(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2291 2 years ago

I find it weird how a bunch of folks are getting worked up about things that are pure speculation. A few random anonymous pinside dudes say "They're going to sell LE toppers later" and everybody believes it and then starts ranting non-stop.

They didn't sell separate toppers with AFM and MB. They did with MM however that was a unique situation being the first game ever they made and wanting to make the same improvements/upgrades they offered on MB and AFM. Whatever. Relax and play a bit of pinball ffs.

How about we all wait and see what happens before going off on rants?

Based on their previous track record of games that initially released with a topper on the LE(AFM & MB) it's unlikely the toppers will be made available later.

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Planetary pinball is not random anonymous pinside dudes…they hold the freaking license. I know they don’t flat out say it will be available, but I would imagine they wouldn’t say the below if it wasn’t possible/even likely.
SPECIAL OFFER: Currently the Cactus Canyon topper is not available on the SE - if the topper does become available FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE, we will give you a PRIORITY UPGRADE so that you will receive the TOPPER! The price of the topper functionality is not available nor is it certain that it will be offered with the SE, but if it is, we will upgrade you!!!

Yep. Because a bunch of ppl are asking about it. They're saying don't bother us we'll tell you IF it happens. Did you read that paragraph?? There is absolutely NO indication it's likely. They're just saying IF it happens.

Hey I don't care either way. I'm a topper guy - all my games have them. If I was buying an SE then sure I'd love to get the topper. The MMr topper was 700 and all it had were some flashing lights. I'm guessing an animated topper like this would be more expensive. Then it'll be all the rants about how it's too expensive and a money grab (I remember the rants about the King of Payne topper).

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Additionally, if you read doug duba's most recent note on this thread, he strongly implies that a future feature upgrade kit will likely not be limited to software alone. Putting those two together and there is a likelihood that ALL owners will be embraced in some fashion. (Perhaps a set of swinging saloon doors and a new software image?).

I also read it as the removed doors being available later. Hey it could the topper or could be many other things who knows...

Of course then we'll get the LE owners all pissed off that they got the LE but it's an "incomplete" game and they should whatever upgrade for free. lol..

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So wishing for having time to evaluate a product and still have the best version available is .....
"be careful what you wish for"

wishing for having time to evaluate a product and still have the best version available is .....

Unrealistic at this time unfortunately.

I had the same issue with the new car I just bought. I couldn't see or test drive the model/trim level I was looking to buy as there are none available due to manufacturing issues. I based my decision on the manufacturer's track record and previous personal experience and ordered it anyway. Took 4 months to get it.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

We, as customers shouldn´t accept it and it´s a bad buissness model if you have a really great product.

I get what you are saying but unfortunately you are in the minority. Plenty of other people will gladly take a chance. It's a personal choice really.

While you see it as a bad business model I think CGC's business is doing quite well. They sell quality products at comparable prices to the other manufacturers.

Their offering of a limited version is no different than what Stern/JJP/Spooky/Haggis are doing.

#2473 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern only limited toppers with BM66LE & SLE something they have never done again since.
What I find weird about this CGC topper situation is they must have spent a lot of time coding in this shooting gallery feature, I just can’t see that being exclusive to the LE, whether SE owners get a slightly different topper it’s an odd choice to limit such an extensive feature.

OMG you made me spit my coffee through my nose!!

First of all Stern has made at least one other limited topper and that was Star Wars. And for the rest, Stern has NEVER produced enough toppers or other game specific add-on accessories in enough quantities to meet demand. EVER.

Just go on eBay and search pinball toppers. Flippers LOVE the Stern topper situation.

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

When will the first standards reach owners and distributors?

Never. They are making Special editions and limited editions. No standard/classic.

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.

Doug_Duba

The loudest voices of dissent are not the majority. The quality build of my MMrRE and the very reasonable price point of CGC machines is what made me not hesitate to jump on board, not the possibility of owning a rare and valuable piece of plastic on top of the game.

Keep building awesome games and don't make us wait over a year for Lyman's upgrade!!

