(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I am not programming for CGC, no.

So your sayin there’s a chance…. Lol

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Kits??? Are we gonna start making old-school conversions now??!
I suspect this is in response to all the “scratch build” threads so many people have been building Stargazers and Quicksilvers, any and all sorts of pins that have new playfields being made.
Is this tapping into the DIY crowd? An entire pinball “build it yourself” kit, people can build their game from a box, knockdown style?
So many people love building games lately.

I got the kit when they were available. Basically makes a MM Standard into a Royal with RGB light kit, topper, color wide screen, and premium sound system. Simple install and the price was certainly worth it.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone explain the FOMO on MMr royal edition? I would understand if it were truly limited but you’re Able to add the royal features to any mmr right? If so why would anyone pay that amount (17) for it?
Btw I owned it and the kids got bored of it in a week. I’ve always thought it was overrated - afmle all day but even that gets boring. The classics IMO struggle Bc they just don’t offer enough variety. I’m excited to see what the code updates look like in this one though. I just wish they would have done it to AFM as CC is not in the same league

Agreed. While I Very much appreciated them offering the Royal kit it seemed like a bit of a sell out to the buyers of the actual Royal? With the kit and $225 in the same local powder coating my standard is a mirror copy. Any yes adding the 3 pop cap RGB lights is a minor challenge. Regardless a great game hands down!

3 weeks later
#447 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pretty sure that was the reason stated before about not being able to use the Williams logo.

Not sure why that would matter? Both my Bally and Williams slots have logos.

2E9B2BEC-3F97-439C-9AD5-D97266503873 (resized).jpeg2E9B2BEC-3F97-439C-9AD5-D97266503873 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#621 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

if they were contracted today by this announcement, guessing nothing done to code ?
but will be ? seems strange as this should have been done long ago if there is a release coming?

It was done long ago. They only announced it today.

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't forget the programming for the LCD, and RGB lighting.
LTG : )

And I will bet Planetary and Williams are not offering a free license out of the goodness of their heart. Let alone that High Dollar support tech in MN! I hear he drives a Lamborghini with under carriage Pinstadium lighting! Lol. 10k LE is my solid bet.

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's good. Thank you Quasimodo.
They do want to build the best games and have the best tech support team to go with it.

That is a Fact on both points! It’s not like they simply turned the conveyor back on games just continued where they ended. They likely had to re-engineer and source every part from paper. Looking forward to this title.

1 week later
#780 2 years ago

My money is on they waited this long and shows have been non existant for 2 years so why not just wait to unveil at Expo in 2 weeks. My money is on an Expo unveil with #LTG in the front row taking orders.

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Why no show LTG?

He's enrolled in a Toddlers in Tiaras show now that his new head piece arrived! lol

1 week later
#839 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't listen to that. He didn't even get Scientific Games right.

#LTG just announced CC will be unveiled at SS Billards 732 11th Ave S, Hopkins, MN 55343 all this weekend. Bring your dollars and a treat for Prada!

(Can’t blame a guy for trying LTG… lol)

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah but what is CC really mean? Cheese Cake?
Rob

Lol you caught me. Just promoting a Great place to visit and meet the infamous great himself.

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was thinking something like this.
[quoted image]

Or you just need a good Punchy in general…

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

We figured out today is Thursday

We’ll know there is info when the complaining turns to when will it ship, what order, what day, and what they did that we don’t like.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Vendor hall isn't open yet. So any vendors in there are likely setting up their own booth.

Glass is looking pretty dirty, where is LTG on that one?!?

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Man I just can’t stop thinking about what kind of magic Lyman can do with this game, it’s gunna be special!

Oddly I was thinking something similar at Expo. The Magic of Lyman came from all directions in a feeding (buying frenzie). His departure of Stern lit the fuse on a EHOH40 to net close to 5 million in sales and the Lyman association to CC more then lit that rocket for many. Shows what his presence and talent can do for a company and those that follow his talent.

#1673 2 years ago

As Planetary was the keeper of the gate and likely had Half the LE allocations did anyone confirm they are out of stock?

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

Who cares? Why are you being such a jerk about it?

