(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If they are blinging out these CCr, go all the way.
One vote for belt buckles plaques.
[quoted image]

New lock down bar or start button

4 weeks later
#542 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000:

I wasn't aware that Planetary is only selling LEs. I would have thought they would want to sell all versions. Any idea why they will only sell LEs?

That's not exactly the correct interpretation of the information provided. They are only taking preorders for the LE right now (well in the very near future). They aren't on the non limited variants (whatever those might be). Why nobody posted the actual email instead of making statements and letting speculation run wild is a little confusing to me so here is the exact email.

CCR LE LIST INFO:

Wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that asked to be on our list. We are still waiting on details, like pricing so please stand by for that. If you have ordered your game with us before it should be very similar. I know everyone wants to know their spot in line, but it is too early to know as some people on my list will probably back out due to various reasons and the list will change so please be patient for final spots in line. You will have a chance to put your deposit in if you are on this list, and that in return will set your spot we go off to notify when your game is ready.

if you got this message you are on my list and below are some random pieces of information that might be helpful about how our ordering process will go:

• “you are on the list” what this means is, as long as CGC makes CCR you will have the chance to buy the LE, this list is only for the LE model. We are not taking orders for any other models at this time. We never over sell spots. If we took your name we have a spot for you.

• “deposits” We take deposits by check, CC, PayPal. Deposits and spots in line can be canceled and refunded at any time before you make your final payment.

• “final payments” only to be paid by check, direct deposit, or wire transfer no exceptions. After the final payment is made no refunds can be given. Final payments are only collected when your game is ready. If you know this will be an issue for payment we will need to remove you from the list. We have never taken CC’s or PayPal for game sales, only for the deposit which will be deducted from your final balance when your game is ready. Right now we are still months out so there is time to plan if needed. We can skip over people as well if you want to be last.

• “number match” I know everyone wants the same numbers and that is up to CGC and always has been so please standby for that update from them.

• “shipping” we do curbside only w/ insurance and we use FEDEX or R&L we never use economy shippers and we cap at $300. That is always on top of the game price. Shipping is always paid for by the customer. The customer can arrange their own shipping which requires a BOL sent to us. NO PICKUPS AT CGC W/O BOL.

• If I were to guess a time a frame, I would say 2-3 months until LE’s start to roll out (key word is guess).

• We generally ship 5-20 games per batch when they start shipping and batches can sometimes be every 2 weeks so it can go by fast when the time comes.

Right now there is nothing to do but wait. I know most people want more info on the actual game and what it will offer so please keep waiting. If you decide the game is not for you, we can remove you from the list no problem. When I get an official CGC update I will send it out. Thank you!

1 week later
#616 2 years ago

Super stoked, Mr. Sheats has an impressive resume of games I enjoy playing. It also puts to bed any lingering questions about "if". Now it's just about what it's going to look like.

#735 2 years ago

JJ at GEX sells CGC remakes.

3 weeks later
#1217 2 years ago

If you are on the guaranteed list don't email PPS, I'm sure they're blowing up as it is:

From Sara:

CCR LE update:

The game has just been announced at Chicago Expo. If you got this message, you have the chance to buy the CCR LE from us.

We (PPS) need the weekend to get the proper information ready to send out (pricing, features, how to order, etc.), so please be patient and have peace of mind that you are on our “guaranteed to buy” list.

Our next email to you should be early next week (Tues/Wed), at that time you can read about the game details and make your deposit (you may already have some info if you attended Expo).

Deposits will be the usual $1,000 to hold your spot until your game is ready. If you got this message then you will have plenty of time to put your deposit in. Please do not ask what spot in line you are at this time.

If you are not going to order from us (PPS) please reply back at any time and ask to be removed from this list.

Thank you again!