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Are the LEs going to be produced first or at least some of them before SEs? I believe that was always the case in the past? One of the big reasons I buy LEs is I'm impatient and want the game sooner.

You’re confusing with Stern.

CGC usually builds classics first (none in this case), then the SEs, then the LEs.

However now with the SE+ who knows.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Doug_Duba
A question came up in another thread about Lyman/Josh's code being an add-on extra that's not included.
Is that the case, or is it actually included with the game? I didn't see this indicated in the details on the website.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon[quoted image]

That matrix shows that the original incomplete code is included, as well as the completed as originally intended code (it’s the enhanced code). As JSC said it’s not listed anywhere what that entails exactly other than Bionic Bart mode and OK Corral modes are in. What those are isn’t clear yet.

What Josh & Lyman are working on is an add-on(software and hardware) that will essentially be CC 2.0. There is no info on what it is, any timeline or cost yet.

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I took a year off of Pinside and it wasn't that bad.
And for those that saw my previous post in this thread, I decided to pass on the LE offer and cancel my SE order. I decided it's better for me to wait until Lyman's code is in place and I play it before I commit to buy. If it's great I'll pay the market price at that time, but not before.

How dare you cloud the issue with logic and common sense!!!

The only folks that should be allowed this thread are the whiners(& flippers) that can only bitch and complain all the GD time.

Oh wait... It's already like that.. lol

#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

there is much conjecture if they feel like originals

That always makes me laugh.. The machines were assembled at W/B in those days but Churchill Cabinets(now CGC) were making the cabs and playfields. I think the reason for the "different feel" is the OGs are over 20 years old. Makes a difference comparing a brand spanking new machine to the same one but that's 20+ years old.

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

There are obviously producers watching threads like theese.
There are a lot of companies in a plethora of fields, that arent depending on luring/forcing people into impulsive buying and they are doing fine.
Are you saying that no pinball company under any circumstance would survive without the forced limited business model?

Let me dumb this down for you. Most pinball manufacturers are not multi billion dollar corporations.

Getting an influx of cash at the start of the production helps them stay afloat. Right now there is no easier way to get a bunch of quick deposits than to have a limited version that buyers have to get now or miss out.

LE deposits = 1250 x $1k = $1.25m of quick cash to buy the initial batch of parts for the assembly line.

It’s kind of like crowd funding.

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Which could easily be solved by going with limited time to order, instead of limited number of games.

Possibly. However scarcity is what primarily drives fomo.

#3690 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

But I believe they cut the classic to force everyone to believe in the massive value of the LE and now the SE

I believe they didn’t offer the classic because they had to write new dots for it(to complete code and new modes) and doing them for the regular dmd is a ton more work and may have been impractical. Seems they used the hi res of their large display for the shootout video mode. Also their classics probably don’t sell as well or as much as the SE and LE.

Just pure speculation on my part. I tend not to believe in conspiracy theories.

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cool I bet they would sell more classic's than any other version at 5999.00. But your theory is neat too!

I like yours too! Who the hell could turn down a NIB at $6k.

#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

That's how much they were just 20 months ago

Seems like 20 years ago doesn’t it…

#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

I thought the playfield was screen printed? How does that peel up?

I believe CGC does not screen print. They silkscreen as was traditionally done. This probably explains why their pfs seem more resilient to chipping and loss of artwork when compared to other manufacturers including CPR.

However there were some early LEs that were built by Stern under contract. Maybe those pf are printed?

#3764 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Screen printing and silk screening are two in the same.

ummmm... not quite. Silkscreening is done in layers with dithering. I visited Stern back in the day when they were still silkscreening their own playfields and also CPR when they first started. I've seen it first hand. It takes many layers to get all the colors down and each layer has to dry before the next one is applied. Long and tedious.

From what I was told screen printing is basically an inkjet printer. I think it's 1 pass and done. Screen printing is cheaper and faster which is why most manufacturers changed to that method. Oh and you get nicer photo realistic artwork. Only problem is lifts with the clearcoat.

