(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

He said some were sold before but didn't know the allocation yet. Then he probably put another few out there once he knew the allocation so it likely was just a handful more.

Likely most were presold and not some. Never gonna be confirmed but he has to take care of his long time buyers and people who get every LE. The hobby is all about who you know now. They make a few available to the public but I highly doubt it was many. Joe is a good guy and that is just how business works in this hobby now.

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Other than the topper and side blades whats the difference between LE and SE

Resale value

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

#2 - The companies are (I believe) fearful of making adequate amounts of 'limited' games because they get the shit beat out of them when they do. Look at AP raising LOV from 300 to 500 and the heat they just took. I had about 5-10 people cancel over it - we'll resell them but that is the mindset. Like it makes a difference in your own enjoyment if there are 299 or 499 other ones out there ? I don't get it. Look at JJP with different WOZ and Hobbit models to satisfy demand - they got creamed. Look at Stern raising whatever game they did from originally announced numbers, they got beat up. If the community continues to beat up companies on this then they will cave any only make so many of each then this is the result. My advice - let the companies run their businesses how they see fit and maybe they'll produce what the community wants to buy.

LOV is unique in nobody wanted that game the limited availability was one of the selling points. And enough with if we continue to "beat them up" they will cave and only make so many of each going forward because that is a bunch of bullshit. Stern had no problem selling LE's of Mando and Godzilla and JJP had no problem selling GnR CE's. Most were sold out before they even launched or minutes after. So as much as I would like to believe your comments about the community effecting manufactures business model it's a bunch of bull shit.

The community clearly want's more LE's or at least a fair shot at getting them and that is never going to happen when most are already presold. I know you and JJ threw a few up for sale online and the community appreciates that but I imagine most were already presold. Stern literally just shit on EHOH SLE owners by making the 40th anniversary and I highly doubt they will have any issues selling their next LE in minutes or JJP when Toy Story/Matrix comes out.

#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've purchased from Joe in the past and he told me via email there was no pre sales, and he wasn't putting together a list even for past LE/CE buyers. He told me to get in line and purchase through his email list. Of course I tried that, and was denied....live and learn....soon this craziness will pass

He already confirmed some were sold beforehand. They all will say there are no presales that way they don't hurt anyone's feelings or make them feel others are getting preferential treatment. Some of the manufactures don't like seeing Distributors preselling games so it's not like they are going to advertise it.

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So...my wife told me she did not care for guns or violence in the house. That being said, I have to sell my CCr LE spot...25k?

Time for a new wife. It's a western themed pinball game with humor FFS. Not Straight Outta Compton.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well I've been a past customer, and he told me the opposite so now I know where I stand All good as there's other distributors out there

It's a dog eat dog world now. Being a past customer used to mean something and I been buying NIB games for over 20 years. Look a Kaneda. He has an opportunity to buy every LE and because he has made connections in the hobby over the years with people like Joe and its well known. Nothing wrong with that but anyone thinking people don't get preferential treatment need to get their head out of their ass.

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Thanks, Joe! I think everyone appreciates the time & effort you put into this being a “fair” process!
But I think I’m not alone in wondering how many LE’s you actually had available today for PreOrder when the PO went Live…is there any reason why you didn’t share that info?

Because it likely wasn't a lot and paled in comparison to the number presold.

Quoted from rvdv:

There is no customer loyalty from distributors to old clients, bought at least 20 LE's from a dealer and now
just have to beg to get an LE and could not get any last released LE's

Kick in the nutts isn't it.

#2069 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Not caring and not getting it right are two different things. We need to rethink the way we handle the next release.
I really do appreciate everyone’s suggestions today.

Sadly pinball companies can never get it right and they are always reacting based on the previous release. I would have been willing to be everything I own that 1250 LE's would sell out in minutes so I don't get how manufactures could not anticipate the demand being there for more considering how big the hobby has gotten and games like MMr royal are selling for 15-20K. Stern has done this a few times when they have a game with a killer theme and it sells out in minutes so then they up the # of LE's for a theme nobody cares out and they sit. Spooky nailed it with their most recent release because they sold out in a day through distributors however there is not really any flipping going on or scalping like there was with R&M.

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think CGC screwed up on the LEs and the model is upside down. It's insane to announce a game and the LE's are already sold out. This shouldn't be an elitist hobby, inside circle group, or buy every new title from disti so you automatically get it thing. I met so many new to hobbyists Expo weekend that were generally interested in an LE to be told - already sold out. Not the way to embrace the new blood pumping life into this hobby.
Up the # of LEs going forward so your inside circle groups can still feel special but there are enough LEs so when you officially announce 5 minutes after they don't sell out. Or as the thread discusses, do what Stern does (damn I wrote that). Create a Premium with all the light features and sell the toppers. The Les are the deal - price wise - but you're excluding such a big part of the hobby. And BS to those who say buy sight unseen. Those of us burned on preorder BS will never do it again.
I'm a second hand buyer the last few years based on NIB pricing. With the hobby upside down in pricing, I bought a NIB recently (Stern - Mando Premium) and was interested after seeing CCr at Expo. Ive played CC before but hats off to CGC for putting their spin on it. Too bad SE is not what I want in a version and now secondary market will dictate $14K price for LE. Yeah butt hurt but the model is broke. Fix it. I should add, my CCr LE money will likely now go to Stern Godzilla Premium.

Spot on and most of those who disagree were likely fortunate enough to score a LE . If they ever find the shoe on the other foot then I'm sure their tune will change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

7,500 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
6,999 (OBO)
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.