He had a bad experience with a horse …

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

In the past (MBR and AFM) the topper was unique to the LE's ONLY. They changed that with the royal so us LE owners could upgrade. I would be surprised if CGC allowed SE buyers to upgrade, but who knows. We need clarity from CGC on this. I'd be fine if they sold the topper separately as its better for all

While it would be nice I can see this opening up another round of anger as that topper would likely cost over 1k. Seems to be a lot of tech on the inside from the photos shown. If the SE with topper costs as much or more then the LE the fans will go wild.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got my guess on $500. I think that would be the sweet spot. I would be cool with $500 for an additional Lyman code.

Thats my hope as well. At Assumed 2000 games upgraded that's 1 Million dollars. That should show Lyman some love.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. And consistent with what Ryan has said.

Did Ryan Really have anything consistant to promote on this game?? Anything

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You should drop those CGC dealers altogether , so it’s OK for them to still continue to sell the rest of your products ?! Why continue to reward them. What’s stopping dealer to dealer deals to continue to F*ck your customers over… just sell direct like Spooky. Or simply increase the demand for your product so the price inflation can’t happen.

No thank you. Kingpin and Flipnout have More then been helpful pre and post sales for me. A good distributor is a wonderful thing.

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Any “offender” distributor that breaks policy CGC should completely cut ties with. The end.

Thats fair I just do not agree with sell direct. Any distributor that can't follow the rules is a different story.

#1949 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Dealers reporting they are currently sold out of LEs who later “find” additional units to sell at significant premiums will lose future allocations of LEs. We make a significant effort to provide customers quality products at fair prices, those efforts need to be respected by all CGC dealers.

PLEASE consider just making the games people want to Buy. You make an incredible product that people want. If they are willing to pay the premium for the fully loaded version so be it. Other then those looking to profit on flipping your product due to scarcity I highly doubt anyone would care if you made 50000 LE games. More profit for the company and all the debating would end. Yes, a few would be sad about the number plate but really does it matter?? Just call it 1 of Many! lol Must be frustrating to see flippers making double your revenue margin just for figuring out the buying cycle. Make em till the register stops ringing and all will be happy!!! Love all CGC does, thank you.

#2074 2 years ago

I’m guessing the LE guys are gonna want an answer on this before they lay their money down as some will want to switch to the SE if they can buy the topper later. I know time is short as deposits in most cases are going to be due in the next couple days. Doug can you give us an answer on this?

Keep seeing this “as long as they offer the topper as an option” but few are finishing the sentence with “as long as it costs less then….”. If an SE with alacart topper cost as much or more then an LE will this still be an interest or a new debate? At current non animated topper costs I think they would have an uphill battle pitching that stand alone topper price later. Tough for CGC to win this debate. Just make more LE’s and in no time the few (flippers) will get over the change.

#2079 2 years ago

I don’t have a link but it went something like this.. Ryan was like... “What’s up everybody? It’s Cactus Canyon! y’all wanna play some pinball?”

You forgot, “let me check my phone, can’t comment” lol

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was thinking of it the other way. If the topper was made available later, for say, $500, the LE owners are going to wonder why they paid the extra $$ for an LE. I really like the apron on the LE, but the one of the SE is also nice... so if you can get the topper at a relatively inexpensive price you could ala carte yourself into an LE, potentially, at a lower cost.

Agree to that also. They will get more flack if the “build an LE” price is lower.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think CGC screwed up on the LEs and the model is upside down. It's insane to announce a game and the LE's are already sold out. This shouldn't be an elitist hobby, inside circle group, or buy every new title from disti so you automatically get it thing. I met so many new to hobbyists Expo weekend that were generally interested in an LE to be told - already sold out. Not the way to embrace the new blood pumping life into this hobby.
Up the # of LEs going forward so your inside circle groups can still feel special but there are enough LEs so when you officially announce 5 minutes after they don't sell out. Or as the thread discusses, do what Stern does (damn I wrote that). Create a Premium with all the light features and sell the toppers. The Les are the deal - price wise - but you're excluding such a big part of the hobby. And BS to those who say buy sight unseen. Those of us burned on preorder BS will never do it again.
I'm a second hand buyer the last few years based on NIB pricing. With the hobby upside down in pricing, I bought a NIB recently (Stern - Mando Premium) and was interested after seeing CCr at Expo. Ive played CC before but hats off to CGC for putting their spin on it. Too bad SE is not what I want in a version and now secondary market will dictate $14K price for LE. Yeah butt hurt but the model is broke. Fix it. I should add, my CCr LE money will likely now go to Stern Godzilla Premium.