From a non-expert point of view is would seem like there's an adherence issue with the ink with the newer process. It sticks to the clearcoat much more than it sticks to the playfield.

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There may be ways to extract the updated code from the CGC version and burn to eprom to run in an original machine. It all depends on what type of DRM there is, and how the "new" code is run. If it's purely updating the old code and running it via emulation as CGC has been doing, then theoretically it could work in an original game.

If you look at the streamed video (guy changing the settings at the start) from yesterday it doesn't look like it's an emulation layer like the previous games. It's not the WPC menu yet they are changing what used to be regular WPC settings. Seems like a new OS altogether.

Also the new dots were not converted to "classic" DMD so you'd have nothing on the display for a bunch of things.

#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Only difference is the fiber choice in the mesh. Otherwise, it's the same. Perhaps your thinking direct print like what spooky does?

Yeah I was thinking direct print.

#3769 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

If I were looking into my crystal ball - it would be a pretty wise (yet controversial) financial move for CGC to port MMr to the new hardware and get Lyman to enhance the MM code (that would not be backwards compatible with MM and require a costly board upgrade for first gen MMRs).

They could do that for all the remakes (SE & LE). Create a 2.0 enhanced game. Cost of the upgrade is the software + new CGC main board. They could probably sell it for $1000-$1500 if it really enhances the game a lot.

Obviously those with classic editions or MMrLE would need to get the XL display/speaker panel too.

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

As much as I would love some software enhancements to MBr.

MB would definitely be the remake to benefit the most from enhanced code with a bit more depth.

#3786 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Screen printing and silk screening are just different names for the same thing. In this process each layer of ink is put down separately by pushing ink through a silkscreen onto whatever media you are printing on.
Typically screen printing utilizes 4-color process (aka CMYK) which utilizes cyan, magenta, yellow and black ink to create the appearance of a limited gamut of colors. Playfields typically screened CMYK utilize six silk screens (white, C, M, Y, K and opaque black). Solvent based inks are used when silk screening playfields.
We have screen printed all remakes utilizing spot colors as was done for the original games. Utilizing spot colors provides a much wider color gamut. Instead of colors being represented by a mix of C, M, Y or K dots, the color you are seeing is achieved by mixing each ink to the specific color desired. Another upside to spot colors is a richer appearance as the solid colors tend to fully flood an area instead of appearing as small dots. The downside of spot colors is efficiency. Our previous remakes have required 12 to 14 screening operations. Each operation needs to be near perfectly registered to the previous layer of silk screen ink.
The other downside of silk screening playfields is the skill level required.
I believe the other playfield manufacturers are digitally printing playfields and sometimes digitally printing and then adding a single screen printed spot color. Digital printing equipment puts down all four colors (CMYK) in a single pass. Digital inks are UV cured which mean they dry instantly. Most digital printers are 4-color process. Registration between the colors is never an issue and loading a digital press requires almost no skill.
I believe all playfield manufacturers are using urethane clear coats. Some are using automotive grade urethanes which are widely available and less expensive. We still use the same supplier and material as Williams/Bally did. This product was initially developed to coat the heads of wooden golf clubs by a chemist named Dale Bodiker. He found a way to formulate a urethane hard coat that would remain flexible over time. We have looked for another product with similar characteristics but have been unable to find anything that remains flexible.
Urethane is extremely sensitive to certain contaminants. UV inks are typically produced by the manufacturer of the printing equipment. I have looked into digital printing equipment but have been unable to find digital inks specifically formulated for use with urethane. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist. We purchase solvent based inks mixed to our specifications which include purity level requirements.

Thanks so much for the description!!! I was definitively talking about the digital printing as being possibly problematic with adherence/compatibility issues. Or so it would seem... Love the quality product of CGC - even though I only have the MMrRE for now.

BTW your participation in this thread is so appreciated.

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I am confused...The code is going to be a separate option to purchase? Why would this be the case instead of just including it? Also, has it been completed?

The original AND completed come with the game. Lyman and Josh are working on NEW code (think 2.0).

Not completed. No indication on cost. No estimated date for availability.

