(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

If Lyman is on code, it will be hard to resist this one! Shoot, even if he isn't on code, it will be.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

You can make anything look very similar however it will never be the exact same. Collectors look at everything when determining value. To me I wanted the Royal edition for the new electrical components. Earlier editions of MMRLE had some issues. Not all but I have run across a few. Playfield insert problems as well. I like new and factory. But that's just me. I do feel there is a difference between a classic or MMR LE to the Royal. Yes they will all play the same. CGC has gotten alot better making pinball machines throughout the years. They have learned alot and it shows with the constant innovation. New board system, New mech for drawbridge, Better playfields, they had cloudy inserts and I believe there was a misspelling on early run playfields as well. I had a classic completely decked out. I sold mine and upgraded to a Royal and since decked that one out as well.

No two pins are exactly the same, but you can literally modify a classic edition all the way to the same thing as a Royal: topper, powdercoat, lcd conversion, rgb conversion, modify pops and speakers to rgb, mirror blades if you want. I’m with @Concretehardt, at that price a HEP restored MM is much more appealing. But I’ll definitely take a classic or special edition when they are out again!

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

378 royal editions. No more royals will ever get made. Seems pretty limited to me.

Not seeing how this is limited, as you can take the other thousands of MMRs and reproduce every single aspect of the RE.

I guess if the RE had special features not obtainable for other editions, like Radcals or a silk screened cabinets, or EL side art such as from Pingraffix, additional or improved mechs or extra figures, perhaps upgraded lockdown bar art like MBrLE, modified apron design, speaker panel upgrade, topper unique to the RE (the rest of us with another option), or an improved sound system, etc etc—unique and exclusive to the RE, then I’d agree. When the RE was announced, I was excited to see what they would do, and pleased with the results, but a little surprised they didn't work on the dragon, trolls and damsel a bit, and enhance some other things. Just imagine lighting up the castle, using a plexiglass backboard for lightning flashers, using an amplifier system and perhaps a topper speaker, and so forth. As it stands, I can duplicate every single thing on the RE, and probably will, for less, with extra features not included in it.
I've owned way too many MMs and MMrs the last 20 years...

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

The RE does have a special feature not obtainable for other editions, its called a serial number. 378 serialized RE's left the factory. Zero more are being created. Thats how limited editions work.

Agree, back to CCr!

2 months later
#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not a fan of Rick. That’s it. I’m sure they will sell their allotment. Not to me though
He has 50 to blow through on each game per his contract. That leaves 1,200.
If it was the last game available in his warehouse I wouldn’t do it

Well, gotta disagree with you on this one. I've worked with Rick and Sara for years, and they are awesome.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody has different experiences. I didn’t say Sara
Doesn’t matter because there are plenty of options thankfully
If you think Rick is beloved then not sure what to say about that . It’s universal

I don't think anyone said anything about Rick being beloved, or anyone else for that matter, well maybe Sara. The point is that many have had good experiences with PPS. They hold the rights to Williams games, as you know, and are a big part of why we can even get remakes.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nobody likes him

I also like him. I'm buying pinball machines, not voting for class president.

#1270 2 years ago

I need more time on this game and will have to make a decision based on what people are seeing, hope we get a lot of reviews this weekend! I’ve played CCC maybe 10 or 15 times, and it was fun but it didn’t grab me like MM/AFM etc. I’d bet it will be great with more code, but not sure. Give us some feedback, you Expo guys!

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I said it was hilarious.

The real question here is would you like Rick if he were a Texan? The strong silent type who doesn't peddle his machines.

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d probably like him if he was friends with Mueller

Well, that's a start!

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree. He was unprepared, unprofessional and acted like he didn't even want to be there. Zero enthusiasm about the game or their company. Hard to believe he's a Vice President in charge of sales and marketing as he put the entire company in a very poor light imo. That was a bad hangover presentation if ever I have seen one.

Doug Duba is such a nice guy, wish he did the reveals.

#1827 2 years ago

If any of you west coast guys would like to trade your nice MBrLE, MM/MMr or AFMLE for my CCrLE, let me know. I can just walk outside for cowboy country . Looks amazing as usual from CGC. I think one of the others may be more my speed. PM if that sounds interesting.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If any of you west coast guys would like to trade your nice MBrLE, MM/MMr or AFMLE for my CCrLE, let me know. I can just walk outside for cowboy country . Looks amazing as usual from CGC. I think one of the others may be more my speed. PM if that sounds interesting.

Never mind, I loved CCContinued at Banning, and will be excited to see what Lyman does with this one!

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

2 new LE sale/trade ads this a.m. Goodmorning, and welcome to flipper / scalper / opportunistic douchebaggery at it finest!

Actually, that machine I listed for trade just went to a friend for zero upcharge. I sold my last MMr for $7500, but with the increase in value (missed out on the MMrRE), seems like an equivalent value now. I have been in this hobby a long time, and do not play the flipper game.

