. Well said.

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No where does it say exclusive.

I think “only” and “exclusive” are one in the same and mean the same thing. In fact, I just googled the definition of “only” and it says “exclusively”.

#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I had no idea it was an "unannounced optional product".
It was not made clear (to us casual observers) that there was going to be a third and entirely separate base of code.

Well, if you are new to the thread and revisit the posts you will see a lot is and wasn’t clear, so I guess we all just need to roll with it.

#3816 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Hope someone plans on making a train station or something nice to cover up this motor.

I’m going to guess that CGC has that covered with the final production design…pun intended.

#3820 2 years ago
Quoted from davej:

So, with the SE+ announced and I assume a number of people will upgrade their order will us LE folks now wait for our games longer while more toppers are being produced?

Zach M mentioned on his podcast that CGC is doing 500 SEs between now and the end of the year and then is moving to LEs. Yes, 500 sounds like a lot in that timeframe.

#3824 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I'm guessing they probably have more SE orders than 500?

I’m sure but they are only doing 500 and then doing the LEs or at least that’s what Zach M. said.

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it just me or do others prefer the Stainless Trim vs the Gun Metal on the LE. I think it just fits the game better. Maybe it can be swapped out.

I think you should keep an open mind until you see it in person. I’m willing to bet it looks pretty good in person.

1 week later
#4099 2 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out why all of this is so complicated and opaque.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from pinagogo:

It isn't complicated or opaque

I appreciate the response but respectfully disagree. The entire process has been opaque. In terms of the backglass, it’s not opaque to you because you are an insider. However, it’s opaque to me. No one has communicated anything to me about the backglass. I have an LE order with Flip N Out and I don’t believe Zach has any information on the backglass. I’m not concerned about it but to say this hasn’t been opaque is, in my opinion, quite a stretch.

#4136 2 years ago

I am guessing $250-$300

I think this is a good range. From what I’ve heard and, take it for what it’s worth, it doesn’t sound like the Lyman code is going to be a complete rework. In other words, I don’t think it is as big a project or overhaul as some of us thought it would be.

#4143 2 years ago

It really doesn't need to be. Just adding to what the base code is totally works for me.

Wasn’t complaining, was just saying…

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

, they will gladly spend $500+ on a game with new code developed by one of the greatest coders ever.

Maybe we should keep this a secret amongst ourselves? Not sure it makes sense to let CGC or any other manufacturer how much we are all willing I spend. If the price is high, we can then blame ourselves. At least in part.

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Oh, they know, but I'll play along

It’s just one of those odd things in pinball where people seem to like to brag about how much they will spend whereas with pretty much any other hobby or purchasing environment the less you spend the better.

In the end, “they know” because we keep telling them.

2 weeks later
#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I would tell the complainers in this thread to grow up, but then again we are all just hanging out on a pinball forum as adults

I agree, especially with the the debate on how the reveal was handled. Let’s just move on no matter what your view of the reveal may be. Hopefully, pins will start shipping soon and things appear to point towards CCR being a fantastic pin.

2 weeks later
#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In fairness, it’s probably not reasonable to expect them to update us during the holidays.

I get what your saying, but last week wasn’t really a full holiday week and it only takes a few minutes for Mr. Duba to post on this thread anyway. When there were issues with the launch and sales were on the line, he seemed very willing to post. Just a simple observation. I’m not worked up about it and I have an LE ordered.

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Meh. They’ll come when they come.
Anyone ansy about delays getting a pin can see everybody’s way behind. It’s just a pinball machine. Life goes on and I’ll get an email about it shipping someday.
I’ve got tons of other shit to live for before then.

I think you are missing the point. I think most everyone feels the same way. They just want an update. Not a lot to ask and just seems like a good business move from a PR standpoint.

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No, WE all don’t want an update. WE do want them to get everything right and have the same quality they always do.

I think you are missing the point. I didn’t suggest that they rush production or sacrifice quality in any way. However, if CGC or any business says something is going to happen and it doesn’t, then I think it’s appropriate and good business practice to communicate with your customers, people that are spending a lot of money on your product. CGC said games would ship in 2021. They didn’t. That’s fine, but don’t go silent. Why didn’t they ship? You mention component and shipping delays but CGC knew all of that when they said games would ship in 2021. The component and shipping delays aren’t new developments. I have an LE ordered and am not worried about anything, but I would like to be treated by CGC with a little respect. That’s all. It’s a two minute post on Pinside. Not a lot of effort on their part.

#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Go keyboard commando someone else.

Look who is talking

#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Go lay down by your dish. Men are talking

I’ve finally met the smartest guy in the room. I’m slow because I know he’s known all the time.

#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

So, let me get this straight, someone calls you out on a false premise and your all offended. Then jumps another conversation like a little kid needing attention and yet again gets offended.
Ok let me make an offer. I can be over to Lloyds when he opens tomorrow and we can have an adult conversation over some pinball and play some CGC games discussing the new CCr.
So how keyboard commando are you now?
On a side note, going to Texas pinball if the guy from Texas wants to do the same
Super excited to see if the game of the code is gonna hit first.

What?

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Why don't you children take it to PM so the rest of us men can continue the thread?

He wouldn’t have his audience then.

#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

does it concern anyone that CGC may move onto the next game before we see said code and CCr ends up being like Pirates and what's in the world is what's in the world?

No. No concern whatsoever. Why do you think there is any chance they would do that? Just curious.

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s been more than two months since their last update here.

If Mr. Duba wasn’t so willing to chime in when sales were on the line, the lack of updates wouldn’t really bother me. However, because he did and now has his sales, there hasn’t been any updates despite missing a shipping deadline. I guess that’s really my issue with the lack of updates.

#4889 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

You should contact him direct if you have a problem. If this bugs you that much. Go direct to him.

Honestly, it doesn’t bother me that much, just adding to the discussion. I just think an update is the right thing to do from a business standpoint. However, I appreciate your smart recommendation.

#4988 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Any ETA on when LEs are shipping?

Only rumors and educated guesses.

#5058 2 years ago

Terribly sad news. What a loss for the pinball community. I’m sure almost every one in this thread touched a Lyman pin at one point or another. He was the master.

1 month later
#5708 2 years ago

Tilt in Minneapolis has an SE ready to play at 2:00 today.

3 months later
#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

And then keep that little thought to yourself then. So negative.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with what he said. He was just stating his opinion which he is entitled to do. He wasn’t being rude or disrespectful.

#6295 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

His opinion also happened to be correct!

It’s not a matter of right or wrong. It’s just an opinion and if you agree with it or not. More importantly, it’s all about being respectful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,500 (OBO)
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.