(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

In my experience...
JJP had slow service, but had problematic games due to the huge amount of stuff they put in their games. When I bought Dialed In however, and had my issues, Jack personally called me and went way above and beyond to get me sorted out. Best experience I've had. But the company may have since changed.
Spooky has really friendly and quick service, but their product is cheap and uninspired. I know loads of fans will disagree, but aside from there playfields (which are definitely durable) the build quality of the games themselves are the worst I've ever seen. My TNA and R&M all sound hollow and clunky when they're played, and they put barely anything into the games. It's as though they just grab a few random parts of the shelves at Pinball Life and quickly whip a game together.
CGC was the best of both quality and service. They offered really good (not great) service, and I feel like the games are made exceptionally well, and have lots in them. Really good value IMO. My MMr was rock solid, and I still have my AFMr and have had almost no issues.
No need to mention Stern. We all know they just pump these titles put, but I will say, the Elwin games are an exception. I have owned them all so far, 2 are still here bolted to the floor, and I'll likely buy every game he put out because I know they'll be fun, challenging, and creative.
Just my thoughts...

Yep. The trick with new Sterns is to put a 25 pnd weight in the cab. Then it doesn't feel like a wobbly picnic table when you play.

Jjp has fallen to the worst in service and quality.

1 month later
#2276 2 years ago

I missed out, but I hope they don't change a thing.

If they sell the topper, they're taking the jjp route. Sooooo many pinheads won't forget. Why alienate your customer base, and to please who? The guys that missed out? These bitching pinheads are the best walking, talking advertising you could ever want!

All hail the successful exclusive marketing!

#2411 2 years ago

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am by people's response here. All hobbies like this have exclusive items that are hard to get. It makes a lot of cash for the sellers, and it creates FOMO. It's good for the hobby, believe it or not. To ask them to make the topper for everyone is just silly. It destroys the entire function of LIMITED edition items. If you want it and missed it, you'll have to pay up or do without. Big deal. Who knows, maybe these will flood the market in a few months.

For those who missed out, this has literally been the longest release in pinball history. How much more time did you need to contact a distro to get on a list?

#2414 2 years ago

Which manufacturer took longer?

#2416 2 years ago

Hmm... I thought this was longer. I'll take your word for it. Either way, this was a pretty freakin' long release!

#2530 2 years ago

The description was:

"Wild West Shootout Topper (Limited Edition Only)"

Some might claim that this is ambiguous, but with the company history, it is not. Chicago will be going back on their word here. Yes, we all want cool stuff, but stuff becomes cooler when many of us can't have it. That's life.

Are refunds going to be offered on deposits for those who went in on the LE based on the exclusivity? Many people buy pins based partly on speculation, whether we like it or not.

Myself, I'd see this as a major hit to Chicago's integrity. Don't do LEs if you don't want them to be LEs. I wanted a MM Royal and I don't have one. I'm still glad they made them.

#2532 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

What would you think of this? Happy middle ground?
I know this is probably too late for production.... But what if the SE came with the normal bart topper and Yall make the same topper but with a bionic bart for the LE models? Not sure if this is doable?

Maybe a nerfed after market topper. If I were them, I'd just leave it. It was the decision, and they should stick to it. It's just good business. Change the model for the next one if they think it's not working. To me, it clearly is working. This is the best response you could hope for.

#2537 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

From what was said in the presentation and CgC’s posts on here, sounds like offering the topper afterwards has always been on the table. To me the wording in that screenshot that’s been posted means that the only the LE has topper included. Nowhere does it say the topper is exclusive to the LE. In fact the wording then goes on to say the topper is “included” with the LE.
You guys have just made the assumption it’s exclusive to the LE.

"Wild West Shootout Topper (Limited Edition Only)"

How is this ambiguous? When have they offered the toppers in the past? What is the big difference in the models without topper exclusivity? Everything else can be added. To me, the intention is crystal clear. If they go back on it, it's bad business. I'm positive they know this, but they may bow to pressure, which would be a bad decision. JJP is suffering consequences for their "change the rules as we go" treatment of the market.

#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Fat chance. Does Stern include a topper on LE's NOPE!!! But they still sell out.

But the LEs have major differences, usually in gameplay. The topper is the only difference that matters here...

