(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

100% unfortunately this will never happen.
Disney has bigger fish to fry and they are not interest in the peanuts from the pinball world.

Never say never. Anything is possible in this hobby - “improbable at this time” would be a safer bet.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What I did appreciate, is how many things they put into the games.

That was my major gripe with Houdini - there were too many shots. I love the theme, but the width of some shots is way too narrow. I wanted to love it, but it frustrates me to play it.

2 weeks later
#647 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not necessarily. There are a significant number of collectors that prefer the Williams originals.

I am one of those that would prefer a HUO or high quality restored MM, AFM or MB over the remakes.

But new code (*SIGNIFICANT* new code), would change my preference to a CCr over an original.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

anyone know any distros that might have an LE left?

I don’t think my distributor has received his final allocation numbers yet.

Have they even announced how many LEs they are making?

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I for one am hoping that it would be no more then 9k which would still be 1k over their last LE monster bash;

I don’t see them leaving money on the table - I am guessing the LE will be between $10k-$11k. CGC just watched Stern sell 1000 GZLEs at $10.5k in seconds.

I hate it, but it is what it is.

#738 2 years ago

CGC hasn’t said how many LEs there will be so no distributor other than PP knows how many they will get.

1 week later
#790 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Come on CGC, I could really use some good news in my life right about now. Please release the game!

I’m *guessing* the full reveal will be at Expo in 2 weeks. The real question will be whether they have playable games there or not.

1 week later
#918 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea, I'm losing hope. I think it will be a cookie cutter presentation again. I hope they at least reveal pricing and when distributors can start taking orders. Maybe some pics?

I bet it’s mostly the same presentation, but they reveal the topper.

#1050 2 years ago

$9250 LE

#1055 2 years ago

I had the video posted - but Zach has better version below

#1057 2 years ago

SE $8000

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What color is that armor?

It’s silver - but it has a nice matte texture

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect LEs will be readily available in the next couple weeks. 1250 is a lot.

I don’t know - 1000 GZLEs were instantly sold out. Spooky sold 1750 games in an hour (the bulk of which were CE).

CC has been a popular (and prohibitively expensive) title for 20 years so there’s a lot of pent up demand for this one. The enhanced code announcement moved it from a “maybe” to a “heck yes” for a lot of people (me included).

The LEs will be sold out this week easy.

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don't get this... people keep saying that Spooky sold out in less than an hour. You can still find distributors that have some of their allotment left (for both games). I placed an order for a CE about a week after they opened bookings.

You purchased your game from a distrib, not spooky. Spooky sold all 1750 games in an hour - most of those went to individuals, but some distributors bought large quantities.

I guess it’s however you want to look at it - but from Spooky’s perspective, they have sold out the run and will make 1750 games.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Portkey:

Does anyone know what the topper is capable of doing other then the arms moving on the gunfighter? On some close up images it looks like there are figures in the windows of the buildings. Might these be part of some special game modes?

There are characters in each window and if you look closely in the pic I took, you can see a skull and crossbones outline in each window. I assume the skull and crossbones lights when the character is defeated.

2D5D1B16-3ACA-496B-BD1D-A174DFE232E6 (resized).jpeg2D5D1B16-3ACA-496B-BD1D-A174DFE232E6 (resized).jpeg

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It is almost unsolvable.

I would take it a step further and say it’s an impossible task. If there were a perfect solution, we would all be pointing to it and say “do it just like (x)”. But there isn’t.

Insane demand + inflation + parts shortages + buyer FOMO + competing titles + workforce issues + pandemic = sh*t show.

I’m honesty just happy that these manufacturers are beating the odds and getting games out. Pinball is hard!

#2124 2 years ago

I wonder what percentage of buyers only became interested after the enhanced code announcement? I know I’m one of them.

If this is the standard going forward, I just got a lot more excited about TOTANr.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It just shows this is kinda a new thing. I swore off buying le’s sight-unseen after Munsters. Then we played jp in September of 2019 (it was launched in July) and we bought it in early October. At the time the distributor still had 2 more left.
I think all of this is cyclical… games are impossible to get … until they aren’t. It may take another year or two, but at some point things will even out.

If only we could have a WWE caliber game come out, maybe it would poison the LE well for the flippers.

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Excluding Addams Family Gold, I don't think Bally/WMS had anything "limited".

Black Knight and Eight Ball Deluxe had limited editions in the ‘80s.

Honestly - the LE price inflation wasn’t a thing until the last year or so. They held their value and had moderate appreciation over the years, but the hyper exponential craziness is pretty recent.

It’s a wicked combination of a lot of new people entering the hobby, limited location play due to COVID, supply shortages, hyper inflation, worker shortages, government handouts and opportunistic flippers…am I forgetting anything???

#2578 2 years ago

The topper was intended to be an LE-only feature.

…right up until last Friday when the LEs were instantly sold out at reveal.

Now CGC is faced with a tough choice - one that inevitably disappoints a lot of LE buyers or a lot of SE buyers.