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Would a new Lyman code mean more call outs/music/sounds? New call outs would sound same as the original voices? Noticeably different? How does this stuff work?

May I suggest learning to use the search within a thread feature of Pinside. There are 2 very active threads about CCr right now.

Using this you would find out that it's likely to be a complete re-write BUT they haven't decided anything yet. They are still working on the plan. It may be software only or could be software AND hardware. Once again they haven't decided yet. Obviously they don't have a price or ETA either. One thing we DO know is they got the "rights" to the Cactus Canyon Continued code so they may use some ideas from it or they may not.

Given CGC's ability to keep things pretty secret we likely won't find out anything until it's ready for release.

#3889 2 years ago

Don’t need the search as I read every comment here. My question was regarding a different voice actor. Just wondering what it would sound like if there were new call outs to be added

Makes sense.. That's probably the discussion they are having about project scope.

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Has anyone ever done a tarnished/weathered look for armor? Like a Disney crustiness like you would find in Frontierland metal? That would be pretty nifty on this one for my tastes.

https://patinapowdercoat.com/

#3897 2 years ago

Don’t need the search as I read every comment here. My question was regarding a different voice actor. Just wondering what it would sound like if there were new call outs to be added

50 pages about a topper is ridiculous, I just asked a simple question. Excuse my ignorance

Well if you have read every comment as you claim then you'd realize your question is probably 6-12 months premature since even CGC doesn't know how far they will take this yet.

It's not a simple question. It's a question that nobody can answer at this point, not even Doug_Duba !!!

#3916 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So if I have this right:
They create an LE and sell out immediately.
Lots of people are upset that they couldn't get one.
CGC says "We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed."
They announce a new version SE+ that includes the topper so that people can get it without worrying about the limited numbers.
They then decide to limit the version that was supposed to quell criticism about LEs...

Ummm not quite… they made the SE+ so that the ppl who complained about missing out on the Topper could put their money where their mouth is..

Nobody has claimed to be sold out of se+ so what exactly is your complaint about?

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Thanks. I had seen that one. I am hoping for a longer video/steam which shows all the new modes/dots.

Pretty sure you'll have to wait for someone who streams to get theirs. With only 2-3 prototype machines out in the wild in commercial locations I can't imagine a streamer bringing all his gear and getting the OK to set up.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nice to have the clarification from pinagogo but that begs the question - why doesn’t PPS sell the backglasses directly to anyone that wants them? Seems like they have a lot of extra work to do to limit one per verified CCr owner. How many people really want to buy more than one anyway? And I’m guessing the number of non CC/CCr owners that want to buy one is going to be pretty small.

They want to avoid the douchebags oops I mean the scalpers by selling directly to the verified owners.

The number of non-owners buying the backglass would be pretty high just like with stern toppers and other accessories or even the LEs themselves. All about flipping for a quick buck.

I for one applaud PPS' attempt at controlling/limiting that bs.

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Weren't there people saying that it was not only lymans code upgrade but possibly also additional physical stuff like new mech (redesigned saloon doors?) or similar? If that's the case I could se it being a rather expensive upgrade.

CGC has posted in this thread about Lyman and Josh working on it but that they hadn't determined the scope yet. That there *COULD* be physical aspects in addition to software. Folks here just started assuming it was the saloon doors. As has been also mentioned, the prototype saloon doors required the playfield to be routed differently so it's not likely to happen. It could be as basic as a new translite to accompany the new code.

Nobody really knows except maybe some folks at CGC. Anything else is pure speculation.

#4174 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Time will tell, but I doubt people will throw stupid money at a code update

Seems like people did it for BoP 2.0 and now Funhouse 2.0

#4215 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC makes a great product, but they are historically months behind when it comes to actually shipping out games.

BINGO!!

I don't expect LEs to ship until late spring into summer TBH based on previous CGC performance.

I'd be shocked if ANY of the SEs ship before Xmas regardless of what CGC said at the shows.