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The speculators can suck it. I buy a machine because I think it looks fun and I'm into the theme. In other words, I buy it for ME and to play in my home. Not once do I consider if it will retain its value if extra toppers are offered or different versions are made (JJP taught me not to care about this). I remember people taunting me about Stranger Things when the LE lost $2k right out of the gate. I didn't care then, and I still don't care now when it's selling for well over $10k. I'm in this hobby because of my love of the hobby...and hobbies cost money. It's the flippers and speculators that are ruining this hobby for the true pinball enthusiasts who are being priced out of machines and shut out of LEs they were hoping to buy for themselves.

That's fine for you, but I said some "partly" buy based on speculation. I like my pins to hold value. If you don't care, that's fine. If I see an LE with an exclusive topper that I think will hold value AND I'll have a great game, that's the one for me. I call that smart, but that's just me. Chicago advertised this feature and is now considering going back on it. That is straight up bad business, false advertising, lying to your customer base - whatever you want to call it.

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Had CCr-LEs sold at a similar rate to MB and AFM, most people who cared would have gotten an LE and offering the topper would not even be considered. We wanted to get a feel for demand before deciding if we were going to sell the topper and indicated so at the launch. This was discussed earlier in this thread.
The CCr webpage provides details on the features of both the CCr-LE and CCr-SE. “LE Only” indicates the topper only applies to the CCr-LE listed on that page.
If you sincerely believe the “LE only” text on our webpage was written to be intentionally deceptive, then turn and run. Your dealer will refund your money. We are unfortunately in an industry where dealing with companies and people that lack integrity can be extremely costly. Maybe I shouldn’t have consulted with Robert Muller on our webpage copy, I’m also rethinking my decision to let him manage all of my retirement savings.
I fully understand a number of LE buyers do not want us to sell toppers. Considering doing so is not a new development.

Going by the posts on here, I'm not alone in my understanding that the topper was exclusive to the LE. My comments about integrity were based on that understanding. If it's not exclusive, I'll just pick up an se on the used market later as the LE isn't different in almost any way without the topper. If anything, it appears that the marketing was confusing for many.

#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Will it financially hurt CGC? Nope. I'll still be first in line on the next LE; and, even if potential or previous LE buyers drop out, someone will gladly take the spot.
When you do announce to sell them, I really hope you lock sales down to serial numbers and charge what the market will bear.

This is where think you might be wrong. Having LEs sell out like this is good for the company. When times get tougher (these times will come) they will still sell out their LEs in minutes. If there is no perceived extra value, they won't sell. People currently love this company and can't really hate them for sticking to their (excellent) marketing plan. Perceived cash grabbing however, isn't the same.

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

why leave shit tons on the table to please a few - obviously your an "i got me an LE guy"
CGC builds a great product, so yes, if a few LE buyers get pissed there are more lined up to take their place this run and next run for sure

I think there's over 1000 buyers here, each spending close to ten grand.

#2670 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

LE adds a lot more than just a topper. You also get these things on a LE:
POWDER COATING LEGS/RAILS/LD BAR
BIGGER WARRANTY
INTERIOR ART BLADES
WOOD ARCH
TRAIN TRACKS
MINE CART
SHAKER MOTOR
LE SERIAL NUMBER

POWDER COATING LEGS/RAILS/LD BAR
- local shop can do this pretty cheap

BIGGER WARRANTY
- not really needed on new games, especially Chicago

INTERIOR ART BLADES
Modders will sell these

WOOD ARCH
Can be made, but kinda exclusive and cool

TRAIN TRACKS
Modders

MINE CART
Likely modders

SHAKER MOTOR
Easy purchase

LE SERIAL NUMBER
With all of the above, this number becomes meaningless

How is this an LE again? Oh yeah...

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

On the other side of this, when the pinball bubble inevitably bursts and every new LE isn't immediately gobbled up by buyers and flippers, and the new people in the hobby filter back out and you return to a pinball market made of repeat customers, the people who were frustrated that they couldn't get the best version of the game because of an arbitrary number will remember. The pinball market is brimming with active companies with regular new releases. There are plenty of alternative places to spend pinball dollars. Those of us who were in the market before the boom will be here after the boom.
It doesn't really matter what the next CGC game is. I know I won't be interested, because the two times I've tried buying a CGC game before have been incredibly frustrating, and never for a good reason. If you want to play the LE game, then best of luck. You'll get a lot of interest that way, but you lose those of us who don't care about numbers and just want the features. I'm not just talking about a topper but the entire package.
You're clearly going to upset some people no matter what you do at this point. Capping LEs, selling the topper individually, or increasing the number of LEs... There's no way around it. Some people will be unhappy. I don't understand this moral hard-line on keeping the number of LEs when it's clearly problematic. People are already flipping their spots for thousands of dollars. Is that better than giving everyone a chance to buy it? Price gouging people on day one because some people were lucky and some weren't? That's a line in the sand you can't cross? A sacred number on a plaque?
I guess this hobby has become corrupted by the desire to exclude people. Creating value by withholding something from eager customers just to make other customers feel special. I don't respect that. Not at all.