#2774 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok... here goes...
Topper mini game...
Strike the beer mug 10 times to qualify it...
When mode starts ball is trapped in scoop or return lane can't remember which..
There is a line of LEDs on bottom edge of topper... this lights up a single led dot that you can move left or right with your flipper buttons. In the windows of the town, characters light up signifying good and bad characters. Place dot in line with lit window and press both flippers to shoot. Hit only bad guys and it keeps playing... hit a good guy, mode ends. That's about it folks. The windows have skull and crossbones lit up when you hit the target. That was my experience at expo.

So...was it fun?

#2907 2 years ago

I wonder if AFMr and MBr toppers will become available as well. This will reduce pressure on the LE frenzy in the future if a new business model.

#2998 2 years ago

This feels a little like a return to the pre-LE/CE era when you just buy the machine as built and enjoy it. Maybe CGC will take this into the future with new titles, selling the additions separately from a base model. That may have a positive effect to keep the costs down and deescalate the frenzy over every new release. Having said that, interest in this title from collectors concerned about value may also go down, resulting in more available machines. It’s all good, there are a lot of new pinheads to pick them up. I just hope the other toppers become available as well.

#3118 2 years ago

An alternative SE topper might have been a good solution, perhaps static with lights. Frankly, just sticking with the original agreement on this game would have been best. Change the formula before the next release if needed, with advance notice. This same thing did happen with MMrRE and surprisingly it made no difference in value. I think the same probably isn’t true here though.

#3148 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

This is not just about the topper. Cgc can easily step up and make the LE buyers whole. They had no problem helping out the SE buyers. And for me a backglass doesn't do it.

How can they do that?

4 months later
#6164 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You've been given the link to CGC's statement that they would NOT make more Royals in the MMr thread. Yet you keep pushing your fake news on different threads. You can speculate all you want but stop pretending you haven't heard about no more Royals.
The post is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/87#post-5273926
The highlight is:
"We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time."
Yes we KNOW you were pissed as an original LE buyer/owner that they were coming out with another better "limited" version. You've made your feelings known many times on that other thread. The Royals aren't numbered to appease folks like you that feel cheated somehow.
Personally I expect them to only make SEs in the next run and no classics. Whether they offer the topper or not remains to be seen. Other than the topper the only real difference between the SE and Royal is the shaker, powdercoat, and warranty anyway. They're all the same lol.
My Royal leaves tomorrow to make room for CCr (and a P3). MM was a grail game for me and I enjoyed it thoroughly during the 2 years I had it but I beat it fairly regularly now and it's just time to go.

This will in practice be the same thing as the RE, except for the RGB pops (easy mod), mirrored blades (don't like them anyhow), and powdercoat (prefer the original metal). They have already been pretty clear that this is intended to be like the SE+ version of CCr: larger screen, topper, etc. They may or may not bundle the topper or sell it separately from what I have been told. I don't understand the prestige factor for RE owners. It is the same game, was sold for $10k because of the upgrades, and many took a pass as the topper and screen upgrade were available for the other models. Honestly, I feel like I will be getting more of what I want in MM than the RE option, plus some of my own mods, dragon, trolls, Merlin, archers with interactive lighting. I'm in for my last round.

#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the mirror blades on 2 games (Royal and SW Prem) and I really like the look. Brightens the game without add-on spots or pinstadiums. It depends on the game for me. Wouldn't want it on my other games.
Not sure about the "prestige" thing. I only bought the Royal because it had the extra stuff I would've bought anyway. Didn't cost more than getting the game then the add-ons. Win-win for me. Oh and I liked the free powdercoat on it although it looks plain black in most settings. You need bright lighting to see the sparkle effect.

Quoted from JMK:

Have a MMR Royal- not sure about this prestige factor either but IMO it’s a beautiful package. In my games room, the black speckled powdercoat looks really sharp.
All my pin friends & fam have commented how amazing the game plays & looks. Game is likely bolted forever.
I think all MMR options look pretty great.
In the end, I do think the CCR LE may rival my Royal. Can’t wait to take eventual delivery!

You guys may be different on that and just love the product. Pinball is a bit out of control right now. It is reassuring that CGC is selling CCr at a reasonable price in crazy times, and with better supply chains, maybe this will trickle through the system eventually.

#6169 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I was told no more Royals when I spoke with CGC 6 months ago. If, and that’s an IF, they remake MMr it will be long after CCr are long gone and they were speculating that even after the next original theme run. 2023 is ‘most likely’ not a run date anymore, more like mid to late 2024.
My opinion on these remarks, they’re hoping to get past the MM remakes and into future titles. I dunno, maybe it’s run it’s course with them? Been on their lineup off and on since 2014.

I called CGC earlier this week to ask about something else and was told they are extremely busy but plan to squeeze a run of MMrs in next year. Back to CCr though, hope we see some continued code in the upgrade!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.