#4249 2 years ago

Hopefully Planetary will figure something out for the Canadian buyers. It would be pretty stupid to ship from CPR(Canadian East cost) to PPS(US West coast) and then BACK to Canada. There are only 2 official distros here up north. Both have representation in the US (Player One and Nitro). Please tell me that something is going to get worked out... Lookin at you PPS

#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I wonder how many SE will ship before the end of the year.

Based on my previous CGC experience my guess is none, zilch, nada.

Awesome quality. Crappy punctuality.

I really hope to get proven wrong though!!!

#4307 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC is always just a "couple" weeks behind that typically extends out to 8-12 weeks....the good news is games will eventually ship, but if history means anything than it will be quite a while.

Yep and it's funny they are a couple of weeks behind on the line that just started a few weeks ago anyway.

1 week later
#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or we could look at the last 25 years. Is it put on a pedestal compared to its peers? Nope.
Put it in collections surrounded by other great games and this one gets passed over once the novelty is gone. Observe it over and over at Papa, or in private collections.
I'm just surprised more of you old timers haven't spent more time with the game. It's not like it's been hidden away - it's common in most prominent collections and good virtual versions of it have been around for ages.

Yes we get it. You find the game dull and repetitive which incidentally is how you come across as well. This is the hype thread. Ppl here are excited about getting the game. You obviously aren't getting it so why do you even troll here.. oops I mean lurk

2 weeks later
#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Seriously. If you say games will ship in 2021 and miss the mark, at least give an update. The complete silence is a little worrisome.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

You must be new around here ....

Or hasn’t bought a CGC game before lol. I received my MMrRE 5-6 months later than they had announced. And no updates either lol.

#4726 2 years ago

If Doug_Duba is smart he will stay the hell away from this thread for now.

Past experience has shown this:

- PINSIDE: "Please give us an update on the delay"

- CGC: "Waiting on a few parts that are delayed, production is still going but games cannot leave until complete"

- Pinside: "What's the part? Can you tell when it will arrive? Can it be made in the US? Where is it now? Who makes it? etc etc etc"

- CGC: "We don't know when it will arrive"

- Pinside: "Can you not ship the games as-is and then ship whatever part was missing after?"

etc. etc. etc.

It's pointless and never ending. All the armchair CEOs would keep chiming in on how they would run the company better blah blah blah..

If they had an estimate they would provide it. It might be counter-intuitive to some anxious members here but by being silent they actually avoid so many more pointless questions/suggestions and they can focus on building what they can while they wait. If you are uncomfortable with the wait you can just cancel. Otherwise you will get you machine when it's ready, like the rest of us!

Pounding the desk with your fist and claiming to deserve an update given the amount of money you are about to spend is ridiculous. It costs the same to all of us. Oh and there's a wait list of people ready to jump in the queue if someone wants to back out.

Just breath.

#4736 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Just annoying when you are invoiced for the full amount, pay in full thinking; hey I don’t want to hold up shipment as it was communicated they would be shipping by the end of November and since I was invoiced full payment versus deposit, I assumed it would be shipping in the near future. Feels more like crowdfunding now. Nearly $10k sitting in someone else’s account, with no information as to when the product will ship. It’s just bad business.

Quoted from Tlamb:

It’s a reputable distributor, main reason I sent full payment.

Sooo..

Only the deposit was to be paid to confirm your purchase.

Even though full payment was not only not necessary and actually against CGC policy you CHOSE to do it. And somehow now that makes you entitled to complain about having made full payment and not knowing where your money is.

Gotcha.

#4759 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Bingo. No soap boxes or anger, we literally just want some sort of communication on the status of the pin.

Quoted from jfh:

Jeez - did someone piss in your Wheaties this morning?
No one here is entitled or acting entitled. No one wants to litigate why there is a delay or get into a back and forth about every little detail.
A status update is just that. A simple courtesy to customers.
And besides - this is a hype thread. Capitalize on our excitement.

You don't need Doug_Duba for an update.

We all know the update they *would* tell us: "Sorry guys we are having a supply chain issue. Games are still being built as much as possible until we get "the part". We don't have an estimate unfortunately given the shipping backlog at our ports of entry. As soon as we get the part we will let everyone know that their games are shipping soon."