This is not true for 99% of ppl. If you keep things rare, people want them more. That's why this is a blessing for cgc. If they keep doing this, they keep making stupid money.

#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No one except flippers and investors want to keep this exclusive, players and pinball fans just want the game. The SAME game no matter what CCr they play!

Most just want what they paid for, a limited edition machine that has a better chance of holding value and maybe makes them feel happy to have purchased. If you don't like that, email Chicago and tell them to stop making LEs. This is not on the buyers ffs. This is done in ALL collectable industries. Not everyone gets the rare item. It's to drive fomo and sales, and it works very well.

#2963 2 years ago

What a mess.

The differences are now almost nothing. If you can't manage selling an LE model, DON'T OFFER THEM.

At least we all know for next time.

#2984 2 years ago

The worst part is that they stand to make a SHITLOAD from this cash grab but won't even try to appease those who stood behind them to order their LEs early.

Why not provide the Lyman update? More cash I guess....

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

All this consternation and angst and I bet CGC gets less than a dozen cancellations.
I do hope y'all enjoy *playing* these games when they finally arrive, whichever model you wind up with.

I know I'm taking troll bait, but whatever...

I essentially signed a contract via downpayment with cgc for a machine which was the "only" one with the topper. This has nothing to do with playing pinball. It has to do with an agreement and integrity. By offering the topper, they changed the contract. With historical actions and wording, any judge would award for the buyers. This is in bad faith.

If they want to rip us off, which is what they are doing, they should at least do something on our end.

I have never had the intention of flipping this game, and you guys are nuts if you think 1250 LEs will sell for crazy amounts after 6 months. They have now doubled this number.

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

There is nothing to understand. Anyone who ordered an LE to own, in their house, and presumably play, and feels upset that someone somewhere else has an SE with a topper is a rotten person.

Lol. By your logic, anyone who plans ahead and buys rare items to collect and enjoy is a rotten person.

Who's rotten here...?

#3019 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMFG you LE buyers.
In Australia this means you got a $3000 topper (plus a bunch of very cool LE only extras) for literally doing nothing
LE price aud$16990
SE price aud$13990
SE+ will have to be aud$16990
So you got the $3000 topper plus the LE extras and the inherent LE flip margin ($5k??) for literally doing nothing but putting your name on a list and you’re all still whining.

No. The Le basically gets a shaker and loses its rarity. 5k flip. Lol gtfo. It's not an le anymore.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You are kidding right?

Please revisit you math. No one is getting a free topper.

#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I bought a JJP ECLE. I know all about bad faith hahaha. I got over it and realized all this artificial scarcity is just a way manufacturers can get more money. I couldn't care less about LE bling but gatekeeping gameplay features behind LE models is annoying. Bring on the toppers!

Y'know, I agree with you, except 'bring on the toppers' IF it's the initial strategy.

#3049 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’re right, I meant to say the topper now has a value of $3k.
So you’re still getting:
“Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.”
Which is way more than a Stern LE gets imo.
Plus the flip value. You don’t think it’s Aud$5000?
The LE is still a bargain. Was clearly under priced.
In any case - just cancel.
But I’m with you on the way the whole thing was handled. It’s a huge mess.

I think what a lot of you are missing is that most LE buyers want the game. I want to own this machine. I thought I lost out on an LE and was going to get an SE down the road. I had no plans on bitching about it. Then I managed to get a pre-order for the Le. Awesome! I was excited as I was pretty sure it would hold its value. 1250 is a huge number for LEs, so I wasn't as confident as you are about value.

My issue is purely contractual. Yes, I get extras, but MUCH less than what cgc agreed to provide.