I think the best way to “thread the needle” is to offer a cheaper topper ($500?) with a Bart plastic instead of the moving version on the LE. Stern does this all the time on their pro models - using a plastic in place of a molded figure on the Prem/LE.

There may be a few SE/LE buyers that are moderately disappointed with this approach- but I think most will be fine. Compromise is always best!

#2677 2 years ago

It’s an interesting conundrum. Generally, people buy LEs for exclusivity (pre-2021 at least). The other manufacturers do that mainly with art packages (which CGC can’t do or hasn’t tried) and/or with exclusive toppers.

I think most people up until last Friday expected the CC topper to be the main exclusive feature on the LE (as it was on MB and AFM) so that’s why there’s some consternation.

In the future - glitter playfield accents, mirrored backglass, foil decals (or rad cals), shooter rods, etc could keep the LE exclusive if the topper is made available to other models.

#2883 2 years ago

You can only order a mirrored backglass if you are on the PPS CC preorder list?

I think you need to offer the backglass to any CC buyer regardless of where they ordered from. I asked to get on the PPS list before the reveal and never even got a response back.

#3691 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Which could easily be solved by going with limited time to order, instead of limited number of games.

Or just sell Pro/Premium/Elite models with no limits at all.

Personally, I like the limited # edition games though. The collection-oriented part of my personality enjoys the thrill of the hunt. I don't get every LE that I want, but missing out on one gives me something to search for/trade for down the line.

#3768 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There may be ways to extract the updated code from the CGC version and burn to eprom to run in an original machine. It all depends on what type of DRM there is, and how the "new" code is run. If it's purely updating the old code and running it via emulation as CGC has been doing, then theoretically it could work in an original game.

I thought the prevailing rumor was that CCr was going to have different hardware? I’d also heard they were no longer emulating on CCr - in order to extend/enhance, the original code was ported to the new system. If this is the case, it would not work on the original CCs.

All that aside, CGC has no vested interest in enhancing original CCs (quite the opposite in fact). Unfortunately, original CCs are going to take a bigger value loss than MM/MB/AFM because of the code enhancement.

If I were looking into my crystal ball - it would be a pretty wise (yet controversial) financial move for CGC to port MMr to the new hardware and get Lyman to enhance the MM code (that would not be backwards compatible with MM and require a costly board upgrade for first gen MMRs).

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

I believe all playfield manufacturers are using urethane clear coats. Some are using automotive grade urethanes which are widely available and less expensive. We still use the same supplier and material as Williams/Bally did. This product was initially developed to coat the heads of wooden golf clubs by a chemist named Dale Bodiker. He found a way to formulate a urethane hard coat that would remain flexible over time. We have looked for another product with similar characteristics but have been unable to find anything that remains flexible.

That's interesting! I just asked Pat Lawlor about Diamondplate at his Expo seminar and he indicated that components of the Diamondplate urethane had been banned by the EPA and could no longer be used.

With the information you just stated and a little reading between the lines, the urethane components probably aren't available in Germany where Mirco makes JJP's playfields. So I guess it was the truth - "from a certain point of view".

2 months later
#4952 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

You will get another Classic/Special but chances are pretty low of getting a plus plus..

Why do you think this? The profit margin is highest on the top end models. I would put my money on another MM release with big monitor + topper. If they had Lyman add some new code, they would sell a crap ton of them.

#4959 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Because that's what they said in their presentation. The next MMr run would be CE and SE models, no more Royals or LE's.
Of course, they didn't say that they would never do some new "Monarch" edition, but that was certainly not the "flavor" of their announcement.

I think CE or SE could have been their plan Pre-CCr release, but after the LEs sold out in 15 minutes, things changed.

We certainly didn’t see anything about a CC SE+ Edition in the presentation - because it didn’t exist at that point.

Call if a “Damsel” edition, “Dragon Fire” edition, it doesn’t matter. Heck - call it a “Peasant” edition for that matter. The point is - it doesn’t matter what they call it. They will sell the entire run regardless, so why not make the highest profit per unit possible?

1 week later
#5127 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

At the rate we’re going you may be able to sit on that fence until Christmas …

It was my understanding that they had already built 100s of CCs before the announcement.

But maybe that was just a rumor?

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

There's also potentially (Spoiler alert) some hardware features to our update that had not been fully implemented yet.

This makes me think saloon doors are coming. Or am I reading this incorrectly?

#5231 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

It's a bit difficult to build these without the necessary parts. Supply chain issues are still a major problem. Try buying a new video card.

I have a brand new Evga FTW3 Ultra 3080 unopened if anyone wants it for cost. I ordered it and the water cooled version over a year ago and they just came in a week ago. My son wanted the water cooled one so the other is up for grabs!

(Sorry for the off topic post)

***Card is Sold!***

#5233 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Is that non-LHR?

It's LHR (no mining) - EVGA switched everyone in the wait queue to the non-mining cards (as did the other manufacturers). I'm glad they did or else no one would ever be able to buy a card for gaming.

