(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The big question is what will Lyman do with it. Because it's a pretty avg WPC game on it's own. The CGC additions are welcome and the new dots look great.. but at it's core it was still the 'just another shoot each shot 3 times' late WPC game. The quickdraw/shootout standups are its only standout.

You make a good argument that this "pretty avg game on its own" has a good chance of being the best of the remakes.

MM, AFM. and MB are all at their core just the same old 'shoot each shot 3 times' rulesets. Doesn't seem to hurt their popularity.

Lyman's involvement is a literal game changer, signifying that this remake has much more upside to provide a new game experience than any previous remake.

I had played MM to death before the remake announcement and had no interest in it.

I felt AFMr offered cooler bling upgrades from the original compared to MM. I find it's a better experience playing it than the original.

MB was kinda boring before, and I didn't see much difference with the remake when I played it.

CCr's standing in pinball is yet unknown, but it's definitely got the most potential to be a better, newer, modernized improved version than any of its remake predecessors.

The new software is the key variable.

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Which is why I said
"The big question is what will Lyman do with it. Because it's a pretty avg WPC game on it's own. The CGC additions are welcome and the new dots look great.. but at it's core it was still the 'just another shoot each shot 3 times' late WPC game"

Again, at its core, MM, AFM and MB are exactly the same, still the 'just another shoot each shot 3 times' late WPC game'.

But CCr is preparing to go beyond that core. This remake will be better than at its original inception.

We still need to see how the new code pans out, but all of your complaints about CC are completely irrelevant and some are even nonsensical (ie, the game's reputation.)

#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or we could look at the last 25 years. Is it put on a pedestal compared to its peers? Nope.
Put it in collections surrounded by other great games and this one gets passed over once the novelty is gone. Observe it over and over at Papa, or in private collections.
I'm just surprised more of you old timers haven't spent more time with the game. It's not like it's been hidden away - it's common in most prominent collections and good virtual versions of it have been around for ages.

You keep complaining about CC.

This thread is discussing the remake which is not a direct replica.

Catch up already.

2 weeks later
#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

because YOU FEEL like they owe you something more then the product when it’s ready.

He never said any such thing. You just made it up.

Maybe you really don't understand his point.

2 months later
#6070 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Perhaps. But I’m pretty sure PPS has the largest allocation of LEs if not overall games (by contract) so they have a built in advantage over anyone else for CGC remakes.

PPS may have also received a discounted rate from CGC since they had CGC by the cojones with the licensing fees. It's PPS' way, or the highway.

I don't think I would ever pick PPS as a distributor either. They seem kind of sucky.

Ever try to buy a licensed part from them? If you need it, it's not in stock.

1 week later
#6130 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Royals were a 1 time deal as announced by CGC at the time. You can get the special edition though. Unless you are looking at the used market.

... but then...

Quoted from jfh:

What I took away on reruns was a subtle “never say never but we’re focused on improving not revisiting” (not a direct quote).

So doesn't it seem quite possible that they could make an improved Royal Edition and just call it something else?

Kinda like what the Royal Edition did to the original MMr LE models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.