And we'd be back to square one with not knowing when we get our games and many pinsiders would be bitching on how CGC should have planned better and/or clamoring for more details because it's a lot of money they will be spending and they HAVE TO KNOW!

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s pretty obvious you have missed the point.

Let's agree to disagree. Go to the MMr thread from Oct 2019 until June 2020. Same complaints and redundant whining about CGC being late and silent and folks wanting updates. When they did get an update from CGC it made things even worse with more whining and questions and dumb-ass suggestions.

Those of us who actually have bought a NIB CGC game previously have seen this before. It didn't ruin our lives. We eventually all got our games and life goes on. I get the excitement. An update to say "we don't know when they will ship" is pointless. We already know that.

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well I've seen this movie three times so I'm pretty well versed in CGC timelines.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I could actually see this happening, which wouldn't be the end of the world

Short memory then? This exact thing happened with the Royal Edition. Topper parts were missing. CGC would not ship the games incomplete.

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

The longer that clear coat can cure the better IMO. Cause once it's in my room I'm turning that sucker on. CGC, take your time.

Same here. I play my games. They are not ornaments or bragging objects.

1 week later
#4968 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I certainly hope not. I really don't like the whole power coat thing, which is why I want an SE.

I don't believe he actualy said anything about quantity. He stated "another run", and since the previous run was 300, I think some people assumed that this meant another 300.

The previous MMR run was actually 500. 355 Royals, and the balance was Classics and Special Editions.

#5015 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I agree with this ....
before some asshat holds my pinball game hostage for ransomware !

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Or brick your game remotely for not paying for some update or when you mod your game.

Paranoia is running rampant with the older crowd lol

#5017 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This is true ...
Now shut up and respect your elders

Yes SIR

BTW I'm pretty sure I qualify as elder... I'm past the half century mark. I'm just not afraid of technology yet

I'm sure it's gonna happen sooner than later though!!

P.S. (just in case some folks get easily offended) My paranoia comment was totally tongue-in-cheek. Just trying to have a bit of fun since there's nothing to do but wait lol.

1 week later
#5142 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Fortunately we worked on stuff closest to the start button first. I don't know a lick of programming so I'm thankful we were as far into the project as we were when this tragedy happened.
We were currently working on the (spoiler alert) two-stage wizard mode for High Noon. Rules are in but that Lyman choreography polish we've all grown to appreciate and love hadn't been meticulously implemented yet.
There's also potentially (Spoiler alert) some hardware features to our update that had not been fully implemented yet.
I'll be seeing this thing through without a doubt. Him and I were so proud of the work we accomplished on this thing and there's no way he wouldn't want to see the community enjoy the update.

Thank you for taking the time to post here in this obviously difficult time for Lyman's friends & family. While he was a true artist(and not just a coder) and will never be replaced, I am sure you and the CGC team will find a way to finish the project in a way that will honor his memory.

#5189 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Seems unlikely as any changes wouldn’t be made to the 800+ playfields that were ready in August.

Yeah because if they had to re-drill every pf it would create a delay in production…. Hmmmm..

1 week later
#5391 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I predict LE's in August.

I predict June. Yes 2022 lol

#5393 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

how to spend big dollars for a game and then get reduced to guessing dates for delivery !
nearest guess gets free LE?

You can play that game with any new hybrid car as well… way more money.. same game.

#5572 2 years ago

Let's hope the gap between shipping SEs and LEs isn't as big as it was with the last MMr run. The SEs were out at Xmas (Dec/Jan) but the Royals didn't ship until May. There was a 3-4 month gap and the whining on the thread was out-of-control again after the intial joy of seeing SEs ship...

#5605 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hemispheres posted they got some se machines today. Hope for my le soon! I need a fix lol

If it's anything like the last MMr release there can be quite a large gap between the SE and LE. As in 3-4 months.. I hope not.

#5621 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Cool! What app to you use on your phone?

Pinball Arcade - Although you cannot buy Wms/Bly tables anymore as they lost the licence.

