(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#240 2 years ago

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt.

Right when I thought I was safe from spending money on pinball for a while, this happens.

I've owned a MMr and still proudly own my AFMr.

I honestly think CGC builds the best quality games in pinball overall. And they definitely have the best toppers in all of pinball (my AFMr topper is still impressive to this day).

MMr was my first game I ever owned, so I had nothing to compare it to. But now that I've owned game from pretty much all manufacturers, played them, worked on them, etc., I'd confidently say CGC is the best of the bunch.

I hope they've addressed the issues with clearcoat chipping on exposed edges, but aside from that, there is nothing I would pick at.

I love that they're always pushing to add cool things like the wide screen DMD, additional lights (AFM, MB) and more.

Looking forward to seeing what they have coming!

3 weeks later
#421 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Chicago Gaming is so much better quality and service

In my experience...

JJP had slow service, but had problematic games due to the huge amount of stuff they put in their games. When I bought Dialed In however, and had my issues, Jack personally called me and went way above and beyond to get me sorted out. Best experience I've had. But the company may have since changed.

Spooky has really friendly and quick service, but their product is cheap and uninspired. I know loads of fans will disagree, but aside from there playfields (which are definitely durable) the build quality of the games themselves are the worst I've ever seen. My TNA and R&M all sound hollow and clunky when they're played, and they put barely anything into the games. It's as though they just grab a few random parts of the shelves at Pinball Life and quickly whip a game together.

CGC was the best of both quality and service. They offered really good (not great) service, and I feel like the games are made exceptionally well, and have lots in them. Really good value IMO. My MMr was rock solid, and I still have my AFMr and have had almost no issues.

No need to mention Stern. We all know they just pump these titles put, but I will say, the Elwin games are an exception. I have owned them all so far, 2 are still here bolted to the floor, and I'll likely buy every game he put out because I know they'll be fun, challenging, and creative.

Just my thoughts...

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Never owned an AP? ... built like tanks , great playfields, hands down best customer support in the industry period..
Lots of new/old blood in AP now thinking they will make more high quality innovative games !
Interesting times in Pinball .

I've played Houdini and Oktoberfest, but couldn't get past the terrible animations.

I'm hoping they develop more as a company, and become more of a competitor.

What I did appreciate, is how many things they put into the games.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That was my major gripe with Houdini - there were too many shots. I love the theme, but the width of some shots is way too narrow. I wanted to love it, but it frustrates me to play it.

Yeah, I was on the fence with this one. I put in about 20 games and knew for certain I was out.

The video modes were atrocious. Same on Oktoberfest.

If they get this part of their games improved, and they get some interesting licensing, I'd probably give them a shot.

They need a homerun like Rick & Morty. I own it, and it's only still here because of the theme. In my opinion, it feels like Scott Danesi designed this one while he was drunk.

1 month later
#1431 2 years ago

Goodbye Halloween deposit... Hello Cactus Canyon!

CGC makes the best games in the industry. Look at all the amazing details like the wood apron, gorgeous screen, etc. I'd rather support them than penny pinching Charlie and gang.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Did you hit the crack pipe too many times today ? Spooky and Charlie are stand up people that stand behind their games. All of their games are reasonably priced and quality made. You know how many issues I had on my mmr? A lot.

I've had MMr and R&M and it's day and night. YMMV but in my experience, Spooky males shit games and cheaps out at every opportunity.

They cheaply 3D print everything, where CGC custom moulds.

Do you really think you can compare the quality of these two companies?

#1438 2 years ago

You know people, it's ok, actually really ok, to have an opinion about a product) company. It doesn't warrant anyone to support or object, it is just simply, an opinion.

My experience with Spooky after owning 2 games has been very negative, and that is mostly due to quality, not service. Their support has actually been great, but in my opinion the overall quality of their games is lacking.

I might buy a Honda and just absolutely not like it despite the fact that an astonishing number of people think they're great cars. That would solely and simply be my opinion and maybe not at all be in line with what you think/feel.

I owned a MMr, and I did have a few issues, bit nothing out of the pinball norm. My AFMr has been rock solid. But my R&M had every single issue that was ever posted in the forums and more.

So from that, and from my experience owning TNA for a year, I've decided not to do business with Spooky again.

If you decide to buy your games, that is fantastic. It keeps the hobby fresh and healthy, and the more competition there is, the more likely we are to get better quality games.

It's pinball everyone... It's a ball rolling around on a piece of wood with lights flashing to give us a break from the real things in life that we should get worked up about

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m in on a CCr AND HWN. Not to support them so much ( that’s great too) but to share in their ideas of pinball. Product should be awesome from both companies.

As said, that's all good. We all love pinball, so great to support the hobby.

I'm in on a CC LE.

#1536 2 years ago

Anyone know if the LE comes with Invisi-glass?

2 weeks later
#4041 2 years ago

Whoa... Hold up here!

Haven't looked at this thread in a couple of weeks, and come back to find out that it's toppers for all, backglass for more $$$, and a loyalty program to get me in line for LEs that are really all that special anymore?

What's going on!?!?!

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

see what happens when you don't keep up !

I need to 3D print an mount that I can stick to my head that will keep my phone in front of my face day and night so I don't miss any of these crucial updates!

Quoted from PtownPin:

New CGC business model....sell profitable accessories to every one .... no real LE's anymore

I don't blame them, but at the same token, I sort of bought into this one because the LE seemed "special". It's the same reason I bought the AFMr LE. And it's the game that has stuck around in my house the longest, and still love playing it!

Call me a sucker, but I justify the cost sometimes by thinking I'm getting something that might be a bit more rare and sought after. As a collector, that is part of the fun of the hobby.

If I was CGC, I would do the same. But as a consumer, this does not jive with me.

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Uh oh, let's not get this going again....

I feel like if we just roll over and take it, it's just going to continue to encourage this behaviour from companies.

It's very clear in the initial marketing of this game the topper was exclusive to the limited edition. For the company to be able to go back on their word just because they saw a potential for profit, leaves me feeling very uneasy.

Just expressing my concerns.

If you are not bothered by this, or missed the opportunity to get a limited edition and can now get a proper, I completely understand how this would come as good news.

In the grand scheme of things, this really isn't worth harping over. If it bothers me enough, I will vote with my wallet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (Firm)
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=WizardsCastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.