(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Never owned an AP? ... built like tanks , great playfields, hands down best customer support in the industry period..
Lots of new/old blood in AP now thinking they will make more high quality innovative games !
Interesting times in Pinball .

That’s where I’m at right now. I own a Houdini…love it’s originally, quality build and great customer support. I’m anxious to see what AP comes up with next. I think it will be Legends of Valhalla, which I’m very excited about. I’m also very interested in a Cactus Canyon remake. I can only afford (and have room for) one. So there’s my quandary!!! I’m wondering what the prices will be for the CCs. I’m sure AP’s game will be reasonable compared to other new releases.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Latest is 1-3 months before release. Does that mean ready in box or basic info about the game features?

Where is this information coming from?

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Info is from Sara at PPS, wow 2 to 3 months for LE roll out is much longer wait than I thought.

Oh damn! That sucks!

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

Can you only get a LE from PPS or can my local distributor get them as well?

Most distributors get an allotment of LEs. The issues are 1) how many does each get 2) will they Jack up the price way over MSRP 3) will they sell first to their preferred customers

1 month later
#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Did it say Nevada pinball as a sub-reseller? I want to make sure it’s a legit email

Yes. I just got my deposit request too. And it was from Nevada Pinball.

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Did anyone receive payment confirmation email after sending the deposit yesterday?

I sent my deposit last night to Nevada Pinball via PayPal. I got a confirmation email from PayPal that it was sent, but got nothing from Nevada Pinball. So I forwarded my PayPal confirmation to Sara and she emailed me back thanking me. She said that she will be handling all the deposit confirmations/receipts for Nevada. She has been swamped and intends to have those out in the next day or so. So it appears that all is good!

#2495 2 years ago

This topper issue is a stupid thing to obsess over, and how long has it been going on? The last 4 or 5 pages of this thread? I'm in on an LE, already had my deposit accepted by Nevada Pinball (aka PPS), and I couldn't care less if they sell these toppers to SE buyers in the future. It doesn't have anything to do with me because I am buying this game for my family's enjoyment. I'm not a flipper. I buy games for their intended purpose. If an SE buyer can get one of these toppers down the line and use it to improve their game then I say great! I know I'm getting a great deal with the topper included in my purchase. That's good enough for me. If you want exclusivity, make your own one-and-done topper. Otherwise, let CGC make their money on these accessories so they will survive as a company well into the future and therefore, produce more games we want.

#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

As publicly announced at launch, we have not decided if we will sell the Wild West Shootout Topper separately. I have had related discussions with most of our dealers and a number of customers. I will provide a clear answer on topper sales within the next two days. I fully recognize either decision will result in a number of people being upset.
Resale value of our games is important to us which is why we haven’t released LE features on previous projects. This is the first time an LE feature has affected the experience of game play which is why this decision requires additional consideration.
We work hard to deliver great product at fair prices to people that love pinball. I am troubled by scalpers and a few dealers holding back inventory to later sell at a higher price. In the future, we will do a better job getting LEs to loyal customers at intended prices. A number of your suggestions were helpful and will be used.
It takes great effort and a large amount of capital to develop and manufacture pinball machines. Many days of my life and the lives of all of our team members went into this project. We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the additional time to make this game to the very best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent. Because we have expended the effort and risk the capital we are afforded the right to make decisions on how we sell our products.
I appreciate having the opportunity to read most everyone’s opinion on both sides, it has been helpful. I need to disregard the few posts that border on bullying as I believe they are not representative of the pinball community.

well said - very well said. Let CGC do whatever it thinks is right regarding the topper issue! I trust you guys to have the best interest of the hobby at heart and - as I said in my earlier comment - I want CGC to have the money to keep going, producing more desirable games well into the future.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I contrast that with having no idea on what Toy Story will be, JJPs refusal to address their playfield issues, rapid decline in customer support and gutting the basic warranty it was a far easier decision for me than it should have been.

This is why I will never buy another JJP. They don’t care about their build quality or their customers anymore. My pinball money is going to companies that do care about those things!

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Warren Buffett has always said that one of greatest assets of a company and one of the highest measures of success is reputation.
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."
"Lose money for the firm, and I will be understanding. Lose a shred of reputation for the firm, and I will be ruthless."
Jack and Doug have taken very different approaches with their company’s reputations.

Absolutely! Well said.

#2908 2 years ago

So anybody have any idea how much the mirrored backglass will cost?

#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It’s not a matter of smarts, it’s just profound luck. I’m extremely fortunate have the opportunity to work with these guys and other exceptional people including, in the engineering team, Sam Zehr (there would be no remakes without Sam), Sean Wilson, and Dave Oermann. There are plenty of other great people that also helped make this all possible.

And this is why I'm rapidly becoming a fan of CGC. I've played your other three remakes in barcades and enjoyed them, but CCR LE is my first CGC purchase. Your attention to quality is top-notch, but your VALUES are what set your company apart. Based on your comments (and the fact that you're taking the time to make comments), I believe you do legitimately care about this hobby and its hobbiests rather than just making money off us like some manufacturers whose names I won't mention. Therefore, I can see myself coming back to buy some of your future titles.

