(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2435 2 years ago

I haven’t had time to check out all the videos from Expo, but has anything been mentioned from CGC why the original saloon doors where not brought back the remake? I was hoping we would see the return of the saloon doors from the CC prototypes.

#2439 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

They're a prototype idea that wasn't fully developed. It may even not worked well or shot well.
It's weird why people for CC suddenly ask about this.
Some Monster Bash prototypes had a metal jump ramp, I don't see MBr owners asking to get that in their game ?

Likely because not a lot of people have played a CC compared to just about everything playing a MM, MB and AFM.

It’s also a pretty cool idea to have some saloon doors to bash on a cowboy pin.

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. The LE topper is no different than any of the other items you mention as distinguishing it from the SE (except side art, which is the same).
Stern does not make LE toppers (e.g. Batman) or any other LE parts available to anyone other than LE owners. For Batman there was a separate topper available for the other models. For games where toppers aren’t tied to a specific trim model they are still essentially limited - demand for a lot of the toppers typically far exceeds production. Look at Elvira 40th - $20k+ and it doesn’t come with the topper. And it’s not just toppers - remember Tron ramps, Star Trek LE side rails, mirrored backglasses vs. translites?
It is unfair to CGC to ask them to solve industry wide challenges that exist with multi-version trim lines.

Stern only limited toppers with BM66LE & SLE something they have never done again since.

What I find weird about this CGC topper situation is they must have spent a lot of time coding in this shooting gallery feature, I just can’t see that being exclusive to the LE, whether SE owners get a slightly different topper it’s an odd choice to limit such an extensive feature.

#2710 2 years ago

What a bunch of whiny self entitled babies.

Unless your looking to flip an LE, what is the problem? If you wanted the LE and got an LE because that is the model you wanted awesome!

Same thing was argued for years over a possible TRON vault with lighted ramps, I had 2 TRON LEs and I was all for a vault with lighted ramps. It wouldn’t make me enjoy my LEs any less.

First world problems regarding an inessential toy we should all remember we are lucky enough to be to afford.

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No still a few SE lift but we had to buy the same amount to get the LE, I am sure Toppers will come as an extra, as there isn't enough LE in todays market

In Aus did you also have to buy 1 x SE for every LE you wanted? Same rule here in the U.K.

#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Lucky? How about I busted my ass through two decades to be in a position to toss around money like this. I'm not lucky. I'm not fortunate. I'm a hard worker. I keep the economy flowing and pump the velocity of money. I keep many, many people in gainful employment. I pay nearly half of my personal income in taxes and nearly vomit seeing how much the businesses are taxed. Not lucky by any stretch (unless you define luck as the intersection of preparation and opportunity, you might have me on that one).

Your still lucky to be in the position your in, life throws many people curve balls, I agree hard work puts a lot of us in this position, I’ve worked 3 jobs when I have had to now just the 2. But we are still lucky and should be greatful we haven’t kicked the bucket yet or had some other life altering curve ball thrown our way that we can bitch about 10k pinball purchases.

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Your logic applies to those that are getting an SE and whining about not getting a topper in exactly the same way.

Correct, which is why I gave your post a thumbs up! Anyone bitching about a 8-9k purchase missing or needing an exclusive piece of plastic to sit on it needs to get their shit together.

Quoted from Krupps4:

Are you referring to the LE or SE buyers?

Both! There’s really no need for all the continued and repetitive bitching over a topper of all things!

#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from Myles32:

CGC are dirtbags for changing the topper from limited edition only to now everyone can get it

Has it been officially confirmed now? Source?

#2729 2 years ago

Ultimately why does one of us disapprove of another getting the game/features they want?

Genuine question to LE owners how will a SE topper effect your enjoyment of your LE? It certainly won’t effect long term value as there will always be those who simply want the LE version.

jake35 Gotfrogs I assume your LE buyers? would be interested to hear your takes on it fellas.

#2740 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

“your” = indicates possession
“you’re” = you are
Go ahead - call me a “Grammar Nazi”, but some of you idiots are KILLING me.

“Your” a grammar Nazi

#2761 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I have read some comments about Saloon doors on an old prototype. What did they do?

Not sure other than open and close or lift up and down, but here they are, look like they could be kinda cool to shoot compared to a one way gate.

F7C74DE6-394B-4DB8-8966-6A90C6712D80 (resized).jpegF7C74DE6-394B-4DB8-8966-6A90C6712D80 (resized).jpeg

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

"I don't get the exclusive offers in dealing with PPS. I am in Canada, so I cannot order thru you guys, but i would be very interested in a mirrored backlgass and Brian Allen Artwork."
we will look into what we can do on that ... all very complicated with Territories, which is not a complaint, just a complication!

I imagine this would be appreciated by a lot of buyers who are locked out from dealing with you guys due to their locations.

Can you not simply offer this to anyone who’s able to prove they have purchased a CCR? Surely it would benefit yourselves at PPS with a much larger pool of consumers potentially keen on adding a back glass to their CCR?

2 weeks later
#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your correct on Lyman code, but it won't sell well if its over priced....$200-300 yes....$500+ no

Colour rom was £400 I think here in the UK, guessing it was similar stateside? No way CGC sell Lyman code less than a coloured rom.

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Time will tell, but I doubt people will throw stupid money at a code update

Stupid money you say?……

BDD609B8-A607-4CCD-A149-DEFA35DF8E07.gifBDD609B8-A607-4CCD-A149-DEFA35DF8E07.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,000 (Firm)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.