(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Wrong they never had plaques made. Someone else made them. Williams stopped production for pinball 2000s.

That's not correct. Williams originally intended for each game to have a numbered plaque. Unfortunately, they received them well after the games had shipped, and with Williams moving onto pinball 2000, some were sent randomly to distributors, most didn't reach an owner at all and even fewer lined up with the game it was associated with.

Many years ago, after this occured, there were a few people on RGP that had a stash and were seeking owners with proof of ownership. Others looking to trade etc.

Much later and far more recently some reproductions were made for PPS without the number stamped in them. These were and still maybe available to buy direct from PPS.

2 months later
#979 2 years ago

Oooh baby!

#2357 2 years ago

Oooh baby!

Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Anyone in Australia heard from Wayne yet ? Would love to know if I’m one of the 65 or not

I believe some have, yes.

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball

Excellent news. That statements reads as though All CCR customers can purchase the mirrored backglass regardless of which distributor the game is purchased from. Certainly good news for us here in Australia. Hopefully the other options are available too, including the ability to get secure new titles as they are announced.

1 month later
#4386 2 years ago

There's a name for those that continue to make the same point over and over again.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#4419 2 years ago

It's groundhog day...... each day for countless days now this thread has been subjected to endless back and forth posts. Please fellas, who cares, lets just wait until the new game code is released and judge it and how well it's integrated when the time comes. Will it be the golden chariot of pinball, who knows, perhaps it will, perhaps it won't. Layout vs code vs Lyman's obvious talents. Proof will be in the gameplay experience.

#4551 2 years ago

Our Australian distributor has issued invoices as he usually does as part of the ordering process, I've received one too. But has not requested final payments to the best of my knowledge.

#4586 2 years ago

That process lines up with each transaction for a CGC game I've bought from Ballypinball . I think some people were getting ahead of themselves in anticipation.

1 week later
#4762 2 years ago

Wow, woke up this morning to see the thread ablaze with 40+ new postings, only to find it full of opinion and speculation. Seriously, find something else to do with your time! Enjoy playing another game, work on a project, talk to a loved one or a friend.

1 week later
#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

A “handful” of SEs may trickle out “this week or next”. “Once those look and feel good, you’ll see a few more SEs.”
He expects LEs to ship next month with SE+ late March.

That's exactly what he said, unfortunately it makes no logical sense whatsoever. There is no way known that CGC can produce all 1250 LE's in that time frame.

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Wasn’t it mentioned that an additional line was created using the pandemic downtime to expand
Maybe they will have multiple lines going to crank them out

They'll need more than an additional line. Stern couldn't crank out 1250 games in that time frame!

1 week later
#5066 2 years ago

In respect for Lyman Sheats, how about we do what we can, it's only a small thing, but significant none the less.

Let's not post in this thread for 24hrs. Our way of saying thanks for all you gave us in pinball. 24hrs of silence. RIP Lyman we miss you.

#5067 2 years ago

We made it, well done! A great sign of respect for a truly great gentleman.

This might be too big an ask, but how about we keep this thread positive for a week??

They'll be a lot of Lyman's close family and friends doing it very tough over the next week with the funeral and the general grieving process. Let's not talk about the code, we'll be informed in due course by CGC. Remember the people at CGC are grieving the loss of their friend and colleague. Let them be and continue the respect we've shown so far. The information will come in due course.

#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Thank you for posting yesterday and today!

Sure, thought it was the right thing to do. Thanks.

1 week later
#5190 2 years ago

If assembly hadn't started, then it would be incredibly easy to machine the playfields for a modification. The 800 playfields were only drilled, routed and had the artwork screened onto them. They were not assembled at that stage.

#5192 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did not realize that. I thought they were cleared.

They probably were and if they were it still doesn't pose a problem to machine them.

1 month later
#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I wish we could get Brian's as a mirrored backglass!

Now that would cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
7,000 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.