[email protected]

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Some better photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it! Would definitely consider some of that stuff for mine if it were available.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I find all of these posts telling manufacturers how "things can be fixed" right after they have made some of their most successful business ever absolutely hilarious.
I remember watching an interview with Wolfgang Porsche a couple years back, and they were asking him how demand for their GT cars was so insane, why they were such prized items and how Porsche managed to create such a devoted, cult-like community around their limited edition cars with all of them selling out before they were even announced. And his answer was basically: "First you make the best cars you can make, then you estimate demand for them, and then you make sure you make fewer than that."
It's such a simple principle but, like it or not, when it comes to luxury/non-essential/high-dollar items it is central marketing, because it just works. And it works exponentially better the greater the product you have. Gary Stern is probably the best businessman the pinball world has ever had, and he knew exactly what he was doing when he started offering the tiered versions with the LEs on top.
Of course it's all a fine balancing act on the producer's side... continuing the Porsche example, you get the same identical complains whenever an extra run is introduced or a variant shows up. "They said they were going to make only 911 of these, but this new version is the same with a wing! I will never buy another Porsche again!" It's all about striking the right balance between making product vs. disturbing the fickle economy you have engineered.
The phases tend to be the same, with typical ones being "I can't believe I can't get one, but I actually like the base model better" and "This sport is broken! Only people with X times more money than I do can afford these now!" and then "Dealers are all thieves, can't believe how high these are marked up..." and on and on until the inevitable "Porsche is so stupid... they are leaving money on the table. Here's how they can fix it so every one can get one..."
Or, you know... maybe they are just making great product and then doing exactly what is best for their business.

Saturation is definitely not the answer. I have multiple examples just in previous hobbies that I have had personally where average edition sizes went from 500/1000 (some even as low as 50) to 5000/9500 and it absolutely tanked the market. The manufacturers ended up with loads of back stock and took a bath on all of their excess product. Oddly enough, learning from that misstep about 15 years ago, all of their newer product is pretty limited again and it drives a feeding frenzy and heightened brand recognition/exclusivity. There is definitely a sweet spot which you want to exist in.

#2208 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Did it say Nevada pinball as a sub-reseller? I want to make sure it’s a legit email

Yes

#2231 2 years ago

It'll be interesting to see if they ship in invoice number order. I.e. does that reflect your position in line.

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hopefully we can get a close up pic from underneath the new CCr PF to see if the PF has been routed out for saloon doors [quoted image][quoted image]

There are literally huge gaping holes in the PF at the doors. I'm not sure such a rough Whitewood is a very good indicator of what a tested and polished mech would need to be installed retroactively.

3 weeks later
#4239 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Can't wait to see the final, approved artwork - OG Bally logo will be on it!

It's the exact same image simply in a mirrored glsss version. At least that's my understanding. I'm pretty sure it was already shown in this thread from before the product page was taken down. Even which parts were mirrored were called out by a pinsider.

4 weeks later
#4617 2 years ago

The best solution is to buy a large lot of keyed alike double bitted locks from Terry at PBL. I bought 20 of them like 15 years ago and just swap the lock cylinders on all my games when I get them. The same key opens all of my pins and the nicer locks operate much smoother. When I go to sell, I just swap a stock lock cylinder back in before it leaves.

1 week later
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Thanks for sharing. New to pinball, didn't even think of a third party option. Can definitely work with that.
Now where to order a mid grade machine from....

I highly recommend JJ at GEX or going directly through PPS to try and jump the line with their larger allocation.

1 month later
#5778 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Pics look amazing.
I see the cliffy on the mine is definitely included.[quoted image]

This please. Curious what protectors come stock from CGC and which I'll need to order to have ready for the game's arrival.

#5789 2 years ago

We need an early delivery game owner to reach out to Cliff to be his test fit champion. Who's going to sign up for that and reach out to him?

#5794 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I can do that. I will PM him.

Thanks bud!

8 months later
#6500 1 year ago

I just received the tracking number for my CCR LE!

Screenshot_20221117_134847 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221117_134847 (resized).jpg
#6507 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Wait…. What? Serious?

100%, should be here Wednesday. If it lands I'll probably go grab it from the terminal if they try and sit on it for a few days.

5 months later
#6610 11 months ago

It's subtle but I think it's cool looking. You'll probably be the only one who ever notices it so it's up to you if it's worth it or not. When I look at it, I don't regret it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,795 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.