Cgc is taking value from my purchase as cash. This is in bad faith. It just is. We can debate all day about greed and sharing etc., But the only debate I see is this agreement.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Then get a refund for fucks sake

Please see the post above yours for fucks sake.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

What exactly "MUCH less" are they providing you? You could certainly pay the same amount for the SE+ and give me your LE for the same price.
They aren't providing you anything less... they are providing other an opportunity to pay more (the same amount you paid, to get less than what you got)

#3062 2 years ago

Well, you aren't gonna get the deal you agreed to. Period. So, you are left with 2 choices. Get a refund, or continue bitching incessantly.
For fucks sake

You don't need to read any of it. That's the beauty of Internet forums!

But I'm glad you at least understand the issue. That's all I'm trying to clarify.

#3102 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes it does
When you return a broke product at target do you demand something more in return too???
If you don’t like the sale - you can walk away scott free. That’s the restitution any court would offer too. You literally have no other harm done.

Lol. Logic 101 here folks.

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I’m going to CNC my own wood arch cover and get other similar mods as they are sold for art blades, tracks, etc

You should sell it too so that cgc can see more money on the table. Then maybe they'll realize they should sell it.

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Why?
Since the LE and the SE+ are essentially the same price and the LE has more stuff (and is more limited), this should keep the LE price high.
If the SE+ was a lot cheaper than the LE, then the LE owners might see the LE prices in the future not being as high.
Robert

I don't see anything limited or extra value at this point. If you put a shaker and blades and get @linoleum to CNC you the arch, you have an LE. Who cares about a numbered plate? No one.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

The real people who are upset are the LE flippers. You can still get your money back and I am sure people would take your spot.
Just enjoy the game.

Can you even read, or are you just lazy?

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What about all the people that wanted an LE and could not get one because people bought them to flip? They have to suffer and pay over retail?
I think this is a smart move. Maybe the rollout should have been at the same time, but I do not think it would change the LE Market Buyers.

Seeing that you can't even read a few pages back, I'll spell it out for you for the fiftieth time: almost everyone wants the game. Show me evidence of these flippers. The number is very low.

Not everyone can get the latest stern LE. Guess why? It's LIMITED.

They did a run of 1250 when stern usually does 500. This company will feel it when times aren't as good, trust me. I'm only keeping my order because I've wanted this game for over a decade. I don't care what they make in the future.

I can't believe that stern has ended up being the best pinball company. It's like I'm living in another dimension.

#3305 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC should just move to the JJP model....make a shit ton of LE's even thought their not LE's, and have a CE version of the game (500 units) or simply make a base model and let people buy whatever upgrades they want i.e. topper, game blades, trim, toys, etc.....

I totally agree. I don't care if they want to sell a zillion LEs. I'm just not a fan of being deceived.

Apparently I needed to attend a show to learn about what I was buying.

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

That an SE+ version exists now does not change anything to the LE run.

Clearly you're an economist.

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.
On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.
There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.
At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.
For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.
I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.
Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.
We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.
Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.
The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.
Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.
Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.
It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

It's refreshing to see a company response. I'm sure we'll all learn something from this, and that will make the pinball world a better place.

I do see a strong majority of LE buyers as non-flippers, so I don't think it's fair to boil down the sell-out to money-hungry purchasers. In the end, the game will be awesome, you'll make a boatload more cash, and those who felt left out are consoled. It's just too bad that the communication was unclear and looks like a bait and switch. I'm sure this wasn't the intent.

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Would the value of the pin appreciate significantly if only LE models could have the topper, maybe for the first year.

proxy-image.gifproxy-image.gif

#3754 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I've been waiting for some of the older CGC remake games to drop in price for a little while now and those prices keep going up.
That is not to say they won't eventually drop in value, but you'll need a lot more patients than I have for that. I've also seen a lot of these games on location with perfect playfields. It would take real neglect to get these games to the point where the playfield needs replacing, I don't think you'll see many of those either.

The originals will probably drop huge if they can't have the new code.