My arcade is always open for you to play mine but I Will make you wear a cowboy hat Billy. Lol

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And with your temperament, how could it fail?!?

Other then a Dozen games falling on him at the same time?

#3205 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cgc needs to step up for LE buyers. I have purchased all there LE's and this is bullshit.

Guess I'm not fully understanding the complaint or need to fluff the LE buyers further? If anything you should feel bad for the SE buyers as they had to pay the Same price of an LE only they got an SE?? Do you think a future sale SE vs LE will be the same value??

#3238 2 years ago

Aside from the CC debate. Did Expo last week and MGC today. At MGC played over a dozen games on CC and it was Great. CGC should really be proud of this game from fit, finish, display, sound, top to bottom absolutely perfect. Animations were great on the wide color display and flowed perfectly. Very impressed by the refinements they made to the playfield components and lighting over original. Anyone in on this game at Any model will love it. Just plain Fun Pinball. Well done CGC!

CCLE (resized).jpgCCLE (resized).jpg
#3245 2 years ago

Ok not reading all these complaint threads to see if this was covered but with them now noting the SE+ games will be complete And 3-6 Months out assuming a majority will be revising their SE orders can I expect the LE order line to move Forward now?? Please say yes lol.

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.21.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.21.36 PM (resized).png
#3311 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree.....CGC doesnt make "Limited" anything anymore....At this stage I wouldn't be surprised CGC sold the apron, game blades, train tracks, and toys as an upgrade kit in the future....when the smoke clears the only thing LE buyers got was a $10 plaque

Sooo, are you in then? Seemed pretty clear you had no interest in this product nor the market interest for these to sell? Seems they did a pretty good job from what the interest is showing.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.32.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.32.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.36.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.36.01 AM (resized).png
#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not totally correct. Matching is available to those with the previous three games.

Send me your plaque I'll grind any number you want on there and nobody will ever know. (or care) lol

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're tearing yourself down. All I'm asking is why you're so jealous that people can add the topper to their SEs? Why does it bother you so much that others can pay more to get the same thing you have? I seriously don't get that mentality. And then you call me jealous? Yeah, that's hypocrisy.

Quoted from jchristian11:

Completely normal response, accusing me of being jealous of someone getting less for more, makes perfect sense. I guess decades of not being able to buy the games that more successful people have would do that to a guy.

You two should consider getting a room to wrestle it out lol.

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Generously adding the mirrored backglass to the LE package would certainly make the LE a more complete game.

Until others can buy it then we are back to the Pinside complaint battle. With all things considered, I think its actually Awesome that the only flame war CGC got out of this is that buyers can't buy More! Well done CGC and team!!! Kick ass game and hope for Many more of the same Quality in the future.

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah they've proven that they sure know their market alright. They could sell snow cones at the North Pole. You gotta admire that.
BTW... as you're a salesman and depend on other's goodwill in the biz... are there any recent titles that you would describe as NOT "kick ass"?
Because unless Lyman's already done the code "kick ass" is not the way I'd describe CC. Pleasant to look at and play, brings back WMS memories, etc... but "kick ass"?? C'mon...

There are many games I don't enjoy but as that is My and my families preferrence I reframe from cramming my opinion down other peoples throats to agree with me. All pinball is fun its just depends on what your expectations are plus its an Individual interest not a Team interest. As for CCr, we played it MANY times at both Expo and MGC and my wife and I both loved it. Kick ass even! Doesn't mean you'll like it but also doesn't mean I don't. We played many games at MGC and CC was the only game my wife asked "you got this one I hope" so thats the only second opinion I need. I will say this though, Anyone judging this game or the work of CGC based solely on the past unfinished product is really missing out to not give this game another look.