(again - sorry for the off-topic. But maybe CGC will see our video card posts and feel compelled to pop in and give us an update!)

#5247 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Backglass before the machine like the cart before the horse !

A DIY approach where they just sent us parts of a game as they were available would be kind of fun (for some of us):

February - backglass
March - cabinet
April - populated PF
May - boards
June - topper

(Not advocating for this - just saying it would be enjoyable for me personally)

#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just watched Ryan’s Q&A session from the Midwest Gaming Classic from November 6th where he specifically answered a question on how or if the supply chain would/was going to impact the build schedule. He said that they didn’t see any supply chain issue because all the parts were either already in house or inbound. He had just talked about the topper and SE+ but didn’t put the caveat about topper parts we heard/assumed before.
So it seems either an inbound container was lost/damaged, parts were not up to specs or there’s some new unrelated issue that happened later in November. In the session he stated SEs should start shipping in late November, LEs mid to late January with some SE+ games before LEs and another SE/SE+ run after.
To me, that makes the radio silence since then a lot more interesting.

My guess is they were trying to get the saloon doors into the game before they went out - which required the door hardware & new programming from Lyman.

Or maybe just trying to further integrate the topper into the code.

Either way - much more difficult with Lyman’s passing.

1 week later
#5454 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s why I asked. I recognized the close out price for Cactus Canyon. $1700-$1800 depending on your distributor.

I couldn’t afford full price NIB pins back then, but around ‘97 some of my prices paid were:

$100 Banzai Run (diamondplated)
$400 Funhouse
$562 Discs of Tron Environmental
$650 TZ
$750 TAF
$1900 CV NIB on closeout
$2300 MM (these were never very cheap b/c they earned so well)

#5541 2 years ago

Pics look great!

I expect there will be an update soon - now that some SEs are starting to roll out.

4 weeks later
#5993 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

People have been waiting for the latest Elvira run for about 16 months

There was a small run in August - they just didn’t make enough to fulfill all the orders.

2 weeks later
#6147 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure they’ve said no more Royals. Only regular MMr’s being put back on the line.

If/when they re-run, it will have the big monitor and topper. They will just give it a new name like JJP does - Ruby Red/Yellow Brick Road WoZ editions that came after Emerald City.

It will attract more buyers and maximize their profits.

#6152 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

My guess is that they will do something like this - a "special edition" with the bigger screen, and an "extra-special edition" with a topper / powder-coat.
Personally, I really dislike the powder-coating, and am only so-so on the toppers (but I love the bigger screen) - so a "special edition" is fine by me.

I could see them doing an SE+ - basically a Royal without the powder.

1 month later
#6313 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Keep in mind.
They plan on running more SEs at the end too, to fill any remaining demand they have for them.

CC has proven to be more popular than they anticipated. After 500+ SEs made, there is still zero stock at distributors. I would guess that the eventual total number of SE+ orders will be somewhere around 2500 which would put the total run up around 5k games.

That puts pressure on them to go straight to the next title as they will be lucky to finish CC by the end of 2023. Unless they add more capacity, I don't see how they could run MM in 2023.

#6320 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Several dealers have CC in stock for immediate pick up.

I should have said effectively zero - all of the distribs I use still have none.

That's cool that there is at least one distrib out there with stock. It's going to be a very long wait before the SEs are available again once the LE/SE+ production begins.

5 months later
#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

You've been around here for a long time ... it's not 'us' guys - we are not Chicago Gaming Company ... they are the ones making the game, delaying the game, not shipping the game, etc. ... so please let's not confuse everyone ... at least let's get this part right! Thx

Reading between the lines, I think Ice feels you might know more about what's causing the delays than us peons.

I'm just curious if you are more frustrated with CGC or Haggis? I have deposits on both and it's certainly an exercise in patience.

1 week later
#6504 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just received the tracking number for my CCR LE![quoted image]

Hahahaha - I wondered which would come first - the AZ election results or CCLEs. Now we know.

94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

#6545 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

CGC could do any 90’s B/W title and sell it out if they charge $9k shipped for their next SE+ and $10k shipped for an LE. Sell a classic with no thrills bells or whistles but with color DMD for $8k. Sounds like a good start.

Ok - the next CGC title is Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball, followed by Popeye and Gillian's Island.

#6547 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I LOVE those games!
They are a blast to play!

Hah - I like them too - but not enough to want an $8k remake. I was just poking fun at the "any 90s B/W remake would sell out" statement.

1 month later
#6569 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I’d be willing to bet with ten years in you wouldn’t sell any of your games at what they originally retailed for - you’d sell em for market value

It will be interesting to see in 10 years if market is above MSRP on HWN/UM and TS4.

Personally, I think the LE/CE runs are too big now. Deadpool LE, GotGLE hover around $14k market yet their runs were half the size of TS4/Bond ($13.5k/$15k MSRP).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.