#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Screen printing and silk screening are just different names for the same thing. In this process each layer of ink is put down separately by pushing ink through a silkscreen onto whatever media you are printing on.
Typically screen printing utilizes 4-color process (aka CMYK) which utilizes cyan, magenta, yellow and black ink to create the appearance of a limited gamut of colors. Playfields typically screened CMYK utilize six silk screens (white, C, M, Y, K and opaque black). Solvent based inks are used when silk screening playfields.
We have screen printed all remakes utilizing spot colors as was done for the original games. Utilizing spot colors provides a much wider color gamut. Instead of colors being represented by a mix of C, M, Y or K dots, the color you are seeing is achieved by mixing each ink to the specific color desired. Another upside to spot colors is a richer appearance as the solid colors tend to fully flood an area instead of appearing as small dots. The downside of spot colors is efficiency. Our previous remakes have required 12 to 14 screening operations. Each operation needs to be near perfectly registered to the previous layer of silk screen ink.
The other downside of silk screening playfields is the skill level required.
I believe the other playfield manufacturers are digitally printing playfields and sometimes digitally printing and then adding a single screen printed spot color. Digital printing equipment puts down all four colors (CMYK) in a single pass. Digital inks are UV cured which mean they dry instantly. Most digital printers are 4-color process. Registration between the colors is never an issue and loading a digital press requires almost no skill.
I believe all playfield manufacturers are using urethane clear coats. Some are using automotive grade urethanes which are widely available and less expensive. We still use the same supplier and material as Williams/Bally did. This product was initially developed to coat the heads of wooden golf clubs by a chemist named Dale Bodiker. He found a way to formulate a urethane hard coat that would remain flexible over time. We have looked for another product with similar characteristics but have been unable to find anything that remains flexible.
Urethane is extremely sensitive to certain contaminants. UV inks are typically produced by the manufacturer of the printing equipment. I have looked into digital printing equipment but have been unable to find digital inks specifically formulated for use with urethane. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist. We purchase solvent based inks mixed to our specifications which include purity level requirements.

Super stoked to get my first CGC machine!

2 weeks later
#4145 2 years ago

I thought the description of the game said it included new code. What is new in the base code that's included with the game?

#4160 2 years ago

If you dig the extra code idea, that's cool. For me, I like it simple. I'd much rather the game just come with all the code. Charge me more at purchase--whatever. I just don't want to go through another transaction to add code. When I pay the cash for an LE, I would prefer to get the end product. Maybe I'm just old skoo, homie.

#4181 2 years ago

I feel they're a waste of time and money on modern machines.

True, but I'd add all the other machines to that list as well.

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I tend to agree, however I recently purchased a HUO TSPP that the previous owner installed a play field protector. Its actually really nice (I was surprised), and u can't really tell its even there....not sure why he installed one, but the play field is perfect

Pins are pins. I actually like the wear on my Genie. I like thinking about the people in the 70s whacking away at it. Seeing some wood adds character.

The good news is that the protector group is a small minority. Moving a game with *gasp* dimples will still be incredibly easy. These are industrial grade vending machines, built to take wear.

But, if you want to protect and polish your vending machine, I say go for it!

1 week later
#4285 2 years ago

I like to view pinball games as a form of interactive art, so unlicensed themes with a great world are king.

Well said. Too bad the era of kickass unlicensed themes is over

I also think Williams games of the 90s are the best games ever made, and I somehow don't own one yet.

But you own a Gladiators, the next best thing!

1 week later
#4364 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

CGC certainly dropped the ball with the Expo reveal - for whatever reason they simply weren’t prepared. And they compounded that by not proof reading the initial webpage that had some cut and paste errors. But CGC was consistent from the beginning about the LE count, the topper, and then the plans for the SE+.
It’s not that some people were harsh - they were misinformed or interpreted things they way they wanted because they didn’t pay attention, don’t excel at reading comprehension or simply got caught up in FOMO.
Those that were actually harsh or outraged were more likely interested in flipping LEs rather than owning one. And then there are those that don’t bother doing the math to figure out most aren’t going to have LEs by February.
Where CGC seems to have failed so far is underestimating interest in Cactus Canyon supercharged by the dual surprises of the topper and future Lyman code and then essentially going radio silent when it became apparent SEs weren’t going to ship in November.

My God, man. You really want to start the debate all over again? Wtf?

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I'm buying it! It's going to be awesome! I don't care what anyone says. Love the theme and that's the most important part to me. I've had games that had great layouts, flow and code but I didn't like the theme so I got rid of it. From what I've seen, the layout looks pretty great to me, and we know the code will be amazing with Lyman.

Layout is everything, far beyond theme and code IMHO. You can't fix a game that shoots poorly. RZ is a great example.

Flynn is somewhat correct in that the layout is nothing groundbreaking, but I don't see it as pedestrian either. It's a classic W/B layout. I've spent some quality time on the game and feel that the layout is fine. As with most W/B games from the era, you'll want to crank the angle, widen the outlanes and adjust the rules toward maximum difficulty. Easy games need adjustment for home use.

