(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It was bullshit, number 9250 sold?

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

There’s more LE’s of these than Godzilla, I feel like there’s gonna be enough out there where if everyone who wants one can get one. Maybe max 1-2k flipper fee. If after all is said and done and I don’t have one I think I would go 1k max over on msrp, if not there’s always the next super sexy limited machine coming. (I say I would go over msrp because i feel these should’ve been priced at $10,250 with that topper)

and quotes like this is so good for the hobby!

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

The luxury watch market is absolutely nuts. This hobby has finally caught up. Daytona's going for 50k. 30 year old Subs going for 18k+. Authorized dealers snidely selling to the grey market to boost resale values and manufacturers doing nothing about it. You could once travel to Dubai and walk into any AD and select your watch of choice. All dealer cases are empty and you have to buy crappy models to be "eligible" to get on a list of maybe getting a sports model.

maybe join a watch forum?

Quoted from jkashani:

I hope this is the case, but that was a different time. Lots of newbies that pony up big cash for games now. There are likely hundreds chomping at the bit to be on a list to get one of those cancellations.

game exchange list was over 80 deep for people wanting them.

#1859 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just my price prediction:
LE $11,500 / Premium $8500 / Classic $7500

why do people do this? way off!

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so many unanswered questions as CGC has done a very poor job of communicating to its customer base, and apparently their presentation at the expo was a complete joke. I'd simply like to know what "enhanced" code means along with the cost of the Lyman code is to LE buyers. It would also be nice to know whether or not SE buyers can buy LE components (topper, game blades, apron, etc...)

what company don't fuck up the release nowadays? pretty pathetic all across the board. Pr is horrible.

#1964 2 years ago

Didnt take him long…..

E48F42C0-EBA2-4FBB-A7A0-52FF2199338D (resized).pngE48F42C0-EBA2-4FBB-A7A0-52FF2199338D (resized).png
#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

MMR Royal Edition is a case in point. There was a market for another premium run and they took advantage.
Given how badly CGC apparently underestimated demand I suspect we'll see the Rootin' Tootin' Wild West Edition in another year or two.

FAIL X 10!

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If anybody ends up with LE # 242 let me know. I would like to get this number to match my other (non CGC) games. I have one on order but no idea what number it will be. In Atlanta at SFH, Ryan was indicating that they were not doing SN matching/requests but I don't know if that is where the landed.

they are allowing that. just talked to a guy about that.

#2359 2 years ago

just dumped my se and picked up an le, had to pay a little more, but im good with that.

#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

That’s what keeps the hobby alive for a lot of people. Think if you lost thousands of dollars on every game you sold because the market was so saturated. None of us would be selling and buying new pins. This hobby is awesome because once you build up a few pins you can buy sell and trade without losing. That’s what has kept me going in it for so long. I try and enjoy it all. I’m in for an Le and I can’t wait!

not true, up until the last 3-4 yrs you usually lost money on all nib games you bought

Quoted from cmdestin:

I found an LE after I put down deposit on SE ‍♂️
Yes I’m an impatient idiot.

me too! lol

#2544 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

I am troubled by scalpers and a few dealers holding back inventory to later sell at a higher price. In the future, we will do a better job getting LEs to loyal customers at intended prices. A number of your suggestions were helpful and will be used.

see: The pinball company and Aminis

#2555 2 years ago

i get the ordeal about le owners getting pissed about this if they do decide to put toppers on the se models. i switched from the se to the le just for the topper. But, lets be honest, CGC really dropped the ball on limiting this to just 1250 le's. I mean this is one of the biggest games in pinball in the last 15-20 yrs. They should of produced 2500-3k. Easily cost themselves about 10 million. Won't bother me the slightest if they remake the topper for both models. I got a new and improved cactus canyon with a killer topper for 10k. Just 4-5 yrs ago this game would of cost me 20k plus. Be Happy we all can experience this game, because not long ago it would of been something most couldn't of imagined.

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I'm pretty unhappy about not getting an LE. I put my name of the list with my local distributor in August, the day of the announcement. I had bought my previous two NIB games from this same distributor with local delivery and was very happy with the distributor who even swapped out a defective MMRLE for a new one for me. I did not sign up for PPS list because I would rather deal with my local distributor who delivers to my house. I guess that was a mistake. But, I never expected this distributor would not have enough allocation.
I followed up in October after official release and was told they had to wait to see the allocation and was told they would also see about matching my serial number from my MMRLE. I never heard back after this or in response to any of my subsequent follow-up emails. I have confirmed with Doug that all distributors know they're allocation by now.
I don't think I will buy an SE. I hope some people will drop out of LE and maybe I'll be able to get one, or pay a flipper for a NIB.
Just upsetting...

sent you a pm

#3145 2 years ago

you're not a vodka drinker, are you? grey goose is the worst.

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, Way different world of pinball now. When I first got LEs it was a waiting list. You could find them for msrp or less even after they started shipping. Now people are selling spots for way over msrp
If I was cgc I would of put the Le at a much higher price

dumbest comment of the day.

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Cary Hardy just did video on this mess. Spot on.

c

Quoted from beltking:

Cary Hardy just did video on this mess. Spot on.

you actually watch that crap?

Quoted from seenev:

I've gotten a lot of downvotes in this thread. I had one post that had a ton of downvotes, then a few pages later someone said the exact same thing and got a bunch of upvotes. It's one of the reasons I have to take a break from this site every once in a while. It's mass hysteria and it's not even consistent. I understand everyone's frustration here. I'm frustrated... But it's crazy how different everyone's reasons are for being upset. Some people are unhappy because they can't get an LE. A lot of LE buyers are unhappy because CGC offered to make the topper available.
I've read so many comments from the lucky people who got an LE order in for a great price whining about how unfair it all is that I'm really starting to question my place in this hobby. I feel like this has brought out the worst in some people.

Take a breath, drink a beer, smoke a bowl, snort a line, then come back tomorrow, still the same old a$$holes will be here.

3 months later
#5617 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

He (Kaneda/Chris Kooluris) was banned from the Challenger forums? I met the guy in person. Dodge Challenger is a manly man's vehicle. Kaneda/Chris is more of a Toyota Prius type of guy. This was his famous gameroom.
[quoted image]

he wears flip flops with blue jeans, enough said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=ccbiggsoo7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.