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I think I still would have gotten it without the Lyman code coming down the road. I have always loved John's art package on CC and the humor in the game and call outs are awesome. It plays just fine. I'm not a great player and have a decent sized collection, so I don't think it would get old.
I need to put topper gate behind me and just focus on why I got it in the first place.
Happy upcoming Monday with daylight savings everyone!!

Decent collection? Seems you have a dream setup for sure and CC will be a fitting addition. (Topless or not)

#3727 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Let me dumb this down for you. Most pinball manufacturers are not multi billion dollar corporations.
Getting an influx of cash at the start of the production helps them stay afloat. Right now there is no easier way to get a bunch of quick deposits than to have a limited version that buyers have to get now or miss out.
LE deposits = 1250 x $1k = $1.25m of quick cash to buy the initial batch of parts for the assembly line.
It’s kind of like crowd funding.

I can't prove your wrong but I am fairly certain that is not how CGC works nor do they follow a crowd funding model. Many distributors in fact do not charge a deposit and if they do I do not think they run that off to CGC to buy parts. CGC is funded by the success thier company/team created from previous endeavors. From what I have seen deposits are the new norm for most all sellers (and OEMs) only recently to ensure they have Actual commitments to proceed to build plan and ordering components and avoid irrational buyers with no skin in the commitment game.

2 weeks later
#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your correct on Lyman code, but it won't sell well if its over priced....$200-300 yes....$500+ no

Everyone has their own personal expectation price point but I suspect they will have No issue selling it at any price. As nobody Has to buy it no need to speculate on what we think they should do.

1 week later
#4323 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. He and Doug Duba are gold.
I'm honored to be part of CGC !

And they should be Equaly as honored to have you on the team! Any company not smart enough to see what you bring to the table and community is Blind....

4 weeks later
#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm not concerned about delays w/ CGC. I've been through it twice now w/ MMr &MBr.
I take comfort in knowing that when my game arrives, it'll be top-notch. IMO, CGC is, by far, the best pinball machine company out there.

That’s my take also. If your in a hurry Stern is your best bet. CGC goes over Every detail to manage every possible expectation they can. Every CGC game I have bought has worked flawless with minimal if any issues out of the box. Plus they don’t want #LTG to pull the last of his hair out doing service calls all night. Lol. Best to Over analyze possible issues now vs hundreds of upset owners later. Really looking forward to this great game.

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Just annoying when you are invoiced for the full amount, pay in full thinking; hey I don’t want to hold up shipment as it was communicated they would be shipping by the end of November and since I was invoiced full payment versus deposit, I assumed it would be shipping in the near future. Feels more like crowdfunding now. Nearly $10k sitting in someone else’s account, with no information as to when the product will ship. It’s just bad business.

Need to find a better distributor. Most like mine only take the deposit.

#4748 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Worse scenario is the company making and sending the part tells you when you will get it, and then don't follow through. Leaving the manufacturer looking bad.
These past couple years have probably taught many manufacturers, and not just pinball. To be cautious making promises on other companies word.

But we want to know Now and update us on the update of the estimate planned update! I'll bet if we All call #LTG he will tell us!

#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Coming from a mgf company. I would not give an update in a forum. Part of the problem is that you're told two more weeks before they can get some needed parts (or whatever is the date was)from one vendor. You share that info or give an updated schedule based on that. Now they come back and say the two weeks is more like three to five weeks, now you have egg on your face. Now whatever you say to the group some will not believe you. Damn if you do damn if you don't. Best way to get an answer is go direct to Doug or Ryan. I not saying you'll get anything but I think you will have a better chance. Likely the answer would be something like, We're waiting on parts, vendors not making promised dates. Can't give good updated schedule at this time. Please know we're doing everything we can to give the best product to our customers.

Can we at Least agree or assume CGC wants to ship games ($$$$$$$$$$) more then we want them to ship. lol

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Ok….PM sent
Now seriously, is there a chance the new code will be out when the game actually ships? Discuss

Chance, sure why not. Likely, no. For many the custom code was the bait to pull the trigger. To show it at game release would be foolish till they have your money.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.