#5681 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Let’s see if I have this right.
1. There’s the original code from 1998
2. There’s the original code plus what it would have been like had it been finished back in the day. Courtesy of the great Lyman RIP
3. There’s completely new code that has elements from CCcontinued plus some other modes Josh sharpe and Lyman were working on and almost got it to where they were happy with it. Now to be completed solely by Josh. To be had at a later date unknown at this time and will more than likely have a cost associated.
Is that about right?

Sort of. Point number 3 has had no info given out about it. There could be nothing of CContinued. Nobody but Josh knows. In any case it was always to be had at a later date and was never purported to be ready at launch, regardless of the passing of Lyman RIP.

#5739 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Was this really a LE, if so nice to see them out in the wild already.

IIRC This was one of the LE Prototypes that was used for the reveal. It's been out in the wild since then. Not a production LE.

#5742 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm still hoping for a classic edition. Not a fan of clown puke GI. Have owned MM Classic and MB Classic and they were truest to the originals.

I thought that CGC had stated they would not be making a classic edition.

FYI the RGB GI is user selectable in the settings. You can turn it into the boring and unimaginative warm white of the 90's if you so choose.

I also find it funny that you should choose an avatar from that movie. You say "clown puke GI" but I don't think you know what that means... There are many examples of clown puke GI here on Pinside but I disagree that controlled RGB GI that matches gameplay should be categorized as clown puke, especially that 90% of the time it's just white.

2 weeks later
#5943 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman71:

I am curious when you ordered it? I ordered mine in February.

Most that are getting upgraded probably placed their order right when it was announced in Oct 2021.

2 weeks later
#6128 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Hi JFH,
Thanks for the info.
By any chance, do you know how long this will be in production? If Medieval Madness Royal is going back onto the line in early 23, is that the end of CC?
Just trying to juggle pin purchases (and I can only get CC or MM, not both...... hard to choose) Can't get an CCLE anymore, makes the Royal a bit more attractive.

Royals were a 1 time deal as announced by CGC at the time. You can get the special edition though. Unless you are looking at the used market.

#6131 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So doesn't it seem quite possible that they could make an improved Royal Edition and just call it something else?
Kinda like what the Royal Edition did to the original MMr LE models.

Is it possible? Sure - nothing is impossible. Is it likely? Probably not.

This has been discussed so much in the MMr thread. MM was a special case because their top end model wasn't up to par with the other remakes they produced. Hence the Royal, which pissed off a lot of LE owners because now essentially you have a version that's way more limited than the LE and it looks nicer and has more bling, to match the other LEs. This led to them offering the upgrade parts/kits in order to appease their loyal customer base (LE owners).

When they produced the Royal CGC posted in the Pinside thread that they would build as many as had been ordered but this was a one time deal and it would not be produced again.

Could they eventually come up with a v2.0 of all their remakes?? Sure.. why not? IMHO I think that this too is very unlikely given the current work being done on releasing a non-remake game or games, as well as possibly more remakes. If anything I think we are more likely to see some sort of paid software upgrade on the other remakes like CCr will be getting with the Lyman/Josh code expansion. CGC will probably wait to gauge interest in the expanded code for CCr and then decide if they should offer it for the other remakes.

Obviously other than that CGC post about the Royal being a 1 time deal, most of this is just my opinion.

#6154 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't think they ever came out and said that, which is why Royals were never numbered. Its coming although they may call it something else

You've been given the link to CGC's statement that they would NOT make more Royals in the MMr thread. Yet you keep pushing your fake news on different threads. You can speculate all you want but stop pretending you haven't heard about no more Royals.

The post is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/87#post-5273926

The highlight is:
"We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time."

Yes we KNOW you were pissed as an original LE buyer/owner that they were coming out with another better "limited" version. You've made your feelings known many times on that other thread. The Royals aren't numbered to appease folks like you that feel cheated somehow.

Personally I expect them to only make SEs in the next run and no classics. Whether they offer the topper or not remains to be seen. Other than the topper the only real difference between the SE and Royal is the shaker, powdercoat, and warranty anyway. They're all the same lol.