1 month later
#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

On the subject of LEs and Collectors, I run with a group of old school pinheads here in Knoxville, who own many machines in their own collections. And they personally laugh at the idea of someone who runs out and buys every LE offered calling themselves a collector. One of my friends said not too long ago: "you know what I can tell about someone who's collections consist of brand new LE games? They have more money than sense". His words, not mine. But, it got me thinking, if all a person is interested in is the exclusivity appeal of the LEs, are they really a pinball enthusiast? Or just swinging their wallets around for everyone to see? I dunno. I've bought NIB, and obviously am doing it again (SE), but my true love of pinball are the late solid state and early DMD titles I grew up with in arcades. I enjoy finding a deal on a players machine and fixing it up. Anyway, I digress. I'm grateful for the growth in the industry, but also saddened by the direction this hobby has taken. To credit my old pinball friends, it's definitely apparent that there is a portion of new pinball "collectors" with very deep pockets that will continue to fuel this LE frenzy. Whew..... that's about it I guess.

Well, the good thing about this hobby is that there is room for everyone. There’s certainly a place for your “old pinball” friends who prefer the solid state/old school games just as there’s room for those who only want the latest and the greatest (as far as bling and flash). But one thing I don’t like about the hobby is all the “looking down their noses” that some collectors do. Who cares if someone only wants LEs in their collection? You inferred that only people with money to waste buy LEs. I disagree. I am not wealthy and I am generally pretty careful with my spending, but I have a few LEs in my collection because I think they are worth it. I don’t buy games to flip. I buy them to enjoy. So if it makes me happy, there’s nothing wrong with it just like there’s nothing wrong with your old pinball friends only buying SS games.

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I personally don't care who spends money on what. I bought a GnR LE new for the same reason you said. That was the version I wanted. Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that only people with money buy LEs. My main point was that there are definitely people with very deep pockets willing to pay well over MSRP sight unseen for new LE games. And that in large part is what's driving the price insanity.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I see your point, and I agree with it. It's one thing for the manufacturers to make the LEs and put their prices on them. It's quite another for "flippers" to sell them for way over MSRP and for people to buy them at those inflated prices. Of course, it's a consumer-driven economy so the price is what people are willing to pay, but your argument has validity because the average joes like myself often aren't able to afford these flipped games. If we miss out on the manufacturer's release we basically miss out on getting the game because it's too expensive on the secondary market. That's why I jumped on the Cactus Canyon LE even though I'd never played it. It's a theme I love and I figured the LE would be worth the additional expense. But if the CCLE was priced at $12,000 plus, as I'm seeing some flippers advertise, there's no way I would buy it.

1 month later
#5294 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Here’s some of the rest of it. And yes, the pay phone works.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] [quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What can I say that everyone else hasn’t already said? This whole setup is simply jaw-dropping…and we’re only seeing pictures. It must be incredible in real life. Well done, man. Well done indeed.

1 week later
#5442 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Growing up we had a WH20 in our game room. I played it constantly. It was the only pin we had and I loved it. When I was about 14 years old I just stopped playing it. No idea why but just lost interest. Fast forward to the end of my college years, my dad calls and tells me they are moving to a new house and there isn’t a good spot for the WH20. What happens next is one of the biggest regrets of my life…
He asked if I wanted it to keep it or at least put it in storage. My answer was, “I don’t really care, do what you think is best…”. My dad sold it back to the distributor he bought it from. Fast forward years later and I’ve become a pinhead. Now I’m in my mid 30s and am trying to build a collection of pins. I think about it constantly. I had every opportunity and just let it go. No one to blame but myself. Now if I want one I have to pay $10k!!!

Ouch!

#5445 2 years ago

I wonder if 20 years from now we’ll be talking about getting great deals when we say we bought at today’s prices.

#5451 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I wonder if pinball will still be popular. Not sure if new generations will like them. I can’t get my kids to play

I think it will be. At local barcades I see a lot of younger people (in their 20s) playing pinball. My wife’s two sons are in their late 20s and they love pinball. They’re each looking to buy their first game but can’t afford the prices.

1 week later
#5677 2 years ago

My favorite local barcade, Reboot in Dunedin Florida, just got a new CC. So I guess they’re going to locations and distributors now.

#5717 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Guy's I played it last night!
Congrats to everyone who is in on Ccr!
CGC knocked this one out of the park. I'm betting that CGC are about to change alot of negative opinions on this title and i say that with confidence
BTW not my high scores..lol.[quoted image]

This was at Reboot? I’m heading over there tomorrow to play CC. I’m very much looking forward to it.

#5722 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Roundtrip! [quoted image]

See you there! You’ll love it. Reboot is great!

1 year later
#6605 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Consensus on the mirrored backglass? Anyone received it and have a Yay or Nay vote as to whether I should order one or not?

I love mine. It’s definitely worth it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,000 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.