The game is eons better than something like Fish Tales. I'd say it's in the the Scared Stiff range, which is great. Lyman will make it even better.

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Well, after being pinless for years I finally decided to drain the savings and get a CCR SE+ topper. I'm not a good player so I don't worry about having endless numbers of modes to play since my games don't last long at all. I fell in love with the game playing the Pinball Arcade version and loved it even more the few times I was able to play one of the originals that had been updated with the additional homemade code. I honestly don't care whether totally redone code will be ready when I get mine. I honestly don't know if I'll use the topper initially because where I'm putting my in the ceiling will be too low for it (hope the cord is long enough to let me set it on a table next to the pin). And given the pinflation everwhere, I do have a reasonable expectation that when I sell it I won't lose money on it.
Frankly, I think that busbodies who are constantly dissing a game they haven't played should go elsewhere. I've disliked nearly every Stern game since Star Trek, but I don't go into different game forums ragging about how I don't like them. That's what the ratings thing is for.

I'd love to hear why you dislike them. Debate is what a forum is all about.

#4465 2 years ago

Toppers, side armor, extra toys, powder coating.. it's all pretty lame in the grand scheme of things. Pinball is pinball.

I'm happy I have a few "beaters" in my collection. Keeps me grounded.

I did buy IMDN LE though and added a digital topper to my DILE... so maybe I'm not as grounded as I think...

1 week later
#4613 2 years ago

Depending on where you keep your machine. The keyless locks you can buy for a few bucks are amazing. I have them on all my machines.

Link?

1 week later
#4774 2 years ago

My hope is for zero update and games shipped without toppers. Then an update that toppers are coming soon. Nothing more.

#4804 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

So, let me get this straight, someone calls you out on a false premise and your all offended. Then jumps another conversation like a little kid needing attention and yet again gets offended.
Ok let me make an offer. I can be over to Lloyds when he opens tomorrow and we can have an adult conversation over some pinball and play some CGC games discussing the new CCr.
So how keyboard commando are you now?
On a side note, going to Texas pinball if the guy from Texas wants to do the same
Super excited to see if the game of the code is gonna hit first.

Why don't you children take it to PM so the rest of us men can continue the thread?

#4925 2 years ago

*sigh* Children and their toys.

"When do I get my toy? I wanna know NOW!"

"I'm going to cancel my toy if they won't tell me"

"Look how much I paid for my toy. I deserve an answer!"

All from the kids who haven't bothered to actually, you know, email the company...

It's been stated repeadetly that CGC doesn't do updates. Get usded to it. You have to wait. Surely you have at least one other thing in life that can hold you over. If not, PM me and I'll send you book of crossword puzzles FREE with free shipping anywhere in the world.

#4927 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Are you one of the individuals who are patiently awaiting their game? Do you have a deposit down on a CCR? People were only asking for a simple update since the previous timetable they have gave has came and gone. This is not too much to ask. Communication is very important. There is no excuse for not informing your customers of delays.

I have an LE on order, and I have great news for you. I have AN UPDATE:

You will get your game when it's made. CGC always does this. It's happened with every game. I am not lying. Posting here over and over and over and over and over and over and ... I think you get the point -- won't change anything. You and all the others want an update. You're not getting one. The great news is that there is a guy offering crossword puzzles to any CGC customer for FREE.

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Too cool for school, huh? Letting’ everyone know how chill you are, nice.

Not at all. I just keep thinking people might actually be talking about the game and it's the same old "Where are the updates" crowd. How many times do we have to go through it?

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Look at me everybody I’m up on my high horse! Yeeeehaw!
Lock is lit but if you ask for an update some old timers will tell ya how the Wild West really works. Don’t ask questions just take it in the saddle partna!

Lol. I'll translate:

Look at me everybody I’m up on my high horse! Yeeeehaw!
Lock is lit but if you ask for an update seventy times after you've already been told how the company steers their wagon, some cowboy will tell ya how the Wild West really works. Ask questions, but accept the answers partna!

1 month later
#5510 2 years ago

I hope it's not true. I actually enjoy reading complaints.

#5548 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So, is David Thiel doing new music for CCr?

I was wondering the same. That would be crazy awesome. Best in the biz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
7,000 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.