My Royal leaves tomorrow to make room for CCr (and a P3). MM was a grail game for me and I enjoyed it thoroughly during the 2 years I had it but I beat it fairly regularly now and it's just time to go.

#6163 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You're smoking crack if you don't think CGC is going to sell another MMR without the topper, shaker, large screen, and RGB lighting....its by far their most profitable model with zero R & D costs....look what they did with CCRLE...they saw the demand for the topper and after launch decided to sell it to everyone who wanted it (never done that before). My point is CGC will now change course based on demand (good business), and the loaded MMR is clearly that. For the record I don't feel cheated at all as CGC did a great job of offering the upgrades to original LE owners.

BTW Large screen and RGB is already part of the SE package. As I posted above the SE and RE are the same except for the topper (which is offered separately anyway), the powdercoat which anyone can do, and the warranty. Totally expect to see an SE+ offered on the next run. Just like CCr.

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This will in practice be the same thing as the RE, except for the RGB pops (easy mod), mirrored blades (don't like them anyhow), and powdercoat (prefer the original metal). They have already been pretty clear that this is intended to be like the SE+ version of CCr: larger screen, topper, etc. They may or may not bundle the topper or sell it separately from what I have been told. I don't understand the prestige factor for RE owners. It is the same game, was sold for $10k because of the upgrades, and many took a pass as the topper and screen upgrade were available for the other models. Honestly, I feel like I will be getting more of what I want in MM than the RE option, plus some of my own mods, dragon, trolls, Merlin, archers with interactive lighting. I'm in for my last round.

I have the mirror blades on 2 games (Royal and SW Prem) and I really like the look. Brightens the game without add-on spots or pinstadiums. It depends on the game for me. Wouldn't want it on my other games.

Not sure about the "prestige" thing. I only bought the Royal because it had the extra stuff I would've bought anyway. Didn't cost more than getting the game then the add-ons. Win-win for me. Oh and I liked the free powdercoat on it although it looks plain black in most settings. You need bright lighting to see the sparkle effect.

#6203 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Any word on estimated delivery of le versions?

That question gets asked every 2-3 days and the response is always the same. Read the FAQ:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town#post-6777875

7 months later
#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Look I agree with almost everything you said, but I think we have a right to voice our displeasure. We all gave them a significant deposit last year, and we have a right to complain/ask for an update. I like CGC and I am excited for the game - but I also think it is ok for us to raise a bit of noise and ask for an update.
As a business you usually want your customer to voice their dissatisfaction before they all just up and demand their money back. The update doesn't need to be anything elaborate (for me at least) they can just fill in these blanks
Dear Valued Customer,
We apologize the delay in the production of Cactus Canyon LE's. Please be assured we are doing everything in our power to get these games shipped as quickly as possible. Currently, we are waiting for _______fill in the blank_________ and they are scheduled to to be in our production facility ________insert date________ . Once we receive these parts we anticipate production will take between _______ and _____ weeks to complete production. Please note we will have to verify that they parts meet our quality requirements. if we have any issues we will be forced to have an additional delay.

The problem with this has been brought up over and over again, mostly by jfh .

Voicing your displeasure here on Pinside does nothing. This is a pinball enthusiast forum. CGC doesn't come here and read this stuff all the time or don't feel like they need to respond here. They have occasionally responded here but it's a rare thing.

What jfh is trying to say is you need to voice your displeasure at your distributor, who will then voice their displeasure to CGC if enough complaints come in. Then maybe we'll get an update?

2 months later
#6573 1 year ago

Someone should make a poll thread with "Who do we think will remake BBB".

After looking at the layout my vote goes to Multimorphic... It can be done with their platform and it would be completely unexpected.

5 months later
#6629 9 months ago
Quoted from sepins:

Why not release what You have and give us some excitement?

Because it doesn’t own it. CGC does.He is one of the designers and he has the latest WIP version. It’s not for release.

It’s like asking Keith Elwin to release his latest beta he is working on. He doesn’t own that, Stern does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,500 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.